What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2024 Kentucky Derby Thread (1 Viewer)

Churchill not having .10 supers is pretty dumb
I think it’s just for derby weekend it would be a nightmare at the betting windows
I’m blown away that people still wait in line at windows. Even at the track I sit in my seat and bet on my phone

It’s been a few years since I’ve been, but cell reception at CD is pretty spotty on derby day. Maybe it’s improved a bit since then

I think it’s just for derby weekend it would be a nightmare at the betting windows
I’m blown away that people still wait in line at windows. Even at the track I sit in my seat and bet on my phone

It’s been a few years since I’ve been, but cell reception at CD is pretty spotty on derby day. Maybe it’s improved a bit since then
Wow seriously? That’s crazy

Just drew the 9th pick in our annual $20 entry draft to win $400. Most of my favorites were chosen so I ended up taking the #8. Currently 17-1, it looks like I will require "just a touch" of luck. 🍀 🍀

The most casual of casual fans checking in here.

My daughter, who does not watch even a nano second of any sport, for some reason loves watching the triple crown with her old man. We have been watching together for probably 14 years now.

She has the fancy hats that we both wear during the races. She even boos when Baffert comes on the screen :lmao:

Please share with me some trivial facts about the race this year that I can talk about with her. Are there any celebrity owners? She always likes when she knows some one who is involved.

My daughter, who does not watch even a nano second of any sport, for some reason loves watching the triple crown with her old man. We have been watching together for probably 14 years now.

She has the fancy hats that we both wear during the races. She even boos when Baffert comes on the screen :lmao:

Please share with me some trivial facts about the race this year that I can talk about with her. Are there any celebrity owners? She always likes when she knows some one who is involved.
@NewlyRetired

You all can get taste of greatness at Churchill today with the Oaks race. This is the big race that always precedes the Derby the Friday before. Everything is pink as the race is for the ladies, fillies and mares. This is the one that many locals go to every year (we did when we lived there).

Races are on USA network. Oaks runs around 5:50 pm.

Have fun! Enjoy!

Current odds. May have to include Stringhold underneath at 43-1

Kentucky Derby odds​

• Fierceness (Post 17): 9-5
  • Sierra Leone (2): 6-1
  • Forever Young (11): 8-1
  • Catching Freedom (4): 9-1
  • Dornoch (1): 15-1
  • Honor Marie (7): 16-1
  • Just A Touch (8): 17-1
  • Mystik Dan (3): 27-1
  • Resilience (19): 28-1
  • West Saratoga (13): 32-1
  • Just Steel (6): 34-1
  • Domestic Product (15): 38-1
  • Catalytic (5): 42-1
  • Stronghold (18): 43-1
  • Track Phantom (12): 52-1
  • Endlessly (14): 52-1
  • T O Password (10): 61-1
  • Epic Ride (21): 63-1
  • Grand Mo The First (16): 64-1
  • Society Man (20): 73-1
  • Mugatu (22): 87-1
Ok folks……here is our action:

Daily Double Race 11 All with 1,4 in the Derby

Exacta box

WPS on the 1 and 4

Trifecta key

4 on top of

We got Dornoch at 20-1 and Catching Freedom at 8-1

Let’s gooooooooooo!

Fun fact about the 2023 winner Mage.

My dad and uncle are minority owners in him.

Yeah that was a fun day last year.

In the mid and late 70’s and early 80’s I was around horses a ton with my dad at Gulfstream, Hialeah and Calder.

He was a highly active owner and breeder back then.

I learned what a perfecta was at age 7

Well, I got destroyed today, but on the plus side I have an oaks/derby double alive. May be worth $20.

We were in clubhouse hospitality room and windows were free everywhere. Never waited

If you are searching for celebrity owners, look no further than the Fishbeins.

Hit the 6-10 exacta in the last. Taking a shot here with the 2-3 being in the tri underneath. $5 tri's 1,9,11/2,3/2,3

Hit for a bit - we'll see what that pays. Should have just keyed the 7 to both win types - he's the one I liked best

Semi-current odds:

PRG #HORSEODDS
1Dornoch21-1
2Sierra Leone5-1
3Mystik Dan15-1
4Catching Freedom8-1
5Catalytic34-1
6Just Steel25-1
7Honor Marie12-1
8Just a Touch11-1
9EncinoSCRATCHED
10T O Password (JPN)49-1
11Forever Young (JPN)6-1
12Track Phantom40-1
13West Saratoga26-1
14Endlessly46-1
15Domestic Product29-1
16Grand Mo the First45-1
17Fierceness3-1
18Stronghold32-1
19Resilience28-1
20Society Man49-1
21Epic Ride47-1

Fierceness up to 7/2. Wow. Money coming in on the Japanese horse. Brown wins this next race. Loaded. Likely 3 or 11 but 6 isn't out of it either. Bad post but I think the 12 is much better at a mile. Will include him. 1 will try to steal it. California speed but tough chore

Agree Track Mate is dangerous here. Lukas, blinkers, getting better. Zozo and the outside both have question marks. Also thinks Rosario runs big here. Getting better with Amoss

what are we looking at guys? i’ve been drinking and am outside austin and want to have a betting interest.

ill trade ufc bets:
Pereira; Lucindo, Bonfim; Petrino to win

Users who are viewing this thread