What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Bush to be traded? (1 Viewer)

C-Bound

Footballguy
RB Michael Bush, who is a free agent at the end of the season and will make only $550,000 in 2010, is a prime trade candidate.

Roto commentary but facts are facts. This would be great for Bush and Mcfadden owners. Where would/could he go? :popcorn:

RB Michael Bush, who is a free agent at the end of the season and will make only $550,000 in 2010, is a prime trade candidate.Roto commentary but facts are facts. This would be great for Bush and Mcfadden owners. Where would/could he go? :popcorn:
Hrm, own Bush in one league and McFadden in the other. This would be a best case scenario for sure :thumbup: -QG

This is only his 3rd year right? Unless you're projecting the RFA tag to disappear or drop lower than 3 years, hes not going anywhere. Not really sure what Rotoworld (you really shouldn't steal their content without crediting them) is thinking here.

This is only his 3rd year right? Unless you're projecting the RFA tag to disappear or drop lower than 3 years, hes not going anywhere. Not really sure what Rotoworld (you really shouldn't steal their content without crediting them) is thinking here.
4th year - drafted in 2007. On PUP/IR rookie year

Last edited by a moderator:
They said every player is avalaible BUT with Mcfadden injured and Bennet also injured the one player they cant trade is Bush. After seeing Revis reinure the hamstring after 2 weeks you cant assume that McFadden will be back or not re-injure the hammy . Hamstring injuries are notorius for sticking around . Look at Revis.

RB Michael Bush, who is a free agent at the end of the season and will make only $550,000 in 2010, is a prime trade candidate.Roto commentary but facts are facts. This would be great for Bush and Mcfadden owners. Where would/could he go? :blackdot:
Hrm, own Bush in one league and McFadden in the other. This would be a best case scenario for sure :lmao: -QG
keep us posted
Will do :lol:Actually any update on this? Raider fans are usually pretty good at reading Al's mind (even if it's a horror story) - any talk of this in the Bay Area?-QG

This is the third year of hearing Bush will be traded, but I don't expect Al to get something done.

RB Michael Bush, who is a free agent at the end of the season and will make only $550,000 in 2010, is a prime trade candidate.Roto commentary but facts are facts. This would be great for Bush and Mcfadden owners. Where would/could he go? :yes:
Hrm, own Bush in one league and McFadden in the other. This would be a best case scenario for sure :thumbup: -QG
keep us posted
Will do :bag:Actually any update on this? Raider fans are usually pretty good at reading Al's mind (even if it's a horror story) - any talk of this in the Bay Area?-QG
My gut tells me that Al will not trade MB, even if he's sure to leave at the end of the season. He's too stubborn to give up on this season even if we are 2-4 and headed no where. Plus there's the NE draft pick factor at play. Last thing Al wants is for the Raiders to tank the season and NE to get a top five pick.Plus if MB does leave at the end of the year as a FA, the Raiders will likely get a third round compensatory pick, so a team would have to offer at least a 2nd rounder. When you factor in Al's stubborn attitude and the NE draft pick factor, it'll probably take a 1st, making a trade highly unlikely.

RB Michael Bush, who is a free agent at the end of the season and will make only $550,000 in 2010, is a prime trade candidate.Roto commentary but facts are facts. This would be great for Bush and Mcfadden owners. Where would/could he go? :boxing:
keep us posted
Will do :)Actually any update on this? Raider fans are usually pretty good at reading Al's mind (even if it's a horror story) - any talk of this in the Bay Area?-QG
My gut tells me that Al will not trade MB, even if he's sure to leave at the end of the season. He's too stubborn to give up on this season even if we are 2-4 and headed no where. Plus there's the NE draft pick factor at play. Last thing Al wants is for the Raiders to tank the season and NE to get a top five pick.Plus if MB does leave at the end of the year as a FA, the Raiders will likely get a third round compensatory pick, so a team would have to offer at least a 2nd rounder. When you factor in Al's stubborn attitude and the NE draft pick factor, it'll probably take a 1st, making a trade highly unlikely.
Good point about the compensatory pick deal - I gather that didn't go away with the uncapped year/CBA situation? The compensatory picks are one of the few areas with the CBA where the Bengals seem to actually game the system properly so I can totally see that aspect. That is assuming they couldn't get a 3rd-rounder for him of course :) -QG

This is the third year of hearing Bush will be traded, but I don't expect Al to get something done.
/threadSame story every year. Fantasy players that overrate Bush imagine a trade makes sense, and somehow speculate that the Raiders are discussing it.

/threadSame story every year. Fantasy players that overrate Bush imagine a trade makes sense, and somehow speculate that the Raiders are discussing it.
They have tried to trade him before but couldn't get what they wanted. However, this year they need him more than ever. Mcfadden is hurt once again and there is no depth behind him. Why would they trade him now for a fourth round pick?

4th year - drafted in 2007. On PUP/IR rookie year
That would make this his 3rd year then as far as the NFL is concerned.
No it wouldn't. It was an accrued season.

This is insane. McFadden can't stay healthy, and Bush is, what, a second round pick? Oakland likes Bush. They aren't trading him.

This is insane. McFadden can't stay healthy, and Bush is, what, a second round pick? Oakland likes Bush. They aren't trading him.
I agree with this. McFadden isn't even back yet so they would be foolish to give up that depth. Once DMC is back they are going to want the insurance of having Bush on the bench and to use to run out games. Who would fill that role if Bush was gone?

I agree with this. McFadden isn't even back yet so they would be foolish to give up that depth. Once DMC is back they are going to want the insurance of having Bush on the bench and to use to run out games. Who would fill that role if Bush was gone?
Furthermore, I think the Raiders would be happy using McFadden and Bush as a 1-2 punch. Trading Bush would say to me that Oakland has given up on the season. And have we ever known Al Davis to be a realist about Oakland's chances?

"Plus if MB does leave at the end of the year as a FA, the Raiders will likely get a third round compensatory pick, so a team would have to offer at least a 2nd rounder. When you factor in Al's stubborn attitude and the NE draft pick factor, it'll probably take a 1st, making a trade highly unlikely."

While there is no guarantee that the compensatory picks system will be re-implemented, they have previously been based heavily on contract value.

According to AdamJT13, when predicting the 2010 comp picks:

"Last year, regardless of playing time or postseason honors, the third-round comp players had signed for at least $6.5 million per season, the fourth-round comp players had signed for $4.8 million to $6 million, all but one of the fifth-round comp players had signed for $4 million to $5 million, the sixth-round comp players had signed for $2.7 million to $3.9 million, and the seventh-round comp players had signed for less than $2.65 million per season."

http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2010/03/proje...-nfl-draft.html

If MB signs elsewhere as a free agent in the offseason, will the (hypothetical) compensatory draft pick in 2012 be higher than what the Raiders could receive in trade for the 2011 draft? Then compare both of those picks to the value of his performance with the Raiders for the remainder of the 2010 season?

Once again, though, this would be the logical way to evaluate the scenario.

Not the Al Davis way.

Users who are viewing this thread