What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marquise Goodwin (2 Viewers)

I picked him up this week. He was a sneaky play when Lockett went out. He just got a lot less sexy, and I am not starting a guy because I was excited about his opportunity three days ago.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said Thursday that Goodwin (wrist/ankle) is likely to play Saturday at Kansas City, despite being listed as questionable for the contest, Brady Henderson of ESPN.com reports.

Goodwin was listed as a full practice participant Tuesday on account of the wrist issue, but he ended up taking a designation into the weekend after downgrading to limited activity Wednesday, when he suffered a lateral ankle sprain in practice. The wideout then sat out Thursday's session entirely, but Carroll suggested Goodwin's absence was mostly rest-related.
I do not love that progression of events.

I'll be checking for the pre-game injury report.

No doubt...but consider yourself lucky; I have to make the call tonight....will be completely out of pocket all day tomorrow.

Don't like the term "lateral ankle sprain"...perhaps someone with knowledge could share shed some light on that.
AFAIK it’s just a low ankle sprain.

I picked him up this week. He was a sneaky play when Lockett went out. He just got a lot less sexy, and I am not starting a guy because I was excited about his opportunity three days ago.
If he’s active I’ll start him. If not, I’ll go with Davis or Palmer. :shrug:
It's either him or Brandon Cooks for me. Lost Kupp and not starting DPJ in that weather...

I'm Between him and Jamaal Williams.
Have swift and 45% dog so considering upside vs cornering the DET backfield.

Dice roll

Dice roll
Williams' usage has been going in the wrong direction.
If I thought I was an underdog, I would check pregame Twitter right up until gametime, see if Goodwin is good to go, then start him.

Dice roll
As a Jamaal Williams shareholder, he’s been unstartable for weeks.

Goodwin should be a decent floor play with a very respectable ceiling in a game where they should be passing a lot.

If Goodwin plays, you’ve gotta play him over JaaWill. One man’s opinion.

Does Goodwin start on left or right side on the outside? Looks like his TD vs Chargers was on the right?

KC PPR Allowed vs Opponent Average:
OUT WR: +2 (9th)
SLOT +.07 (13th)
LEFT WR: -.9 (18th)
RIGHT WR: +2.8 (3rd)

He'd be facing the weak spot of the KC secondary.

Last edited:
Have him in my flex right now. Other options are CPat, Amari Cooper (weather fears), and Chark. No ppr. Very uncertain what to do at this point.

I hate that he has a wrist injury, added an ankle injury, and DNP.
Pete Carroll said he expects all questionable guys to play, but I worry he won't be effective, and Pete Carroll thinks everyone will be fine all the time

I hate that he has a wrist injury, added an ankle injury, and DNP.
Pete Carroll said he expects all questionable guys to play, but I worry he won't be effective, and Pete Carroll thinks everyone will be fine all the time
Yep that's the fear. But he's listed as healthy now and starting. All we can do is go with what we know. I'm starting him because the matchup is better than my alternatives.

It seems like if you have DECENT alternatives, it might be better to play them instead of Goodwin. The last thing we want is for him to aggravate the ankle injury and go out in the 1st quarter.

Playing him. Almost all of my players are nicked up anyway. He can get injured again or play every snap and get tons of looks. Opportunity will be there and I have to bet on opportunity over everything else

I didn't see the game. Read he missed most of the 3rd quarter but went back in for the 4th. How did he get 0 catches in 3 quarters during a game they trailed the whole time? Geno just didn't look his way or what? DK went 7/81.

Yup. He headed up my worst scoring week of the year. Goodwin, Zay Jones, Stevenson, Shultz, Pollard, Dobbins.. Really bad timing.

Oh well, will try for 3rd place — and then finally rooting for actual REAL football

On top of that — I don’t even want to go back and look to see who I dropped D’Onte Foreman (buck 65 and score ) for 😔

Last edited:
Apparently he aggravated his wrist.
:sadbanana:

He came back, but Geno just didn’t look his way at all. Didn’t make sense, but then neither did a run-heavy game script down 17-3 in the 3rd quarter, or running it on 3rd and 12.

What a letdown.

Also, a very good lesson for me to not get cute next week in the LCG. Imma start Davis at flex because that is why I drafted him:
:doh:

Goodwin should be a decent floor play with a very respectable ceiling in a game where they should be passing a lot.

If Goodwin plays, you’ve gotta play him over JaaWill.
:ROFLMAO:
JaaWill scored 3.5 points and got hurt.

Goodwin also got hurt. Not easy to predict anything much less injury.

It’s Xmas. You can’t knock off the passive aggressive crap for 1 night? This is why so many people here don’t respect you.
:rolleyes:

Concur. I think the process was right.

As the person who started Goodwin over JWill I don't regret the decision. I think it was sound process and JWill only having 3pts solidifies that. CAR has been top 10 vs RBs in recent weeks as well.

That said, NFL is a funny game... especially when the weather gets rough.

I'm a 51% favorite (Yahoo) with 3 players to go total on both sides. We shall see if those 3 points mattered. 😂

If Goodwin plays, you’ve gotta play him over JaaWill.
:ROFLMAO:
JaaWill scored 3.5 points and got hurt.

Goodwin also got hurt. Not easy to predict anything much less injury.

It’s Xmas. You can’t knock off the passive aggressive crap for 1 night? This is why so many people here don’t respect you.
:rolleyes:

Be more cool than this. Either report or ignore.

Marquise Goodwin (wrist/shoulder) was downgraded to doubtful for Week 17 against the Jets.​

In the wise words of Adam Schefter, "It is believed that no player listed as doubtful in a week this season has gone on to play that Sunday." That was in reference to Jalen Hurts, but the point remains. With Goodwin not expected to play this week, the Seahawks could lean on heavy packages more often, keeping Noah Fant in the streaming conversation for Week 17.
Dec 30, 2022, 5:48 PM ET

Seahawks placed WR Marquise Goodwin (shoulder/wrist) on injured reserve.​

Goodwin filled in admirably as the WR3 in Seattle when called upon, finishing the year with 27 catches for 387 yards and four touchdowns. His one-year deal comes to an end at the end of season, making Goodwin a solid target for teams needing a vertical threat heading into the 2023 season.
Dec 31, 2022, 3:39 PM ET

Browns signed WR Marquise Goodwin, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year contract.​

As far as we know, the Browns were the only team pursuing Goodwin at this time. The speedy wideout posted a 27-387-4 line last season with the Seahawks and hasn't gone for more than 395 yards in any of his last four seasons. He'll likely serve as the fourth receiver behind Amari Cooper, Elijah Moore, and Donovan Peoples-Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Mar 24, 2023, 2:16 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread