What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Libs Of TikTok (Teachers): Locked Out From Twitter Over Posting About Kids At Drag Shows (4/24/22 5:19PST) (1 Viewer)

Kind of high?  62.5% of a class of 4th graders self identifying as LGBTQ+?  No chance that occurs without heavy influence by the teacher.  It's disgusting.  These teachers are grooming these kids into believing they are something they're not and it needs to stop.
I agree with you chet.   didn't touch a boob til 6th grade.  4th grade just liked playing soccer.

Conservative professors probably number less than 10%.  I am much more worried about the professors who identify as Marxist. There is an attempt from kindergarten through college by teachers/professors to indoctrinate students in a far left regime and it's beyond disgusting.

Which has nothing to do with what and what was being discussed. In other words, a deflection on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which has nothing to do with what I said, what was being discussed or what you quoted. In other words, a deflection on your part.

Actually, you're the one changing the topic.  Friendly reminder, the topic is:  Libs Of TikTok (Teachers): Relentless Threat Point Against America's Children?

Try to keep up.

Actually, you're the one changing the topic.  Friendly reminder, the topic is:  Libs Of TikTok (Teachers): Relentless Threat Point Against America's Children?

Try to keep up.

I was responding to this quote about the left complaining about conservative professors. Please try to keep up.

4 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Can we get some examples of the left complaining about conservative professors indoctoring college students at public universities?   

I was responding to this quote about the left complaining about conservative professors. Please try to keep up.

Fantastic.  Keep ignoring the elephant in the room.  [/sarcasm]  Instead, how about addressing the story about a 4th grade teacher indoctrinating his class into thinking 62.5 % of them are trans or gay.  BEYOND DISGUSTING and WRONG.

Fantastic.  Keep ignoring the elephant in the room.  [/sarcasm]  Instead, how about addressing the story about a 4th grade teacher indoctrinating his class into thinking 62.5 % of them are trans or gay.  BEYOND DISGUSTING and WRONG.

An unverified story by The Daily Caller?  :lol:  

Yes, I am certain that is legitimate news from this most trustworthy and credible source.

Do you have evidence of the teacher doing that?  Seems a pretty big accusation.

Do you have evidence of the teacher doing that?  Seems a pretty big accusation.

Just read the LoTT twitter feed for uncensored examples of teachers bragging about indoctrinating kids with their LGTBQA+ agenda.  It's disgusting and needs to stop.

Just read the LoTT twitter feed for uncensored examples of teachers bragging about indoctrinating kids with their LGTBQA+ agenda.  It's disgusting and needs to stop.

Translation:

"No, I don't have any evidence of the teacher doing that."

the right appears to be copying the left’s example and demonizing teachers. The methods of attacks are quite similar, including capturing some bad behavior on YouTube.  As someone with a wife and daughter in this profession it makes me ill. 
Are you ready to say that the right has a point?   And it's about time they used leftist tactics.   Since you agree with them. The tactics that is.

We already know you agree with the progressive  left.

Sure. The miniscule percentage of any teacher doing so should stop.  But that isn’t what I asked for.  So how about address the actual accusation you made about this teacher?

Ugh.  Ok, never mind.  Apparently it's not possible to teach conservativism.

VIDEO: Heated school board meeting in Loudoun County with new transgender policy to take effect soon Sep 14, 2021

The Loudoun County Public School Board took heat from dozens of frustrated parents Tuesday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1TBkjiQS_M

VIDEO: Watch Black Father Blast Critical Race Theory At Board Meeting In Viral Video Jun 18, 2021

"How do I have two medical degrees if I'm sitting here oppressed?" Ty Smith, a Black father and radio talk show host, went viral after he heavily criticized the idea of schools teaching Critical Race Theory at an Illinois school board meeting that was caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m66rcHzWaPU

VIDEO: Angry father speaks out at school board meeting Jan 30, 2021

Brandon Michon says his message isn't political. And if parents want to keep their kids home, he's fine with it. But the Virginia father says he's gone to Loudoun County School Board meetings for months and feels like his voice isn't being heard. Then, when his 5-year-old and 8-year-old spoke at this particular meeting, he says the board didn't acknowledge them. That's when he stepped forward and did not hold back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIR8UVBu4sc

@IvanKaramazov asked me in a previous reply, "What am I missing here?"

It's not just the issue of clearly coordinated and structured indoctrination aimed at Big Education to push a specific radical leftist agenda to create new future woke shock troopers for the Democratic Party.

The pandemic already put many parents on edge. School lockdowns put many parents on edge. The failures of many school districts and school boards to respond to the needs of working class parents put them on edge. For some, the entire issue of transgenders in sports where many feel girl sports are being mocked, diminished and punished for a specific political agenda will put those parents on edge. A lot of people also are struggling financially and emotionally from just not having their kids in school period.

Imagine if you are an embattled parent, already under the stress of the entire world in chaos and grim economic realities/prospects for many adults in America, and you have seen your school locked down, and you've seen your school district and your school board and your local school teachers just fumble the ball again and again, but those people are still getting paid, and you are worrying about the safety and security and future for your children, then you find out instead of figuring how how to get kids better at math or effective writing skills or learning more about science or participating in music or art or sports, that their teachers are shoveling their personal sexual lifestyles and sexual lives at them and the policy seems more oriented around defending books talking about dildos being accessible to kids and preteens than helping some kid do better at Geometry.

As @rockaction so aptly points out in other threads, public schools are the only option for most American parents. Nearly all Americans don't have the Gavin Newsom option to lock down all the schools then send his own kids to a swank secure privately guarded and elitist expensive academy that still is allowed in-person learning. When my godson was very young, I had the means and opportunity, from basically establishing literally a full working life to secure wealth beforehand, to have some choices in his education and his learning opportunities. Most parents don't have that. Many are trapped because they have to earn a living and they have to pay the mortgage and are locked into geography/logistics and they can't just pick up and move and leave or send their kids to private schools.

Ivan is taking the "college professor" perspective. But what if this clear patterned agenda of sexual indoctrination of America's children is just the final nail in the coffin after a series of brutal nails already driven in to weary and frustrated and angry parents?

"It's Easy To Say Because It's Not Your Kid"

I inherited my godson to raise later in life. There were countless things I just ignored or passed by as a single person because I was just trying to keep my companies going, make a living and get by in life. I didn't pay attention to the schools around me or the quality of the teachers or the concerns of many parents ( I cared about my employees and their families and their ability to provide for their kids, but that's a different situation and context) or if the school boards were full of zealots or not.

But when I became a parent, all that stuff had to really matter. And I saw how much the average every day working class American parent had to suffer to raise, support, feed and protect their kids.

It's easy for a Limousine Liberal from a Big Blue City and living in a sprawl of infused mass transit and dense proximity of basics to shout at people to just go buy an Electric Vehicle if gasoline prices are too high.

It's easy for a "Coastal Elite" from Team Blue to snub their nose at people who live at the Southern Border who are watching rapists, felons, drug dealers, Cartel members, child molesters, and yes, even some nefarious types on Terror Watch Lists breach through hidden with all the rest, and yes, most being unvaccinated.

It's easy to talk about all of this as "isolated cases that should be sent to HR" when this is a very broad complex issue. Parents are hurting out there. They are angry for a lot of reasons about how their kids are being educated and what is happening all around their schools.

Is it not possible to "teach Conservatism"?

Here's a lesson for you - YOU CAN ONLY PUSH PEOPLE SO FAR UNTIL THEY STOP BENDING AND THEY EITHER CHOOSE TO BREAK OR THEY CHOOSE TO FIGHT. MANY PARENTS ARE CHOOSING TO FIGHT. THEY LOVE THEIR CHILDREN TOO DAMN MUCH AND WILL NOT ROLL OVER AND DIE.

"It's Easy To Say Because It's Not Your Kid"

Scott and Jessica Smith had their 9th grade daughter raped in a bathroom in Loudoun County. For what? So some future Team Blue political candidate down the road can have some fruits of the new feeder system votes showing up for them at the booth? It's easy to say 'So What' and 'Send It To HR', when it's not your kid in that bathroom.

Casual dismissal is not going to work here. This is a huge issue. How many people here suffer and toil and eat their pride and sacrifice and bleed for the pure love of their children and the hopes of giving them opportunity, safety and a future? And this about what happens to America for generations to come. Not just an issue for current politics but a critical juncture for all parents and for our entire Republic.

Is this the staggering price some of you want to pay to dogmatically defend your political tribe?

How do you know it’s the teacher?  Kids in the same class talk and spread #### all the time.  This simply could be something (starting with 1 kid) that spread like wildfire and the teacher is leveraging it. Or maybe the teacher just a liar.  Or maybe those 4th graders have no real clue what LGBTQ+ is (hell I don’t know what half those are). The point it’s you (or anyone here) has no clue, it’s all speculation.  

How do you know it’s the teacher?  Kids in the same class talk and spread #### all the time.  This simply could be something (starting with 1 kid) that spread like wildfire and the teacher is leveraging it. Or maybe the teacher just a liar.  Or maybe those 4th graders have no real clue what LGBTQ+ is (hell I don’t know what half those are). The point it’s you (or anyone here) has no clue, it’s all speculation.  

What's the common element?

Ugh.  Ok, never mind.  Apparently it's not possible to teach conservativism.
Sure it is, but is it an attractive school to someone who identifies as a liberal?  How about BYU?  Sure there are non-Mormon students, but you will learn the Mormon teachings.  

Getting back to the OP and original topic: The Doxxing of the owner of Libs of TiKTok

Why do people think a twitter feed like this is wrong? All it is is a reposting of content that was already posted by the original creators. Its not undercover video or footage obtained in secretive. This is content that the OP's felt was SM worthy and posted it themselves. Only here, it's a collection of content that may make a certain segment of the political or social ideology look unfavorable.

But feeds like that are no different then feeds that repost sports highlight or athlete injuries, people falling down or doing dumb things or any other user scraped content repositories. How is Libs of TT any different then the Occupy Democrats feed? Except thats its just another example of the left's viciousness under the guise of "whats right" b/c it makes them look bad. 

Getting back to the OP and original topic: The Doxxing of the owner of Libs of TiKTok

Why do people think a twitter feed like this is wrong? All it is is a reposting of content that was already posted by the original creators. Its not undercover video or footage obtained in secretive. This is content that the OP's felt was SM worthy and posted it themselves. It's just a collection of content that may make a certain segment of the political or social ideology look unfavorable.

But feeds like that are no different then feeds that repost sports highlight or athlete injuries, people falling down or doing dumb things or any other user scraped content repositories. How is Libs of TT any different then the Occupy Democrats feed? 
I think the comparison to pro athletes is instructive.  No matter what Mark Sanchez does with the rest of his life, he will always be remembered for one play, and we all know what that play is.  Now, as a fan of a rival team, I still smile when I think about that.  But TBH it's pretty darn unfair that a guy works that hard to reach the pinnacle of his occupation and this is what happens to him.  (See also Scott Norwood, who is famous for exactly one thing and one thing only).

But pro athletes sign on for that.  They know that their privacy goes out the window the moment their name is called by the commissioner.  The rest of their professional life will be played in a fishbowl.  Some of them will be remembered for their moments of glory.  Some will be remembered for moments of ignominy.  Many will be forgotten altogether.  But they're all well-compensated for being in the public eye and all that that entails.  

That's not the case with the people who show up on LoTT.  They're just regular, random people who made little videos that they thought were just going to be shared with like-minded friends and family, and instead their videos are picked up and rebroadcast to an extremely hostile audience.  I doubt any of these people ever seriously considered how unpleasant their lives would become if their video went viral.  Sure, they made the video and they put it out there.  Maybe that was kind of stupid and maybe they should have known better.  But the "punishment" for a momentary act of stupidity in the SM age is out of proportion to the offense here, and they don't have a multi-million dollar signing bonus to salve their wounds. 

Mainly, I look at these people on LoTT and just feel sorry for them.  They made a dumb mistake, and now they're being punished beyond any reasonable sense of proportion.  I would not want to have that done to me, even if I knew that I was the person most to blame.

I'll even agree that most of these folks have no business being employed as teachers.  But there's a compassionate way to handle those situations and a mean way.  LoTT is mean, and I'm generally going to opt against that approach.  To the degree that LoTT is raising a serious issue, it's an issue that can be handled by HR and doesn't need to be litigated in public on social media.   

I think the comparison to pro athletes is instructive.  No matter what Mark Sanchez does with the rest of his life, he will always be remembered for one play, and we all know what that play is.  Now, as a fan of a rival team, I still smile when I think about that.  But TBH it's pretty darn unfair that a guy works that hard to reach the pinnacle of his occupation and this is what happens to him.  (See also Scott Norwood, who is famous for exactly one thing and one thing only).

But pro athletes sign on for that.  They know that their privacy goes out the window the moment their name is called by the commissioner.  The rest of their professional life will be played in a fishbowl.  Some of them will be remembered for their moments of glory.  Some will be remembered for moments of ignominy.  Many will be forgotten altogether.  But they're all well-compensated for being in the public eye and all that that entails.  

That's not the case with the people who show up on LoTT.  They're just regular, random people who made little videos that they thought were just going to be shared with like-minded friends and family, and instead their videos are picked up and rebroadcast to an extremely hostile audience.  I doubt any of these people ever seriously considered how unpleasant their lives would become if their video went viral.  Sure, they made the video and they put it out there.  Maybe that was kind of stupid and maybe they should have known better.  But the "punishment" for a momentary act of stupidity in the SM age is out of proportion to the offense here, and they don't have a multi-million dollar signing bonus to salve their wounds. 

Mainly, I look at these people on LoTT and just feel sorry for them.  They made a dumb mistake, and now they're being punished beyond any reasonable sense of proportion.  I would not want to have that done to me, even if I knew that I was the person most to blame.

I'll even agree that most of these folks have no business being employed as teachers.  But there's a compassionate way to handle those situations and a mean way.  LoTT is mean, and I'm generally going to opt against that approach.  To the degree that LoTT is raising a serious issue, it's an issue that can be handled by HR and doesn't need to be litigated in public on social media.   
 I agree with most of your reply, but here is where I dont. 

everyone knows that as soon as you hit "post" it is out there...forever!! there is no "innocent post" anything can be viral and can can be found even years later and used against you (fairly or otherwise) years later. I teach my school aged kids this as do many of the parents I know. Employers and colleges are using SM posts in their hiring or acceptance decisions now. its 2022, like pro athletes, everyone should now know that their privacy goes out the window as soon as they hit "post" 

How many high profile incidents have we've seen where 10 year old posts have wrecked careers, but back then they were nobodies and it was "only meant for their like minded friends" 

that said, many of these posts LoTT are reposting are very braggadocios and confident in their stories about bucking the system or being a social warrior for their cause. 

To use the idea of unjustified punishment reminds me of a situation locally (I cant find the news no it though b/c it happened a few years ago) where there was a funeral for a fallen firefighter that fully closed the #1 main road across Long Island, the Long Island Expressway, for hours mid day on a weekend. A guy posted something on facebook that complained about why this was necessary, all the snarled traffic and how he is now late for work because of it. Sure enough, it went viral and he was raked over the coals for being such a "Self-centered ##### who was disrespecting a hero" Sure enough, his name was dragged through the media, people picketed on his lawn, he lost his job b/c of the mob and eventually had to move out state to escape the history of it. 

I would argue that is an example of a guy made a "dumb mistake" and was unfairly punished for it. Not these people who post looking for their slice of social acceptance only to have it blow up in their face. 

@IvanKaramazov

Innocent mistake smile activated https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1518213205159563264?s=20&t=FstFeCBHdQ1yhUZjF5FgCg

whoops, I accidentally hit my record and then post button while just innocently talking to my phone  https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1517203207356928000?s=20&t=FstFeCBHdQ1yhUZjF5FgCg

How dare you repost my innocent video no one was supposed to see  https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1501256889811668995?s=20&t=FstFeCBHdQ1yhUZjF5FgCg

I respect you and your content, but these cannot be confused with "whoopises" and LoTT is full of these. 

Thanks. But while the Senators are concerned about research there’s no discussion of curriculum, which seemed to be the point of your earlier post. And I’m still not sure what this has to do with CRT. 
I don’t have a lot of time right now.  You don’t think donors buy influence?  Do you think corporations donated money to CRT did it because they thought it was a great cause, or they just rode the woke train for optics?  How many companies changed culture just because of the optics.  Why wouldn’t schools do the same (they did, just look at Fat Guy’s post about the curriculum at Maryland).  

Rarely are donations made with nothing expected in return when it comes to the puppy mill named higher education.  Would you take a major donation from China, then knock their policies?  

@IvanKaramazov

Innocent mistake smile activated https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1518213205159563264?s=20&t=FstFeCBHdQ1yhUZjF5FgCg

whoops, I accidentally hit my record and then post button while just innocently talking to my phone  https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1517203207356928000?s=20&t=FstFeCBHdQ1yhUZjF5FgCg

How dare you repost my innocent video no one was supposed to see  https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1501256889811668995?s=20&t=FstFeCBHdQ1yhUZjF5FgCg

I respect you and your content, but these cannot be confused with "whoopises" and LoTT is full of these. 

I don't know much about Libs of TikTok but I thought most of it was the stuff like you posted here. Actual thoughtful video meant for the audience to consume. Not caught on a hot mic or something like that.

These types of videos don't seem like "mistakes". 

But even if they weren't meant for consumption, the world seems pretty well set that if an inappropriate conversation is recorded, it's out there, right?   

I don’t have a lot of time right now.  You don’t think donors buy influence?  Do you think corporations donated money to CRT did it because they thought it was a great cause, or they just rode the woke train for optics?  How many companies changed culture just because of the optics.  Why wouldn’t schools do the same (they did, just look at Fat Guy’s post about the curriculum at Maryland).  

Rarely are donations made with nothing expected in return when it comes to the puppy mill named higher education.  Would you take a major donation from China, then knock their policies?  
1. Let’s hope they do. I like CRT (most of it) and seeing it taught more at universities would be a great thing. And high schools. Not really age appropriate for primary schools IMO. 

2. Of course. Universities take donations all the time and then bash the folks giving them in classrooms. Why would this be any different? 

@IvanKaramazov

Fair enough, and I can see that I'm in the minority on this one so I'll let it go for the time being.  

To be clear though, I agree with you that these sorts of videos should rightly result in personnel actions against the people making them.  That's fine, and that's not what I'm objecting to.  I just think that internet pile-ons are over the top and tend to make us (the consumers of these videos) coarser for having binged on them.  I'm not arguing that this sort of thing should be consequence-free, just that there's a big difference in my view between simply terminating a bad employee vs. making a public spectacle out of firing a bad employee, if that makes sense.

I don't know much about Libs of TikTok but I thought most of it was the stuff like you posted here. Actual thoughtful video meant for the audience to consume. Not caught on a hot mic or something like that.

These types of videos don't seem like "mistakes". 

But even if they weren't meant for consumption, the world seems pretty well set that if an inappropriate conversation is recorded, it's out there, right?   

exactly, and I would argue that accounts like LoTT is important b/c of the way we consume SM normally. 

In reality, we live in SM silos. Our likes, the algorithms and sponsored content are tailored to supply us with topics we like to hear or align with. As fantasy football fans, our feeds will be full of that content and prob nothing about gardening or cooking. As a conservative, we would not be seeing day-today content by liberals. 

Therefore these types of posts could live in spheres we would never normally enter otherwise. Not to say this content is any more worth highlighting then any other content. But i'm sure liberals would appreciate content where say a hypothetical movement by a pro-bible group attempting to take over a school board. It wouldn't show up in their normal feed, but its no less important to their causes. 

Fair enough, and I can see that I'm in the minority on this one so I'll let it go for the time being.  

To be clear though, I agree with you that these sorts of videos should rightly result in personnel actions against the people making them.  That's fine, and that's not what I'm objecting to.  I just think that internet pile-ons are over the top and tend to make us (the consumers of these videos) coarser for having binged on them.  I'm not arguing that this sort of thing should be consequence-free, just that there's a big difference in my view between simply terminating a bad employee vs. making a public spectacle out of firing a bad employee, if that makes sense.
its all good...and to be fair, I agree that internet dog piling is a very wrong and dangerous issue. I am personally not advocating for anyone to get fired either.

But if you look at the post I just put up in reply to Joe, this is more about breaking down SM silos so that we can see what is being posted that normally wouldn't have made our algorithm driven feeds. 

I firmly believe that one of the biggest drivers to shaping the political divide that we have now is that SM is only showing us content we agree with and voices that are amplifying our "tribe."  And there are certain people and organizations who have taken advantage of this.  For good or bad we are not offered or served other ideas or opinions and that has really stamped out our ability to think freely and hold a respectful discussion. 

exactly, and I would argue that accounts like LoTT is important b/c of the way we consume SM normally. 

In reality, we live in SM silos. Our likes, the algorithms and sponsored content are tailored to supply us with topics we like to hear or align with. As fantasy football fans, our feeds will be full of that content and prob nothing about gardening or cooking. As a conservative, we would not be seeing day-today content by liberals. 

Therefore these types of posts could live in spheres we would never normally enter otherwise. Not to say this content is any more worth highlighting then any other content. But i'm sure liberals would appreciate content where say a hypothetical movement by a pro-bible group attempting to take over a school board. It wouldn't show up in their normal feed, but its no less important to their causes. 
I feel like we spent a massive amount of time debating this exact hypothetical twenty years ago.  I was firmly and consistently on the side that argued against prayer in schools, abstinence-only sex ed, creationism being taught alongside evolution, and stuff like that.  Part of what makes this topic frustrating for me is that it feels like 3/4 of the people who I thought were on "my side" were really just objecting the particulars of what kind of religious indoctrination they wanted schools to provide, and now they refuse to acknowledge it.  

For example, it's very difficult now for me not to look sideways at people who get mad about some random coach who wants to lead his players in a prayer.  Should that be happening in a public school?  I don't think so, but I don't think people on the left have any standing whatsoever to complain about this topic.  I was on their side, and I still kind of am, but I feel like those folks set the social compact on fire.  

Agreed. I think it's always good to have more knowledge of what is happening. 

It's what we talked about earlier on this. 

I also understand the point people make of "This has been going on for a while. You just didn't hear about it before because not everyone had a video camera in their pocket to record what happens." 

The collective expression allowed by people now with social media is also a huge factor. I'm a believer that social media hasn't as much changed behavior as it has exposed things already there. With much it being self inflicted.

That wild uncle has always been wild. But in years past, we only saw that wild stuff once a year at Thanksgiving dinner. Now wild uncle has a TikTok and the world gets to see what only a few people saw in years past. I'm not sure how but I think that factors into this as well.

We also have to consider how representative things are of a bigger group and factor that into the equation. 

On the breaking down silos @glvsav37 mentions, I think places like this board and social media are super helpful.

I have a lot of friends who live in a pretty secure bubble. They are often surprised by things on this forum. Mostly I think as they don't get a lot of other inputs. 

Seeing things we might not normally see helps that.

Exposing and putting light on things is a good thing I believe. 

On the breaking down silos @glvsav37 mentions, I think places like this board and social media are super helpful.

I have a lot of friends who live in a pretty secure bubble. They are often surprised by things on this forum. Mostly I think as they don't get a lot of other inputs. 

I wholeheartedly agree and why I continue to peruse and participate here on a semi-regular basis.  I have gained dozens of valuable perspectives through the years from these forums that I would never have come across in my normal circles.

A genuine thank you for your efforts to keep this in place and make it a valuable corner of the internet for many of us, @Joe Bryant. :thanks:

48 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Expand  
I wholeheartedly agree and why I continue to peruse and participate here on a semi-regular basis.  I have gained dozens of valuable perspectives through the years from these forums that I would never have come across in my normal circles.

A genuine thank you for your efforts to keep this in place and make it a valuable corner of the internet for many of us, @Joe Bryant. :thanks:
Agree 100% with all of this.  This is the only place I talk politics anymore, literally the only one, including real life.  And while this forum can be slanted and less “be cool” then Joe would like the perspectives that can be found here are fantastic.  The juice is worth the squeeze.   

1. Let’s hope they do. I like CRT (most of it) and seeing it taught more at universities would be a great thing. And high schools. Not really age appropriate for primary schools IMO. 

2. Of course. Universities take donations all the time and then bash the folks giving them in classrooms. Why would this be any different? 
Universities bashing China goes over as well as rhe NBA doing it.   

I watched a little bit of this video.  From what I've seen, it's teachers ranting and venting to the camera, not to students. 

Are you making the claim that a persons political ideology should prevent them from gainful employment? 

VIDEO: WOKE Teacher Gets FIRED From School After Coming Out As Trans To Fourth Graders Mar 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTlZXDbZfjk

VIDEO: Gender identity school assignment creates controversy Oct 28, 2021

A class assignment at an Olathe school about gender identity is sparking concern on both sides of the political spectrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iifg8u7vxTI

VIDEO: Mom Gives Epic Speech Exposing Teacher Trying To Secretly Teach 8 Yr Old's About Sexual Orientation Apr 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpcnF4ikO6Y

My viewpoints are very specific and I take great care in presenting my position. I am the most heavily sourced, most varied sourced and most contextual material referenced poster on the entire forum. I've posted more practical political discussion in the last 12 months than anyone has in the entire PSF's existence.  Trying to put words into my mouth will get you nowhere. It reeks of desperation. I suppose it is frustrating to many of you radical leftists here. You guys have run out things to game the Report Button on. Sealioning me doesn't work. Logical Fallacy bombing me doesn't work. Ad hominem doesn't work. Outright attacks don't work.

Well, I'll take my Conservative brother @BladeRunner at his word when he said that before I returned after years and years away, apparently many of the radical woke leftists here bemoaned that they didn't have a Conservative that they could debate with substance. Well for the last year and a half, anyone wanted a piece of me was welcome to step up and come get some. And how exactly did that work out?

Like the videos above, I am point out things that are indefensible. Plainly indefensible when we are talking about children and minors. Since you can't roll hard on that, you'll try to gun for me.

All I need to do is keep posting source material on the subject. These three new videos above raise some really ugly questions that those soaking in their own identity politics are going to have an impossible time to answer.

If you want to silence me, raise the the level of discussion. That's the only weapon here that is going to work.

......That's not the case with the people who show up on LoTT.  They're just regular, random people who made little videos that they thought were just going to be shared with like-minded friends and family, and instead their videos are picked up and rebroadcast to an extremely hostile audience.  I doubt any of these people ever seriously considered how unpleasant their lives would become if their video went viral.  Sure, they made the video and they put it out there.  Maybe that was kind of stupid and maybe they should have known better.  But the "punishment" for a momentary act of stupidity in the SM age is out of proportion to the offense here, and they don't have a multi-million dollar signing bonus to salve their wounds. 

Mainly, I look at these people on LoTT and just feel sorry for them.  They made a dumb mistake, and now they're being punished beyond any reasonable sense of proportion.  I would not want to have that done to me, even if I knew that I was the person most to blame.....

VIDEO: Sexually descriptive books under fire in Leander ISD Mar 3, 2021

Several books being read in student-led book clubs in Leander ISD high schools have been pulled from the shelves for a deeper review following continued parent protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ylVPH_zEQ

VIDEO: Grand Haven school board addresses concerns over sexually explicit books Feb 11, 2020

The Grand Haven School Board is clarifying its policy on sexually explicit books in school libraries after some parents expressed concern that some books in the libraries were not age appropriate. A few dozen people showed up to the board meeting Monday, Feb. 10. Most of them said there are some books in their child's school libraries that are inappropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiyAV8oGsg

VIDEO: Hudson school board responds after mayor calls for resignations due to controversial writing book Sep 16, 2021

Hudson's school board members say they won’t resign, but are investigating after the mayor called for the entire board to step down over a book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfldT9y3oQY

I focused this thread on people with careers/jobs that deal with positions of "public trust"

I did not post the tons and tons of material out there on Tik Tok people who are outside that sphere.

If you choose to be a police officer, a firefighter, a doctor, an airline pilot, and yes even a teacher/educator, then you are held to a different scrutiny and standard by the public. That's part of the trade off for the job those people chose to take on their own. No one stuck a gun to these people's heads and forced them to become teachers. No one stuck a gun to these people's heads and forced them to discuss their private sexual lives to a bunch of 3rd graders. No one stuck a gun to these people's heads and forced them to upload these videos into the public sphere.

When you say "out of proportion to the offense here", then I keep saying it over and over again - It's Easy To Say When It's Not Your Kid.

If you were a school administrator handling one of these situations, then you do you. But despite the activist complicit left leaning MSM suppressing these stories from major outlets like MSNBC and CNN, nothing can stop these stories from running at the local level.

The excuse that these are isolated incidents with a few isolated people won't fly anymore. If you want to take that stance and try to defend it, then you do you. And as you do it, I'll keep posting more source material related to this topic.

You cannot legislate and rationalize consequence when it comes to parents who see their children under immediate threat. These parents don't want these teachers/educators to regret the consequences, they want them to actually be accountable and regret their motives.

I feel like we spent a massive amount of time debating this exact hypothetical twenty years ago.  I was firmly and consistently on the side that argued against prayer in schools, abstinence-only sex ed, creationism being taught alongside evolution, and stuff like that.  Part of what makes this topic frustrating for me is that it feels like 3/4 of the people who I thought were on "my side" were really just objecting the particulars of what kind of religious indoctrination they wanted schools to provide, and now they refuse to acknowledge it.  

For example, it's very difficult now for me not to look sideways at people who get mad about some random coach who wants to lead his players in a prayer.  Should that be happening in a public school?  I don't think so, but I don't think people on the left have any standing whatsoever to complain about this topic.  I was on their side, and I still kind of am, but I feel like those folks set the social compact on fire.  
People are mad in the thread you linked?  It’s a discussion about a constitutional rights case before the Supreme Court in which two separate constitutional rights appear to be at odds (the coach’s right under the Free Exercise Clause, and limitations presented by the Establishment Clause).  And why do I or others in the thread not have standing to speak on the topic because of some position that you pin on “The Left” as if everyone you deem to place in that group holds precisely the same position across multiple topics?  I generally agree with the statements you’ve made in this thread (and have liked multiple of your posts), but as I’ve pointed out on a number of occasions, it irks me when people generalize the positions of a group of people and then make accusations of hypocrisy or inconsistency with respect to all of the members of that group. Just because someone other than me holds a position on a separate topic on which I’ve never opined that appears to be inconsistent with a position I now hold doesn’t make me a hypocrite or undermine my standing to hold that particular position.  And that works both ways.  When a board conservative takes a position on, say, personal responsibility or moral accountability, I don’t have a credible basis to assert that he lacks standing to hold that position or is otherwise a hypocrite because other people who are not him ignored personal responsibility or moral accountability in some other context.

Put another way, I find that it’s a lazy shortcut to categorize individuals as people who are on “a side” and then accuse them individually of hypocrisy based upon your generalizations about positions “their side’ as a collective purportedly hold. If you don’t think a person has standing to take a position on a topic, I would hope that you would base that conclusion on some prior position that person has taken.

People are mad in the thread you linked?  It’s a discussion about a constitutional rights case before the Supreme Court in which two separate constitutional rights appear to be at odds (the coach’s right under the Free Exercise Clause, and limitations presented by the Establishment Clause).  And why do I or others in the thread not have standing to speak on the topic because of some position that you pin on “The Left” as if everyone you deem to place in that group holds precisely the same position across multiple topics?  I generally agree with the statements you’ve made in this thread (and have liked multiple of your posts), but as I’ve pointed out on a number of occasions, it irks me when people generalize the positions of a group of people and then make accusations of hypocrisy or inconsistency with respect to all of the members of that group. Just because someone other than me holds a position on a separate topic on which I’ve never opined that appears to be inconsistent with a position I now hold doesn’t make me a hypocrite or undermine my standing to hold that particular position.  And that works both ways.  When a board conservative takes a position on, say, personal responsibility or moral accountability, I don’t have a credible basis to assert that he lacks standing to hold that position or is otherwise a hypocrite because other people who are not him ignored personal responsibility or moral accountability in some other context.

Put another way, I find that it’s a lazy shortcut to categorize individuals as people who are on “a side” and then accuse them individually of hypocrisy based upon your generalizations about positions “their side’ as a collective purportedly hold. If you don’t think a person has standing to take a position on a topic, I would hope that you would base that conclusion on some prior position that person has taken.
The left wouldn't be allowed to like any of Ivan's posts. Therefore you aren't in the group. 

Mostly kidding, but kind of serious. 

The left wouldn't be allowed to like any of Ivan's posts. Therefore you aren't in the group. 

Mostly kidding, but kind of serious. 
LOL.  In some ways, I feel like the way I think @Joe Bryant has described his situation - my conservative friends think I’m liberal and my liberal friends think I’m conservative.

LOL.  In some ways, I feel like the way I think @Joe Bryant has described his situation - my conservative friends think I’m liberal and my liberal friends think I’m conservative.
Fwiw, I trust your insights more than anyone in this forum, so please don’t ever be shy about sharing your instincts. 👍

I've become very cynical of believing anything posted online. Especially anything that is meant to outrage me. For example I am highly cynical about any videos showing public confrontations where we are suppose to be outraged at one party. The videos are often selectively edited (ie. skip the start where the protagonist is acting like an idiot as well), out of context or simply staged. I'm sure a good amount of these videos are legit, but too many have proven to be misleading for me to trust any of them. Anyway this story just shows why these types of accounts should be ignored imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread