What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Orton to start week 15 (1 Viewer)

I'm definitely bumping Bowe with Orton starting. You gotta think he's gonna target Bowe all day and the Packers have gave up a ton of passing TD's. I'm starting him over Steve Smith and Dez Bryant.

Fact is Orton seems to know where his bread's buttered and goes to his guy repeatedly. I'm starting Bowe on the back of this news.

I'm definitely bumping Bowe with Orton starting. You gotta think he's gonna target Bowe all day and the Packers have gave up a ton of passing TD's. I'm starting him over Steve Smith and Dez Bryant.
wow--that's a dare. I picked up Bowe the day Orton went to KC; dropped him the play Orton went down. Dunno about playing him over Dez this week.

wow--that's a dare. I picked up Bowe the day Orton went to KC; dropped him the play Orton went down. Dunno about playing him over Dez this week.
This is just my opinion but last week with a healthy Austin in the lineup Bryant only got 2 targets the whole game. Bryant has to complete with Austin, Robinson (who Romo loves), and Witten for targets and he also has to compete with Felix for touches. In Dwayne Bowe's case, as of right now, he's probably their best offensive player and dropped a TD last week that would've made his point total look better. The Chiefs coaching change combined with the QB change and the fact that the Packers have almost given up 30 passing TD's this season makes me want to lean toward Bowe this week. The Chiefs are gonna be behind the whole game so I wouldn't be surprised to see 35-40 passes from Orton this Sunday. Crennel stated this morning that Orton may have some problems taking snaps from center since his finger is damaged and may have to go to the shotgun exclusively.

def bumb bowe. I'm still not expecting a score but he will have at least a dozen targets. Orton locked on Marshall in Denvber and Bowe has a similiar skill set. I'm pretty happy about this change. THank you Crennell.

This is just my opinion but last week with a healthy Austin in the lineup Bryant only got 2 targets the whole game. Bryant has to complete with Austin, Robinson (who Romo loves), and Witten for targets and he also has to compete with Felix for touches. In Dwayne Bowe's case, as of right now, he's probably their best offensive player and dropped a TD last week that would've made his point total look better. The Chiefs coaching change combined with the QB change and the fact that the Packers have almost given up 30 passing TD's this season makes me want to lean toward Bowe this week. The Chiefs are gonna be behind the whole game so I wouldn't be surprised to see 35-40 passes from Orton this Sunday. Crennel stated this morning that Orton may have some problems taking snaps from center since his finger is damaged and may have to go to the shotgun exclusively.
If we're sure he's playing....Sold. I saw that with Dez last week; it was just lucky for me that his one reception was a long td. Gotta tough matchup this week and he's the loose end imo.

He's practicing so I am thinking he is playing. IF he for some reason inactive, just have a backup option ready to go.

How is Bowe on your waiver wire?

He's practicing so I am thinking he is playing. IF he for some reason inactive, just have a backup option ready to go.
Of course--Dez is the natural backup option, though I've been playing with the idea of Moss this week at Giants. Funny thing is that we've got IR slots and I could pick up Bowe without losing anyone....but would then put DMC -finally- on IR. The way Oakland lists their injuries I've kept him as dead weight on my roster the entire time. At this point there's only this week and next, and I've got Bush, and dammitall anyway. :wall: Really agonizing over it this week going against Arian Foster, MJD and Marshawn Lynch--but on paper it's a really balanced matchup overall.

Of course--Dez is the natural backup option, though I've been playing with the idea of Moss this week at Giants. Funny thing is that we've got IR slots and I could pick up Bowe without losing anyone....but would then put DMC -finally- on IR. The way Oakland lists their injuries I've kept him as dead weight on my roster the entire time. At this point there's only this week and next, and I've got Bush, and dammitall anyway. :wall: Really agonizing over it this week going against Arian Foster, MJD and Marshawn Lynch--but on paper it's a really balanced matchup overall.
Dez is always a good bet to score, so he isn't a bad fallback option. As for DMC, I don't want to tell you how to handle your lineup, but my personal opinion is that we wont see him again this year. If you're in the playoffs and it sounds like you are, you may need his active spot.

Bump for news from Friday practice. Sounded like they would be able to announce for sure after today if he will be the starter.

he was already announced the starter. the only thing in limbo was his health and he's had 3 full practices in a row. he's 100% starting at this point unless he has a set back.

Wearing a glove on the throwing hand stinks.

Stafford wore a glove and looked bad BUT his finger injury was worse and he played the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread