What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KROB suspended one year (1 Viewer)

menobrown

Footballguy
Just reported Koren Robinson has been suspended for one year per Adam Shefter.

He is also saying at least one deal got done today and they are completing the paperwork with details to come later.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprises here. I was shocked he was allowed to play as much as he did for the Packers before all this came down.

I guess this means I won't get to work the joke I read on this site a few weeks ago to Donald Driver. I can't recall who posted it but someone said if Korn ever starts alongside Driver than the starting WR's for the Pack would be Donald Driver and Drunken Driver.

I live in a suburb of Dallas were Donald Drive makes his off season home and his kids go to daycare with my kid. I saw him last week during the bye and so wanted to work this joke in but just could not bring myself to do it and now I guess I won't have the chance.

So who's the number 3 in GB now?
Ruvell Martin & that's IT!They don't have ANY other WR's on the roster right now. I mean none, zip, zero & nada!

Porbably promote a practice squad WR & maybe try to sign some schlep off the street.

Charles Rogers maybe?

Ruvell Martin & that's IT!They don't have ANY other WR's on the roster right now. I mean none, zip, zero & nada!

Porbably promote a practice squad WR & maybe try to sign some schlep off the street.

Charles Rogers maybe?
That's bad. Grabbing Chuck might be a good idea. Didn't David Boston get cut too? They ARE desperate.
Bucs cut Boston awhile back, so yes, he's available too.

Charles Rogers maybe?
That's bad. Grabbing Chuck might be a good idea. Didn't David Boston get cut too? They ARE desperate.
I know he looked ok in the pre-season too.

It's a copycat league. Maybe the Packers have decided not to add WRs and will instead be like the Bears and let their awesome defense win games for them. :unsure:

Since the Pack knew this was coming and they also knew Ferguson was probably done for the year it sure is puzzling that they did not use their bye week to sign a WR or two and work them in.

Since the Pack knew this was coming and they also knew Ferguson was probably done for the year it sure is puzzling that they did not use their bye week to sign a WR or two and work them in.
Maybe figurehead Ted Thompson couldn't reach real GM Brett Favre during the bye for approval on making any player moves.

I wonder if they wish they could get a do over for the way the Walker situation was handled?
Big Score, you're a Packers fan, yes? I poked fun at Thompson above, but what do you honestly think of him? Both generally and with respect to this WR situation they are in? Two competent WRs on the roster now. They KNEW Krob would be suspended when they signed him. They KNEW Ferguson was hurt, and before that thet knew he WOULD get hurt. Driver is aging, Jennings a rookie. They've done so little that makes sense other than draft Jennings. Of all the people to add, why KRob, knowing he'd be gone after a few games? Thompson just doesn't seem to have any sense of vision.

I wonder if they wish they could get a do over for the way the Walker situation was handled?
Big Score, you're a Packers fan, yes? I poked fun at Thompson above, but what do you honestly think of him? Both generally and with respect to this WR situation they are in? Two competent WRs on the roster now. They KNEW Krob would be suspended when they signed him. They KNEW Ferguson was hurt, and before that thet knew he WOULD get hurt. Driver is aging, Jennings a rookie. They've done so little that makes sense other than draft Jennings. Of all the people to add, why KRob, knowing he'd be gone after a few games? Thompson just doesn't seem to have any sense of vision.
I follow the Pack fairly closely as I've invested in quite a few of their players over the years & have a soft spot for Favre from getting to shoot the chit with him here in Atlanta when I was a bartender at a bar a lot of the Falcons used to hang out at, back when Favre was still a Falcon. Favre really is a great guy & a lot of fun, or at least he was back then. But as far as your question goes, I think there's far more qualified posters then me, to give you an unbiased & more knowledgeavle answer.

Charles Rogers maybe?
I dont believe TT wants to win this year. I also dont think TT wants Favre back next year so he is doing everything he can to frustrate and force him out.

Boston might be a possibility. Rogers I believe has a 4 game suspension looming, so he might be a guy TT goes after.
Both those guys were mentioned a few posts back (didn't know about the Rogers suspension...any idea what it's for?). Can you think of any other likely candidates rackowski?

I follow the Pack fairly closely as I've invested in quite a few of their players over the years & have a soft spot for Favre from getting to shoot the chit with him here in Atlanta when I was a bartender at a bar a lot of the Falcons used to hang out at, back when Favre was still a Falcon. Favre really is a great guy & a lot of fun, or at least he was back then. But as far as your question goes, I think there's far more qualified posters then me, to give you an unbiased & more knowledgeavle answer.
OK, thanks buddy. My own perspective if very limited since I don't follow the team or Thompson very closely, and it might not be fair for me to make an evaluation based on what just seems to be him asleep at the wheel concerning their WR depth right now.

You have good point about KRob, but Driver is only age 31. I think he has a few good years left in him. He's younger than the likes of Keyshawn, Rod Smith and Troy Brown by a few years.

You have good point about KRob, but Driver is only age 31. I think he has a few good years left in him. He's younger than the likes of Keyshawn, Rod Smith and Troy Brown by a few years.
Hi SickThing,I guess my point in mentioniing Driver is that he is 31, and at 190 lbs gets knocked around and dinged up at times. My knock isn't on him at all, but on the seeming lack of concern for having reliable backups behind him. They gave Gardner a quick look and let him go. The invested time in Robinson and he's now gone. Ferguson has always been a walking injury. So, here they are now with just two starters plus someone named Ruvell Martin who even know their system. Plus, it's no picnic getting used to Favre's rocket passes. They are damn lucky Driver has been able to return from his injury as fast as he has, and are in real trouble if he goes down again.Someone mentioned Rogers and Boston. Scottie Vines was just released today by Detroit. I'm not sure who else is out there, but given those choices I'd grab Boston. He showed in the last preseason game he can still catch ther ball, and Rogers just brings baggage, a lack of work ethic, and apparently another suspension of his own should he sign with someone.Such a shame that, with Favre's time remaining so limited, it would be the WR depth they would let slip.

Boston might be a possibility. Rogers I believe has a 4 game suspension looming, so he might be a guy TT goes after.
Both those guys were mentioned a few posts back (didn't know about the Rogers suspension...any idea what it's for?). Can you think of any other likely candidates rackowski?
Ted Thompson seems to love Taco Wallace. I bet he comes in for a tryout. Carlton Brewster. The kid that was just cut in Baltimore - cant draw his name. Isnt Corey Bradford available?I am not positive on Rogers but I thought he had a 4 game suspension coming that kind of slipped through the cracks for smoking weed.

I am not positive on Rogers but I thought he had a 4 game suspension coming that kind of slipped through the cracks for smoking weed.
I think that's right. I read that too but don't remember where. If someone wants to know for sure they'll need to research it. Rogers isn't important enought to me to go find a link.

I still believe Ruvell Martin is good and if given a chance you guys will think so too. He was James Lofton's pet project and......Did you see him in NFLE? high yardage and TD every game.But that's gotta translate to the NFL level right? Well he looked real good in NFL preseasonThe guy put the work in, he produced on the lower levels, he's earned the chance. For the summer, Favre threw to him almost as much as Jennings and Driver like 22, 24, and 20 targets each. If results could speak, Favre chose the 3 WR Thompson's going with. They had several WRs in camp including Boerighter and Gardner and some guy that did pretty well in NFLE this past spring. McCarthy cut them. That's not Thompson's fault. He brought in Koren, now guys here want Charles Rogers. Boerighter, Gardner, Koren, Rogers...cmon already, how many retreads are the pack supposed to sign? Very good young WRs are at a premium(as you know) and they take a few years to develop. Why trade for a rook when you can draft one next year? He could draft the one he wants rather than trade for the best of what's available.He can sign one of the practice squad or off another team's PS. That seems to be his choices:retread or PS.The team has 5 WRs 3 active 2 PS(according to post above) If McCarthy wants more than 3, they're there. Not Thompson's decision to make the active roster.

I poked fun at Thompson above, but what do you honestly think of him? Both generally and with respect to this WR situation they are in? Two competent WRs on the roster now. They KNEW Krob would be suspended when they signed him. They KNEW Ferguson was hurt, and before that thet knew he WOULD get hurt. Driver is aging, Jennings a rookie. They've done so little that makes sense other than draft Jennings. Of all the people to add, why KRob, knowing he'd be gone after a few games? Thompson just doesn't seem to have any sense of vision.
Thompson doesn't talk much, but he has stated that he wants to build from the draft. He's cleaned out many of Sherman's players already, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more go. He did sign some FAs to help fill some holes, but with being so far under the cap he would have been butchered if he didn't spend it. Green Bay is the youngest team in the NFL, and I don't believe Thompson let that happen by any mistake. I don't see him changing from his philosophy of building through the draft and being very active on draft day anytime soon either. It will take some time to get this team back to being a plyoff contender, and it will cause some frustrating years, but I do like how he seems to be managing the cap which is something Sherman never understood.I viewed the whole KRob signing as a quick fix, see if it works out, kind of deal. His contract was friendly to the team and won't cause any cap problems down the road. Thompson was also in Seattle when they drafted him so there is a conection there. Because Thompson doesn't talk much, it's hard to get a feel for what he was thinking or what his reasoning was in signing KRob. I'm hoping he didn't think KRob would beat the charges and not get suspended.Ferguson is scheduled to make $1.8M next year and $2.2M in 2008. Sherman extended him to a deal he is far from being worth, and I honestly believe his days are numbered. Fergy's latest injury may be all Thompson needs to cut him this off season.Ruvell Martin is not a household name, but I have been impressed by what I have read, heard and seen of him during camp. He'll definitely get his chance now, but I'm far from feeling comfortable about this WR situation.They have to bring someone in, and I'd imagine we'll be hearing something real soon. Maybe Thompson's plan is to forgo the WR position and get Calvin Johnson in next years draft. If it is, I'd say he's well in line for that early pick to grab him.

Darkhorse replacement - Will Blackman.
I wouldn't rule out the posibility, although he might be just as needed in the defensive backfield.I'm just hoping he doesn't have any more setbacks. I love this guy's potential and as a 4th round pick he could end up being another huge steal for Green Bay.

I'm not sure I see it being handled in any other way than how it was. It was ugly, and only got unglier after Walker tore his ACL. If you pay him in 2005, you set yourself up for other players to follow suit and it makes your management look weak for caving in right away. By 2006, too much had been said and too much had happened to heal any wounds on either side. I was hoping Green Bay could get more for Walker, but with the 5 picks they ended up getting, along with indirectly getting Jennings from it, it's far from a total loss.I don't wish any fan of any team to have to go through a situation like that and take a side. You have a player with sky potential that you want to remain with the team, and then you have a new GM, taking over for a team that needs some major direction, who get challenged into a tough situation. It basically ####### sucks, and how do you win in a situation like this, keeping the player and not losing any control of the team? I'm not sure you can. You make the best of what you have, what you can get, and move on.How it was handled is one thing, but as far as it happening is a whole different story. And I know there are plenty who wish it never did.

you're welcome
Bri, you definitely showed your face in Ruvell discussions this off season, and I love the optomism you share. You were one of the reasons for me to take a closer look at him, and I did like what I heard and saw. :thumbup:

you're welcome
Bri, you definitely showed your face in Ruvell discussions this off season, and I love the optomism you share. You were one of the reasons for me to take a closer look at him, and I did like what I heard and saw. :thumbup:
Good glad to hear itI had the pleasure of emailing him (mostly)while he was out of football so it's possible I'm not being partial. While in NFLE his kid was born and he barely got to see his kid. Camp started and off he went real quick. He told SD active roster only no PS due to his wife and kid and wanting to see them(not a "line in the sand" ego thing but a well intentioned decision the Chargers respected him for). They released him and he went home turning down invites to other teams. He said wait for 06 and the Pack talked him into signing last December so that they locked him up for 06. Anyhow, the whole thing about turning down your dream job to be with your family peeked my interest and he just seems like such a good guy I enjoyed hearing his stories and exchanging emails.

Ted Thompson seems to love Taco Wallace. I bet he comes in for a tryout. Carlton Brewster. The kid that was just cut in Baltimore - cant draw his name. Isnt Corey Bradford available?I am not positive on Rogers but I thought he had a 4 game suspension coming that kind of slipped through the cracks for smoking weed.
Carlton Brewster it is. I love the Packers but I hate them right now.

Packers Sign WR Francies From Practice Squad, Re-Sign WR Brewster

posted 10/18/2006

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.

In addition Wednesday, the club re-signed wide receiver Carlton Brewster to take Francies' place on the practice squad.

Francies, a 6-foot-1, 193-pound rookie out of Texas-El Paso, originally signed with the team as a non-drafted free agent this past May and spent the season's first six weeks on the practice squad. His last name is pronounced "FRAN-sis."

Francies will now wear No. 83 and Brewster has been assigned No. 19.

Packers Sign WR Francies From Practice Squad, Re-Sign WR Brewsterposted 10/18/2006The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.In addition Wednesday, the club re-signed wide receiver Carlton Brewster to take Francies' place on the practice squad.Francies, a 6-foot-1, 193-pound rookie out of Texas-El Paso, originally signed with the team as a non-drafted free agent this past May and spent the season's first six weeks on the practice squad. His last name is pronounced "FRAN-sis."Francies will now wear No. 83 and Brewster has been assigned No. 19.
Good, helps Ruvell's place on the team then without a vet coming in.

If I may chime in on Thompson. He has not neglected the WR position. He drafted a WR two years in a row in the second round. And frankly, Terrence Murphy was showing some real potential before his career ended abruptly with an injury.

This year, he drafted Jennings in the second round. That appears to be working out.

That's two first day wide receivers in two years. No one saw Murphy's injury coming, so you can't fault Thompson there.

Robinson seemed more like a let's see what happens signing than one designed to pay immediate dividends. I actually think Thompson knew in the back of his mind Robinson was going to be suspended, but both Robinson and his agent have said they will come back to Green Bay after his suspension is up.

If Robinson does indeed return after his suspsension, you're looking pretty solid with Driver, Jennings with a year of experience, and Robinson. And they'll likely add another WR in the 07 draft.

In any case, just wanted to point out that Thompson has addressed this position, but the Murphy injury did hurt their depth.

poorly written openning, rookie not filling Koren's shoes but just his roster spot nonetheless

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=520693

"He has versatility, he has size, knowledge of our system," McCarthy said. "He's able to play all three positions. I think he's a guy who has done well in red-zone type situations and gives you a potential favorable match-up in that area."

Users who are viewing this thread