What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelley, Mathews & Rawls (1 Viewer)

BlueDredSo

Footballguy
1/2 PPR, Best Ball. Very short bench (can have 3 and only 3 RB's). So of your 3 RB's 2 of them count each week. Who'd you rather have ROS? My other 2 RB's are Ware and Martin.

Leaning Kelley as #1 but having a hard time deciding between Mathews and Rawls. Matters a lot because there is 1 guy ahead of me in waiver priority that is likely to pick up a RB, so if he wants Kelley then Rawls or Mathews is mine. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you're trying to be a smartass, but I spelled it correctly - MATHEWS - and only mentioned RBs in my original post. Clearly I mean Ryan Mathews

I would go Rawls. They just cut Michaels :o

I am a Mathews owner and he is the most frustratingly annoying player of all time... :P

You mentioned short bench and Best Ball format but how many RB's count in the lineup and who are your other two RB's?  This is important because Kelley isn't flashy and will just get you a decent floor but very little ceiling where Mathews has a low floor and higher ceiling and Rawls probably has the highest ceiling but who knows how he will be used.

My choice really depends on the make up of your roster and what is needed.  Best ball is a format that makes boom/bust guys a lot more valuable but if you already have those then a higher floor like Kelley might be the play here.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be a smartass, but I spelled it correctly - MATHEWS - and only mentioned RBs in my original post. Clearly I mean Ryan Mathews
I don't think anyone has ever regretted not drafting or picking up Ryan Mathews. He is the epitome of disappointment. No reason to be a #### about it. 

Sorry, I thought you were being a #### by mentioning the WRs and avoiding the obvious RB I'm talking about. My bad if that was an honest question. Anyway, moving on...

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned short bench and Best Ball format but how many RB's count in the lineup and who are your other two RB's?  This is important because Kelley isn't flashy and will just get you a decent floor but very little ceiling where Mathews has a low floor and higher ceiling and Rawls probably has the highest ceiling but who knows how he will be used.

My choice really depends on the make up of your roster and what is needed.  Best ball is a format that makes boom/bust guys a lot more valuable but if you already have those then a higher floor like Kelley might be the play here.
My other 2 guys are Ware (stud) and Martin (boom/bust to potential stud). I agree that the boom/bust guys are more valuable than the high floor/low ceiling guys. Should I really value Rawls over Kelley? I think Kelley is capable of having big games. We all know Rawls is, but there are still ?'s about how he'll be utilized ROS and the emergence of Prosise. It looks like they're really trying to get Kelley 20 carries/game. I think we're done talking about Mathews.

My other 2 guys are Ware (stud) and Martin (boom/bust to potential stud). I agree that the boom/bust guys are more valuable than the high floor/low ceiling guys. Should I really value Rawls over Kelley? I think Kelley is capable of having big games. We all know Rawls is, but there are still ?'s about how he'll be utilized ROS and the emergence of Prosise. It looks like they're really trying to get Kelley 20 carries/game. I think we're done talking about Mathews.
With Ware and Martin I think having a guy you know is going to get touches is a nice insurance policy for Martin.  I would still be weary about his hammie so I would go with Kelley under these circumstances.  This gives you a nice insurance policy of stable touches.  Rawls is a nice option but until you know his utilization he would be tough to trust and the risk with Martin pushes me to avoid risk for this 3rd spot.  Kelley is my choice.

Thanks. I agree and think Kelley is 1st choice. Hopefully I get him. Rawls isn't a terrible consolation prize.

Users who are viewing this thread