What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Blackmon Suspended Indefinitely (2 Viewers)

Now that everyone has gotten their venting out and let us all know how this impacts their fantasy team... Let's talk about moving forward

Obviously Cecil Shorts gets a boost in value. Then who?

I realize we are talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars, not the Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, or New Orleans Saints. Obviously fantasy value is low, but in PPR leagues there could be a good fill in flex there

Mike Brown? He's averaged 6.3 targets per game over the last 3 games with 4 catches / 70 yards. In PPR leagues that's not a bad stat line- one could do worse for a bye week plug in. Plus he scored once in those 3 weeks.

I was going to be stuck starting a not playing Harvin in short bench league on bye week hell. Looks like a roster spot just opened up :bowtie:

Now that everyone has gotten their venting out and let us all know how this impacts their fantasy team... Let's talk about moving forward

I realize we are talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars, not the Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, or New Orleans Saints. Obviously fantasy value is low, but in PPR leagues there could be a good fill in flex there

Mike Brown? He's averaged 6.3 targets per game over the last 3 games with 4 catches / 70 yards. In PPR leagues that's not a bad stat line- one could do worse for a bye week plug in. Plus he scored once in those 3 weeks.
Probably the Punter

Have Blackmon and Gordon in a dynasty league.

I knew they both had issues but usually guys figure it out. Thought I had a good tandem for years to come. Now I am worried about Gordon next.

This guy had been impressive as the WR3 on a terrible roster...I think he could be even more than one week plug in, honestly. He had 120 yards receiving the week before he got his score (vs. SD) and then 50 yards the week before that (week 6 vs. Denver).

This guy had been impressive as the WR3 on a terrible roster...I think he could be even more than one week plug in, honestly. He had 120 yards receiving the week before he got his score (vs. SD) and then 50 yards the week before that (week 6 vs. Denver).
Ace Sanders was getting some attention during the first four games as well.

Not sure I'd want any of them down the stretch in a redraft. Up coming schedule pass defenses rank: 7, 22, 1, 6, 1.

I'd take the 4th or 5th WR on some other teams before taking a starter on the Jags.

Ace Sanders was getting some attention during the first four games as well.
Good call. I was wondering about this; why did he fall out of favor? Mike Brown seems to be getting even more attention than Sanders was in Weeks 1-4.

So glad the Rams didn't take this jackwagon 2 years ago. Most people thought the Rams should have stayed at #2 and take him. The Rams have made their share of mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.
Uh... Isn't this the same Rans team where Jeff Fischer slammed his glasses on the table when Jacksonville took Blackmon just ahead of him? You guys dodged a bullet - wasn't a conscious decision to avoid.

Kid's got a big problem.

I'm actually impressed with how bad the Jags are.
They are on pace to have the worst point differential in the NFL. Currently at -178.

• Worst Point Differential, Season, −287
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 1976
  • Worst Point Differential, 16-game Season, -274
Baltimore Colts: 1981[12]
The 76 Bucs were the worst, worse than the 81 Colts.

But the most amazing thing about those Bucs is they scored only 125 points in 76 and 105 points in 77. The 77 team was shut out 6 times, they scored 7, 3 or 0 points 10 times, they scored 10 or fewer 11 times. The Jags can never be that bad.

You should also realize that we are talking about Justin Blackmon's suspension. If you would like to move forward, go create a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure I'd want any of them down the stretch in a redraft. Up coming schedule pass defenses rank: 7, 22, 1, 6, 1.

I'd take the 4th or 5th WR on some other teams before taking a starter on the Jags.
You wouldn't want a WR on a team that's going to be throwing constantly playing from behind?

Even if he gets 5/50, that's 10 points in PPR. People could do worse, and based off the last 3 weeks I'd say 5/50 is the floor

You should also realize that we are talking about Justin Blackmon's suspension. Go move forward in the Cecil Shorts thread.
Not to pick a fight here, but Blackmon owners are justifiably concerned as to how to move forward and who gets a boost in value. I think that is directly tied in to Blackmon's suspension. Shorts is naturally another option since he plays on the same team, but this poster was also asking about another WR on the Jaguars, Mike Brown.

What is his poison? Is he an alcoholic, weed, aderal seems to be popular these days....
Nah, "Adderal" is just code for "The NFL is legally prohibited from revealing details about which substance I got nailed for, so I'm going with the one that sounds the least bad."

You should also realize that we are talking about Justin Blackmon's suspension. Go move forward in the Cecil Shorts thread.
No, people are complaining about how they are screwed individually. Or how they just traded for him, or didn't trade him away.

There's a thread for that too

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=689018

VaTerp said:
You have got to be FN kidding me.

Just traded away Shorts in large part, because I have Blackmon.

Funny thing is, before accepting the trade, I had this thought that maybe Blackmon was suspended or something and did a quick check. Guess I was a day too early. F Me!

:wall:
damn bro my condolences.. I own him in 3/9 and was pretty devastated to wake up and read that just out of the blue. What did he do fail another piss test. How is he randomly done for violating. What is he doing that the other 500 criminals aren't? the league is full of dope addicts and steroid users and this guy keeps getting targeted for some reason... Just sucks big one.

Crabtree, Maclin, Bradshaw, Burleson, Julio, Martin, Graham, and now Blackmon. Just an amazing string of bad luck for one of my dynasty teams...

VaTerp said:
You have got to be FN kidding me.

Just traded away Shorts in large part, because I have Blackmon.

Funny thing is, before accepting the trade, I had this thought that maybe Blackmon was suspended or something and did a quick check. Guess I was a day too early. F Me!

:wall:
damn bro my condolences.. I own him in 3/9 and was pretty devastated to wake up and read that just out of the blue. What did he do fail another piss test. How is he randomly done for violating. What is he doing that the other 500 criminals aren't? the league is full of dope addicts and steroid users and this guy keeps getting targeted for some reason... Just sucks big one.
Targeted? Yes, I'm sure poor Justin is being picked on.

So who's back first, Hernandez, Titus or Blackmon?
Blackmon, because Hernandez is done forever and Titus isn't talented enough for anyone to put up with his shenanigans. Blackmon is, if he gets clean and sober and reinstated.

Blackmon, because Hernandez is done forever and Titus isn't talented enough for anyone to put up with his shenanigans. Blackmon is, if he gets clean and sober and reinstated.
The answer is obviously Blackmon - he has enough talent that he'll be playing the very first week he is reinstated...

Watch the Patriots take him for the league minimum and hit a HR

The more I think about it - the more I am certain that it's not alcohol, unless it's another DUI. It's not on the banned substance list. I doubt they can legally enforce a 0 drop policy for something that's not on the list. They can't supersede their agreement with the NFPA, by amending individual contracts. It's not in the agreement, based on my skimming it.

The more I think about it - the more I am certain that it's not alcohol, unless it's another DUI. It's not on the banned substance list. I doubt they can legally enforce a 0 drop policy for something that's not on the list. They can't supersede their agreement with the NFPA, by amending individual contracts. It's not in the agreement, based on my skimming it.
Agreed. And if it was a DUI, we'd have heard about it.

So it's probably something else.

ouch

Citing a source who has seen the contract, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars can cut the wide receiver without owing him any more money.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165607/article/justin-blackmon-takes-financial-hit-after-suspension
Ouch indeed.Here's a question:

My understanding is this suspension comes at the hand of the jaguars, not the league? If so, if he's cut can he start immediately if picked up by another team? Seems like conflicting reports: suspended by the team but must apply to the nfl for reinstatement? Unless this is something the team does to avoid further punishment from the league for not taking action themselves?

ouch

Citing a source who has seen the contract, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars can cut the wide receiver without owing him any more money.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165607/article/justin-blackmon-takes-financial-hit-after-suspension

My understanding is this suspension comes at the hand of the jaguars, not the league? If so, if he's cut can he start immediately if picked up by another team? Seems like conflicting reports: suspended by the team but must apply to the nfl for reinstatement? Unless this is something the team does to avoid further punishment from the league for not taking action themselves?
No. It's the league.

ouch

No. It's the league.
Ty

The answer is obviously Blackmon - he has enough talent that he'll be playing the very first week he is reinstated...

Watch the Patriots take him for the league minimum and hit a HR
Imagine how good this ####### could be 100% committed.

it was also reported that blackmon was thought to be in a stage where he would have expected to get a year...

and the eight games may be the result of some behind the scenes maneuvering and compromise...

it was probably on PFT, haven't tried to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread