What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Blackmon Suspended Indefinitely (1 Viewer)

He had a bad ### pl;ayoff schedule. I can't believe I decided to trade away Gordon instead of Blackmon yesterday for a RB

Is he safe to drop? or are you guys still holding out hope?

Man the Jags suck, they are the laughing stock of the entire NFL!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

<========== Bucs :homer:

Unfortunately, it probably means he has a real addiction problem and making all the money in the world would not change the dependency on it. I'm sure he's probably not the brightest bulb in the pack, so helping himself is even more of a challenge too.

Can we get a separate "justin blackmons impact on my fantasy team" thread so that I can take the time to read all those posts?

Thanks

what in the effffffffffffff

Gordon and Blackmon were both my WR3

I had to decide which WR to trade in order to get a RB... I traded Gordon yesterday

Now I only have Garcon and Antonio Brown

wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
No one cares!

Trying to buy cheap in all dynasties, especially rebuilds. Could be worth it if he enters a program and is playing again in the next 8-24 months.

He had a bad ### pl;ayoff schedule. I can't believe I decided to trade away Gordon instead of Blackmon yesterday for a RB

Is he safe to drop? or are you guys still holding out hope?
No one still cares!
Well I just made a trade which left me relying on Blackmon as my flex. And now I'm super pissed and feel compelled to start my Friday night drinking early.

I post because you care...

Last edited by a moderator:
What is his poison? Is he an alcoholic, weed, aderal seems to be popular these days....

So glad the Rams didn't take this jackwagon 2 years ago. Most people thought the Rams should have stayed at #2 and take him. The Rams have made their share of mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.

Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, suspended WR Justin Blackmon will be eligible to apply for reinstatement for the start of the 2014 season.

Glazer reports "those close to Blackmon" are trying to get him help and to a rehab facility. The Jaguars' organization was informed of Blackmon's latest ban on Friday afternoon. The specifics of Blackmon's violation have yet to be revealed, but he is done for the 2013 season and is now a repeat offender of the league's substance abuse policy. The Jags could easily throw in the towel on Blackmon, although talent usually comes first for NFL team decision makers.

Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, suspended WR Justin Blackmon will be eligible to apply for reinstatement for the start of the 2014 season.

Glazer reports "those close to Blackmon" are trying to get him help and to a rehab facility. The Jaguars' organization was informed of Blackmon's latest ban on Friday afternoon. The specifics of Blackmon's violation have yet to be revealed, but he is done for the 2013 season and is now a repeat offender of the league's substance abuse policy. The Jags could easily throw in the towel on Blackmon, although talent usually comes first for NFL team decision makers.
They've got a big decision - $2M salary plus a $1.7M roster bonus due in March.

wonder if he knew 2 weeks ago, there was a big drop in his stats starting week 7?

So I'm confused, its the 3rd stike that we know of and hes eligible to come back at the beginning of the 2014 season... thats not a yr

Trying to buy cheap in all dynasties, especially rebuilds. Could be worth it if he enters a program and is playing again in the next 8-24 months.
you can pair him w/ Hernandez
He's not a murderer, and he's not a veteran thug like Tanard Jackson.

He's a young kid with a problem, both with addiction and self control/responsibility.

He's 23. His agent will hook him up with a sweet rehab program, he'll apply for reinstatement, and it will eventually be granted. Even if he doesn't play till 2015, it could be a smart buy-dirt-cheap.

Other than Hernandez, every single other opportunity to buy low on a player, especially a stud, because of injury or suspension has been the right move in the last few years.

I'm not saying to give up something super valuable for him, or sacrifice your chances at a championship for him. But take a swing.

So glad the Rams didn't take this jackwagon 2 years ago. Most people thought the Rams should have stayed at #2 and take him. The Rams have made their share of mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.
Same goes for the Browns. Thankfully we took Richardson.

Wait. :mellow:

“No, I would say I don’t,” Blackmon said, via the Jaguars website. “Out of this whole thing one of the main things I would say that I had a problem with was just making a poor decision, making a selfish decision at that and not thinking about the long-term of it and just thinking about at the time. If you want to ask if I have a problem? I have a problem with making a poor decision.”
Gee, ya think?

Ouch. One incident can be written off as a fluke, but there's a strong pattern here. The guy must have a serious substance abuse problem.

“No, I would say I don’t,” Blackmon said, via the Jaguars website. “Out of this whole thing one of the main things I would say that I had a problem with was just making a poor decision, making a selfish decision at that and not thinking about the long-term of it and just thinking about at the time. If you want to ask if I have a problem? I have a problem with making a poor decision.”
Gee, ya think?
No, Justin, you just have bad luck. You know, with thinking.

He's a young kid with a problem, both with addiction and self control/responsibility.

He's 23. His agent will hook him up with a sweet rehab program, he'll apply for reinstatement, and it will eventually be granted. Even if he doesn't play till 2015, it could be a smart buy-dirt-cheap.

Other than Hernandez, every single other opportunity to buy low on a player, especially a stud, because of injury or suspension has been the right move in the last few years.

I'm not saying to give up something super valuable for him, or sacrifice your chances at a championship for him. But take a swing.
I hope he can turn it around, I have my doubts since hes already blown so much money due to these violations that it seems nothing is going to get him on the right track. You got the space and paitence then its not a bad idea to get him and hope for the best.

I hope he can turn it around, I have my doubts since hes already blown so much money due to these violations that it seems nothing is going to get him on the right track. You got the space and paitence then its not a bad idea to get him and hope for the best.
Yeah, it's a lottery ticket type situation. And that's if his owners don't have the same idea with just holding him. But some will just want whatever value they can get.

Anybody know if he's droppable yet in redraft? The teams statement makes it sound like he's done and this won't be dragged out with appeals.

Gee, ya think?
No, Justin, you have two problems: with making a poor decision to drink and not knowing that's the same as having a drinking problem.

Anybody know if he's droppable yet in redraft? The teams statement makes it sound like he's done and this won't be dragged out with appeals.
Team wouldn't even acknowledge it if he hadn't already lost any potential appeals. He's done for the year.

Yeah, it's a lottery ticket type situation. And that's if his owners don't have the same idea with just holding him. But some will just want whatever value they can get.
sounds like giving up a lottery ticket to get a lottery ticket to me

I'm about 90% resigned to this fact; that he is droppable in redraft leagues. I'm waiting out one last hope in the next hour or two, to hear something about an appeal, but I have heard NOTHING mentioned regarding that.

sounds like giving up a lottery ticket to get a lottery ticket to me
That depends entirely on what you're giving up.

They've got a big decision - $2M salary plus a $1.7M roster bonus due in March.
i was thinking the same thing...

maybe it depends on the state of his rehab, but not sure he is a lock to be back...

or what percentage to assign of the liklihood he is back?

Gee, ya think?
No, Justin, you have two problems: with making a poor decision to drink and not knowing that's the same as having a drinking problem.
Right. He's basically denying the drinking problem by saying it's not that he's an alcoholic, it's that he makes bad decisions. Like the QB from Notre Dame last year who was kicked off the team for "Bad judgement on a test related issue." Rather than saying, "I cheated on a test."

What the hell is wrong with the world? Nobody takes accountability...

amnesiac said:
at this point you've already traded him prior to today or you accepted the risk that this was going to happen.

no point in #####ing about it.
yeah okay, hindsight warrior.

amnesiac said:
at this point you've already traded him prior to today or you accepted the risk that this was going to happen.

no point in #####ing about it.
yeah okay, hindsight warrior.
That's not a hindsight warrior. The guy was suspended for the first 4 games. Having this guy on your roster implies some inherent risk that this might happen. If you had him, you had to see this as a possibility. I have him. Knew it was a possibility, but didn't try to trade him because he has sick skills. I also have Shorts in the same league, so for me it is probably a gain.

Users who are viewing this thread