What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacoby Jones vs Oak (1 Viewer)

tsarc888

Footballguy
If AJ misses a game(s) this season, I thought Jacoby Jones would be a nice start given his talent and the offense. However, if AJ is out this week, is Jacoby worth a try? Definitely don't like him going against N. Asomugha (sp?)

not sure why he'd be a good start if he's being covered by the black hole.
My guess (just a guess) is that Scrabble would cover Walter, since he's been more productive than JJ.
Looks like he may not be shadowing anyone in particular according to beat writer Jerry McDonald:http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010...ill-a-long-one/

– Given the number of weapons the Texans have at their disposal, and the fact that Andre Johnson hasn’t practiced this week with a high ankle sprain, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha isn’t likely to shadow Houston’s top receiver the way he did Larry Fitzgerald.

“Nnamdi’s not the focal point of this game,’’ defensive coordinator John Marshall said. “If we don’t give an outstanding team effort, so what if 80 catches one ball and you lose the game. That’s not the focus.’’

Johnson was listed as not having practiced, although Cable said he went through individual drills. Houston coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson is a game-time decision, Cable declared him ready to play _ which is the only sensible way to look at it.

“He very much will play. There’s no doubt in our minds,’’ Cable said. “ We don’t even look at it that way. If we did, it really wouldn’t change anything. It may free up a couple of guys to maybe get more involved in some things. He’s going to play so there’s no thought of that.’’

Asked what makes Johnson special, Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt said, “ I think it’s just the animal in him. He’s fast. He’s strong. He’s big. He’s physical. He’s not afraid to go across the middle. He has everything you’d want in a receiver. Everything.

I don't know a whole lot about Oakland, other than that Asomugha is the least targeted CB in the NFL, but I feel like Jones may be more productive with Johnson in because Oakland will have Asomugha on Johnson the whole game, and Schaub will be forced to look at Jones and Walter more. Maybe I'm oversimplifying this, and maybe I'm being ignorant of a another factor, but I'm going with my gut and starting JJ this week.

Week 1, Asomugha was primarily on Britt, and not on Washington for the TD.

Week 2, Asomugha covered Robinson and was not on Clayton for either of his TDs.

Week 3, Asomugha was on Fitzy most of the game, but on Fitzy's TD, Asomugha shadowed him when Fitzy dropped to the slot, but then he dropped back in short zone and Fitzy ran an in and curl and sat down in the zone at the GL.

IIRC, w/o a top threat, Asomugha will line up on the left side, and IIRC again, Jones is more likely to line up on the left side if AJ is out.

Either way, i'm going with my gut and not starting AJ.

Users who are viewing this thread