What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there a correct side for the husband/wife? (1 Viewer)

Is there a correct side?

• Yes - husband on the right/wife on the left

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Yes - wife on the right/husband on the left

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Randomized - mix it up each night because we’re freaks

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters

Otis

Footballguy
For lots of things in life there is a rule for who takes which side. A stupid example for us lawyers is the plaintiff in a civil case always gets the side of the courtroom closest to the jury box. 

Is there a correct side of the bed for husband and wife?  Does it apply for things like which side you should be assigned in bathrooms that have a double sink/vanity?  Any other similar assignment rules for married couples?

TIA, prolly won’t answer yours 

No. 

Since I always get up to piss in the middle of the night I always sleep on the side closest to where the bathroom is whether we are at home, or at a hotel or friend/family visiting.  

I sleep closer to the door(on the right), because my wife used to be worried about break-ins, and we just got used to it. At my in-laws house, that means I sleep away from the door, though.
:goodposting:

In the early days it was decided by my wife wanting me closer to the door. She did not appreciate me asking "what happens if they break in through the bedroom window?" After years of the door being in a specific spot, I always must sleep on the right and robbers obviously do not matter any longer - i.e. my wife can't sleep on the right apparently. Doesn't really matter to me.

Doesn't matter to me but she feels more comfortable when I'm closest to the door, especially in a hotel, so I can stop an intruder. 

Clearly, I’m not husbanding correctly. I will start sleeping with one eye open, in a constant state of readiness for the ne’er-do-well about to come through the door. I’d rely on my dogs, but they’d murder their own puppies for some bacon.

And the correct side is the one your wife doesn’t take. 

For clarity, are the left/right from the perspective of me standing at the footer of the bed looking at the header, or sitting in bed with my back to the header and looking at the footer? Surprised a lawyer would be so sloppy in his description...

:goodposting:

In the early days it was decided by my wife wanting me closer to the door. She did not appreciate me asking "what happens if they break in through the bedroom window?" After years of the door being in a specific spot, I always must sleep on the right and robbers obviously do not matter any longer - i.e. my wife can't sleep on the right apparently. Doesn't really matter to me.
We swapped sides temporarily for a bit early on in our marriage, and though I can’t remember for sure why we did, I think it had something to do with my herniated disc at the time.

ETA: I’m left-handed, wife is right-handed, but I am also mostly deaf in my right ear, so I chose to sleep on the side where I could hear her more easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife assigned me the left side at the beginning.  I didn't care as long as she let me touch her lady parts from time to time.

For clarity, are the left/right from the perspective of me standing at the footer of the bed looking at the header, or sitting in bed with my back to the header and looking at the footer? Surprised a lawyer would be so sloppy in his description...
Would it affect your answer?

port side

This intruder stuff is awfully weird.

I always choose the side closer to the bathroom.   :bag:  
Agree it's weird to even consider the prospects of an intruder. 

But it's even more odd to change from left to right based on loo proximity. Be it battery or bowel movement, pick a side and live with the consequences!

We swapped sides temporarily for a bit early on in our marriage, and though I can’t remember for sure why we did, I think it had something to do with my herniated disc at the time.

ETA: I’m left-handed, wife is right-handed, but I am also mostly deaf in my right ear, so I chose to sleep on the side where I could hear her more easily.
God gives you this gift and you waste it.

I've always been on the right, if you're standing at the bottom of the bed.  In our old house this was closer to the door and farther from the bathroom.  In our current house I'm now closer to the door and the bathroom.  

Also, I sleep on the same side in hotels alone also.  Have to.  We also keep the same sides when we travel together.  Habits I guess.  

To be clear, not sure this was ever my decision either.  It just worked out this way and we're too old to change now.  

Obviously, it's when you are lying down looking up at the ceiling. Or looking towards the floor if you sleep on your stomach.  It's all very clear.

For lots of things in life there is a rule for who takes which side. A stupid example for us lawyers is the plaintiff in a civil case always gets the side of the courtroom closest to the jury box. 

Is there a correct side of the bed for husband and wife?  Does it apply for things like which side you should be assigned in bathrooms that have a double sink/vanity?  Any other similar assignment rules for married couples?

TIA, prolly won’t answer yours 

The wife should be on the side of the house where the kitchen is located.  HTH.

AAABatteries said:
God gives you this gift and you waste it.
There are times when I gladly turn over and sleep on my good ear, though that’s usually if she’s watching something on TV that I don’t like. I also sometimes worry about losing my hearing entirely, so I try to make the most of what I do have.

Not that I can think of. I always have had the right side with my wife but, oddly, we never even discussed it. 

Thinking back on my prior cohabitating relationships I think I was usually on the right side but don't ever recall ever discussing it with any of them. Oddly, we just sort of figured it out one of the first few nights together. 

One of the first things I was taught in basic training was "Rank on the right". So General Mrs Simsarge sleeps on the right. Which happens to be closest to the door. If Charlie Manson makes it past the attack dog, trip flares, claymore boobytraps, and cobra filled punji stick pits then he'll have to deal with her and her Lucille baseball bat while I slide out the escape chute. 

Wife is closest to the door because if I get killed first what chance does the rest of the family have?  She needs to buy enough time for me to get my bearings and grab the nearest weapon.  

Serious answer is wife is always on the left, has been forever.  Not exactly sure why.  Doesn't matter to me I can fall asleep at the dinning room table.

Users who are viewing this thread