What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I have 4 ideas for movies. Do any of them sound decent? (1 Viewer)

Which movie ideas do you like? (Vote for as many as you want)

• Movie 1 (Psychics convinced devil is trying to take over man)

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Movie 2 (Lions Loose in Los Angeles)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Movie 3 (Arf Lee Bailey wins the case)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Movie 4 (Mysterious stranger is kidnapping pirate)

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • They all stink

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

Willie Neslon

Footballguy
I have 4 ideas for movies and I'm wondering if you guy think any of them sound good?

Movie 1 - Three friends go to New Orleans on vacation. After a night on the town they see a psychic shop and decide to go in. The psychic tells them she uses a machine that does sonar-like readings to see if they have spirits "attached" to them. She can rid them of these spirits and it will improve their lives in all areas. The first 2 guys have a few minor spirits that she "clears away" but the third guy has a massive demon-like spirit attached to him. She consults with another psychic and they determine that this spirit is the devil himself trying to take over this guy's body. If the devil succeeds it would cause world-wide chaos and could spell the end of humanity. The psychics go to the authorities to let them know what they have found and tell them that the only way to save the world from the devil would be to kill this guy. The authorities think the psychics are nuts and brush them off so the psychics take it upon themselves to try to kill the guy before the devil can take over his body. The guy also thinks the psychics are crazy and goes on the run but as he's trying to elude them he discovers signs that make him think that the devil is actually trying to take over his body which he eventually does.

Movie 2 - A company plans to open a lion sanctuary in the middle of Los Angeles but while transporting the lions they escape and go on the loose in the city, terrorizing residents. The lions don't actually attack anyone, they are just curious about things they come across in the city. They do a bunch of LA things like surfing, shopping in Beverly Hills and go to many of the city's landmarks.They disrupt a ceremony where an actor is putting his hand prints in cement and they end up putting their paws in cement. Eventually they make their way up to a mansion and end up having a huge pool party. Nothing really happens, it's just a silly/campy movie.

Movie 3 - It's a courtroom drama where a man is on trial for murder. The only witness of the crime was a dog. The district attorney's office has been training a canine unit to extract information from dogs who have seen crimes occur and this is that canine unit 's first case. 3/4's of the way into the movie the witness dog comes into court and goes on the witness stand. The canine attorney then questions the dog to the utter confusion of everyone in the courtroom. They're barking back and forth and at times howling, Nobody knows what's going on but eventually it somehow becomes clear to the jury that the dog saw the defendant commit the murder and he is convicted. After the case there is a party in the D.A.'s office celebrating the win. The D.A. has a special toy gift the for the dog attorney but they can't find him. They look all over the office and finally find him in a closet humping the witness dog. Credits.

Movie 4 - A mysterious man shows up in a bar in a coastal Maine town. He tells the locals his wife recently passed away and that he's looking to move somewhere on the coast and retire. The locals befriend him but they have a number of odd/scary encounters with him. He just shows up at places and it begins to scare a few of them. One of the old guys in town notices a strange boat in the harbor that looks like an old pirate ship. After a closer inspection he sees some scary old hag looking out the window. The man sees an insignia on the boat and decides to research it. In the library he sees this insignia was on a boat from 1924 where a pirate kidnapped two twin girls in that same town. Then he finds evidence of an identical kidnapping in 1824. The old man is convinced that the mysterious stranger is some kind of supernatural pirate who kidnaps twins every 100 years. He's right.

Are we talking a short feature, like 20-30 minutes long? Or a full length feature? May impact my answer here.

Movie 5. "Clean Up On Aisle 7". An unsuspecting handsome man goes grocery shopping, encountering a sexy check out clerk who demands on opening his package and inspecting his eggs. Finding that some of the items are indeed subpar, they return to the dairy aisle to improve his situation, exploring some of the other products on offer, and expanding the scope of the inspection. The clerk realizes she can't handle this customer alone, so she engages her friend Lydia from bakery to bring her buns over and assist. Realizing the hungry shopper can't thrive on dairy alone, they make their way to the produce section...

Are we talking a short feature, like 20-30 minutes long? Or a full length feature? May impact my answer here.
Full length. I was trying to be brief with the synopsis's so there's stuff I left out in each one.
Ok. I was thinking story 3 had potential, but needed a B story. Like the dog attorney is romantically attracted to a cat attorney. The trial causes their lives intertwine, and then a cat is called to the stand who testifies that it was the dog that did it. Then the jury must decide: do they believe the dog who testified against the defendant, or the cat who might have a vendetta against the dog? And what will happen to the budding attorney romance?

(ETA: Of course, it turns out the cat was just being an *******.)

Last edited:
I could go for number 3
Yes, the one about the courtroom dogs. Could be titled "Bark Twice For Murder".
“Beg for Justice”
I actually have the titles for the other 3 movies but not this one. I had thought of "Lone Witness" but it's kind of boring. Is there a clever word to stick in there that has to do with dogs?
Just tag lines:

“Man’s worst friend”

I could go for number 3
Yes, the one about the courtroom dogs. Could be titled "Bark Twice For Murder".
“Beg for Justice”
I actually have the titles for the other 3 movies but not this one. I had thought of "Lone Witness" but it's kind of boring. Is there a clever word to stick in there that has to do with dogs?
Just tag lines:

“Man’s worst friend”
“This dog works Pro Bone-O”

All could be great or suck, depending on the characters, dialogue, and relatable situations.
Just start on one with that in mind. Once you get those going, you can likely transfer to any of the others

Movie 4 - A mysterious man shows up in a bar in a coastal Maine town. He tells the locals his wife recently passed away and that he's looking to move somewhere on the coast and retire. The locals befriend him but they have a number of odd/scary encounters with him. He just shows up at places and it begins to scare a few of them. One of the old guys in town notices a strange boat in the harbor that looks like an old pirate ship. After a closer inspection he sees some scary old hag looking out the window. The man sees an insignia on the boat and decides to research it. In the library he sees this insignia was on a boat from 1924 where a pirate kidnapped two twin girls in that same town. Then he finds evidence of an identical kidnapping in 1824. The old man is convinced that the mysterious stranger is some kind of supernatural pirate who kidnaps twins every 100 years. He's right.

Winner but make sure the pirate is an expert at cornhole.

Users who are viewing this thread