What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indy Colts.....road to failure.... (4 Viewers)

This deserves a bump. This game is showing you exactly how inept the organization is. You draft Dorsett with so many holes and your arch rival is beating you with Amendola and Edelman catching balls all over the field.

Yaknow... as I read the report about the Colts pursuing Gruden and Son of Archie Manning as GM/HC, it finally dawns on me that the problem isn't Grigson or Pagano or the o-line or any of that stuff....

...it's the Irsays. The old man TRADES the Los Angeles franchise for the Baltimore franchise (okkaaayyyyy....) and then in the dead of night he moves the team from Baltimore to Indianapolis because he screwed up his own negotiations and wrecks a once proud franchise. Followed by crackhead son who dreams up wild-hair, crazyass ideas in the middle of the night and then implements them in real life or tries to.

Problem is the Irsays, kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaknow... as I read the report about the Colts pursuing Gruden and Son of Archie Manning as GM/HC, it finally dawns on me that the problem isn't Grigson or Pagano or the o-line or any of that stuff....

...it's the Irsays. The old man TRADES the Los Angeles franchise for the Baltimore franchise (okkaaayyyyy....) and then in the dead of night he moves the team from Baltimore to Indianapolis because he screwed up his own negotiations and wrecks a once proud franchise. Followed by crackhead son who dreams up wild-hair, crazyass ideas in the middle of the night and then implements them in real life or tries to.

Problem is the Irsays, kids.
I actually thought at one time Jim Irsay was nothing like his father and ran a pretty good ship.  He had the foresight to hire Bill Polian and to a lesser degree Tony Dungy. But I do agree that he has gone downhill the last decade and most of it is due to his substance abuse IMO.

I actually thought at one time Jim Irsay was nothing like his father and ran a pretty good ship.  He had the foresight to hire Bill Polian and to a lesser degree Tony Dungy. But I do agree that he has gone downhill the last decade and most of it is due to his substance abuse IMO.
This is father like son - Colts have an ownership problem. Polian's hiring reminds me of when the Saints hired Jim Finks years ago... it turned the culture around. The only way the Colts get back is if they bring someone like that back in, so yeah Grigson but.... that just gets back to ownership. Maybe Irsay has deteriorated mentally or personally but if so that is the problem, the GM situation is just a symptom.

This is father like son - Colts have an ownership problem. Polian's hiring reminds me of when the Saints hired Jim Finks years ago... it turned the culture around. The only way the Colts get back is if they bring someone like that back in, so yeah Grigson but.... that just gets back to ownership. Maybe Irsay has deteriorated mentally or personally but if so that is the problem, the GM situation is just a symptom.
I agree Irsay is the problem, but at one time he was considered a good owner.  That is a fact.  I believe he has let his personal life drag himself down to what we have today.

Irsay's making the decisions.

The best thing could happen is he hires someone else to make the decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread