What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If we redrafted RBs right now (1 Viewer)

theprince

Footballguy
My List:

1. Rice

2. AP

3. McCoy

4. DMC

5. Foster

6. Charles

7. CJ2K

8. MJD

9. Mendenhall

10. Forte

Not many changes, but Rice claims top spot, DMC way up, Foster, Charles down. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are assuming a list in which all players are remaining healthy, the top 3 will be rice, foster, ap

We are only assuming what we know now, which in Foster's case is that he is gimpy. Not saying he won't be 100% at some point, but the idea is that you are drafting today, knowing what you know now.

why would dmc jump up to 4? the guy is clearly a stud but the reason his adp was late 1st is cuz hes injury prone. that hasnt changed after one game. hes a stud and we already knew that

We are only assuming what we know now, which in Foster's case is that he is gimpy. Not saying he won't be 100% at some point, but the idea is that you are drafting today, knowing what you know now.
Knowing what I know now, Id still draft top 3, in that order. rice, foster, ap.Foster is not gimpy, or he wouldn't be suiting up. That doesn't mean the injury cant re-aggrivate, just that the team took the wise route which should bode well for his chances to play healthy. As for cutting carbs, no idea why he wouldve done that, as an athlete carbs are absolutely vital. I have no idea of the effects on muscle, or if it helped to cause the hamstring issue... But good to see he's brought them back into his diet. It will definitely have a positive effect... unless he carbs it like jamarcus russell did.

why would dmc jump up to 4? the guy is clearly a stud but the reason his adp was late 1st is cuz hes injury prone. that hasnt changed after one game. hes a stud and we already knew that
DMC went as high as 6 in many FBG drafts, so 4 is not a giant leap. I think DMC fell in drafts for two reasons: Injury risk is certainly one. But I think the bigger reason was that people were doubting if he could duplicate his success on an Oakland squad that many predicted would be bad again. He moves up for me after watching the way he ran the ball week one (albeit against a questionable DEN defense). He showed power and skill that deserves a top five ranking.

RiceADPForteFosterMcCoyCJCharlesBushMJDSteven J
No Mendy? even in ppr he cathces 25+ passes a year...and Turner caught a few passes last week to show he is more involved iin the passing game.Those are 2 guys who should be in top 10 of any format.but my list is....RiceMcCoyADPFosterCJMendyForteTurnerReggieHillis

No Mendy? even in ppr he cathces 25+ passes a year...and Turner caught a few passes last week to show he is more involved iin the passing game.Those are 2 guys who should be in top 10 of any format.but my list is....RiceMcCoyADPFosterCJMendyForteTurnerReggieHillis
Mendy is probably 11 or 12 for me. I have no faith in that OL.

I wouldn't change anything after one week.
I understand trying to avoid an over-reaction. On the other hand, if you wait too long to adjust your "board" based on what you see, sometimes you really do miss the boat.For example, if folks said last year that Foster was just fluky in week #1, and passed an opportunity to get him, they were sorry by year's end.Same with McFadden last year, strong out of the gate, and MANY discounted it. But he turned into a monster.Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, and Forte too to a lesser degree degree (they were a little higher to begin with).Point is, you would have been VERY justified to move all of those guys significantly up your board based on the their 2010 week one performance.Conversely, the writing was on the wall for Thomas Jones in week one if you chose to accept it. Guy went from 1400/14 to 896/6. You could have guessed Barber was done in Dallas after week one. Ryan Mathews faltered out of the gate and that was a pretty good indicator of how the season would go_Of course, I am cherry picking a bit. If you put Best on the top of your board based on one week, it could have spelled a little trouble. On the other hand, you might have been able to avoid that one just based on the fact that his points came from TDs and not actual rushing/receiving performance.All in all, while I don't throw my initial rankings out of the window after week one, I certainly pay attention and am not opposed to making a few adjustments.

I understand trying to avoid an over-reaction. On the other hand, if you wait too long to adjust your "board" based on what you see, sometimes you really do miss the boat.For example, if folks said last year that Foster was just fluky in week #1, and passed an opportunity to get him, they were sorry by year's end.Same with McFadden last year, strong out of the gate, and MANY discounted it. But he turned into a monster.Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, and Forte too to a lesser degree degree (they were a little higher to begin with).Point is, you would have been VERY justified to move all of those guys significantly up your board based on the their 2010 week one performance.Conversely, the writing was on the wall for Thomas Jones in week one if you chose to accept it. Guy went from 1400/14 to 896/6. You could have guessed Barber was done in Dallas after week one. Ryan Mathews faltered out of the gate and that was a pretty good indicator of how the season would go_Of course, I am cherry picking a bit. If you put Best on the top of your board based on one week, it could have spelled a little trouble. On the other hand, you might have been able to avoid that one just based on the fact that his points came from TDs and not actual rushing/receiving performance.All in all, while I don't throw my initial rankings out of the window after week one, I certainly pay attention and am not opposed to making a few adjustments.
:goodposting:

but nothing that happened week one was really too crazy or surprising. guys didnt emerge in week 1 like last yr

Anyone who doesn't have DMC in the top 5 - you are rediculous.

After Ray Rice, there's no single player I'd rather have on my team in a PPR. Period.

Not only is he an absolute stud, but he's one of the only studs that has a stud handcuff that can take over in case he gets hurt.

DMC in the first, Michael Bush in the 7th. Championship.

Anyone who doesn't have DMC in the top 5 - you are rediculous.After Ray Rice, there's no single player I'd rather have on my team in a PPR. Period.Not only is he an absolute stud, but he's one of the only studs that has a stud handcuff that can take over in case he gets hurt.DMC in the first, Michael Bush in the 7th. Championship.
Arian Foster/Ben Tate?

So you guys are all pushing Foster down still ? Huge mistake IMO. You said if we drafted right now...well if we drafted right now I would take Foster #2 only behind Rice because he is going to play this week.

My list doesn't change much at all from my preseason list Rice #1 then still #1, Foster #2

Turner should nto be anywhere near a top 10 PPR list are you kidding me ? 1 game folks it was 1 game.Umm Reggie Bush ? Again 1 game folks dude looked great but I am not taking him in the top 10.

My List:1. Rice2. AP3. McCoy4. DMC5. Foster6. Charles7. CJ2K8. MJD9. Mendenhall10. ForteNot many changes, but Rice claims top spot, DMC way up, Foster, Charles down. Thoughts?
I had him rated 7th coming into the year in PPR and nothing has changed.People way over-react to 1 game. CJ and Charles didn't light it up but I take them still over DMC and I for sure take Foster over him.The top 6 are still the top 6 in any order you want to order them Rice, Foster, Peterson, McCoy, Charles, Chris Johnson.MJD was never in my top 10 this year and still won't be that guy is scary to own right now want no part of him.

Turner should nto be anywhere near a top 10 PPR list are you kidding me ? 1 game folks it was 1 game.Umm Reggie Bush ? Again 1 game folks dude looked great but I am not taking him in the top 10.
1371 yards and 12 TDs last year is top 10 in any league, and I see no reason why he should not do the same.Especially after a game he just ran for 100 and 40 rec yards.Again, thats top 10 in any league...but funny you say bush should not be top 10 and he is a PPR beast.Do you lose lots of matches in all your leagues?

You ever heard of the word called "injury" ? If Bush stays healthy for all 16 games and plays like he did Monday night he finishs in the top 10 but I am not paying a 2nd round price for a that guy when he could easily miss 1/2 his games.

Top 10 RB means a 1st or 2nd round pick and who here is taking Reggie Bush in the 2nd round ? Raise your hand please. Not me. I will take safer options thank you.

You ever heard of the word called "injury" ? If Bush stays healthy for all 16 games and plays like he did Monday night he finishs in the top 10 but I am not paying a 2nd round price for a that guy when he could easily miss 1/2 his games.Top 10 RB means a 1st or 2nd round pick and who here is taking Reggie Bush in the 2nd round ? Raise your hand please. Not me. I will take safer options thank you.
In a ppr, after seeing how he is used...you bet your but he might be a first 3 round pick...and I seen a few drafts where some of the top ten runners fell past round 2. C'mon man, your talking as if you have not been playing long. Well you will learn in time. lol

My List:1. Rice2. AP3. McCoy4. DMC5. Foster6. Charles7. CJ2K8. MJD9. Mendenhall10. ForteNot many changes, but Rice claims top spot, DMC way up, Foster, Charles down. Thoughts?
Charles and Foster both shouldnt be ahead of MJD.CJ Foster and Charles should be 7-8-9 respectivelyForte should be 6th and Mende 10th, especially in ppr.

'Holy Schneikes said:
'drater said:
I understand trying to avoid an over-reaction. On the other hand, if you wait too long to adjust your "board" based on what you see, sometimes you really do miss the boat.For example, if folks said last year that Foster was just fluky in week #1, and passed an opportunity to get him, they were sorry by year's end.Same with McFadden last year, strong out of the gate, and MANY discounted it. But he turned into a monster.Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, and Forte too to a lesser degree degree (they were a little higher to begin with).Point is, you would have been VERY justified to move all of those guys significantly up your board based on the their 2010 week one performance.
Sure, but the shark move was to already be high on all those players. All of them but Foster went mid first to early second round in my good leagues, moving them up further wouldn't accomplish much, you only get one chance to draft that caliber of player unless you're drafting late in a snake.
Conversely, the writing was on the wall for Thomas Jones in week one if you chose to accept it. Guy went from 1400/14 to 896/6. You could have guessed Barber was done in Dallas after week one. Ryan Mathews faltered out of the gate and that was a pretty good indicator of how the season would go.
This is the more important thread subject, IMO. Who is clearly worth selling off the first good game they have. DWill? Shonne Green? Law Firm? Too early to make this call but certainly if they repeat it week 2, the writing could be on the wall, and potentially too late to do anything about it.
Of course, I am cherry picking a bit. If you put Best on the top of your board based on one week, it could have spelled a little trouble. On the other hand, you might have been able to avoid that one just based on the fact that his points came from TDs and not actual rushing/receiving performance.
Agreed, then the week 2 performance that was full of yards and long scores threw the hype into overdrive before the injury bug struck. My pre-coffee response came across as pretty snarky, if I'd taken the time to expand on my reply, I'd say I look for patterns in weeks 1,2 and 3, try to figure out which ones are talent/situation related and which ones are because of increased/decreased defensive abilities across the opponents, as well as altering my overall projections based on what the new defensive landscape looks like. Every year, defensive squads have wild swings in performance. Identifying which teams are radically different in 2011 from their projections based on 2010 performance is paramount to my early season analysis.
All in all, while I don't throw my initial rankings out of the window after week one, I certainly pay attention and am not opposed to making a few adjustments.
Absolutely agree. I slept on Hillis one week too long last season in a couple leagues, as I was emotionally married to my roster. Not willing to make that mistake again, I grabbed Karim in a couple leagues over keeping a 6th WR. Not a massive knee jerk reaction, but anybody getting 17 touches in a run first offense week 1 playing behind a player with a bone on bone knee situation should be rostered, IMO. Just like anybody getting the lion's share of carries and a weekly touchdown in the first couple weeks in Cleveland last year should have been too.

Does it really matter where anyone is ranked now ? The season has started you already had your draft either you have those players or you don't. If you trying to trade for a player that has blown up already and looks good you are probably not going to get him for someone ranked lower. What is the point of this thread ?

Does it really matter where anyone is ranked now ? The season has started you already had your draft either you have those players or you don't. If you trying to trade for a player that has blown up already and looks good you are probably not going to get him for someone ranked lower. What is the point of this thread ?
Was wondering the exact same thing. Who cares where they would be drafted at this point? The drafts are over!

Was wondering the exact same thing. Who cares where they would be drafted at this point? The drafts are over!
Its an easier concept to ask people instead of saying "ignoring the draft you just had, who do you like now for the top 10 after week 1 performances"

'Run It Up said:
Charles and Foster both shouldnt be ahead of MJD.CJ Foster and Charles should be 7-8-9 respectivelyForte should be 6th and Mende 10th, especially in ppr.
Agree on Forte--he's not getting the love he deserves in PPR. I picked Mendy instead of Forte at #9 in FFPC and am regretting it now. While he's no Marshall Faulk, he is filling that role in Mike Martz' offense and that means lots of screens and dump off passes.

I think if you're revising opinions on Rice after week one, you've got to revise them on Foster as well.

There were plenty of things to contemplate about both these guys heading into the season. But one of the biggies was that bulldozer FB Vonta Leach was suddenly out of Foster's life and in Rice's. Right?

So, after week one, Rice has absolutely devoured the consensus #1 defense in football with the help of his new buddy. If anything, doesn't this at least suggest the Leach thing MIGHT be a pretty big deal?

What's the flip side of that, for the guy who lost him?

Between the hammy at least putting a couple question marks in the air around Foster, and this new evidence for exactly what kind of a monumental effect Leach might have on a single running back's success (and that Foster must obviously have benefited from last year), I think a Foster downgrade is absolutely imperative.

I'd no longer have him in my top 10.

I think your views and opinions on players should be adjusted and molded with every bit of new information you receive. Every week of NFL games is a lot of new data. Why would your opinions on players not change a little bit? Of course it usually isn't a drastic change most of the time, but I think you should be reassessing every week.

Between the hammy at least putting a couple question marks in the air around Foster, and this new evidence for exactly what kind of a monumental effect Leach might have on a single running back's success (and that Foster must obviously have benefited from last year), I think a Foster downgrade is absolutely imperative.I'd no longer have him in my top 10.
So, I take it seeing Tate, in his first ever NFL game, putting up 110+ and a TD wasn't enough to tell you the loss of Leach was nowhere as big a deal as some made it out to be?That o-line simply dominates. Sorry.

I personally wouldn't have Charles in the top 10 anymore. I wasn't high on him before the season (had him 7th behind DMC) and KC looks even worse than I thought they would.

His situation reminds me of some recent years where SJax was in his prime and a major talent, but on a bad team that really limited his value. And unlike SJax, he doesn't have that guarantee of 20 touches every week.

One week in and people want to re-write the script?

I like debate but this just goes to show the complicated irony of fantasy football. Either way, where would these guys match up against wide receivers? That is another question that might stir the pot.

Either way, Arian Foster will be fine. I am sure he will continue to outgain the likes of Charles, Chris Johnson, and Maurice Jones-Drew, like you have them ranked.

You ever heard of the word called "injury" ? If Bush stays healthy for all 16 games and plays like he did Monday night he finishs in the top 10 but I am not paying a 2nd round price for a that guy when he could easily miss 1/2 his games.Top 10 RB means a 1st or 2nd round pick and who here is taking Reggie Bush in the 2nd round ? Raise your hand please. Not me. I will take safer options thank you.
In a ppr, after seeing how he is used...you bet your but he might be a first 3 round pick...and I seen a few drafts where some of the top ten runners fell past round 2. C'mon man, your talking as if you have not been playing long. Well you will learn in time. lol
You are right I will learn in time.............Bush looks like a top 10 RB so far today 1st half 2 carries for 2 yards.

Between the hammy at least putting a couple question marks in the air around Foster, and this new evidence for exactly what kind of a monumental effect Leach might have on a single running back's success (and that Foster must obviously have benefited from last year), I think a Foster downgrade is absolutely imperative.I'd no longer have him in my top 10.
So, I take it seeing Tate, in his first ever NFL game, putting up 110+ and a TD wasn't enough to tell you the loss of Leach was nowhere as big a deal as some made it out to be?That o-line simply dominates. Sorry.
That just goes to show another problem Arian is facing.Another talented RB was injured all year last season, giving him complete and uncontested bellcow status.This season? Not so much. Another good day for Tate. A total crapfest for Arian.When I said above that I would no longer have him in my top ten, I meant that I thought he would still perform in the 10-15 range. I was clearly being overoptimistic.If you drafted Foster early, you threw away a draft pick. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread