What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Areas We Can Expand Our FBG Content - For Customer Service Please See Site (1 Viewer)

The #3 Area You'd Like Footballguys To Improve

• Total voters
Can we lose that pop up window regarding cookies.

You would think that after accepting cookies you wouldn't have to see that

annoying pop up ever time we sign in.

TIA

OldMilwaukee said:
Can we lose that pop up window regarding cookies.

You would think that after accepting cookies you wouldn't have to see that

annoying pop up ever time we sign in.

TIA

Might be something on your broswer. Or if you're using your browser in incognito mode, you'll see it each time of course. Using the regular chrome browser, I never see it again after accepting once. You also should not have to sign in again each time unless you're using incognito mode.

If you're still having trouble, please let them know at www.footballguys.com/help and submit a ticket at the bottom of that page. Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Joe Bryant 

hey Joe,

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t find the quick link on the main page -> Rankings -> Redraft

I see quick links under Rankings for Dynasty, Rookie, ADP, etc but not for plain old Redraft rankings. Am I missing something? If not, can you have the team add that link to redraft rankings in that pop-up menu? Thanks

@Joe Bryant 

hey Joe,

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t find the quick link on the main page -> Rankings -> Redraft

I see quick links under Rankings for Dynasty, Rookie, ADP, etc but not for plain old Redraft rankings. Am I missing something? If not, can you have the team add that link to redraft rankings in that pop-up menu? Thanks

Hi Joey, Redraft is the defualt at https://www.footballguys.com/rankings

From the main page, if you click "Rankings" then "Expert Rankings" and then "View" you'll see them.

I agree that can be easier. We're tweaking that page as lots of people want stat projections as well and we try to handle as many things as we can.

I think the best thing is just to bookmark the Rankings Page.  

Hi Joey, Redraft is the defualt at https://www.footballguys.com/rankings

From the main page, if you click "Rankings" then "Expert Rankings" and then "View" you'll see them.

I agree that can be easier. We're tweaking that page as lots of people want stat projections as well and we try to handle as many things as we can.

I think the best thing is just to bookmark the Rankings Page.  
I knew I was missing something. 1 extra click but no big deal. Thanks for clarifying. 👊

Diving back into a new feature for Salary Cap. This one looks at how we're handling RBs.

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-salary-cap-leagues-positions-rb
@Joe BryantThese salary cap guys should run some mock drafts at a few different settings and present their results. That would be outstanding information to see. I’d love to see that happen. 

Having a plan and being able to actually act on it are two different things when it comes to drafting, especially auctions.

@Joe BryantThese salary cap guys should run some mock drafts at a few different settings and present their results. That would be outstanding information to see. I’d love to see that happen. 

Having a plan and being able to actually act on it are two different things when it comes to drafting, especially auctions.
This is what I am hoping to see. After they complete their position allocation series of articles I'd like to see some results of actual auctions implementing their approach and the results. Along with analysis where it worked and where it didn't work.

@Joe Bryant

Just to expand on improvements to the Salary Cap content

1) Maybe I'm missing it but are Average Auction Values posted anywhere? I see ADP in several places but nowhere do I see AAV. Being able to see what players are going for in auctions would be helpful

2) Again, maybe I'm missing it but are staff bios posted anywhere? When considering the advice of staff members I think it would be helpful to know their experience in fantasy football. In my case, particularly salary cap content. For others, maybe their experience in DFS or IDP leagues would be helpful. When reading the articles regarding position allocation I'd like to know if this is the writers first auction or if they've been doing auctions for 20+ years. One of the justifications for raising the prices is the compensation for staff. I think bios would be helpful.

This is what I am hoping to see. After they complete their position allocation series of articles I'd like to see some results of actual auctions implementing their approach and the results. Along with analysis where it worked and where it didn't work.
Totally.  That would be great information to have pre-draft for sure. Like I said previously, it's one thing to plan, it's another to execute. Hopefully we see it soon!

Totally agree and the AAV's as well.  :thumbup:

@Joe Bryant

Just to expand on improvements to the Salary Cap content

1) Maybe I'm missing it but are Average Auction Values posted anywhere? I see ADP in several places but nowhere do I see AAV. Being able to see what players are going for in auctions would be helpful

2) Again, maybe I'm missing it but are staff bios posted anywhere? When considering the advice of staff members I think it would be helpful to know their experience in fantasy football. In my case, particularly salary cap content. For others, maybe their experience in DFS or IDP leagues would be helpful. When reading the articles regarding position allocation I'd like to know if this is the writers first auction or if they've been doing auctions for 20+ years. One of the justifications for raising the prices is the compensation for staff. I think bios would be helpful.

Thanks. I'll look into seeing what's available for Average Auction Values. Not sure what is available there. For staff bios, that's something I'd like to add for the future but we don't currently have. Most all our staff is active on Twitter and public there but I agree it would be nice to have something on the site with headshots and all that. We've had that in the past and I like it. 

If you folks have links to sites reporting on past salary cap drafts, please link them here and we'll see if we can put something together. Of course, the total salary cap and number of teams is critical as well. 

I truly miss the Player Spotlights Jason would start in the Shark Pool. I know there are player topics that can be found, but those just blossomed. Everyone would post their opinion along with their projections. I felt I learned as much there as I did reading any article on any site.

I truly miss the Player Spotlights Jason would start in the Shark Pool. I know there are player topics that can be found, but those just blossomed. Everyone would post their opinion along with their projections. I felt I learned as much there as I did reading any article on any site.

Me too but we finally had to abandon for article content as we couldn't get enough contributors. 

But it's easy to replicate that type of content as a forum only piece and have folks talk about the topic. Just like I've been doing with the Team Mood stuff. That's nice content. 

Y'all had great feedback on this and we listened. We have launched a new way for customers to get Cheatsheets. You can check it out at (you guessed it)  https://www.footballguys.com/cheatsheets .

Every year we promote the Draft Dominator super hard and I love it. But our metrics have always shown about 30-40% of people just want a printable cheatsheet - that's it. And we're in the business of doing our best to try and provide what people want. 

In the past, we've had various ways to get those cheatsheets, but they've all involved using an "app" in one form or another. And that was never clear.

So we have made this as simple as possible. Check it out https://www.footballguys.com/cheatsheets 

Don't mean to sound mean, but the daily emails are an eyesore. 

Thanks. I sent a PM and would love to hear more specifics on the emails being an eyesore and how we might improve. And for sure, examples of other newsletters would be helpful. I know there's been a move on some to have tons more colors and graphics and take a more casual angle vs the style we've used. Always interested in feedback there. I probably should start a new thread on that too. 

Y'all had great feedback on this and we listened. We have launched a new way for customers to get Cheatsheets. You can check it out at (you guessed it)  https://www.footballguys.com/cheatsheets .

Every year we promote the Draft Dominator super hard and I love it. But our metrics have always shown about 30-40% of people just want a printable cheatsheet - that's it. And we're in the business of doing our best to try and provide what people want. 

In the past, we've had various ways to get those cheatsheets, but they've all involved using an "app" in one form or another. And that was never clear.

So we have made this as simple as possible. Check it out https://www.footballguys.com/cheatsheets 

Also - quick note. We're still polishing up things on this. I know a few league configurations are throwing error messages. We'll try to get those fixed ASAP. Probably jumped the gun on this sharing wtih you folks too soon but I was excited. 

Thanks. I sent a PM and would love to hear more specifics on the emails being an eyesore and how we might improve. And for sure, examples of other newsletters would be helpful. I know there's been a move on some to have tons more colors and graphics and take a more casual angle vs the style we've used. Always interested in feedback there. I probably should start a new thread on that too. 
Doggonit, my expectation that stupid, mean things I say on this board will roll off into the ether sometimes fails.  I apologize for being a ####, and PLEASE pass it along to anyone on your staff who may have been on the rude end of my words.  Trying to send comprehensive, daily messages to tens of thousands is not for the feint of heart.  If I tried to do the same, I would die of ridicule.

Mister CIA said:
Doggonit, my expectation that stupid, mean things I say on this board will roll off into the ether sometimes fails.  I apologize for being a ####, and PLEASE pass it along to anyone on your staff who may have been on the rude end of my words.  Trying to send comprehensive, daily messages to tens of thousands is not for the feint of heart.  If I tried to do the same, I would die of ridicule.

No worries. All good. 

If you folks have links to sites reporting on past salary cap drafts, please link them here and we'll see if we can put something together. Of course, the total salary cap and number of teams is critical as well.
I'm doing my first ever auction draft this year and having some sort of AAV would be tremendously helpful - so I know how people value players without FBG projections.

An example - if I know where players should be valued (I.e. from your projections) and I compare to where they actually are being drafted (AAV), I know who I can sneak in for cheaper and who I need to go over budget for. And, I know where to study to make sure I agree with your projections. Equally important - if I find some guys that FBG rates much lower than consensus, those would be outstanding candidates to put out for nomination - get people to spend money on players I really don't want.

Most of my leagues are run thru Yahoo. They have some AAV, but you have to data-mine a little bit.

Last edited:
@Joe Bryant

Here ya go. Please please do this for us auction drafters!! TIA

@Joe Bryant

Thanks. We're trying to work up something for ADP on salary cap like this. It's so all over the map though and the sample sizes are so much smaller than regular drafts, we're trying to see if they can be valuable. Thanks.

As someone who's been one of the harsher critics of the salary cap/auction content and the increase in prices, FBG and Joe have done a tremendous job on that end. Last year there were approximately 12-13 articles, all but one done by the same staffer. Those articles contributed very little for an experenced auction participant as they were the basic generic auction advice. Nominate players you don't want, always save some money for the end, don't spend more than a $1 on kickers, etc. The salary cap content always was just an afterthought.

This year there seems to be a very concentrated effort on improving the salary cap content. The content has been consistently released with new articles every couple of days. The content has actually been something new and helpful apart from the generic stuff that's out there with staff members input on how they approach different player positions. I've been participating in auctions for nearly 20 years and trying to find something new that actually made you reconsider an approach anywhere on the internet has been a challenge. There have been a few articles or nuggets this year already on FBGs that have made me go Hmmm . . . .

Nice job Joe!

I still would like to see more analysis on average auction values. Values can vary tremendously in auctions depending on when a player was nominated, roster size, starting lineup makeup, etc. But in addition to the average auction values it would be a tremendous help to have some commentary on values of players in relation to players going for the same approximate salary. If 3-4 players are all in the same salary range which one is the better value for instance.

I stumbled across this site:

Fantasy Football AAV

While I think the site layout and formatting has a lot to be desired and I really haven't read too much of their advice to give an opinion if I agree with it or not, I do like what they are trying to do and would like to see something similar at FBG.

As someone who's been one of the harsher critics of the salary cap/auction content and the increase in prices, FBG and Joe have done a tremendous job on that end. Last year there were approximately 12-13 articles, all but one done by the same staffer. Those articles contributed very little for an experenced auction participant as they were the basic generic auction advice. Nominate players you don't want, always save some money for the end, don't spend more than a $1 on kickers, etc. The salary cap content always was just an afterthought.

This year there seems to be a very concentrated effort on improving the salary cap content. The content has been consistently released with new articles every couple of days. The content has actually been something new and helpful apart from the generic stuff that's out there with staff members input on how they approach different player positions. I've been participating in auctions for nearly 20 years and trying to find something new that actually made you reconsider an approach anywhere on the internet has been a challenge. There have been a few articles or nuggets this year already on FBGs that have made me go Hmmm . . . .

Nice job Joe!

I still would like to see more analysis on average auction values. Values can vary tremendously in auctions depending on when a player was nominated, roster size, starting lineup makeup, etc. But in addition to the average auction values it would be a tremendous help to have some commentary on values of players in relation to players going for the same approximate salary. If 3-4 players are all in the same salary range which one is the better value for instance.

Fantasy Football AAV

While I think the site layout and formatting has a lot to be desired and I really haven't read too much of their advice to give an opinion if I agree with it or not, I do like what they are trying to do and would like to see something similar at FBG.

Thanks @KingPrawn We listened and acted and it's nice to see folks see it. Thank you.

And thanks for that AAV site. I'm not sure how much we'll be able to add and create there as it's a tricky thing given the relatively small sample sizes and we want to be super careful we vet the info. No info is better than bad info as you well know so we want to be careful there. But we'll look for sure. Thanks.

Nice job Joe!

Fantasy Football AAV

That site is awesome. Thanks @KingPrawn

@Joe Bryant

Thanks. We're trying to work up something for ADP on salary cap like this. It's so all over the map though and the sample sizes are so much smaller than regular drafts, we're trying to see if they can be valuable. Thanks.
Like I suggested before, do your own set of auction drafts with staff with different perimeters. Heck, start with the auction cheatsheet perimeters that Clayton posted recently as an initial basis. Lets see what really happens as that as a drafters base. At least then we'll have real draft results to go on instead of a list of sample drafts from a chart showing generic AAV. I think most auction drafters are most interested in seeing and reading about how the auction draft proceeded and what shifts in strategies had to be employed throughout. The article would be similar to the youtube video and 3 articles I posted above. Thanks!

ETA: Info like this is tremendously helpful.

I know FBGs could do this and better!!!

Last edited:
We're also doing the King's Classic Salary Cap draft this weekend at the Hall of Fame in Canton. Lots of well known players in it from the industry. We'll see if we can do a feature on breaking down that one after the draft.

@Joe Bryant Curious if the FBG Team will ever invest in creating Live Sync during drafts so the user doesn't have to manually select their opponent's picks in the Dominator. Most other big sites have created Chrome add-ons to be able to screen scrape this data live as the draft progresses, allowing the user to solely focus on their draft plan instead of trying to keep up with the manual picks.

@Joe Bryant Curious if the FBG Team will ever invest in creating Live Sync during drafts so the user doesn't have to manually select their opponent's picks in the Dominator. Most other big sites have created Chrome add-ons to be able to screen scrape this data live as the draft progresses, allowing the user to solely focus on their draft plan instead of trying to keep up with the manual picks.

We looked at this a good bit. The trouble we've found is reliability we feel is trustable in a critical type situation like a live draft. We'll continue to look there.

Would it be possible to implement some sort of "remove the top/bottom n results" within your consensus rankings, or otherwise calculate your average by only among contributors that actually have a player listed? Has the function to remove wild outliers, but also prevents your consensus rankings from looking daft where there's a data error or contributor oversight. e.g. right now, where Waltman hasn't got Swift ranked for some reason, resulting in a default ranking behind the 350+ players he has actually ranked which makes him listed down as a fourth round pick and clearly ridiculous.

Well betting this has to be in this thread somewhere, but I'm so frustrated that I'm not going to look for it. I know you guys are trying, but as someone who's been here since the beginning, things were better when they were simpler.

@JoeBryant, you have a 404 here: https://www.footballguys.com/join#plans-and-pricing

Which is a result of clicking on Compare Plans Moblie popup when bringing up the Draft Dominator in my browser. When I check my subscription status it refreshes the page and brings me back to this popup. Even though I am ELITE subscriber, I can't tailor the Droft Dominator to my league. It's almost the end of August. These bugs are unacceptable. Luckily, I am simply trying to prep for a draft on Sunday. Had I waited...well. Just going to stop there.

Communication as in estimates when content is dropping during the off season and preseason.

Instagram content looks like it’s ran by children maybe that’s the demo they are trying to bring in.

That’s about it everything else is good. The DD being easier and easier every year is what I like.

Draft Dominator issue......I tried printing the CSV file version of the cheatsheet to do some manipulation of the data and it stops at 450-ish players. Unfortunately I need a lot more because the DL don't start until after that. So this essentially means I have no DL on the cheatsheet. Is there a way to specify how much data is downloaded?

I know DL is in there because if I do the PDF version it provides a listing of DL choices.

Thoughts?

(Yes I filled out the trouble ticket but have not been responded to yet)

@Joe Bryant Any way to update the RATE MY TEAM app? It doesn't work in some browsers, but finally got it to work and all the write ups are last year (they talk about noah fant being the starter in denver and albert o backing him up, etc.)

I've found the consensus rankings from FBG to be very helpful, but when I try to create custom draft lists for my leagues, they often come out really strange, especially with more custom scoring. This is also true with cheatsheets, which I've given up using because they also seem way off what's useful for my league. I love the overall content especially during the season, but I do find that some parts just don't shoot out info that really connects with the situation on draft day.

@Joe Bryant Any way to update the RATE MY TEAM app? It doesn't work in some browsers, but finally got it to work and all the write ups are last year (they talk about noah fant being the starter in denver and albert o backing him up, etc.)

I'm sorry you're having trouble there. Not sure what's up as the free Rate My Team app is working perfectly for hundreds of thousands of others. We don't do Customer Service on the forums but our folks will do their best to help. Please visit www.footballguys.com/help and scroll down to the bottom and click the "contact support" button. Our folks will need some information on your league and they will do their best to help. And thanks for your patience on this. Obviously, this is the busiest time of the year for them and they're prioritizing issues for people that are having trouble logging in or accessing the content they paid for. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread