What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Areas We Can Expand Our FBG Content - For Customer Service Please See Site (1 Viewer)

The #3 Area You'd Like Footballguys To Improve

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I'm convinced our Shark Pool forum is one of the sharpest group of fantasy football players anywhere.

As we head into the 2022 year, I want to ask for your feedback on the areas you'd like to see improved with the Footballguys Premium Subscriptions.

Disclaimer Up Front: It's not possible for us to do everything that folks ask. So please don't be offended if we're unable to do all that's asked. It's just a reality. But it's important to know what you folks would like to see.

Please cast your votes for the areas you'd like us to improve.

I broke it out so you can vote for your top 3 areas.

Also please comment here with specific examples and links to other sites that are doing the thing you're talking about. It's one thing to vote "Improve IDP coverage". But it's way more helpful if you can add more context in a post that's, "Improve IDP coverage with more detailed breakdown of the CB/WR matchups". That kind of thing.

Thanks a ton for being part of Footballguys.

A note. I started this thread for the purpose of hearing areas where folks wanted us to expand our content.

We're not able to do Customer Service on the forums. We've invested a lot in people and resources to have a real Customer Service system here at www.footballguys.com/help. If you don't see an issue addressed, please scroll down and click "contact support" and they'll need some information from you and they'll try their best to help.

Last edited:
Been a premium subscriber and likely will be again this year.

But I couldn't tell you the last time I read an article (email/podcast/video etc) written by a staffer. I get my analyses from the SP and I use the Draft Dominator. That's about it.

I love this place for the forums and pay to help keep the lights on.

ETA: to be clear, I used to devour all the content from staffers. But, over the years I found I just didn't want to spend my time doing that as I play only one league for 20+ years. The edge the content provides me isn't worth the time investment in my situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will buy again, mostly for the contest (even though I’ve only done well once). 

but your IDP content is easily the weakest link imo. There’s so much info about offense we can get just about anywhere while IDP is lacking across the board. The various IDP articles aren’t all that helpful as they tend to just show “LB X got more tackles than expected this week” often without making an educated forecast on the future.  The information is hard to come by, but that’s what we rely on y’all to do. 

Will buy again, mostly for the contest (even though I’ve only done well once). 

but your IDP content is easily the weakest link imo. There’s so much info about offense we can get just about anywhere while IDP is lacking across the board. The various IDP articles aren’t all that helpful as they tend to just show “LB X got more tackles than expected this week” often without making an educated forecast on the future.  The information is hard to come by, but that’s what we rely on y’all to do. 

Thanks @-OZ-

For IDP content, what specific types of features would you like to see? Can you point me to examples other sites are doing? Thanks. 

We definitely plan to improve this area for 2022.

Thanks @-OZ-

For IDP content, what specific types of features would you like to see? Can you point me to examples other sites are doing? Thanks. 

We definitely plan to improve this area for 2022.
I’m not sure about the other sites, It’s lacking across the board from what I’ve seen (I assume others have found better information). 
an example of what’s not helpful:

UPGRADES:

S Jeremy Chinn, CAR (8 solos, 5 asst)
Chinn had an unexpected quiet start to the season, which suggested the move back to safety from mostly playing linebacker a year ago was hurting his value. Over the past 8 games, however, he’s put up elite numbers and once again looks like a top-5 option.

Although the IDP dynasty sleepers articles seem more helpful.  Of course, league matters and I’m not sure how many IDP leagues are starting over 176 defensive players every week. Two of my leagues are a bit niche in that aspect. 

I’m not sure about the other sites, It’s lacking across the board from what I’ve seen (I assume others have found better information). 
an example of what’s not helpful:

UPGRADES:

S Jeremy Chinn, CAR (8 solos, 5 asst)
Chinn had an unexpected quiet start to the season, which suggested the move back to safety from mostly playing linebacker a year ago was hurting his value. Over the past 8 games, however, he’s put up elite numbers and once again looks like a top-5 option.

Although the IDP dynasty sleepers articles seem more helpful.  Of course, league matters and I’m not sure how many IDP leagues are starting over 176 defensive players every week. Two of my leagues are a bit niche in that aspect. 

Thanks. What I"m looking for is input on what you folks DO think is helpful. I"m willing to put the money and resources towards this. But I very much would love to know specifically what you folks want here and find useful. Any input there is super helpful and will help us get the content you want. 

Thanks. What I"m looking for is input on what you folks DO think is helpful. I"m willing to put the money and resources towards this. But I very much would love to know specifically what you folks want here and find useful. Any input there is super helpful and will help us get the content you want. 
IDP content is severly lacking but that is common to most sites.  It really is a difficult thing to get good info on.

Some things that would be helpful:

• Scheme changes and who will/won't benefit from the changes
  • "Sleeper" articles were just a rehash of the previous week.  There was very little forecasting with reasoning why player X is thought to have a beneficial matchup/week
  • Overview articles about which type defenses (3-4 vs 4-3 vs nickel vs ?????) benefit which positions of players for IDP purposes.  Having insight into what scheme helps which IDP position can be a huge benefit to find diamonds in the rough
  • Rookie IDP content about landing spot and scheme/usage match.  
  • Content about IDP players changing teams and why they may or may not benefit from the move for IDP purposes.  
  • Combined draft boards for rookies as well as overall.  I know this is probably a pipe dream (overall) as this would be quite an undertaking but some sort of content relating to the overlap of offense to defense players for drafting purposes would be highly beneficial. 
  • Break out scoring systems for rankings between big play, balanced, and tackle heavy formats. 

I have been a subscriber for years and continue to do so for the forums and some of the content (although it has been less and less as the years go by).  As I have posted many times the IDP content has gone down hill drastically over the last few years to the point that the only thing of worth the last few years was the Eyes of the Guru article.  The sleeper articles have been completely useless for their purpose (predicting upside plays for the next week).  They have been basically recaps of the previous weeks studs (which has it's place but not when advertised as a sleeper article for future performance).  

Thanks for taking suggestions. 

IDP content is severly lacking but that is common to most sites.  It really is a difficult thing to get good info on.

• "Sleeper" articles were just a rehash of the previous week.  There was very little forecasting with reasoning why player X is thought to have a beneficial matchup/week
  • Overview articles about which type defenses (3-4 vs 4-3 vs nickel vs ?????) benefit which positions of players for IDP purposes.  Having insight into what scheme helps which IDP position can be a huge benefit to find diamonds in the rough
  • Content about IDP players changing teams and why they may or may not benefit from the move for IDP purposes.  
  • Combined draft boards for rookies as well as overall.  I know this is probably a pipe dream (overall) as this would be quite an undertaking but some sort of content relating to the overlap of offense to defense players for drafting purposes would be highly beneficial. 
  • Break out scoring systems for rankings between big play, balanced, and tackle heavy formats. 

I have been a subscriber for years and continue to do so for the forums and some of the content (although it has been less and less as the years go by).  As I have posted many times the IDP content has gone down hill drastically over the last few years to the point that the only thing of worth the last few years was the Eyes of the Guru article.  The sleeper articles have been completely useless for their purpose (predicting upside plays for the next week).  They have been basically recaps of the previous weeks studs (which has it's place but not when advertised as a sleeper article for future performance).  

Awesome. Thanks a ton for the specific thoughts there. Exactly what we're looking for. 

As an IDP redraft guy, it would be excellent to have some specific pre-season IDP columns - frequently updated rankings, sleepers, and maybe “risers & fallers” type articles, identifying player movement & opportunities on new teams, returning from injury, or rookies primed for larger roles.

Some of the IDP blurbs read like an afterthought - not a lot of detail, and hard to know why you rank one player over another.

Also IIRC, there’s usually only 1-2 FBG doing all IDP, so rankings are often only the composite of one or two opinions. As compared to offense where as many as 5-6 FBG weigh in on the rankings.

At present it just feels a little bit incomplete. 

Agree on all points - said many of the same things in my own post while you were posting.  :hifive:

Bring back the Wisdom of the Crowds (Who Do I Start?) contest.  Even better if the top 12 get their own league (for me to get last place in).  That was great.

One other IDP thought: 

• host-specific call-outs.

Some of the best values in IDP are LB that one can start at DL. CBS, ESPN, RT - they’re not all the same.  Being able to identify this & adjust rankings accordingly would be a huge advantage over other FF websites that only have a single list that isn’t specific to any host. 

I didn't subscribe last year, the first time in many years, primary reason was the cost.  My league franchise fees and winnings went down and as a percentage of the cost the $35 price point was just a bit much for me.

If you could introduce several price tiers, I would jump back in for a $20-$25 that would suit my needs.

Thanks Joe.. 

Probably not what you were looking for but I'd love to see two things return that left with the site "upgrade" and that would be date of birth on player home pages and the return of play by play when looking at game logs of players.

I have a lifetime subscription x6 or something like that so I'm in like Flynn.

I don't have any big feedback. I could probably utilize the site better than I do. I have a hard time finding the right tools that I want (like being able to pull FF stats by league settings for say 2021 only, or some range). I know it exists I just have a hard time drilling in sometimes. I think the site redesign through me for a bit of a loop but maybe I just need to dig deeper to figure things out.

There are a handful of articles I read regularly and appreciate the perspective of quite a few of the FBG analysts. I think there is a serious lack of FFPC centric analysis, both in dynasty and redraft. That is one reason I started the SharkPool thread on that subject, and it has been my specialty for most of the last year in terms of the articles that I have been writing at a different site. But since FBG and FFPC are so aligned, it seems to me like there is an opportunity there. Or a gap.

I think the emails are beyond excessive, especially inseason. Maybe that is a setting I can change but it is too much to be practically useful, and by a wide margin. Just my humble opinion. 

I have bought a premium subscription for quite a few years and plan to continue to do so.

As to specific areas that need improvement, I only know that my name hasn't gone on a trophy for quite a while, so clearly something is lacking. I really prefer to continue to believe that it is not me.

If I recall, the biggest reason that I originally bought was for the VBD Excel app. I am sure that is not the most popular now, with your higher tech options, but it is still the one that I use and hope it never goes away. 

I have found over the years that I spend more time in the shark pool than in the articles, but I still enjoy the content. Unlike many of your subscribers, I am only in two leagues. One standard redraft for over 20 years, and one PPR redraft for about 10 years. That league we keep discussing changing to a keeper or dynasty league, so I hope to dive into learning more about those prior to fantasy draft season this year.

I think the emails are beyond excessive, especially inseason. Maybe that is a setting I can change but it is too much to be practically useful, and by a wide margin. Just my humble opinion. 
Flip side of that argument, I often fine that I really don't have time to keep up with what is going on in the league once the season is rolling and basically count on seeing the most important stuff pop up in my inbox via FBG. Some weeks, skimming through the emails is the only information that I get. (hmmm, that may answer my earlier question on why no trophies lately)

The one article I read the most is Sig's weekly waiver report along with the corresponding video - in fairness, you have started doing this somewhat last season, but any waiver pickup is a two way street, and after the first 2-3 weeks of the season once we've cleared out the late round fliers that haven't turned out, many people don't have an easy drop - so it'd be useful to give percentage values for a bunch of the hold ons and the closer shut em down selections. It's all very well to look at who is available in my league, but I then need to think "is he going to be more valuable than the current last player on my bench"?

One other IDP thought: 

• host-specific call-outs.

Some of the best values in IDP are LB that one can start at DL. CBS, ESPN, RT - they’re not all the same.  Being able to identify this & adjust rankings accordingly would be a huge advantage over other FF websites that only have a single list that isn’t specific to any host. 

Thanks. I agree this is huge. We do that now when you synch your league with our Draft Dominator or League Dominator as it picks up the position and scoring details from your league. So that's built in. And a huge advantage.

But we also could do an article or something to highlight the platforms that have an unusual position designation.

Flip side of that argument, I often fine that I really don't have time to keep up with what is going on in the league once the season is rolling and basically count on seeing the most important stuff pop up in my inbox via FBG. Some weeks, skimming through the emails is the only information that I get. (hmmm, that may answer my earlier question on why no trophies lately)
And I think that is a super reasonable response and perspective. We each have our own needs, desires, etc as it relates to how we consume or don't consume content and in what fashion. I'd rather people have that option if that is what they want/need and for others like me to be able to turn it off. Which maybe I do have the ability and just don't know it. I don't want to block them from my gmail per se.

As to specific areas that need improvement, I only know that my name hasn't gone on a trophy for quite a while, so clearly something is lacking. I really prefer to continue to believe that it is not me.
That's good #### and I vote to put you on the next one just for the comedy schtick victory lap.

1. redraft:....would like more "how did I do"....where did I hit, where did I miss reflection from ALL staffers/those whose projections you post/use....(not just Bloom) specific to maybe say the top 200-300 players....some won't need any reflection as they performed around consensus projections/rankings....but maybe some of the outliers...and maybe some notes on why/what happened, why did I hit or why did I miss....what I learned and how it may help moving forward...the closer this is done to the end of the season the better, so no "break/vacation" so to speak immediately after the season....kind of a full staff "debriefing" after the season...I feel self analysis/reflection is very important but often overlooked, especially from those you are paying for their advice....

2. redraft: early projections/rankings....even if they are completely off base early....we all know that....doesn't have to include rookies....updated every few weeks or after major things....end of season, first week of FA, second week of FA, draft, June 1 cuts, etc......nobody holds you to them that early, but they would be nice to have, as some redraft/best ball based leagues could use them and start early....

ultimately your rankings are the bread and butter and the core of why many subscribe....IMO they should be fluid and updated throughout the entire year on a fantasy site....

1. redraft:....would like more "how did I do"....where did I hit, where did I miss reflection from ALL staffers/those whose projections you post/use....(not just Bloom) specific to maybe say the top 200-300 players....some won't need any reflection as they performed around consensus projections/rankings....but maybe some of the outliers...and maybe some notes on why/what happened, why did I hit or why did I miss....what I learned and how it may help moving forward...the closer this is done to the end of the season the better, so no "break/vacation" so to speak immediately after the season....kind of a full staff "debriefing" after the season...I feel self analysis/reflection is very important but often overlooked, especially from those you are paying for their advice....
This grade check of how predictions shook out is a really great addition.  Knowing how things actually played out compared to what the "experts" predicted with reasoning as to what in the process worked/didn't work is valuable for everyone.......especially the experts.  That way they can check their process.  Very good suggestion.

I sure miss clicking a thread and it taking me to exactly where I left off. The unread quote helps but it’s definitely not as nice. 

idp leaves a bit to be desired as does just about everywhere else in the ff world. A few more opinions on rankings (updated regularly) and maybe a poor man’s Waldman doing idp rookie write ups would be great. 

2 things:

1) in the rankings section, I miss being able to set the date range to pull ranks from, up to 365 days. I find that during the off-season I like to go back and look at the rankings from the summer before just for educational purposes. 
2) more dynasty rankings by staffers. Dynasty is obviously 24/7/365, so having more than just 2 "current" rankings in the NFL off-season would be great. I think solving #1 would also help with this item since I’d be fine with at least seeing the previous dynasty rankings from all staffers even if they’re a few months old. 

thanks for asking for feedback, @Joe Bryant.

I sure miss clicking a thread and it taking me to exactly where I left off. The unread quote helps but it’s definitely not as nice. 
This x1000. Something broke with the recent board upgrade where clicking the Star rarely brings me to where I left off. Was almost never an issue with previous versions of the board. 

Joe

I have been a subscriber since the beginning. My grandaughter had a black eye joe tatoo on her leg that came with the magazine you got in the mail when you subscribed. She always called him black guy joe because she couldn't enunciate the phrase. Anyhow, i digress. I am here as long as I am playing fantasy football as I enjoy the community. My two main issues that haven't been discussed already(dynasty content) are with the waiver wire column and the MY FBG in season advice. Nothing is more discouraging than spending 50% of my BB budget on a must have pick up only to see him being touted as a drop the following week. If someone is worth 40-50% how does the value fall away so quickly. Maybe a little more analysis on why things may implode or explode. Also on the MY FBG waiver wire suggestions don't work well at all with dynasty. The people they recommend dropping make no sense. All that being said, thanks for asking and keep up the good work. Glad to be a part of this community.

Thanks. I agree this is huge. We do that now when you synch your league with our Draft Dominator or League Dominator as it picks up the position and scoring details from your league. So that's built in. And a huge advantage.

But we also could do an article or something to highlight the platforms that have an unusual position designation.
Thanks Joe.

While we’re on the roster import feature, does that also apply to IDP scoring systems? 

I’m never quite sure, as sometimes it feels like the players are more big-play ranked despite my league being more tackle-heavy. 

Thanks Joe.

While we’re on the roster import feature, does that also apply to IDP scoring systems? 

I’m never quite sure, as sometimes it feels like the players are more big-play ranked despite my league being more tackle-heavy. 

Yes. The import and league synch applies to all players. 

I agree with the dropdown menu removal.....biggest need IMO is regularly updated dynasty rankings by the staff
My first vote for area to improve is dynasty, so........THIS ^^^. Not all staffers who rank dynasty do it regularly enough, at least from what I've seen. It was suggested up-thread that the rankings be updated more regularly through the off-season and I'm fully on board with that. I get that there won't be much significant change to rankings in-season but that doesn't mean they should be ignored for lengthy periods. The most significant changes to players and their dynasty rankings occur in the off-season and I think a more consistent effort should be placed there as well. I would like to see more articles in-season by dynasty staffers other than Jeff Teffertiller. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Jeff's articles, I read them every week. I'd just like to see something from someone else. I'm not sure what type of article I'd like to see but someone else with a unique perspective would be nice. 

My second vote for area to improve is Devy. I watch zero college ball and do zero research on any players until the NFL Draft rolls around. I have zero knowledge of players who don't declare for the NFL. I believe Teffertiller does address devy players occasionally but, I'd like to see more content so I can attempt to keep players names fresh prior to them hitting the draft. This would also give me a slight leg up prior to digging deep into Waldman's RSP each year. (I think this will be my 10th consecutive year purchasing the RSP and its worth every damn penny.) I also believe improving this area of content will be beneficial to redraft and dynasty alike.

Thanks for taking the time again this year to hear content suggestions. Much appreciated. 

2 things:

1) in the rankings section, I miss being able to set the date range to pull ranks from, up to 365 days. I find that during the off-season I like to go back and look at the rankings from the summer before just for educational purposes. 
2) more dynasty rankings by staffers. Dynasty is obviously 24/7/365, so having more than just 2 "current" rankings in the NFL off-season would be great. I think solving #1 would also help with this item since I’d be fine with at least seeing the previous dynasty rankings from all staffers even if they’re a few months old. 

thanks for asking for feedback, @Joe Bryant.
Ding Ding! Exactly what I came here to say - Most often the dynasty offensive rankings are up to date or within 30ish days, so that's not always a problem. The IDP ones drop off regularly as they can be over 30 days old and I think your settings are anything after 30 days they get wiped. Having a longer (I like 365 but that may not be feasible, about 90 days would be good - or the last from that particular staffer, as your going from specific sections of the year NFL end of season, then draft period, then Training Camp, then start of NFL season and if its 90 days you are bound to at least get something to come up.)

Case in point I came in early in this off-season to look at IDP rankings to decide on a trade but had to scour the IPD forum for rankings by a forum member who had something from December, at least it was a second opinion to my own thoughts. It was a bit of a bummer that I couldn't see something that I pay for but it wasn't the end of the world either, just something that was in the "well that sucks" category. 

I have been a long-time subscriber and that will not change anytime soon as just the 2 subscriber contests are worth the price of admission. Thanks for listening @Joe Bryant

As a new dynasty player, it seems like some cross-over dynasty-devy content would be really great. Like a scouting focused master planning guide with some range of outcome stuff that's graphic. Folks slinging young anchor pieces for picks and future picks. I've sort of taken it on myself to try to map this out, scouring the web, watching video, looking for free content and ramping myself up.

I started cheating on FBG with a paid dynasty/devy site or two and they may replace FBG in my life for the superior content there.

I got tired of redraft and am only in dynasty/devy leagues now but I notice it hasn't been a focus for FBG in the past.

I started cheating on FBG with a paid dynasty/devy site or two and they may replace FBG in my life for the superior content there.

I got tired of redraft and am only in dynasty/devy leagues now but I notice it hasn't been a focus for FBG in the past.
Dynasty guys by Ryan

I'd like to select X number of writers and only see their articles and rankings.

Somedays I have time and I'll read the new guys but sometimes I don't and it's what's Jeff n Bloom predict for WRs this week. 

On Sunday morning, a drop down (like MFL search). Pick two players, pick a writer....results. Oh Carlton has Diggs over AJB this week. Thinking but AJB has the better matchup let's try Jeff. Search again. Diggs again. Welp I guess I better rethink things.

obviously I'd start both just an example. I'd pay for an app that did this too

For YouTube, please have your guys do that timeline thing for topics so I can skip or jump to. Also description could be a lot more detailed. 

You guys got a lot of content and I've sung the praises here plenty over the years. I don't mean to be negative, just I want what I want type vibe so anything that can help me find it or get to it is appreciated

For YouTube, please have your guys do that timeline thing for topics so I can skip or jump to. Also description could be a lot more detailed. 

You guys got a lot of content and I've sung the praises here plenty over the years. I don't mean to be negative, just I want what I want type vibe so anything that can help me find it or get to it is appreciated

Thanks.

For the longer shows with multiple topics, I agree it's super helpful to have the breaks

For instance:

https://www.footballguys.com/podcast/the-audible-live-nfl-draft-crush-fantasy-football-2022

In This Episode: Cecil Lammey, Sigmund Bloom and Matt Waldman discuss who their favorite players are in the 2022 NFL draft! Topics Include: is Michigan State RB Kenneth Walker the best in the class, plus more!

TIMESTAMPS

0:52 What Type of Draft Class is 2022?

7:03 Kenneth Walker

11:27 What to Look for in RBs

19:00 Kenny Pickett Overhyped?

31:14 DK Metcalf Totally Not on the Trade Block

Is that what you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread