What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Areas We Can Expand Our FBG Content - For Customer Service Please See Site (2 Viewers)

The #3 Area You'd Like Footballguys To Improve

• Total voters
For sure. As I said, this was a basic one. We have 12 of our foundational features for Salary Cap this year plus more. 
not sure what the masses experience, but I don't think too many salary cap drafts are being held in a room with pencil and paper anymore.

would guess most are done on an on-line platform- which provides estimated salary cap values for all players.

thus making it possible for the newbie to show up at a draft with nothing and be relatively successful.

would be helpful if the articles acknowledged this reality and spent time and focus on how to take exploit that environment

not sure what the masses experience, but I don't think too many salary cap drafts are being held in a room with pencil and paper anymore.

would guess most are done on an on-line platform- which provides estimated salary cap values for all players.

thus making it possible for the newbie to show up at a draft with nothing and be relatively successful.

would be helpful if the articles acknowledged this reality and spent time and focus on how to take exploit that environment

Hi @Obie Wan    I'm not sure we're talking about the same article. 

We addressed exactly that in https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-must-have-salary-cap-draft

Jason Wood in particular wrote;

In today's day and age, I cannot fathom showing up to a salary cap draft with just your wits and a sheet of paper to write down the choices. It would be like showing up to an Old West gunfight with a butter knife. Have your values, preferably loaded into a draft app that can track the league progress and help you identify price inflation/deflation, as well as where the tiers are so you can be sure not to suffer an unintended drop-off.

One thing I love about fantasy football is all the different ways folks play. And we try to help with all of them. Tons of our folks wouldn't consider doing even their most casual draft without using the Footballguys Draft Dominator. And some folks love the printed cheatsheets. We love them all. 

On the idea of league platforms offering salary range, that's definitely an important part and we'll be addressing that in some future articles. It's essentially like Average Draft Position. And platforms are all different. Being able to identify the differences in what we project a player to be valued for and what the platform says is a huge edge to exploit. 

The other thing for our Draft Dominator Users is this number moves with each pick as the available dollars in the pool changes. It's why the Draft Dominator is almost unfair. But we're ok with that. ;)

I can't find a release schedule for the draft dominator app. I don't see it in the Android play store or any information about it's release here. Downloading this is the equivalent of buying the magazine back in the day and I look forward to it as a summer time killer.  Any idea when it will release?

I can't find a release schedule for the draft dominator app. I don't see it in the Android play store or any information about it's release here. Downloading this is the equivalent of buying the magazine back in the day and I look forward to it as a summer time killer.  Any idea when it will release?

Thanks.

The Draft Dominator Online is available now at Footballguys.com.

The Mobile Apps are hoping to be ready soon. Apple likely 7/7 and Android 7/15 are the plans. But we always are hesitant to say firm dates as Apple and Google have the final say on when they're released.

This year, we've made a change in how the app can be used.

This year, it's a free app so people can get a preview of how powerful it is.

To unlock the full power of the app, you'll need a Premium Footballguys subscription. www.footballguys.com/plans

And as a Footballguys Premium Subscriber, you'll have full online access to the content available in each plan. It's everything you need to crush your draft AND we help you throughout the season with weekly start sit advice and projections, Waiver Wire advice, and much more with the League Dominator app.

You'll want to pick your Premium Footballguys subscription based on what type of league you have:

Our PRO level covers Redraft leagues with Offensive only players.
Our ELITE level covers Redraft leagues with Offensive and IDP players. Plus, Salary Cap and Best Ball leagues.
And if you want everything we do, our HALL OF FAME subscription covers all the above as well as DFS content.

Each can be purchased on a recurring monthly plan but you can cancel anytime. 

The monthly PRO plan mentioned above is just $4 more than what the Draft Dominator cost last year and it includes so much more content. 

Thanks for being part of Footballguys and I hope you have an awesome season.

Thanks.

The Draft Dominator Online is available now at Footballguys.com.

The Mobile Apps are hoping to be ready soon. Apple likely 7/7 and Android 7/15 are the plans. But we always are hesitant to say firm dates as Apple and Google have the final say on when they're released.

This year, we've made a change in how the app can be used.

This year, it's a free app so people can get a preview of how powerful it is.

To unlock the full power of the app, you'll need a Premium Footballguys subscription. www.footballguys.com/plans

And as a Footballguys Premium Subscriber, you'll have full online access to the content available in each plan. It's everything you need to crush your draft AND we help you throughout the season with weekly start sit advice and projections, Waiver Wire advice, and much more with the League Dominator app.

You'll want to pick your Premium Footballguys subscription based on what type of league you have:

Our ELITE level covers Redraft leagues with Offensive and IDP players. Plus, Salary Cap and Best Ball leagues.
And if you want everything we do, our HALL OF FAME subscription covers all the above as well as DFS content.

The monthly PRO plan mentioned above is just $4 more than what the Draft Dominator cost last year and it includes so much more content. 

Thanks for being part of Footballguys and I hope you have an awesome season.

Thanks. I agree this is huge. We do that now when you synch your league with our Draft Dominator or League Dominator as it picks up the position and scoring details from your league. So that's built in. And a huge advantage.

But we also could do an article or something to highlight the platforms that have an unusual position designation.

I would like to see the site include position changes from the "True Position" modification in MFL...League Dominator does not do so at this time...true position classfies 3-4 OLB's and 4-3 DE's as edge rushers (ED) and 3-4 DE's and 4-3 DT's as IDL's (DL)...this is (imo) a major change coming in IDP as I have 3 0f 17 leagues that have converted in 2022 and 2 more in 2023...other sites are moving in that direction, but not my #1 site...thanks

I would like to see the site include position changes from the "True Position" modification in MFL...League Dominator does not do so at this time...true position classfies 3-4 OLB's and 4-3 DE's as edge rushers (ED) and 3-4 DE's and 4-3 DT's as IDL's (DL)...this is (imo) a major change coming in IDP as I have 3 0f 17 leagues that have converted in 2022 and 2 more in 2023...other sites are moving in that direction, but not my #1 site...thanks

Thanks we added Gary Davenport to the Footballguys staff. As you probably know, Gary's one the leading people in the industry for this and does a ton of the designations for MFL. He'll be helping us work toward this. 

Always trying to improve and bring more and better content.

Our Team Reports are dropping as they always have. We cover the whole team, not just the offensive skill guys. Here's the Eagles. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-team-report-philadelphia-eagles

A new feature we've added is polling the Staff for how they're seeing each team and players they're up or down on. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-philadelphia-eagles-mood-targets-avoids
Thanks, Joe. I appreciate the team reports and this is really good nuts and bolts coverage of the high-level issues and basics but I do think there's a way to go significantly deeper in general and especially on the "team philosophy" side and get into more of the nuances of what did and didn't work, what the team is likely to look to do more of this year, what their offseason moves are telling us, and how that impacts certain players. It's sometimes the little nuggets that provide an edge in competitive leagues. Just my two cents but appreciate the work and receptiveness to feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Joe. I appreciate the team reports and this is really good nuts and bolts coverage of the high-level issues and basics but I do think there's a way to go significantly deeper in general and especially on the "team philosophy" side and get into more of the nuances of what did and didn't work, what the team is likely to look to do more of this year, what their offseason moves are telling us, and how that impacts certain players. It's sometimes the little nuggets that provide an edge in competitive leagues. Just my two cents but appreciate the work and receptiveness to feedback.

We won't be able to change them for this year but thanks as always for the feedback. 

If you have other examples of sites doing what you're talking about, please link them so we can have an idea for future years. 

We won't be able to change them for this year but thanks as always for the feedback. 

If you or @KingPrawnor @neal cassadyhave other examples of sites doing what you're talking about, please link them so we can have an idea for future years. 

Joe Bryant said:

If you or @KingPrawnor @neal cassadyhave other examples of sites doing what you're talking about, please link them so we can have an idea for future years. 
I think 4 for 4 does some of this.  I'm sure there's a balance to be struck in terms of not providing so much information that more casual FF players feel overwhelmed but you have such an amazing braintrust over there and I'd love to see them go deeper in these team previews.  Hope this helps!

So we can no longer purchase the draft dominator app as a standalone?  That's a bummer. Pretty much out entire league purchases it each year

elshagon said:
So we can no longer purchase the draft dominator app as a standalone?  

That's correct.

The Online version of the Draft Dominator is available now at Footballguys.com for our Premium Subscribers.

For the Mobile Draft Dominator app, we're awaiting approval from Apple and Google so we can be in the app stores. We're hoping for 7/7 for Apple and 7/15 for Google but that's out of our control as we're dependent on what Google and Apple do. 

This year, the Draft Dominator mobile app is a free app so people can get a preview of how powerful it is.

To unlock the full power of the app, you'll need a Premium Footballguys subscription.

And as a Footballguys Premium Subscriber, you'll have full online access to the content available in each plan. It's everything you need to crush your draft AND we help you throughout the season with weekly start sit advice and projections, Waiver Wire advice, and much more.

Update to add, after 4 rejections and resubmissions, we just got approval to be live in the Apple App store. Google is up next. 

only read the last couple pages so idk if anybody mentioned this or if you guys even care...

but the youtube content...how do i say this eloquently...could potentially be improved.

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, but I would love a complementary tool to the Draft Dominator that accounts for previous league manager draft history. I have been tracking my league mates draft tendencies for many years and do my best to model it in DD. I would want to use it to create and update manager profiles in Draft Dominator annually if needed.

Joe Bryant said:

Not sure why I was mentioned here as I have no opinion on the team reports as I have not read them yet.

I will give @Joe Bryantcredit here. My biggest complaint was the auction/salary cap content being included in the ELITE plan and not the PRO plan. Once the auction has taken place the content is the same for a redraft league vs. an auction league. In addition, last year there were 13 total articles on auction content, most of the generic information that can be found on any free below average ff website.

So far this year the auction/salary cap content has been light years ahead of what it has been. Keep up the good work.

That's correct.

The Online version of the Draft Dominator is available now at Footballguys.com for our Premium Subscribers.

For the Mobile Draft Dominator app, we're awaiting approval from Apple and Google so we can be in the app stores. We're hoping for 7/7 for Apple and 7/15 for Google but that's out of our control as we're dependent on what Google and Apple do. 

This year, the Draft Dominator mobile app is a free app so people can get a preview of how powerful it is.

To unlock the full power of the app, you'll need a Premium Footballguys subscription.

And as a Footballguys Premium Subscriber, you'll have full online access to the content available in each plan. It's everything you need to crush your draft AND we help you throughout the season with weekly start sit advice and projections, Waiver Wire advice, and much more.

Don’t forget ELITE covers rookies/dynasty content as well. 

Not sure why I was mentioned here as I have no opinion on the team reports as I have not read them yet.

I will give @Joe Bryantcredit here. My biggest complaint was the auction/salary cap content being included in the ELITE plan and not the PRO plan. Once the auction has taken place the content is the same for a redraft league vs. an auction league. In addition, last year there were 13 total articles on auction content, most of the generic information that can be found on any free below average ff website.

So far this year the auction/salary cap content has been light years ahead of what it has been. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! The awesome folks we have creating content deserve all the credit though. Im just the coach putting the players in position to succeed. 

Thanks for noticing and thanks for the kind words. 

only read the last couple pages so idk if anybody mentioned this or if you guys even care...

but the youtube content...how do i say this eloquently...could potentially be improved.
Thanks. Always looking to improve. What specific things do you mean?

Hey Joe, one question I have is where do I direct corrections? For example, there's a piece out on July 8th counting Terry McLaurin among the unsigned wide receivers. He just signed a three-year extension for 71 million dollars. This was being reported as early as late June and he signed it on July 6th. Just wondering who to direct corrections to. There was also a piece on TEs that had Matt Waldman's musings about Albert Okwuegbunam in the Robert Tonyan section or something like that. It's easy stuff to fix, and while I'm sure everyone is busy, you probably want the most recent and most accurate information on the site. 

Looking forward to reading about the linebackers on the All-Opportunity Team. 

Hey Joe, one question I have is where do I direct corrections? For example, there's a piece out on July 8th counting Terry McLaurin among the unsigned wide receivers. He just signed a three-year extension for 71 million dollars. This was being reported as early as late June and he signed it on July 6th. Just wondering who to direct corrections to. There was also a piece on TEs that had Matt Waldman's musings about Albert Okwuegbunam in the Robert Tonyan section or something like that. It's easy stuff to fix, and while I'm sure everyone is busy, you probably want the most recent and most accurate information on the site. 

Looking forward to reading about the linebackers on the All-Opportunity Team. 

Thanks. Best way is shooting an email to both help@footballguys.com and to me at bryant@footballguys.com.

It helps a ton if you can tell us the url link for the page where you're seeing the problem and exactly what you're seeing that's wrong. Thanks.

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, but I would love a complementary tool to the Draft Dominator that accounts for previous league manager draft history. I have been tracking my league mates draft tendencies for many years and do my best to model it in DD. I would want to use it to create and update manager profiles in Draft Dominator annually if needed.
I do this too. It’s really insightful. An import would be amazing as I do it g-sheet now. 

Realizing that ranking/projection accuracy isn’t really something you can control (and something I always ultimately make my own call on), I noticed that the first appearance of FBG on the FantasyPros accuracy list was last year, at 86th. I don’t really understand how someone appears or doesn’t appear on this list, but kind of surprised that Kluge is the only FBG staffer I can find. Ultimately, unless you take the time to enter your own projections, DD runs off of these numbers - making the tool more or less valuable based on the accuracy of staff projections.

Can you share some insight on:

- how the FP accuracy ranking submission process works?

- how you feel the squad is doing overall in terms of ranking/projection accuracy?

I’ve been a subscriber for 17ish years and will continue to do so, but I have also added some other subscriptions to see how it’s done elsewhere and to validate/scrutinize projections. FBG is an incredibly deep and quality product that I’m very loyal to, but the projection thing seems like a gap (at least on the surface).

Keep up the great work, Joe and team. 

Realizing that ranking/projection accuracy isn’t really something you can control (and something I always ultimately make my own call on), I noticed that the first appearance of FBG on the FantasyPros accuracy list was last year, at 86th. I don’t really understand how someone appears or doesn’t appear on this list, but kind of surprised that Kluge is the only FBG staffer I can find. Ultimately, unless you take the time to enter your own projections, DD runs off of these numbers - making the tool more or less valuable based on the accuracy of staff projections.

Can you share some insight on:

- how the FP accuracy ranking submission process works?

- how you feel the squad is doing overall in terms of ranking/projection accuracy?

I’ve been a subscriber for 17ish years and will continue to do so, but I have also added some other subscriptions to see how it’s done elsewhere and to validate/scrutinize projections. FBG is an incredibly deep and quality product that I’m very loyal to, but the projection thing seems like a gap (at least on the surface).

Keep up the great work, Joe and team. 

Hi @-jb-  I have a ton of respect for what David Kim's been able to build there at fantasy pros.

I'm just not a fan of free work for exposure model although clearly that's been super successful for them. Dave had been doing rankings for them previously and he didn't drop last year. We haven't made a decision for this year. He doesn't do projections. 

For how we've done, I think our projections (which are very different and much more difficult than rankings) and our rankings are the best in the industry. It's difficult to objectively put a score on it as there are so many different elements to reward and punish. Is the "game" best played by playing it safe? Is the game best played by taking tons of risks and hoping one hits? And on and on. 

We've instead chosen to focus on what we think is bringing our customers the best and most useful information we can. 

One big part of that is including comments on rankings. Especially with outliers.

And then again, focusing on projections and actual stats are a huge part of the value we bring. Instead of a simple "PPR" or "Non-PPR" categorization, we actually project the actual points we think a player will score in YOUR scoring system. It's way more useful in my opinion. 

Again, respect for what fantasy pros built. They're a much bigger and more successful business with their model. We just prefer what we're doing. 

And most of all, thank you so much for being such a long time subscriber to the premium subscriptions. Folks like you make everything else we do, this forum included, possible. Thank you. 

Hi @-jb-  I have a ton of respect for what David Kim's been able to build there at fantasy pros.

I'm just not a fan of free work for exposure model although clearly that's been super successful for them. Dave had been doing them previously and he didn't drop last year. We haven't made a decision for this year. 

For how we've done, I think our projections (which are very different and much more difficult than rankings) and our rankings are the best in the industry. It's difficult to objectively put a score on it as there are so many different elements to reward and punish. Is the "game" best played by playing it safe? Is the game best played by taking tons of risks and hoping one hits? And on and on. 

We've instead chosen to focus on what we think is bringing our customers the best and most useful information we can. 

One big part of that is including comments on rankings. Especially with outliers.

And then again, focusing on projections and actual stats are a huge part of the value we bring. Instead of a simple "PPR" or "Non-PPR" categorization, we actually project the actual points we think a player will score in YOUR scoring system. It's way more useful in my opinion. 

Again, respect for what fantasy pros built. They're a much bigger and more successful business with their model. We just prefer what we're doing. 
It is very useful.............if it is accurate.  How accurate do you think the projections are?  Does FBG go back to compare projections to actual results to quantify the accuracy of your guys projections?  I don't think I have ever seen that on the site but I may not know where to look.  

That would be a helpful tool for instilling confidence (or lack thereof if it isn't accurate)  in the projections you guys are putting out.

It is very useful.............if it is accurate. 

That's always been the reason we've never done a lot with it. I think it's super difficult to get a grading system that is accurate and useful. Again, it all comes down to scoring the accuracy and what elements are rewarded and more importantly, punished. For lots of these "accuracy" contests, the game theory way to win is submit lists that are nearly ADP. That's never been something we wanted to do.

We'll keep working on it for the future though as I know there are some folks who like this. 

That's always been the reason we've never done a lot with it. I think it's super difficult to get a grading system that is accurate and useful. Again, it all comes down to scoring the accuracy and what elements are rewarded and more importantly, punished. For lots of these "accuracy" contests, the game theory way to win is submit lists that are nearly ADP. That's never been something we wanted to do.

We'll keep working on it for the future though as I know there are some folks who like this. 
Never done a lot with what?  Looking back to see how accurate your projections are?

I don't think you need a grading system per se, but what about just listing it saying you were within 10% of the projected yardage total for Player X,  You were 20% of the projected TD numbers, 30% of the rushes/receptions total, etc.  Just raw data of how close the projections were.  That will have some value.  Seems like a simple spreadsheet with projections/actuals/% difference would work.  Obviously injuries can skew the numbers and if you note that it serves the purpose or you can compare the per game averages for those situations.  I think that kind of info would be helpful.  After a few years of this you could likely see trends on whose methods at projections seem to work better than others.  

Just an idea.  

Never done a lot with what?  Looking back to see how accurate your projections are?

I don't think you need a grading system per se, but what about just listing it saying you were within 10% of the projected yardage total for Player X,  You were 20% of the projected TD numbers, 30% of the rushes/receptions total, etc.  Just raw data of how close the projections were.  That will have some value.  Seems like a simple spreadsheet with projections/actuals/% difference would work.  Obviously injuries can skew the numbers and if you note that it serves the purpose or you can compare the per game averages for those situations.  I think that kind of info would be helpful.  After a few years of this you could likely see trends on whose methods at projections seem to work better than others.  

Just an idea.  
I love the idea. From a consumer of content’s perspective it would be hugely beneficial.

From FBG’s perspective it seems like it could cause some issues. At the end of the day, no matter how educated the guess, it’s still a guess.

Get enough wrong, documented, graded, it could hurt the credibility of that specific writer, and FBG in general. And much of that would be unfair - as you suggest, players get hurt, situations change, etc. couple of OL go down for the Colts, or Matty Ice tears an ACL, Taylor’s numbers probably won’t be what everyone projected. It also might inhibit a writer from going out on a limb and taking chances guessing at a breakout player if they know they’ll be given a D- if they miss. 

In my experience, it’s rare that a FF site grades their own staff in a published for public consumption manner. This seems better suited to a 3rd party (and I’ve seen a few such lists over the years done by Independant researchers).

So yeah - while I’d love to know that one writer was consistently a B+ while another was consistently a C- over a several year span (and such a thing would make manipulating the filters in the draft dominator so much more effective) I can see many good reasons why FBG would not want to do such a thing.

It’s too much of a double-edged sword. 

I'm just not a fan of free work for exposure model although clearly that's been super successful for them. Dave had been doing rankings for them previously and he didn't drop last year. We haven't made a decision for this year. He doesn't do projections. 

And most of all, thank you so much for being such a long time subscriber to the premium subscriptions. Folks like you make everything else we do, this forum included, possible. Thank you. 
Thx, Joe. Totally get it. If they're basing that accuracy list only on rankings, that leaves a lot more margin for error (and useless within DD!). And btw, the thing that keeps me coming back here year-after-year (outside of all the detail you provide, as mentioned) is the community you've built. You know this, of course. 

Keep being groovy.

Thx, Joe. Totally get it. If they're basing that accuracy list only on rankings, that leaves a lot more margin for error (and useless within DD!). And btw, the thing that keeps me coming back here year-after-year (outside of all the detail you provide, as mentioned) is the community you've built. You know this, of course. 

Keep being groovy.

Thanks GB. Very much looking forward to this year. 

I love the idea. From a consumer of content’s perspective it would be hugely beneficial.

From FBG’s perspective it seems like it could cause some issues. At the end of the day, no matter how educated the guess, it’s still a guess.

Get enough wrong, documented, graded, it could hurt the credibility of that specific writer, and FBG in general. And much of that would be unfair - as you suggest, players get hurt, situations change, etc. couple of OL go down for the Colts, or Matty Ice tears an ACL, Taylor’s numbers probably won’t be what everyone projected. It also might inhibit a writer from going out on a limb and taking chances guessing at a breakout player if they know they’ll be given a D- if they miss. 

In my experience, it’s rare that a FF site grades their own staff in a published for public consumption manner. This seems better suited to a 3rd party (and I’ve seen a few such lists over the years done by Independant researchers).

So yeah - while I’d love to know that one writer was consistently a B+ while another was consistently a C- over a several year span (and such a thing would make manipulating the filters in the draft dominator so much more effective) I can see many good reasons why FBG would not want to do such a thing.

It’s too much of a double-edged sword. 
I am not suggesting giving a grade at all.  I am not trying to point fingers at all.  This exercise may show that nobody is within 80% of the numbers so the best is 150% off.  I don't really care to "rank" so to speak.  I just want to see a quantification over time of what seems to work and what doesn't.  I think if taken in the right mind frame this could be a big benefit to the people providing the projections.  They can see what seems to work or what doesn't so they can adjust their methods.

If you never check your work you don't know if what you're doing works or not.   I am not trying to call out people or give them grades (although I do understand many people will do that because they don't understand what is actually being done).   Again, I am just looking for the raw data.  Having that information isn't fair or unfair.  It is just info but I do understand that it could be taken the wrong way.  

Bottom line is this is all guesswork and there are too many factors that can affect the data accuracy that cannot be predicted (injuries primarily).   I just think this would be a benefit to everyone (even those making the projections).  Who knows?  I would hope that the people doing the projections would already have this information because it is critical to developing a good process.  

It is just info but I do understand that it could be taken the wrong way.  
yes, I was just pointing out how it could be misinterpreted.

It could also be misused by a competitor - one site’s attempt at transparency is another site’s “look how inaccurate FBG is! Subscribe to us!” ad. 

Bottom line is this is all guesswork and there are too many factors that can affect the data accuracy that cannot be predicted (injuries primarily).   I just think this would be a benefit to everyone (even those making the projections).  Who knows?  I would hope that the people doing the projections would already have this information because it is critical to developing a good process.  
I agree - as I said, I’d be all for it. And maybe use an asterisk to indicate injury or other peripheral issues to help account for some of the unforeseen circumstances. 

I’m just saying I can also see reasons why FBG may not want to do such a thing. 

Sig is one of the best fantasy football podcasters out there. Tier 1.

The problem is that there isn't anyone else at FBG who can match his quality, which diminishes the overall enjoyment of the podcasts. For example, Sig just had Evan Silva on the couch and it was two heavyweights dropping entertaining knowledge bombs one after another. Sig with Paul Charchian is another great duo. 

Pat Fitzmaurice was closest to Bloom-level quality companion, but unfortunately that was short lived.

Any plans to switch up podcast duties? Introduce someone new into FBG?

Users who are viewing this thread