What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Height and Weight Check in (2 Viewers)

How many lbs are you packing?

• 400+

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 375-399

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 350-374

• 325-349

• 300-324

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • 275-299

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 250-274

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • 225-249

Votes: 30 10.2%
  • 200-224

Votes: 68 23.2%
  • 175-199

Votes: 93 31.7%
  • 150-174

Votes: 51 17.4%
  • less than 150

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
If 5 foot 9 to 5 foot 10 is avg height for a man, we have an unusually tall amount of folks in here. 

Everyone almost in here is at least 5 foot 10. 

Just go ahead and put a poll up for Johnson size, pretty sure everyone will be well above avg.

1200 calories a day

- banana for breakfast

- sandwich for lunch 

- rice, grilled chicken, veggie for dinner 

- water only the entire time, lots of water

treadmill and hour a day for the first 5 or so months til it broke, then moved to stationary bike. I did an hour at a significant pace each day, every day. 

That was it. The main thing was I didn't cheat once.  I didn't have cake for my birthday, I didn't take days off, I didn't have cheat days. In 9 months I went from 295 to 170. 
Great job!  :thumbup:

man, it really is all about the discipline - have a plan and STICK TO IT.

1200 calories a day

- banana for breakfast

- sandwich for lunch 

treadmill and hour a day for the first 5 or so months til it broke, then moved to stationary bike. I did an hour at a significant pace each day, every day. 

That was it. The main thing was I didn't cheat once.  I didn't have cake for my birthday, I didn't take days off, I didn't have cheat days. In 9 months I went from 295 to 170. 
I am in the process of a total GI makeover under Dr's orders/care, I have a digestive disorder I didn't recognize until I started making an effort to lose weight. I was eating salads and exercising but I was having terrible bouts on the throne. 

I was losing a steady 1-2 lbs a week, 1,500 cal/day roughly and walking in excess of 3-5 miles a day, live on the beach so its not that painful to go look at a few bikinis as you stroll along. But then I got handed a list by my Dr of things I had to cut immediately and they included everything I eat. I assumed I could eat what I want as long as I stay under 1500/day...

I got 86'd on all Red Meat, Saus/Bacon/Hotdogs/Brats, I can have skinless chix breast and some fish and that's about it. If you can believe it or not, Whole Wheat which has been a staple of my diet has been taken away from me and that includes a lot more than bread, I was astonished and Im still licking my wounds and feeling sorry for myself as its gonna be hard to be a non red meat eating MOP...I will end up being the Ministry of Peace if I keep going down this road which i must according to the doctor. 

In Jan I was 265-270 lbs, since i started eating better I had managed to get it under 220, 1st week with the new foods I'm allowed and I'm already down under 210 this morning when I weighed...I'm gonna free fall to like 175 lbs at this rate, its a bit scary. 

I'm going to have to start some type of strength training or Im just gonna widdle away to skin n bones.  

I am in the process of a total GI makeover under Dr's orders/care, I have a digestive disorder I didn't recognize until I started making an effort to lose weight. I was eating salads and exercising but I was having terrible bouts on the throne. 

I was losing a steady 1-2 lbs a week, 1,500 cal/day roughly and walking in excess of 3-5 miles a day, live on the beach so its not that painful to go look at a few bikinis as you stroll along. But then I got handed a list by my Dr of things I had to cut immediately and they included everything I eat. I assumed I could eat what I want as long as I stay under 1500/day...

I got 86'd on all Red Meat, Saus/Bacon/Hotdogs/Brats, I can have skinless chix breast and some fish and that's about it. If you can believe it or not, Whole Wheat which has been a staple of my diet has been taken away from me and that includes a lot more than bread, I was astonished and Im still licking my wounds and feeling sorry for myself as its gonna be hard to be a non red meat eating MOP...I will end up being the Ministry of Peace if I keep going down this road which i must according to the doctor. 

In Jan I was 265-270 lbs, since i started eating better I had managed to get it under 220, 1st week with the new foods I'm allowed and I'm already down under 210 this morning when I weighed...I'm gonna free fall to like 175 lbs at this rate, its a bit scary. 

I'm going to have to start some type of strength training or Im just gonna widdle away to skin n bones.  
To your last comment about being skin and bones, yeah that kinda happened to me.  I was dropping 3-4 lbs a week each and every week and some of it was muscle mass as well, but I figured I would just get to my bottom weight and then worry about it then. That's pretty much exactly what happened. When I got within the final 15 lbs I introduced free weights, but that didn't do too much. When I finally finished dropping weight, I looked like a HS girl so I did have to build muscle back up.

1200 calories a day

- banana for breakfast

- sandwich for lunch 

I applaud you for sticking with this but I think I'd rather just be fat.  granted you were like 35 lbs heavier than I ever have been but I just like food and beer to damn much

1200 calories a day

- banana for breakfast

- sandwich for lunch 

Wow, that's awesome! I tip my cap to you, sir. Really impressive, even more so because you've kept it off for 10 years.

Kanil said:
5'11" and I bounce between 185 and 195.
I was there once, about 8 or 9 years ago. Couldn't hardly complete a mile and a half run without nearly puking. Dropped 20 lbs and not only did I fell better, but my cholestoral dropped a bunch, which is good because there is family history there. I have a small build though. So I'm not saying that weight is bad for you. For me, it was a lot of spare tire.

I've been shrinking for 35 years or so.  Still 6' 1&1/2".  I'm a little surprised I have not shrunk more by now, but Im certain more is on the way.

6’-2”, 190.

Once upon a time some buddies and I were getting measured for tuxedos for a wedding. One of those buddies earned his nickname that day.

I need to call old Portly Short and see what he’s up to.

a hair over 6 foot, and a solid 270.

When people guess my weight, they guess 240ish, and when, during a stressful time, I lost weight down to 210, I looked emaciated. Truly "big boned"

Would love to get back to 230 or so, which seemed my best weight

60% of the voters 6 foot or over.  i'd bet a ton against that holding up with official measuring.  i've never met a 5'11'er who didn't push it to 6 foot, so guess it makes sense, even if it's not true.

60% of the voters 6 foot or over.  i'd bet a ton against that holding up with official measuring.  i've never met a 5'11'er who didn't push it to 6 foot, so guess it makes sense, even if it's not true.
Almost as unbelievable as the 50% or so claiming to be under 200 pounds. With the FBG demographics leaning towards the 30-45 crowd, I'd say most are under-stating their weight by 15-20 punds on average while over-stating their height by 2-3 inches

Almost as unbelievable as the 50% or so claiming to be under 200 pounds. With the FBG demographics leaning towards the 30-45 crowd, I'd say most are under-stating their weight by 15-20 punds on average while over-stating their height by 2-3 inches
Or we're just all Spartan-like studs who make bank, screw hot women, cook like chefs, are near Mensa level in intelligence, and are always the life of the party.

It's good to be us.

Or fit people are just more likely to post?

Man, I thought you people were supposed to be jolly........

5'6". Maybe more like 5' 5 3/4".

Not sure about the weight. I've been up to 210-215 range. I think it's more like 190-195 these days. I went on the "work 60+ hours a week moving non-stop and not having time to eat until about 4:00 everyday but eat crap and drink a lot of beer after that" diet a while back. 

6'4" 225, down from 248 the day before my surgery. Start rehab on Wednesday. Gonna drop another 10-15 if all goes as planned.

Users who are viewing this thread