What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have you ever had a league member post your private trade offers on the league message board? (2 Viewers)

doesn't matter if it is "trash" or a  "great offer" I would not post it to the public message board.Everyone is different I guess. Why go out of the way to embarrass someone? Like I said above, decline it or counter it and move on.
You go out of your way to embarrass someone like that in order to prevent those types of trades altogether.  Those types of trades hurt a league more than anything else.

He SAID he was rebuilding and his players were available for picks. If I had more to offer I would have but my other picks were not available. I offered what I had available. Not feeling shame for that. 
Ok. I will try this again and hopefully you can actually answer my questions

1. Do you think a 4th round pick has value for a rebuilding process?

2. Since you answered my last question without answering it (by saying you would offer a counter if you were in his position)... then my follow up is: What would it take off your team to trade Robinson away, if you were him? 

Being an idiot is different than being disrespectful or sarcastic. I still haven't seen anything like that. Except from those responding to him. 

its just like getting intentionally slow rolled at the poker table

against the rules, no

super ##### move, absolutely

your choices are to get over it, or be forever tilted about it
We kicked a guy out of our weekly game for multiple slow rolls.

Being an idiot is different than being disrespectful or sarcastic. I still haven't seen anything like that. Except from those responding to him. 
Well, welcome to a thread that you start where you are openly sarcastic and disagree with everyone's point of view.

I wouldn't have posted it, but I also don't get offended if people discuss my offer or post my offer.  In the past I've had people discuss my offer.  I found out about it because Player 3 entered the match and stole the trade away from Player 2.  I ended up with a higher draft pick because someone wanted advice.

I can also see the side that doesn't want their offers public because then other teams might try and target the players they want, but that's all part of fantasy.

I've gotten many #### offers in the past, but I've also made some #### offers - and some were accepted. So I'll keep sending #### offers with no remorse or shame.  That said, idk if I've ever sent an offer this bad.  Lol, jk, I traded Denard Robinson for pick 2.01 a couple years ago and Ronnie Hillman for Eddie Lacy last year.  You never know what will stick, just own your sh** trades and don't bi*ch about it.

wait, what?  What exactly is a "slow roll"?
When you have a long pause before you call All In after someone else does. 

I think it's also evolved into anything where a pause has no advantage. You're just dragging things out. 

At least, from what I've read online. 

Last edited by a moderator:

2. Since you answered my last question without answering it (by saying you would offer a counter if you were in his position)... then my follow up is: What would it take off your team to trade Robinson away, if you were him? 
@hoffman0001

wait, what?  What exactly is a "slow roll"?
Nothing at all like a lowball offer.

It's when the player knows he's won but takes an inordinate amount of time, usually acting like he's lost, or shows one card, giving the impression he's lost, then flips over the winner. 

When you have a long pause before you call All In after someone else does. 
not exactly

a slow roll is typically when you have the best hand, and know it, and take longer than normal to call someones bet or turn your hand over at the showdown

example, if you have AA

board is AA324 rainbow, your opponent shoves all his money in, and you dont call instantly, but instead think about it for awhile, then call his bet

that is a slowroll

damn we all posted at once lol

It's when the player knows he's won but takes an inordinate amount of time, usually acting like he's lost, or shows one card, giving the impression he's lost, then flips over the winner. 
So he pulled a Maverick?

Oh ok I gotcha.  The long pause knowing you have won.

Yeah, stupid.  Deserves a beat down.

most people do it cuz they see it in movies and they think its funny or gamesmanship but its really just annoying and rude

The comparison was "not against the rules but annoying"

The comparison was "not against the rules but annoying"
Not sure it is a good comparison.  The slow roller is just being a jerk.

In this case, the guy was reacting to the worst offer of all time.

One was an action, one was a REaction. Not the same.

I pretty much agree that it's poor form to post trade offers from other owners when those offers are in the same zip code, but when it's so ridiculously lopsided I feel like it's a different story. Sometimes a public shaming is in order. 

@hoffman0001
@hoffman0001

No. Because Maverick needed the time to use his mind to draw the Ace of Spades to the top of the deck.  :D
Yeah, but when he saw it he acted like he didn't pull the card he needed, then tossed it on the pot for the win.

Maybe it doesn't count when it it the final hand :obc:

Not sure why you're bulldogging this point, it's irrelevant.  What the guy is worth to the offerer is not relevant.  The point is to get him as cheap as possible.  What's relevant is what he's worth to the holder of the player.  I rarely lead with my best offer and rarely get someone else's best offer to open.

That said, there's a point of lunacy in lowball offers and when you pass it you can expect consequences.  Go ahead and offer them all you want, just don't ##### when those consequences manifest.

Not sure it is a good comparison.  The slow roller is just being a jerk.

In this case, the guy was reacting to the worst offer of all time.

One was an action, one was a REaction. Not the same.
I was just letting you know when the comparison came from. Not my opinion. 

doesn't matter if it is "trash" or a  "great offer" I would not post it to the public message board.Everyone is different I guess. Why go out of the way to embarrass someone? Like I said above, decline it or counter it and move on.
Protip:  He's not giving us the whole story.  He never does.

I pretty much agree that it's poor form to post trade offers from other owners when those offers are in the same zip code, but when it's so ridiculously lopsided I feel like it's a different story. Sometimes a public shaming is in order. 
Yeah, agree here. 

I made an offer, he was free to counter and work on a deal. That's how deals get done. Eveyone values players, picks, and trades differently. Otherwise the league sites would have some sort of "trade 2000" process all trades based on some metrics. Hell I had A.P. in his prime and I was offered a 3rd rounder for him. Did I post in on the message board? no, I countered and we worked out a deal. That's how trades work. 

Yeah, but when he saw it he acted like he didn't pull the card he needed, then tossed it on the pot for the win.

Maybe it doesn't count when it it the final hand :obc:
Hahahaha. I forgot that. Definitely a "slow roll" at the end. Maybe Hoffman and the Trade Posting Guy are actually father and son?!?!

Threads not going the way the OP intended are always appreciated.

Special thanks to @JohnW1970 for adding the original offers, then dropping the mic.

Sexual Chocolate!!!

I made an offer, he was free to counter and work on a deal. That's how deals get done. Eveyone values players, picks, and trades differently. Otherwise the league sites would have some sore of "trade 2000" process all trades based on some metrics. Hell I had A.P. in his prime and I was offered a 3rd rounder for him. Did I post in on the message board? no, I countered and we worked out a deal. That's how trades work. 
But you're not acknowledging the point Brew is making.  If you would never accept the trade then chances are it's a bad trade.  Of course you are trying to get the best value but in some case you're just outright trying to take advantage of someone.  Taking advantage of bad players is fine but when you get called out for it I think you just have to take your lumps and move on.  Getting defensive about it just makes it worse and I'm guessing people will be less likely to want to trade with you in the future.

In all seriousness guys, I value the input. I think the shark bites about the trade were off-topic but I can handle it. Much love to all, even the haters for your time. I think we will agree to disagree, but I was glad to hear some input. 

@Hawkeye21 nailed it.

These type of trades hurt leagues. Not all leagues, not EVERY league, but most leagues I have seen have multiple owners that get pissy and start never ending email chains when a trade like this goes down.

@Hawkeye21 nailed it.

These type of trades hurt leagues. Not all leagues, not EVERY league, but most leagues I have seen have multiple owners that get pissy and start never ending email chains when a trade like this goes down.
Eventually it will lead to fewer and fewer trades which is never good for any league.

In all seriousness guys, I value the input. I think the shark bites about the trade were off-topic but I can handle it. Much love to all, even the haters for your time. I think we will agree to disagree, but I was glad to hear some input. 

Now I feel the need to start a topic.

Users who are viewing this thread