What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have you ever had a league member post your private trade offers on the league message board? (1 Viewer)

You're insulting his intelligence. Trying to take advantage of him being a new member of the league. 

If it were a reasonable trade that's one thing but to offer such garbage... no one's ever going to want to trade with you if you keep throwing those offers out there. That's like going to buy a house and coming in with your first offer 100k below asking price. 

It's equally poor form to lowball someone so ridiculously as you did. If I were him I wouldn't even reject the trades. Just let them sit there forever for you to realize how much of an ### hat you were in offering them in the first place 
A guy did that in our league and the trade sat there for 2 months.  Then the player they were asking for had a season ending injury and the other team promptly hit accept.  It was sneaky but there was nothing we could do by league rules the trade was offered and accepted.

A guy did that in our league and the trade sat there for 2 months.  Then the player they were asking for had a season ending injury and the other team promptly hit accept.  It was sneaky but there was nothing we could do by league rules the trade was offered and accepted.
I think that's why most leagues have a time period before a trade is no longer valid.  I think a week is long enough for a trade offer to sit there.

This is the exact reason I don't let trade offers sit out there for more than a few hours or so. When I withdraw the offer sometimes people get mad, though I generally send an email after withdrawing telling them I don't let offers sit on the table for a long time for that exact reason.

I see no problem at all with the guy who accepted the offer.  It was the other guy's fault for letting it sit there.

I think that's why most leagues have a time period before a trade is no longer valid.  I think a week is long enough for a trade offer to sit there.
When I make an offer and it sits there for more than a couple of days I just pull it. I never let it sit more than a week.  Many times when I have done that the team will come back with an offer.

Asks if overreacting.

Told he's overreacting.

Overreacts disputing he's not overreacting.

FBG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to take a flyer on him. Am I willing to trade more for him? maybe. That's for the parties to discuss privately. that is my issue. 
Would you accept a 4th round pick and Patterson or Quick for him
Your lack of response here is very telling. So then I guess I won't ask my next question to you: If you were the owner of the other team what would it take off your current roster for you to trade Robinson away? 

Your silence on this question is exactly why you aren't earning any support in this thread. 

Once you can seriously answer those two questions then I will start taking you seriously: 
1. would you accept a 4th rounder and Patterson or Quick (or even both!!!) for Robinson? 
2. What would it take if you both switched rosters, for you to trade Robinson away

When I make an offer and it sits there for more than a couple of days I just pull it. I never let it sit more than a week.  Many times when I have done that the team will come back with an offer.
I cancel my trade offers Sunday morning before kickoff. Just in case the guy I'm asking for gets hurt. 

Ummm then you negotiate. I get trades I don't like every day in multiple leagues. I either counter or respectfully pass. I don't share the offer to the world. it's poor form. 
You seem to be respectful about very little.  You're rarely respectful of anyone in the dynasty trade thread.  You're not being respectful in here treating everyone like we're a bunch of inbred idiots that have never played fantasy football before with your "he was the #71 rated player last year so he's just worth a 4th round rookie flyer" garbage.

My guess is there is more to this story than you're leading on (as there already was with your refusal to post the offer).  I'm guessing this guy got tired of your crap, as many around here are, and that's why he did it.

Serious question (not meaning it to be insulting), how old are you?

I have said many times, I get LAME offers in many leagues every day. If I don't like them I pass, or counter. I don't air private conversations. I'm not hear to debate a trade guys. Should I post every lame trade I get on my league message boards? NO, I would never do that. Its not good sportsmanship. If your telling me your never made a trade offer for less than you value a player, your lying to yourself. 

I treat my leaguemates with respect.  That's something you apparently missed.

If you're going to act like the north end of a southbound horse, you should expect negative reactions.  I might remind you that you are the one who solicited opinions here.  You don't like what you are hearing because you think you deserve to be propped up in this.  You could use this as an unintended learning experience, or you can continue rationalizing your poor behavior.  

My laat piece of advice in this thread:  If everyone around you tells you that you're stinking drunk, it might be time to put down the bottle.

Your lack of response here is very telling. So then I guess I won't ask my next question to you: If you were the owner of the other team what would it take off your current roster for you to trade Robinson away? 

Your silence on this question is exactly why you aren't earning any support in this thread. 

Once you can seriously answer those two questions then I will start taking you seriously: 
1. would you accept a 4th rounder and Patterson or Quick (or even both!!!) for Robinson? 
2. What would it take if you both switched rosters, for you to trade Robinson away
I would make a counter offer, or send the person an email. Not post on a league message board. I get bad offers all the time and I pass our counter. end of story. 

Yeah, under normal circumstances trade activities should generally be kept between the parties involved.

Alternatively though, I had a guy in my league offer up Ahmad Bradshaw right after he got injured (for the season) to the Gio owner in his rookie season (re-draft) a few seasons ago. Bradshaw owner was hoping the injury would go unnoticed, and Gio was a surprising top 15 player at the time who didn't quite carry the same name brand value as the other players in the Top 15. That trade was posted publicly and he was ridiculed for it.

Your offer is even worse than that. It deserves public ridicule and probably will lead to you developing a sleazy trade reputation, which isn't entirely undeserved. He's saving the rest of the league from even bothering to hear what you're offering.

These kinds of trade offers tend to undermine the integrity of the league the offering member is a part of. If it takes a public message board shaming to weed out that kind of behavior, so be it.

I treat my leaguemates with respect.  That's something you apparently missed.

If you're going to act like the north end of a southbound horse, you should expect negative reactions.  I might remind you that you are the one who solicited opinions here.  You don't like what you are hearing because you think you deserve to be propped up in this.  You could use this as an unintended learning experience, or you can continue rationalizing your poor behavior.  

My laat piece of advice in this thread:  If everyone around you tells you that you're stinking drunk, it might be time to put down the bottle.
If I posted every offer I got that I did not like on the message board it would be a full time job. 

I will admit that I have tried to take advantage of certain league members to see if they knew what they were doing by offering a crappy trade.  Would try to get a big name player that was currently struggling by offering one of my bench guys that was doing better.  Never worked but I tried.  If he called me out on it I would have told them that's exactly what I was doing and told them it was worth a try.  I don't do it very often because I don't want that reputation but occasionally I'll try it.

I will admit that I have tried to take advantage of certain league members to see if they knew what they were doing by offering a crappy trade.  Would try to get a big name player that was currently struggling by offering one of my bench guys that was doing better.  Never worked but I tried.  If he called me out on it I would have told them that's exactly what I was doing and told them it was worth a try.  I don't do it very often because I don't want that reputation but occasionally I'll try it.
Exactly. Its part of a trade discussion. He specifically posted on the boards that we was in rebuilding mode and looking for picks. I made an offer. Either take it, counter or pass. 

Exactly. Its part of a trade discussion. He specifically posted on the boards that we was in rebuilding mode and looking for picks. I made an offer. Either take it, counter or pass. 
Yes, but I wouldn't have an issue with the person getting upset with me or posting in on the message board because I know I offered a terrible trade and was trying to take advantage of him.   I'd have no problem owning up to it.

If I posted every offer I got that I did not like on the message board it would be a full time job. 

Ahhhh, the old "Everyone else pissed on the homeless guy, so I did it too" defense.  Even if it were true - and I'm skeptical given your behavior here - do you think this makes your behavior acceptable?

Ahhhh, the old "Everyone else pissed on the homeless guy, so I did it too" defense.  Even if it were true - and I'm skeptical given your behavior here - do you think this makes your behavior acceptable?
What, making a trade offer? I'm not sorry for that. He said he was rebuilding and he said he was looking for picks. So i made him an offer. He had the right to counter, or pass. and he if hand countered or sent a private email maybe we would have met in the middle. That is how negotiations work. 

What, making a trade offer? I'm not sorry for that. He said he was rebuilding and he said he was looking for picks. So i made him an offer. He had the right to counter, or pass. and he if hand countered or sent a private email maybe we would have met in the middle. That is how negotiations work. 
He also has the right to post that info to others unless stated in some league rules.

This thread alone provides us all enough insight as to why he posted the offer on your league board.  You are clearly a tool and deserved it.

:cstu:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think the Shark Tank is simply earning it's name and you want to take some cheap shots. I think if this happened to you you'd be upset as well. 

Maybe he posted it to 'all' by accident.

Or did he post: 'Hey everyone look at this weak attempt at a rip-off.'

Maybe he posted it to 'all' by accident.

Or did he post: 'Hey everyone look at this weak attempt at a rip-off.'
Again if I did that in every league for every deal I did not like, the message board would be full. Everyone values trades differently. That's why people negotiate. Let me guess when you go in an buy a car you walk in with a check with the sticker price in hand...get real man. 

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think the Shark Tank is simply earning it's name and you want to take some cheap shots. I think if this happened to you you'd be upset as well. 
If I offered pick 3 for Robinson I might be upset if he posted it, UNLESS he posted it with a message like "I am accepting this offer for RObinson unless someone can beat it".  That usually shows me he is a smarter owner, and also makes for a bit of fun message board chatter. 

Now, if I offer a 3rd round pick for Robinson, I deserve whatever happens. 

Again if I did that in every league for every deal I did not like, the message board would be full. Everyone values trades differently. That's why people negotiate. Let me guess when you go in an buy a car you walk in with a check with the sticker price in hand...get real man. 
No, when I go and try to buy a $30,000 car I walk in with a check for $2,000, and then I ##### and moan when I get made fun of.

If I offered pick 3 for Robinson I might be upset if he posted it, UNLESS he posted it with a message like "I am accepting this offer for RObinson unless someone can beat it".  That usually shows me he is a smarter owner, and also makes for a bit of fun message board chatter. 

Now, if I offer a 3rd round pick for Robinson, I deserve whatever happens. 
oh brother. I'm sure you NEVER tried to get a value in a trade...

Posting a rejected trade is poor style. 

That trade offer was complete trash. Quick, Patterson and a 4th are barely rosterable assets. I would've thought you were joking if I was new to the league. Or a complete jerk trying to rip off the new guy. Your only saving grace is that you'd previously completed a trade. If you're other trade was lopsided to his side then it shows your valuation of players is... unique. At which point it's back to being poor style. Otherwise, your ridiculous offer is the root of the problem and him posting it is the poop flower. 

I have a feeling most here would never make that trade offer and if they did get called out for it they wouldn't have handled it like you did.  I could be wrong though.

If you truly thought you offered him a good trade then you wouldn't be upset that the rest of your league saw it.

Let's be real, like he's already left out information, he's leaving out even more info still.  Judging by his posting here he's likely annoyed this potential trade partner before and the guy just got fed up with it.

We all know Hoffman's type.  Goes around acting like a tool to people, then when someone acts 1/10th of the way back he gets all offended and up in arms and goes and complains to other people about it while leaving out the majority of the pertinent info that would make him look bad.

I think (hope?) from his posts that he's just a young kid and will grow out of it.

He probably thought it was a joke and found it so humorous, he shared it with everyone else so they could get a good laugh too.

I have received low balls offers (and surely sent some as well) put would never post them on the message board. Decline it, or counter and move on.

Pretty much a #### move in my opinion.

No, I offer them a quarter and when they look surprised, I get all up in arm and say "Well the sign out front said you were selling cars".

Let's be real, like he's already left out information, he's leaving out even more info still.  Judging by his posting here he's likely annoyed this potential trade partner before and the guy just got fed up with it.

We all know Hoffman's type.  Goes around acting like a tool to people, then when someone acts 1/10th of the way back he gets all offended and up in arms and goes and complains to other people about it while leaving out the majority of the pertinent info that would make him look bad.

I think (hope?) from his posts that he's just a young kid and will grow out of it.
They're known as narcissistic sociopaths.

Funny. While I agree that the offer for AROB is garbage, I didn't see anything in this thread to suggest he is disrespectful or a tool or any of the other insults that have been hurled at him here. He is just stating his position in a calm manner. 

I had a trade offer of mine posted once. It did piss me off. Because the other guy got the details wrong. He left out one of the bigger pieces I had offered, which made it look much worse. I told him to get his story straight and it devolved until I told him to go eff himself. The other mates backed me up because it really wasn't a bad offer. That guy is now out of the league. It is poor form. 

But dude. AROB for a 4th and a middling player. Gotta come stronger than that. I'll defend you though and if it were me I would respond to you directly. 

I have received low balls offers (and surely sent some as well) put would never post them on the message board. Decline it, or counter and move on.

Pretty much a #### move in my opinion.
If anyone would be that upset about others seeing their trade offer then chances are that offer was complete trash and you're embarrassed because of it.  If you felt it was a great offer then I would think it wouldn't bother you.

No, when I go and try to buy a $30,000 car I walk in with a check for $2,000, and then I ##### and moan when I get made fun of.
He SAID he was rebuilding and his players were available for picks. If I had more to offer I would have but my other picks were not available. I offered what I had available. Not feeling shame for that. 

Funny. While I agree that the offer for AROB is garbage, I didn't see anything in this thread to suggest he is disrespectful or a tool or any of the other insults that have been hurled at him here. He is just stating his position in a calm manner. 
Not really much to agree with here.  He posted without any sort of context, couldn't handle/answer the responses/questions posted, and quickly turned into a sarcastic moron. 

I guess people really can look at the same thing two completely different ways.

He SAID he was rebuilding and his players were available for picks. If I had more to offer I would have but my other picks were not available. I offered what I had available. Not feeling shame for that. 
Why are you trying to justify one of the worst offers any of us have ever seen?

If anyone would be that upset about others seeing their trade offer then chances are that offer was complete trash and you're embarrassed because of it.  If you felt it was a great offer then I would think it wouldn't bother you.
doesn't matter if it is "trash" or a  "great offer" I would not post it to the public message board.Everyone is different I guess. Why go out of the way to embarrass someone? Like I said above, decline it or counter it and move on.

A few in our league may have been slightly upset about it. A handful of us (if we may your offer and it was posted on the board), would have :lmao:  with the other owners about the weak offer. Man, get over it.

As a matter of fact, we should all be talking about how great my team is.

I guess my main thought is, why get so upset about others seeing the trade?  If he accepted the trade everyone would have seen it then and I doubt you would be upset then.  Who cares if others see your trade offers?

Users who are viewing this thread