What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay Packers Thread (1 Viewer)

So there was the TE. Hope he stays healthy as that seems the concern.

Then two trade backs. Could see S or WR (id love Wyatt from Tennessee)

not a fan of a receiver in round two at all. Musgrove is a mismatch but huge question about durability - this could end up being a steal. Should have went OL or DL with other second rounder.

Reed also has return experience. I don’t hate the pick. Id guess much of the rest of this draft is OL and DB and D line.

2 TEs was interesting. Just be better than Deguara and Sternberger were as picks.

Though Tucker Kraft is already a Wisconsin guy…just look at that draft party. And a later story where he apologized to the Packer PR person…saying “yes sir” to her. Then saying he had a few drinks while waiting for his name to be called.

top comment: "That's the most Wisconsin looking draft party I've ever seen. This was destiny."

Really would like to see Packers take a qb - Jake Haener is someone I would love to see on the team.

Need to find more DL depth as well. Gute usually takes a few OL mid to late so I have no doubt that will be coming. It’s a sound strategy.

I was disappointed about passing on Branch and then the trade to see Detroit take him. Maybe JL Skinner in the 4th if he's there? There are still OL out there but am not sure if they have they have the versatility that normally fits the scheme. There are so many picks to play with, it will be interesting to see how they go. Looking at what's left, I like some of they names, just curious to see who fits.

I was disappointed about passing on Branch and then the trade to see Detroit take him. Maybe JL Skinner in the 4th if he's there? There are still OL out there but am not sure if they have they have the versatility that normally fits the scheme. There are so many picks to play with, it will be interesting to see how they go. Looking at what's left, I like some of they names, just curious to see who fits.
I think there is risk with Branch. He's not a true safety and more of a nickel back. If the Packers were a safety away from the SuperBowl then he would probably be my pick. But I don't think this draft is about this year. It's about next year and the years after that. It seems like that is how the Packers are approaching this season. They are taking the salary cap hit for Rodgers this year and he's totally off the cap next year. Their draft picks all have huge potential and growth potential and may take a year or two to develop.

I'm hoping (and expect) the Packers to focus on safety, defensive line and offensive line today. Maybe a trade up or two. They have lots of picks to do so. And maybe a late round kicker. And a 7th round WR flyer.

Posted this in the Aaron Rodgers thread.

I had pretty mixed feelings about the Packers moving on from Rodgers but after Tuesday's Aaron Rodgers press conference I'm so done with him. His douchiness was on full display.

It was the Packers fault they couldn't reach him because he has poor cell service at his home? Come on Aaron. If you don't want to talk to them, just say it. There's nothing more to talk about. But give this BS story about how they should have face-timed you? If you have wifi to facetime, you have wifi for cell service. This relationship was way beyond salvagable and Gutenkust did well getting a decent package for him.

And then Rodgers says he's going to show up at Jets off-season practice on Wednesday (and OTAs in a couple of weeks) when he couldn't do it with the Packers despite them paying him $50 mil? His narrative that he was all-in with the Packers but it was Gutey's fault cause Gutey wasn't kind of falls apart. He's already put in more effort getting to know his new Jet's teammates than he did all of last off-season getting to know his new WRs last year.

I'm excited to move on to a new era in Packers football.

Initial thoughts on the draft: I hated that they took a receiver in the second round but other than that I liked this draft a lot.

Defensive Line was absolutely the correct pick in the first. They got their move and inline tight ends which should really help the offense out as they run a ton of 12 personnel. And their later picks were used on players with excellent measurables that could potentially be coached up.

This is a good start for the rebuild.

Last edited:
Signed a safety…Jonathan Owens. Not sure enough about him yet. Other than he is married to Simone Biles. Id guess they have a good chance at athletic kids should they choose to have any.

Signed a safety…Jonathan Owens. Not sure enough about him yet. Other than he is married to Simone Biles. Id guess they have a good chance at athletic kids should they choose to have any.

Owens played for Houston last year. He was a UDFA and started a bunch of games for them last year. He's outperformed his draft status in his career. I know he can fill a stat sheet with tackles when given the chance, but I have no idea how he is in coverage, really. I do know that by the end of last year, Jalen Pitre was playing rover for the Houston defense and made Owens somewhat expendable.

I rostered him in IDP last year, so I got to see him play. He's not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination. At least I don't think he is. He's got a good attitude, anyway.

I haven’t seen his PFF grades from last year, but the eye test and team reporter chatter was that he sucks in coverage.

Game 1 in the books and a glorious win over the Bears.

Good type of game for the coaches. Dominated the scoreboard and in the 2nd half with a big win over a rival…but enough mistakes to coach the team up over.

Love looked good…not perfect…but definitely looked like he belonged as a starting QB. Doesn’t seem to get rattled.

The injury will now affect this…but Lafleur takes so ling before he figures out how good Aaron Jones is.

Oline was quite good…and on that topic..people can bash the front office for not giving QBs weapons over the years. But they always seem to put stock in a solid Oline. Rodgers was protected far better in GB than what he had going into NYJ and he was pressured every drop back. Look at the Packers game and Love was kept quite clean. I think some overestimate wrs and under the importance of that Oline.

D…Savage had an actual good game. Impressed with the whole D front really. Have to work on some tackling. Was awesome seeing LVN fly and get the sack on Fields. secondary played well…but may need to limit Nixon’s play at corner. Great return guy but his coverage is lacking. Happy with the physicality i saw from Save, Douglas, and Jaire on those blown up swings and screens.

And good on Carlson shaking off the shaky camp and drilling a 52 yard fg for his first nfl FG.

2 interesting weeks after that Bears game.
In ATL played 3 quarters of pretty good football and a quarter of stink fest. Loss.
At home vs. NO...played 3+ quarters of bad football and then all of a sudden played well.

That is the ups and downs of a young team.

The good of all of it...Jordan Love can play. Is he great/elite? Not sure on all that yet. But he is really good. I love the confidence and just doesn't get down...seems calm and cool and prepared for any of it.

The downside of yesterday is a future problem...but will be creeping up as we go this year.

Trying to keep Rashan Gary...because they need to extend him...and Jordan Love. And the going rate for QBs is pretty set...as it is for pass rushers. Good problem to have I guess.

I crushed the Jordan Love pick at a time when there was a slight window - also looked even worse when reports said he was struggling in practices.

Now he is playing and although there are still questions - I have become a fan for this simple reason - He has moxie. Terrible throw, down a few scores, doesn’t matter , he keeps coming. I am really interested to see how his game progresses but it’s pretty hard not to be impressed so far.

Bahktiari now to IR. So at least missing the next 4 games but given this goes back now over two years…who knows what his availability will be even after the 4 weeks.

Sucks all around as he is so damn good when in there.

Bahktiari now to IR. So at least missing the next 4 games but given this goes back now over two years…who knows what his availability will be even after the 4 weeks.

He is never in there. Needs to be cut after this year. Sucking up a roster spot and cap space.

He is never in there. Needs to be cut after this year. Sucking up a roster spot and cap space.
He may very well retire if his knee can’t hold for any more than 50ish snaps in one game.
No matter what…his $19 mil bonus will count against the cap next season. What changes is the $21 million salary for next year. There is not a chance he gets that.

Put a lot of that loss on LaFleur. How many times did Jones touch the ball in the first half?
Pass rush getting through the line and still deep drops looking downfield. Love has to be better to getting rid of the ball and taking the outlets…but feel LaFleur left him exposed with the game-plan early.

Lafleur rips into DC Berry in press conference saying it was insane to keep using the same scheme and expecting different results.

Also…quit giving Milwaukee ticket holders games if the stadium is going to have that many visiting fans. Piss poor showing out of the gold package.
They do need to do something about reselling the tickets to non-Packer fans. But think about it. Thursday night game. You would have to take Thursday afternoon off, Friday off, the price of tickets and gas, and then possibly an overnight stay at a hotel (minimum of 2 night stay on game days). Add it all up and you are looking at a lot of money spent for those fans. Several hundreds of dollars at the very minimum. Perhaps don't make weekly night games gold ticket packages.

Put a lot of that loss on LaFleur. How many times did Jones touch the ball in the first half?
Pass rush getting through the line and still deep drops looking downfield. Love has to be better to getting rid of the ball and taking the outlets…but feel LaFleur left him exposed with the game-plan early.
Jones was more likely on a pitch count.

Jones was more likely on a pitch count.
Sure…but I really don’t recall him even touching the ball in the first half. Why even put him out there?

Lafleur rips into DC Berry in press conference saying it was insane to keep using the same scheme and expecting different results.
That’s all on LaFleur. The DC is his hire. Berry sucked last year. He has sucked this year. Nothing has changed — so that’s on LaFleur.

That’s all on LaFleur. The DC is his hire. Berry sucked last year. He has sucked this year. Nothing has changed — so that’s on LaFleur.
Yes as much as I like him…he keeps Barry and keeps doing the same things with respect to ignoring the run (and especially Jones) and taking too long to get out of the deep drops when his qb is getting pressured constantly (and that goes back with Rodgers too).
He is a good coach…but definitely needs strong coordinators to be able to assist.

Yes as much as I like him…he keeps Barry and keeps doing the same things with respect to ignoring the run (and especially Jones) and taking too long to get out of the deep drops when his qb is getting pressured constantly (and that goes back with Rodgers too).
He is a good coach…but definitely needs strong coordinators to be able to assist.
He also continues to oversee a team with special teams mistakes that are repeated (like stubbornly having the KR keep bringing the ball out of the endzone…..)

Not sure thats a decision any of them make other than…giving Nixon the choice. Because he has been a pretty damn good returner.

two get right games (@ LV MNF, @ DEN) sandwiched around a bye week

followed by 5 out of 8 at home…

…last 5 are all winnable games for GB: ( @ NYG, TB, CAR, @MIN, CHI.)

Detroit ain’t running away with the North if y’all get things cleaned up.

This team is a dumpster fire.
They cannot get out of their own way in any phase of the game really. Slow starts that seem to show they just aren't really ready to go out there each week. I don't understand the usage of Aaron Jones at all...if he is healthy...use him. When they do, its usually positive plays. I have defended Lafleur but there is nothing to defend anymore. He just isn't handling this at all.
And when they did have some positive things...they would take a step back right after that with a penalty or some lack of effort plays. And if I see one more goalline shot gun delay run to Dillon I may throw up.

And I still don't know what Jordan Love is...he makes some good plays...then some that just make no sense. The int yesterday was another underthrow (though, safety over the top may have forced that) Reed though has to get up and get that...he cannot let the defender take it away that easily (that was one of the lack of effort plays). The other lack of effort stuff also involves Love still trying to force things to Watson that aren't there...and Watson rarely fights for a ball it seems. He wants to be a #1 WR but it doesn't show in his play. Doubs is about the only guy I feel puts out that effort as a WR. But Love just doesn't show me anything really special at all. Its not all on him, there don't seem to be guys open, when they are open they have drop issues, but Love's accuracy is a big problem. FFS Tyson Bagent looks more competent for a bad Bears team.

The OL used to be a strength...but seems it was just anchored by Bahktiari when he was healthy. That whole group has been a huge disappointment. And the D has had so much investment in it...yet still stinks. And there are constant mental errors. Barry should have been gone long ago (well, never hired)...its a huge reason Lafleur may have to go because he just keeps him around despite the D never being good.

MLF/Gute don't deserve a pass on this

The roster stinks. The guys they paid aren't performing

And they aren't winning any toughness or strategy battles right now.

Im ready for a new regime.

MLF/Gute don't deserve a pass on this

The roster stinks. The guys they paid aren't performing

And they aren't winning any toughness or strategy battles right now.

Im ready for a new regime.
Just horrible decision making from the front office coupled with terrible coaching. Packers need to jettison these two right after the season.

Jordan Love isn’t the answer here but to be 100% certain keep letting him play. If he continues to show nothing play Clifford the last couple of games to see if he can be the backup next year for whoever replaces Love.

Packers could be worst team in league right now. Would love if they could get into position to draft Drake Maye although now I think Maye might go number 1.

Packers are the worst team in the league by far…. Not a single 100 yard performance from any RB or WR yet half way into the season! That has a to be a record of some sort… first ballot Hall of Dunces

Users who are viewing this thread