What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gary Barnidge (3 Viewers)

The mccown to barnidge connection was as strong as ever tonight... But that throwing shoulder injury has to be the final straw. What a shame

Last edited by a moderator:
iamkoza said:
The mccown to barnidge connection was as strong as ever tonight... But that throwing shoulder injury has to be the final straw. What a shame
Barnidge was my strong point all season. No McCown may be the straw that broke this camels back.

His last game with Manziel looked pretty promising.

It appears that he and Benjamin will be the primary target regardless of QB.

I didn't follow the MNF game too closely. When Austin came in, how was his repore with Branidge? I don't expect there to be too much change with his involvement in the offense, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

I didn't follow the MNF game too closely. When Austin came in, how was his repore with Branidge? I don't expect there to be too much change with his involvement in the offense, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.
Very limited sample set but Davis did seem to look to the wide receivers first. I'm struggling to recall if Barnidge had more than one target with Davis at QB.

Hard to say if that would carry into future games or not.

Thanks.
Very limited sample set but Davis did seem to look to the wide receivers first. I'm struggling to recall if Barnidge had more than one target with Davis at QB.

Hard to say if that would carry into future games or not.
Jared Cook got plenty of targets from him in his starts last year

Looks like an extension will happen today.

-------------------------------

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago
Barnidge was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in 2016 following this breakout season. Good for Browns locking him up now

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
Barnidge had never caught more than 13 passes for over 250 yrds in 7 prior seasons. Has 60 catches for 817 w/7tds in 15. Had 3 tds in 90 G

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 11m11 minutes ago
Browns extension with breakout TE Gary Barnidge is imminent I'm told. Great story in a bleak Browns season. Top 3 receiving TE this year

So what are Barnidge owners thinking this week? Very tough matchup where points are not going to be easy to find in Seattle. I hate to bench him but compared to what is on the wire, he may be the best hope

I have both Barnidge and Watson . Sea and Det both have very similar stats given up to TEs except Det gives up .77TDs/game whereas I believe Sea gives up .56TDs/ game. That and just a feeling Sea will confound Manziel. I'm leaning to Watson at this moment.

Have barnidge and reed, probably not going to decide until Sunday like last week... I know matchup says Seattle gives up points to te, but still hard to trust midget qb on road

Anyone starting him championship week? #1 def against TEs. I'm really leary of it but with Watson ailing I might not have a choice.

This guy is great.

First he rents an entire movie complex for a showing of the new Star Wars movie for his entire team and any fans who wanted to attend.

Gary Barnidge
@garybarnidgeChristmas Eve 730 at regal Crocker I have a theater rented out for Star Wars. First come first serve on seating to join myself and teammates

4:41 PM - 22 Dec 2015

Gary Barnidge@garybarnidge Dec 24
Thanks to everyone that came out to the movie giveaway, hope you had a great time

Then this:

(you have to go to the story to see the photograph of Barnidge in the full Christmas Story Ralphie pink onezie bunny suit, lol.

This guy is great, I love him.

--------------

Gary Barnidge@garybarnidge 21h21 hours ago
Just enjoying a little Christmas Story today in my Christmas pajamas

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2602368-browns-te-gary-barnidge-is-all-dressed-up-for-a-christmas-story-marathon?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

Browns TE Gary Barnidge Is All Dressed Up for 'A Christmas Story' Marathon By Kyle Newport, Featured Columnist

Dec 25, 2015

t's safe to say Cleveland Browns tight end Gary Barnidge is ready for the all-day A Christmas Story marathon on TBS.

On Christmas morning, Barnidge, 30, tweeted out a photo of himself chilling in bed wearing a pink bunny suit. You know, the pink bunny suit that Ralphie wears in A Christmas Story.

Nailed it.

You may notice the bunny suit is a tad small on the 6'6", 250-pound tight end. Per Tom Reed of Cleveland.com, Barnidge was unable to find an XXL, so he had to settle for an XL.

"The extra large is short in the legs," Barnidge said, per Reed. "But it fits, somehow. Ears don't stand up right."

He made it work, bare ankles and all, and that's all that matters.
I addition to his sense of humor and great relationship with fans he does a heck of a lot of charity work as well.

Just a great guy and a credit to the league.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/for_gary_barnidge_its_a_wonder.html

Tremendous year for Barnidge. Very consistent production throughout the year. I haven't looked yet but because ends as TE3 (Gronk/Reed)?

Great year, but all said, I'm not sure I'm ready to proclaim "solid TE1" for 2016 with a target hog like Gordon possibly coming back, other possible WR upgrades and possible they're starting a rookie QB again.

Gary Barnidge caught 8-of-13 targets for 66 yards Week 17 against the Steelers.
Like Travis Benjamin, Barnidge came out of almost nowhere to help fill the huge pass-catching void on the Browns’ roster. A 30-year-old, eight-year veteran, Barnidge easily crushed his career totals entering the season with 79 receptions for 1,043 yards and nine touchdowns. All three numbers were top-five at the position, and the touchdowns tied the Browns' single-season record held by Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome. Signed to a three-year contract extension in December, Barnidge will return as one of Cleveland’s top pass-catching options next season. He will be a solid TE1 selection in 2016. Jan 3 - 6:10 PM

Tremendous year for Barnidge. Very consistent production throughout the year. I haven't looked yet but because ends as TE3 (Gronk/Reed)?

Great year, but all said, I'm not sure I'm ready to proclaim "solid TE1" for 2016 with a target hog like Gordon possibly coming back, other possible WR upgrades and possible they're starting a rookie QB again.

Gary Barnidge caught 8-of-13 targets for 66 yards Week 17 against the Steelers.
Like Travis Benjamin, Barnidge came out of almost nowhere to help fill the huge pass-catching void on the Browns’ roster. A 30-year-old, eight-year veteran, Barnidge easily crushed his career totals entering the season with 79 receptions for 1,043 yards and nine touchdowns. All three numbers were top-five at the position, and the touchdowns tied the Browns' single-season record held by Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome. Signed to a three-year contract extension in December, Barnidge will return as one of Cleveland’s top pass-catching options next season. He will be a solid TE1 selection in 2016. Jan 3 - 6:10 PM
Walker had a huge day so I think in PPR it ended up Gronk/Walker/Reed/Barnage/Olsen

I expect those four plus Kelce, Eifert and Ertz to go off the board before him next year

I figure he'll be good value in the Gates/Rodgers/Rudolph/Witten tier

Walker had a huge day so I think in PPR it ended up Gronk/Walker/Reed/Barnage/Olsen

I expect those four plus Kelce, Eifert and Ertz to go off the board before him next year

I figure he'll be good value in the Gates/Rodgers/Rudolph/Witten tier
make that Cook.

Free agent Gary Barnidge has "possible future visits" with the Jaguars and Panthers.
Barnidge visited the Bills on Wednesday and will pause to attend the Kentucky Derby this weekend. (He's a Louisville guy.) Landing in Jacksonville would probably give Barnidge his best shot at a meaningful number of 2017 targets. He would play behind Charles Clay in Buffalo and Greg Olsen in Carolina.

Related: JetsPanthers

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 
May 3 - 8:05 PM

It's very surprising this guy is totally out of work. I thought his 2015 tape was pretty good. He's nothing special, but I thought as a receiver more he was more than a JAG.

Funny thing is Barnidge's 2015 numbers would have made him the #1 TE in fantasy last year: 79/1043/9 for 158 standard/237 ppr vs Kelce's 136 standard/ 221 PPR. 

It's very surprising this guy is totally out of work. I thought his 2015 tape was pretty good. He's nothing special, but I thought as a receiver more he was more than a JAG.

Funny thing is Barnidge's 2015 numbers would have made him the #1 TE in fantasy last year: 79/1043/9 for 158 standard/237 ppr vs Kelce's 136 standard/ 221 PPR. 
Lol "more than a Jag" 

Teams usually don't sign veteran players before camp.  They are much more expensive cap hits than undrafted rookies, and all veterans do in camp is take away snaps from young guys the team needs to evaluate.  With limited practice times teams would rather let the young guys show what they have and then if there's still a need they can sign the vet later, since they will need a lot less time to get up to speed than a rookie might.

Teams usually don't sign veteran players before camp.  They are much more expensive cap hits than undrafted rookies, and all veterans do in camp is take away snaps from young guys the team needs to evaluate.  With limited practice times teams would rather let the young guys show what they have and then if there's still a need they can sign the vet later, since they will need a lot less time to get up to speed than a rookie might.
Teams also like to wait till after week 1 because:

a) it allws them to carry one more guy that might get onto the practice squad,

and

b) contracts after week 1 are not guaranteed, so the vets can be signed and later released with minimum cap hits.

Likely keeps DeAngelo, Jennings, C.Johnson and the like in the sideline for a while as well.

and

b) contracts after week 1 are not guaranteed, so the vets can be signed and later released with minimum cap hits.

Likely keeps DeAngelo, Jennings, C.Johnson and the like in the sideline for a while as well.
Teams going this route risk the chance that the player signs elsewhere.

Player would really need to have very little value to make it to week one unsigned ... unless that players salary demands are unrealistic.

A player is brought in for a workout and leaves unsigned ... either didn't impress or is asking for too much in a contract.

Why else would the team take a chance of him signing elsewhere? Jags and Bills let Barnidge walk. Ravens could scoop this guy up if the price is right.

and

Makes sense, but also just surprises me with Barnidge. I know he is going to be 32. If he was even 2 years younger, he would probably have gotten a deal. As a receiving TE, I thought I saw enough talent where he would represent an upgrade at TE to about a 1/3 of the league. I guess I was wildly wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread