What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gary Barnidge (2 Viewers)

This trade occurred in my 14 team redraft a week and a half ago.

Gore

Cameron

for

Barnidge

Starks

I was surprised by the side giving Gore but his lineup is pretty deep for a 14 teamer with TE being his only hole. And he obviously feels comfortable with Gurley and Martin at RB and other options at flex. Still like the Gore side better and a good sell high after Starks big game.

FYI for Barnidge's trade value, which was evidently pretty high in my league.

JOHNNY MANZIEL is starting tomorrow for Cleveland.. Should we downgrade Barnige for this week
Two questions (and these are legit - I am not trying to be a smart ###):

1) Why would you? Manziel isn't great, but he can certainly hit a TE a few yards out.

2) Even if you would downgrade him - how much? Enough that it would take him out of the top 5-8 TEs?

VaTerp said:
This trade occurred in my 14 team redraft a week and a half ago.

Gore

Cameron

for

Barnidge

Starks

I was surprised by the side giving Gore but his lineup is pretty deep for a 14 teamer with TE being his only hole. And he obviously feels comfortable with Gurley and Martin at RB and other options at flex. Still like the Gore side better and a good sell high after Starks big game.

FYI for Barnidge's trade value, which was evidently pretty high in my league.
Understand the surprise but it seems like a good deal.

Yeah I agree but in te required leagues when I already have Greg Olsen and I need to choose a flex n i can use him, or Deon Lewis or Travis Benjamin what used to be a no Brainerd with MANZIEL if there's a drop off then may be enough to sit him n consider other guys

Bench for Eifert or Reed? Start 2
That's kind of my dilemma (Barnidge or Eifert). Right now I have Barnidge starting as I believe Cinci will be run heavy this week, and Cleveland will likely be behind passing most of the game. If he's been a stud with McCown then he can be with Manziel.

JOHNNY MANZIEL is starting tomorrow for Cleveland.. Should we downgrade Barnige for this week
I most definitely am. Really depends who else is on your roster or available on your wire if you'll still start Barnidge.

Fleener may be a possible 1 week option available on the wire. Where I'm leaning at this point with Hilton gimpy & Denver DBs will wipe out the Colt WRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone care to approximate his value in TE premium ppr dyno format? Considering his age and sudden production, what type of players or picks would you be considering to move him?

Anyone care to approximate his value in TE premium ppr dyno format? Considering his age and sudden production, what type of players or picks would you be considering to move him?
I can't shake the feeling that Barnidge is a 30 year old Jordan Cameron when Cameron blew up in Cleveland.

His situation is not stable, his talent isn't definite. Much like Cameron he is feasting on a ton of targets. He does look good though - 9 targets a week for the past 6 weeks with a touchdown a game will certainly make you look great. Also that circus catch.

In premium format if I was selling I would want at least a first, probably a little more, if I was buying maybe id give a first and a prospect for Barnidge and a 2nd/3rd. His age concerns me less than his situation, the Browns are if not the worst, tied for the worst franchise in the game, I don't trust them to manage their team in a way that would benefit owning him in fantasy.

As a Kelce and Lynch owner in a keeper league, I decided to trade him. In a series of moves I ended up trading Barnidge and David Johnson for Rawls and Vernon Davis. Just needed the insurance.

fred_1_15301 said:
Run It Up said:
DarkKnightsGuru said:
I know how van u bench this guy when he's been like Gronk
Because he doesn't have the best QB ever throwing him the football.
Neither does Gronk. But Brady may have the best TE ever catching the ball for him........
You are upset, maybe the Barnidge thread isn't the best thread for you to delude yourself.

fred_1_15301 said:
Run It Up said:
DarkKnightsGuru said:
I know how van u bench this guy when he's been like Gronk
Because he doesn't have the best QB ever throwing him the football.
Neither does Gronk. But Brady may have the best TE ever catching the ball for him........
You are upset, maybe the Barnidge thread isn't the best thread for you to delude yourself.
Nah I don't really even care. Just bored and figured I'd get a reaction from you. Thanks.

Bengals are good, Manziel is bad, a bad week was expected.

Now the problem is what do the Browns do for the rest of this year. And next?

buy low right now as long as mccown comes back... JFF did not do enough to warrant further looks IMO, but this is the browns we are talking about. barnidge winced in pain pretty good after his first catch and he kinda was lumbering around in the first half...

Real simple for us Barnidge owners. He goes to bench as long as Johnny Football is staring.
Yep - I was mistaken. Johnny ####ball is worse than I even imagined.

Good news: Barnidge still lead the Browns in targets last night.

Bad news: Most were uncatchable, as they were thrown by an inept QB who shouldn't be playing the NFL.

buy low right now as long as mccown comes back... JFF did not do enough to warrant further looks IMO, but this is the browns we are talking about. barnidge winced in pain pretty good after his first catch and he kinda was lumbering around in the first half...
While I'd like to agree, we know McCown isn't the QB of the future and the Browns aren't winning the title this year. If I were the coach, I'd talk to the owner and ensure my job is secure, then have JFF start for the rest of the year. Knowing full well chances are good that we'd get a top pick in 2016. In the off-season, blow up the offense.

That's enough if ur going to start him he's been top 3 thus year major difference comparing him to top 8
:shrug: either way, most teams should still start him.
or not. :bag:

While I'd like to agree, we know McCown isn't the QB of the future and the Browns aren't winning the title this year. If I were the coach, I'd talk to the owner and ensure my job is secure, then have JFF start for the rest of the year. Knowing full well chances are good that we'd get a top pick in 2016. In the off-season, blow up the offense.
this is the browns we are talking about... an organization near the center of the most dysfunctional NFL franchise group photo

this is the browns we are talking about... an organization near the center of the most dysfunctional NFL franchise group photo
With their arms around the Lions...both making duck lips.

With their arms around the Lions...both making bird lips.
duck lips and made-up gang signs.

Started him last night just to see what happens. As a top 5 te, you'd be nuts to sit until you know it won't work out. Safe to say he will be on my bench until McCown gets back.

Started him last night just to see what happens. As a top 5 te, you'd be nuts to sit until you know it won't work out. Safe to say he will be on my bench until McCown gets back.
I left him on my bench just to see what happens...

Of course I also have Gates & Kelce

McNown is out again does Barnidge go to the bench?

My next best option is Gilmore
I have the same two options today. I'm going with Barnidge. Not feeling good about it but know Barnidge can get open. Hope Manziel plays better this week. Figure Browns will be playing from behind all game.

Manziel named starter all year has to bump Barnige value atleast 25 percent down
That is disappointing news for us Barnidge owners but last game brought a little hope. Maybe Manziel will wise up and lock on to his best receiver.
Possibly, but certainly a wait and see. McCown *really* locked onto Barnidge when he was in.

Last week, Manziel threw the ball 45 times - that may be a pattern if the team can't stay in games, but have to imagine the team would rather have him throw less and run more.

Barnidge got 9 targets, but Benjamin got 11, Hartline 9 and Hawkins 8. So who knows how the distribution will be.

Users who are viewing this thread