What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gary Barnidge (3 Viewers)

What kind of trade value does this guy have in redraft? Have him & Eifert. Lot of teams super thin at TE in my league
Same question for dynasty. The earlier comment about how he looked in Carolina is intriguing - is this just a delayed breakout that should have happened a couple of year ago? Is he real that contenders should be holding on to, or paying for? Should bad teams be flipping him for draft picks?

What kind of trade value does this guy have in redraft? Have him & Eifert. Lot of teams super thin at TE in my league
Same question for dynasty. The earlier comment about how he looked in Carolina is intriguing - is this just a delayed breakout that should have happened a couple of year ago? Is he real that contenders should be holding on to, or paying for? Should bad teams be flipping him for draft picks?
I feel like redraft he should have higher value. That or a deep roster dyno will have higher value. But someone earlier in the thread said that he came into the league as a pass catcher. Maybe those skills took a backseat due to system in his earlier career, but whatever the case it looks like he has reemerged as a receiver.

I am a contender in my dynasty league and I am holding on for dear life. Before I took a chance on him week 3, I had Ebron and Allen. Toyed with Donnell for a bit too. What did it for me was his play with McCown. He loves him. I just bought Ladarius Green so now I can see what happens with Gates and Fleener next year with a solid option alongside Ebron.

I think Barnidge will finish the season as a top 3 barring injury. He obviously isn't going to have 100 yards and a TD every game, he'll have his stinkers just like Gronk has his. But he's a hold for at least this season.

Top three is difficult for me to believe. I still have these as my top five:

1. Gronk

2. Kelce

3. Eifert

4. Olsen

5. Gates

Top 5 is a safer call. He has a 4 game lead on Gates, so I don't think Gates makes the top 5.

Gronk

Eifert

Barnidge

Olsen

Bennett

What a beast. Gotta start giving credit to McCown though too. He's making some nice passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
TD in 4 straight (2 100 yd games).

Ride him til the wheels fall off.
:pickle: Another 100 yard game. Guy has been incredible the past 5 weeks.

Let's hope McCown shoulder injury isn't severe :)
wow, reality just set in for me.... if that little midget is going to make one read then run around like an idiot, the barnidge run of excellent fantasy games is over....! josh mccown cant come back soon enough

One of the craziest FF runs I have ever witnessed, and hardly anyone is talking about it!?
:lol:

Not a single post from the previous Sunday 10/18 thru yesterday before my post. It does show you the lack of trade value the guy has too... (just from the lack of discussion)

The guy is the #5 overall (and #3 RB/WR/TE) in scoring since Week 3 in PPR formats. It's been great that he's finished Top 5 TE or higher every week since Week 3. Wheels may fall off soon (if McCown is out) but it's been as unexpected of production -- from a mid-late career guy that had done next to nothing previously -- as I can remember in quite some time.

One of the craziest FF runs I have ever witnessed, and hardly anyone is talking about it!?
:lol: Not a single post from the previous Sunday 10/18 thru yesterday before my post. It does show you the lack of trade value the guy has too... (just from the lack of discussion)

The guy is the #5 overall (and #3 RB/WR/TE) in scoring since Week 3 in PPR formats. It's been great that he's finished Top 5 TE or higher every week since Week 3. Wheels may fall off soon (if McCown is out) but it's been as unexpected of production -- from a mid-late career guy that had done next to nothing previously -- as I can remember in quite some time.
With Manziel in he is worthless

:lol: Not a single post from the previous Sunday 10/18 thru yesterday before my post. It does show you the lack of trade value the guy has too... (just from the lack of discussion)

that's probably true. But for his price, I'd take the chance that Johnny at least learned to throw to the one guy who has a chance to catch his ducks.

that's probably true. But for his price, I'd take the chance that Johnny at least learned to throw to the one guy who has a chance to catch his ducks.
Didnt have an issue dropping dimes to benjamin

Barnidge lost a tooth and needed stiches af halftime making his performance that much more impressive.

---------

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015/10/26/browns-notes-cornerback-pierre-desir-has-sour-homecoming/

...Tight end Gary Barnidge had a tooth knocked out in the first half and got stitches in his lip at halftime. He played the second half.

“He should be fine,” Pettine said.

Barnidge continued his career year with another big day, six catches for 101 yards. He joined Ozzie Newsome (three, 1982), Kellen Winslow Jr. (three, 2007) and Milt Morin (four, 1968) as the only Browns tight ends with three 100-yard games in a season.

The highlight was a 28-yarder down the seam in which he tipped the high pass to himself.

Didnt have an issue dropping dimes to benjamin
you're literally talking about 3 plays. Which is fine, they happened. But so did his 56% completion rate.

Is his production sustainable? Is he a sell high?
5 weeks in a row... at this point you have to accept he is an upper tier te1 this season until the production falls off for consecutive weeks... or until mccown isnt the starter and barnidge's trade value crashes hard

5 weeks in a row... at this point you have to accept he is an upper tier te1 this season until the production falls off for consecutive weeks... or until mccown isnt the starter and barnidge's trade value crashes hard
But you did not address the question. Is this sustainable? We see that he is a Tier 1 TE but can he remain there? And if his value crashes as you say, then you won't be able to sell him at all. So... Should you sell now?

Tried selling him high before last week...no takers. Nobody trusts a 30+ year old TE from Cleveland it seems. I'll just have to bank the starter points for whatever shelf life he has left

But you did not address the question. Is this sustainable? We see that he is a Tier 1 TE but can he remain there? And if his value crashes as you say, then you won't be able to sell him at all. So... Should you sell now?
he's TE 2 or 3 in most formats... more than likely you won't get anything near that value in a trade... so why not just enjoy the ride while it lasts? It would seem as long as McCown is qb he is going to get targets

4th page? We are slacking peops! Bumpity bump

@SultanofStat: This Gary Barnidge streak is nuts. Needs 4 FPTS to tie Tony Gonzalez & Rob Gronkowski for longest streak of 10+ FPTS G this century (6).

he's TE 2 or 3 in most formats... more than likely you won't get anything near that value in a trade... so why not just enjoy the ride while it lasts? It would seem as long as McCown is qb he is going to get targets
Agreed. He's top 2-3 TE in targets and receptions. His TD numbers help bump his FPTS totals - but he is seeing good volume. I think a top 5 finish is definitely possible.

As mentioned, you're never going to get the trade value as he's not a big name or playing for a big name team or QB, so just ride him and take the points.

If you have him as your "backup", you can probably actually get better trade value for the sexier name he is replacing in your lineup - :sadbanana:

Agreed. He's top 2-3 TE in targets and receptions. His TD numbers help bump his FPTS totals - but he is seeing good volume. I think a top 5 finish is definitely possible.

As mentioned, you're never going to get the trade value as he's not a big name or playing for a big name team or QB, so just ride him and take the points.

If you have him as your "backup", you can probably actually get better trade value for the sexier name he is replacing in your lineup - :sadbanana:
I usually like trading name value away when this situation arises, but I'm not parting with Gronk. I'll just keep rolling Barnidge out as a flex.

I usually like trading name value away when this situation arises, but I'm not parting with Gronk. I'll just keep rolling Barnidge out as a flex.
:yes: I'll keep Olsen and start two TEs.

Users who are viewing this thread