What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former WSU WR Marquess Wilson (2 Viewers)

I've been squatting on this guy in Dynasty and I think it's time to slot him in to our lineups. I'm starting him even if Jeffery plays. If Jeffery is out I'm starting him in DFS.

He was probably weak when he came into the league because he was so young. This is his third year and he just turned 23 in September... I'm wondering what we might have here with Wilson. He could be a really good find if he forces his way onto the field.

Still 18% owned (CBS). Dying to find a reason to add him.

Like everyone else the idea of Jeffery, Royal, Bennett and White all playing in a few weeks seems crowded.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Alshon, Royal, or Bennet sit I am picking him up and starting him over Martavius Bryant

So looks like Alshon, Bennett and Royal are all back. Is Wilson worth holding onto at this point or is it safe to drop him for Tavon Austin/Montgomery/etc?

I have Alshon and just dropped Wilson to grab Diggd. No point in keeping both. Finally rolling out my 3rd rd pick!

Royal and Forte both confirmed out for week 9. Langford had a poor showing in the passing game last week. Bennett seems to be forced into more of a blocking role lately than last year or earlier in the season. SD pass D is pretty soft. Could be an opportunity to prove week 5 wasn't a fluke.

Dropped Quick in my dynasty league for him and starting in a week absolutely wrecked with BYEs. Fingers crossed for short and long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be safe to roll out this week with Royal and Forte out and the Bears probably playing from behind and Cutler having to throw like crazy.

Rotoworld:

Marquess Wilson - WR - Bears

Bears placed WR Marquess Wilson on season-ending injured reserve with a foot injury.

DB Demontre Hurst was promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding move. Wilson has not practiced since hurting his foot in training last week. It is unlikely the injury is serious considering Wilson was not placed on injured reserve immediately, but he may have been a couple weeks away. The 2013 seventh-rounder showed some promise again this season, but he has yet to develop into a consistent playmaker. He will be given at least one more shot to earn a role in the final year of his rookie deal next season.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Dec 12 - 1:47 PM

Just had the best game of his career with Matt Barkley at QB. May have some real chemistry with the guy. 8/125/1 on 11 targets. Should have had 2 TDs, but dropped one in endzone toward end of game. Gotta watch for who QBs in the next few weeks.

Just had the best game of his career with Matt Barkley at QB. May have some real chemistry with the guy. 8/125/1 on 11 targets. Should have had 2 TDs, but dropped one in endzone toward end of game. Gotta watch for who QBs in the next few weeks.
And Meredith did nothing. 

The Jets/Bears connection continues.  Apparently the Jets are trying to be as bad as possible by signing players even the poor Bears don't want.  :D

Had Marquess Wilson signed anywhere else, it would have gone mostly unnoticed (did anyone even notice he signed with the Jests?); he would have been buried behind established receivers.  The Jests are one of the few teams in the league with a weaker WR corps than the Bears.  Wilson immediately steps in with a chance to earn starter reps.  Unfortunately, with the Jests' woes at QB, it may not matter.

Had Marquess Wilson signed anywhere else, it would have gone mostly unnoticed (did anyone even notice he signed with the Jests?); he would have been buried behind established receivers.  The Jests are one of the few teams in the league with a weaker WR corps than the Bears.  Wilson immediately steps in with a chance to earn starter reps.  Unfortunately, with the Jests' woes at QB, it may not matter.
Wilson always seemed like a guy with some good talent but injuries always held him back.

The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs thinks Markus Wheaton "has a better chance to start" than Victor Cruz or Kendall Wright.

Cameron Meredith and Kevin White are likely locked in atop the depth chart, but the No. 3 job is up for grabs. Wheaton was paid like a starter with $6 million guaranteed on his two-year deal, but he is coming off an injury-ruined season and has never been particularly consistent. Wright might be the best player of the three at this point, but he struggled to stay in the good graces of multiple coaching staffs in Tennessee and profiles more as a slot option, where Meredith excelled last season. Cruz may simply be done. No matter who wins the job in camp, this is not a spot to target in fantasy.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Users who are viewing this thread