What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Super Mario Bros for NES (1 Viewer)

Favorite Super Mario Bros game for NES

• Super Mario Bros

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Super Mario Bros 2

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Super Mario's Bros 3

Votes: 35 64.8%
  • Null vote---Didn't care for them at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

comfortably numb

Footballguy
I'm assuming if you played any you played all 3.

Which was your favorite?

1 for nostalgia and originality?

2 for ability to use 4 characters?

3 for better graphics and worlds?

2 was not even originally supposed to be Mario. It was Doki Doki Panic. But I still enjoyed the change.

That said, SMB3 all the way. 

3 should run away with his but there was such a craze for 2.

Perhaps it was becomes of the time between 1 and 2 or just the sheer difference in graphics and game play between the two but #2 holds a special place in my heart as a game I knew was coming and thought it lived up to the expectations 

All i know is I had 101 out of 103 stars (i think that is right -- i was 2 short) for SM3 and somehow my younger brother deleted my saved game. 

I have a NES modulator, and if I'm looking to play a Mario, I always pick #1, I'd never pick #2

3 is the best game, it had a lot of cool things going on for it..  it just takes longer to get into whereas 1 you just pickup and go

I have a NES modulator, and if I'm looking to play a Mario, I always pick #1, I'd never pick #2

3 is the best game, it had a lot of cool things going on for it..  it just takes longer to get into whereas 1 you just pickup and go
I'm the opposite. Whenever I hit an nes emulator I play 2 and never 1 or 3

We had a Caldors department store in my town and they really screwed up.  I got the guy behind the counter to sell me SMB2 2 weeks before it was supposed to come out.  I swear every kid in the 8th grade was over my house for that 2 week period.  

2 was great but once you knew the warp zones you could beat the game in 15 minutes.

I literally can't remember 2 at the moment.

Anyway, SMB 1 changed gaming, imo.  I still remember buying an Atari 7800 in probably 1984 and a neighbor laughing at me because he bought a Nintendo, which I'd never heard of.

I went to a friends house and saw SMB and was absolutely blown away.  My parents quickly learned how much of a nag I could be and I finally got my Nintendo and played SMB 1 nonstop.

I'll never forget when I first beat the game and called my best friend to tell him.

Then the next challenge was to beat the game WITHOUT WARPING.  That was much harder, but I finally achieved that as well.

What a game.

SMB 3 was probably better overall, but I can't ever rank it first.  If you were there when one first came out, I imagine you feel the same.

3 introduced so much.  The map and new power ups.  Cool new bosses. They made a friggin movie about it.  3 by a mile

Anyway, SMB 1 changed gaming, imo.  I still remember buying an Atari 7800 in probably 1984 and a neighbor laughing at me because he bought a Nintendo, which I'd never heard of.

I went to a friends house and saw SMB and was absolutely blown away.  My parents quickly learned how much of a nag I could be and I finally got my Nintendo and played SMB 1 nonstop.

I'll never forget when I first beat the game and called my best friend to tell him.

Then the next challenge was to beat the game WITHOUT WARPING.  That was much harder, but I finally achieved that as well.

What a game.

SMB 3 was probably better overall, but I can't ever rank it first.  If you were there when one first came out, I imagine you feel the same.
Good point, i shoved a TON of quarters into the SMB 1 for arcade.. i couldn't get enough.. it was revolutionary.

The Super Nintendo remake version of it with better graphics is still highly playable for a 2D side-scrolling game.

If you want your mind blown, try SMB the Lost Levels... very challenging.

You can use Luigi, the princess or the mushroom dude? The slot machine to get free men? You can dig in sand? Hop on an egg that is supposed to kill you, grab it and toss it back at someone??

Last edited by a moderator:
1 because nostalgia 

Played a little 2 on a SNES this summer (it had the collection).   It's definitely different but I always liked it

The NES was my first console. I had hardly played very many video games before either so I really really sucked at it. SMB1 was a blast to play with my dad. Good times.

Good point, i shoved a TON of quarters into the SMB 1 for arcade.. i couldn't get enough.. it was revolutionary.

The Super Nintendo remake version of it with better graphics is still highly playable for a 2D side-scrolling game.

If you want your mind blown, try SMB the Lost Levels... very challenging.
That was the original SMB2. They decided it would be too hard for American kids. So they licensed Doki Doki Panic and reskinned it as SMB2.

3 was definitely my favorite, have been playing that the most on my new NES classic.

I was never a huge gamer to begin with, and haven't played the game in 20+ years.

It's amazing how much you can remember from a game you haven't played in decades.

3 is the best Mario platform game out there... hands down.  Only Mario game that's better is Mario Party, (although one could argue for Mario Kart).

3 was definitely my favorite, have been playing that the most on my new NES classic.

I was never a huge gamer to begin with, and haven't played the game in 20+ years.

It's amazing how much you can remember from a game you haven't played in decades.
You actually found an nes classic?

I still play SMB 3 a bunch to this day. The original was solid, but 3 just blew it away. As for 2, well that one just sucked.

I voted 3 (still remember going to see The Wizard just to get a sneak peek), but my all time favorite is Super Mario World for the SNES.

Users who are viewing this thread