What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Week 7 (1 Viewer)

jandyt

Footballguy
Thursday looks fade for the most part. Only possible plays I see are Brady, Gronk, and NE DT. I will probably have some exposure to Gronk and NE DT. Other options I like better than Brady.

My first quick.. Throw a lineup in now, adjust later.. Got done and well.. WAY overloaded on Ravens. vs. Atlanta.. Or maybe not :oldunsure:

Joe Flacco, Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Alshon Jeffery, Steve Smith, Kelvin Benjamin, Travis Kelce, Nick Novak, Dallas Cowboys

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilson seems like a deal on DK at 6800 going aginst the Rams. I know he struggled against them last year, but they just got torched by Kap and are coming off a short week. And we know Seattle is going to be pissed after losing to Dallas at home.

Jordan Cameron seems like a bargain to at 4600, Playing against the Jags seems like a no-brainer there.

Have you ever looked at the fanduel email they send with the perfect lineup, etc?

On the last page of the $1.75M Sunday Million contest final rankings, a player named "gd10" had 4 identical entries that got 34.1 points, good for 80450 place.

The lineup in all 4 entries is:

Scott Tolzien (GB, QB)

John Kuhn

Ryan Hewitt (CIN, RB)

Jarvis Landry

Derek Hagan

Russell Shepard (TB, WR)

James Casey

Nick Folk

New York Jets

Is this computer generated to fill in the league by Fanduel? The last place team had 15 points (all from Nugent). What gives?

Have you ever looked at the fanduel email they send with the perfect lineup, etc?

On the last page of the $1.75M Sunday Million contest final rankings, a player named "gd10" had 4 identical entries that got 34.1 points, good for 80450 place.

Scott Tolzien (GB, QB)

John Kuhn

Ryan Hewitt (CIN, RB)

Jarvis Landry

Derek Hagan

Russell Shepard (TB, WR)

James Casey

Nick Folk

New York Jets

Is this computer generated to fill in the league by Fanduel? The last place team had 15 points (all from Nugent). What gives?
When I first enter in all my GPP's at the beginning of the week, I put in a placeholder lineup where I just click random cheap names, so I know that's a bad lineup I need to fix later on.

I'm guessing that's what those people do, yet they forget to actually change their team later on.

The guy that had the best most points started andre Holmes and LaFell. That's some crazy picks. I don't know if it's generated lineups or what. Seems fishy

I liked and ran Holmes out in a few GPP's last week. Lafell was no where on the radar for me though.

I was very bored last night and tried to put together a few GPP lineups, but I am not finding anything I loved like last week.

My best lineup last week was

Peyton

Oliver

Sankey

DT

Holmes

Tate

Julius

forget the kicker

Denver D

I liked and ran Holmes out in a few GPP's last week. Lafell was no where on the radar for me though.

I was very bored last night and tried to put together a few GPP lineups, but I am not finding anything I loved like last week.

Peyton

Oliver

Sankey

DT

Holmes

Tate

Julius

forget the kicker

Denver D
Lafell I had in a lineup but Holmes wasn't on my radar. What made you guys think of starting Holmes? James Jones is garbage but gets a few catches. Injury to teammate? Rook qb coming back?

Peyton

Oliver

Sankey

DT

Holmes

Tate

Julius

forget the kicker

Denver D
Lafell I had in a lineup but Holmes wasn't on my radar. What made you guys think of starting Holmes? James Jones is garbage but gets a few catches. Injury to teammate? Rook qb coming back?
Developing rookie QB, plenty of opportunity, more talent than most seem to realize, etc... I do not think Holmes is going away. He will be in plenty of my line ups again this week.

i'm thinking about throwing out a david Carr/holmes stack. Arizona gives up lots of points to QB's and Wr's and are tough against the run.

I've added FantasyUp to the value charts (link). The site has a 300% initial deposit bonus and zero rake until next April. (I'm not sure how they're pulling that one off. Someone with deep pockets must be backing them.)

i'm thinking about throwing out a david Carr/holmes stack. Arizona gives up lots of points to QB's and Wr's and are tough against the run.
I actually threw something together like that in a GPP it looks like this

Carr

Murray

Forte

Tate

Holmes

Michael Floyd

Donnell

Bullock

Browns D

I don't think I have the guts to put this in cash games

I've added FantasyUp to the value charts. The site has a 300% initial deposit bonus and zero rake until next April. (I'm not sure how they're pulling that one off. Someone with deep pockets must be backing them.)
What's zero rake? And the site is down
Zero rake means that the site isn't keeping any of the prize pool.

At FanDuel, if you enter a $25 H2H contest, the prize pool will be only $45 instead of $50 because the site keeps $5 for itself. What the site keeps for itself is called a rake in poker (or a vig in sports betting), and it's what makes the average player a loser. Without a rake, the average player will break even, and anyone even slightly above average will be playing with a positive expectation.

Having trouble getting a lineup for this week. I'd like to have some with Manning/Luck and Murray because I like having a guaranteed good QB and 1 RB, but they take up so much of the cap and I'm having trouble finding big value plays.

I'm thinking of going with a lot of Cam/Benjiman stacks, what do you guys think about that? Here are some of the relatively cheaper options I like this week at each position (For FanDuel):

QB

Cam Newton ($8,400) - Cam seems to be pretty much back to 100% and I'm expecting this game to be another shootout for the Panthers, like Sunday was against the Bengals. The Packers D isn't any good and Tannehill just had a good game against them. Not expecting another 30 point outing, but I'd be very happy with at 20-25 for his price which I think is very attainable.

Carson Palmer ($7,300) - Seems to be healthy again and he has a good matchup this weekend against Oakland. He threw the ball 44 times last week and when he plays and is healthy, he usually racks up a lot of yards. At this price, I think he'll be a pretty good play and get around 20 points.

Kirk Cousins ($7,200) - Not too good in real life with all of the INT's, but a solid option for fantasy. He's cheap like Palmer and throws the ball an awful lot. He has a decent matchup against the Titans this week and they just lost Bernard Pollard for the season which should help. I could see close to 20 points for Cousins this week, which is good value.

RB

Ben Tate ($7,300) - He's healthy now and the Browns like to run the ball a lot. He's coming off a good 2 TD performance against the Steelers and has another good matchup against the Jaguars. I expect the Browns to have a decent lead at halftime and really pound the rock throughout the second half. I think he'll be good for close to 100 and at least a score, with even more upside.

Andre Ellington ($7,100) - I just like the Cardinals offense because of the matchup (not sure how good it is to trust the Cardinals offense though). Ellington is a good back and also gets a lot of looks in the receiving game which I love in Fanduel. I expect the Cardinals to be up most of the game and run a lot in the second half, so I think Ellington will get a lot of touches and has a very good chance to score.

Justin Forsett ($6,200) - I know the Ravens use multiple RB's, but Forsett gets most of the looks and after watching him tear up my Bucs, I can tell you he's much better than Bernard Pierce. Pierce got more touches than him last week cause the Ravens were up so big, but Forsett made much more of his touches and gets most of the receiving action (which I love as I said earlier). He has a great matchup this week against the Falcons who seem to get torn apart by all RB's and this game is not in Atlanta which means the Falcons should be at their absolute worst. I am expecting a TD and probably close to 100 yards from Forsett, in addition to a few receptions.

WR

Steve Smith ($7,700) - Going up against the Falcons which will probably have him more pumped since they're his former rival, plus the Falcons D is bad. Flacco plays better at home and I'm expecting 100 yards and a score from Smith.

Mohamed Sanu ($7,200) - With AJ Green and Marvin Jones out, Sanu is going to get a lot of action. He put up huge numbers last week and saw 15 targets. I expect more of the same this week as the Bengals should be passing a lot too keep up with Andrew Luck and the Colts.

Kelvin Benjiman ($6,700) - He's been pretty consistent all year and gets the most looks on the Panthers. Like I said earlier, I expect this to be a shootout so I think he will score and probably have 100 yards.

Golden Tate ($6,700) - Has a good matchup with the Saints on the road who are even worse than usual, and if Megatron is out, he will see a ton of action again as the #1 guy. He should get at least 10 targets and I'm expecting a score this week.

Michael Floyd ($6,400) - Carson Palmer is back and him and Floyd seem to have a good connection. Like I've stated earlier, the Cardinals have a favorable matchup against Oakland and I think Floyd will be good for a TD bomb, and some other splash plays throughout the game.

TE

Martellus Bennett ($6,000) - Not sure why he is so cheap. Bennett leads Tight Ends in receptions and Cutler likes to look his way in the end zone. He hasn't had a TD the past 3 weeks, so I think he is due, which would really make him worth his salary.

Dwayne Allen ($5,700) - Luck loves using his Tight Ends in the Red Zone and he gives Allen more looks than Fleener. I'm expecting a lot of scoring and passing in the Colts/Bengals game so I think he'll be good for a score.

Thoughts on this?

Peyton

Oliver

Sankey

DT

Holmes

Tate

Julius

forget the kicker

Denver D
High risk high reward for me, my thought process was San Diego would blow them out and he could get some garbage time, or if it was close it would be because he got loose deep on a couple of balls and scored touchdowns. I didn't have the conviction to start him in cash games though

Having trouble getting a lineup for this week. I'd like to have some with Manning/Luck and Murray because I like having a guaranteed good QB and 1 RB, but they take up so much of the cap and I'm having trouble finding big value plays.

I'm thinking of going with a lot of Cam/Benjiman stacks, what do you guys think about that? Here are some of the relatively cheaper options I like this week at each position (For FanDuel):

TE: Martellus Bennett ($6,000) - Not sure why he is so cheap. Bennett leads Tight Ends in receptions and Cutler likes to look his way in the end zone. He hasn't had a TD the past 3 weeks, so I think he is due, which would really make him worth his salary.

Thoughts on this?
Bennett is trending downwards recently and it coincides with Marshall and Jeffery getting healthier. I don't think he's a good play and I don't like to bet based on being due (although it does stick in my head sometimes). I think a better value is Jordan Reed at $5400. $600 less and he looks like a top 2 target in the Skins passing game vs Bennett who is #4 option. TDs are hard to predict and that can tip the scale one way or the other, but I'm gonna chance Reed and use the $600 to upgrade elsewhere.

Key is to hit on the guys that aren't owned at a high percentage. Last week, owners hit big with guys like cam, carr, and LaFell because they weren't owned very much.

Who are those guys this week that no one is really paying attention to but has a good match up? So Many Owners were killed by andre Williams because he was cheap but a lot of people played him.

I've added FantasyUp to the value charts (link). The site has a 300% initial deposit bonus and zero rake until next April. (I'm not sure how they're pulling that one off. Someone with deep pockets must be backing them.)
Whoa... any reason to think the money is not backed? Zero rake and 300% is sick. They will get some of my bank if there is not an obvious issue with credibility.

jandyt said:
Whoa... any reason to think the money is not backed? Zero rake and 300% is sick. They will get some of my bank if there is not an obvious issue with credibility.
This is my concern. Not sure how they are doing this. Could the site be owned by the sharks with the idea that they will make the money playing the game.
The hardest part to starting a new site is gaining a user base. They are hoping to build a big enough user base to keep their site running once they start charging rake. Any new DFS site will be running off of initial investment capital until they can build a big enough user base.

They run the risk of building a user base of only cheapskates that care about the rake though, and once they start charging rake the games could dry up very fast for them. I hope it works out, but it is a pretty big risk as well, as this is a promotion that caters more towards sharks than casual players.

Ha ha......funny....I entered a line-up earlier with Carr and Holmes but thinking about changing to James Jones maybe as a lot of guys might be chasing points with Holmes.

TE: Martellus Bennett ($6,000) - Not sure why he is so cheap. Bennett leads Tight Ends in receptions and Cutler likes to look his way in the end zone. He hasn't had a TD the past 3 weeks, so I think he is due, which would really make him worth his salary.

Thoughts on this?
Bennett is trending downwards recently and it coincides with Marshall and Jeffery getting healthier. I don't think he's a good play and I don't like to bet based on being due (although it does stick in my head sometimes). I think a better value is Jordan Reed at $5400. $600 less and he looks like a top 2 target in the Skins passing game vs Bennett who is #4 option. TDs are hard to predict and that can tip the scale one way or the other, but I'm gonna chance Reed and use the $600 to upgrade elsewhere.
Didn't realize he had that big of a game against the Cardinals, although they tend to be terrible against Tight Ends. Still gonna give Reed more consideration now. I know Niles Paul had a good start to the year, what's going on with him? Is he a threat to Reed at all?

Also, I'm kind of new to FanDuel so I have a few questions for people who've been playing for a bit? What types of contests do you guys join? I did some big tournaments, but always seemed to lose a few bucks every time and would win big every few weeks. I tried switching to 50/50, but usually only half of my teams make the top 50 so I'm pretty much just breaking even and 50/50's are not as fun as tournaments. Are you guys making multiple different teams or are you just using a select 2 or 3 teams? I feel like I over think it too much and try to use too many different players and it just leads to me breaking even all the time.

Paul is no threat to Reed if Reed is healthy. Reed didn't full snaps on Sunday and he easily outpaced Paul in targets. He does have risk as he's been injury prone in the past so he could give you a zero if he gets dinged early. Still, said could be same for anyone really.

As for what type of contests, it really depends on bank roll, what your strategy is and how you want to play. For me this is just a passing hobby that's fun to do. So I don't play a ton of games per week, probably around 10. Mix a few GPPs, some double/triple/quint ups and me and a few of my friends do a weekly friend challenge between ourselves. The goal for me is to win the cash games (50/50, double/triples, etc) to basically cover my entries into the GPP to try and get lucky and hit big. I throw at least one into the big tournament as a what the hell entry every week too. So far it's been working. I'm up on the season and have had many shots to win thousands of dollars. Granted I haven't hit any huge payouts, but it's been like free rolls so far.

I've seen different ways of attacking daily games, like same lineup in 100+ 50/50 games or 1 on 1 match ups. Multiple entries into GPPs and so forth. I'm sure others have different and better strategies as well.

Scott Tolzien (GB, QB)

John Kuhn

Ryan Hewitt (CIN, RB)

Jarvis Landry

Derek Hagan

Russell Shepard (TB, WR)

James Casey

Nick Folk

New York Jets

When I first enter in all my GPP's at the beginning of the week, I put in a placeholder lineup where I just click random cheap names, so I know that's a bad lineup I need to fix later on.

I'm guessing that's what those people do, yet they forget to actually change their team later on.
That's $100 lost for forgetting to change a lineup. Yeesh.

No one would take the time to put in all those no name players to go back later. They would have to scroll down to the bottom of every list to do that. They could just throw in scrubs if this was the case.

No one would take the time to put in all those no name players to go back later. They would have to scroll down to the bottom of every list to do that. They could just throw in scrubs if this was the case.
It could have been a satellite entry that they won or something like that. An entry that was created for the player automatically that they forgot about.

Example: andre Williams last week was cheap, had no Rashad Jennings and what everyone thought was a good match up against the Eagles. Everyone jumped on him and he did ####. He killed most of the teams but if he had done well it wouldn't have mattered because most owners had him. To win these daily contests you need to draft players who perform and are not owned much.

Good tradeoff with not paying for marketing. Although, I'm curious as to their rake % after April 1st.

Everyone will probably be putting cam, Holmes and lacy in their lineups this week because they're cheap. I'm staying away
I get staying away from Holmes, but why the other 2 and who do you like?
Why Lacy? I'd rather have a bunch of RBs cheaper than him.
He has a good matchup and is priced decent. Look what he did against the Vikings in a good match up.
I get all that. Problem is, I see other RBs (Tate, Forsett, Oliver...come to mind immediately) that have equally strong matchups that I have more confidence in (especially when it comes to touches/gm).

It seems to me that Edelman and LaFell are decent GPP plays for Thursday games. Obviously Edelman is the safer play, but LaFell is cheap. Any thoughts on this? I'm kicking around entering a couple cheapie massive GPPs w/ each just to see what happens. Jets can't cover anyone and NE's not going to be able to run.

Paul is no threat to Reed if Reed is healthy. Reed didn't full snaps on Sunday and he easily outpaced Paul in targets. He does have risk as he's been injury prone in the past so he could give you a zero if he gets dinged early. Still, said could be same for anyone really.

As for what type of contests, it really depends on bank roll, what your strategy is and how you want to play. For me this is just a passing hobby that's fun to do. So I don't play a ton of games per week, probably around 10. Mix a few GPPs, some double/triple/quint ups and me and a few of my friends do a weekly friend challenge between ourselves. The goal for me is to win the cash games (50/50, double/triples, etc) to basically cover my entries into the GPP to try and get lucky and hit big. I throw at least one into the big tournament as a what the hell entry every week too. So far it's been working. I'm up on the season and have had many shots to win thousands of dollars. Granted I haven't hit any huge payouts, but it's been like free rolls so far.

I've seen different ways of attacking daily games, like same lineup in 100+ 50/50 games or 1 on 1 match ups. Multiple entries into GPPs and so forth. I'm sure others have different and better strategies as well.
Thanks for the insight. I think I'm gonna try a little bit of everything this week in terms of contests.

And I completely agree with Bobcat. Not considering Lacy at all with Forsett, Ellington and Tate much cheaper and with better match ups.

I don't see Lacy being more expensive than Forsett. Draftkings or fanduel? Forsett is up there in cost on both sites.
Fanduel. Lacy is $1,500 more than Forsett.

Forsett at $6,200 is a steal, IMO. He's put up double digit points in 4 of his 6 games, and his lowest total is 8.5. I'm expecting another solid game and a score out of him this week against a really bad Falcons defense who has gotten completely torn up by Running Backs this year.

I don't see Lacy being more expensive than Forsett. Draftkings or fanduel? Forsett is up there in cost on both sites.
Fanduel. Lacy is $1,500 more than Forsett.Forsett at $6,200 is a steal, IMO. He's put up double digit points in 4 of his 6 games, and his lowest total is 8.5. I'm expecting another solid game and a score out of him this week against a really bad Falcons defense who has gotten completely torn up by Running Backs this year.
But isn't ATL the worst pass defense in the league? I'm strongly considering Flacco in my cash game lineups.

Fanduel. Lacy is $1,500 more than Forsett.Forsett at $6,200 is a steal, IMO. He's put up double digit points in 4 of his 6 games, and his lowest total is 8.5. I'm expecting another solid game and a score out of him this week against a really bad Falcons defense who has gotten completely torn up by Running Backs this year.
But isn't ATL the worst pass defense in the league? I'm strongly considering Flacco in my cash game lineups.
Atlanta d is bad across the board.. it's why I posted above my first rough draft lineup that had Flacco, Forestt & Steve Smith.. :mellow:

Atlanta d is bad across the board.. it's why I posted above my first rough draft lineup that had Flacco, Forestt & Steve Smith.. :mellow:
Gotcha. But can all 3 have big games? I guess at their salaries you can get value if one goes off and the other 2 have OK games.

My main FD lineup as of now:

Derek Carr

Andre Ellington

Justin Forsett

Demaryius Thomas

Jordy Nelson

Golden Tate

Jordan Reed

Robbie Gould

Buffalo Bills

Some of my favorite picks on DK