What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eminence's 2015 Rookie Rankings (1 Viewer)

It's not that criticism or contrary opinion isn't welcome, it's just that if the criticism isn't constructive it's going to be met with resistance. Telling me I don't understand the sport because I don't think Melvin Gordon's strength is running inside is silly. I'd much rather you tell me WHY you disagree with that instead of turning your disagreement into an insult.

It's not a very objective comment to attack the author instead of the author's argument. I'm not really too bothered by it though. :coffee:
It would be silly if that is what I had said.

I attacked your argument that he can't run inside and that he is soft.

I could have started with your comparison of WHite to Fitz but with speed. But I chose not to as I know more about Gordon than White.

And you have proven over and over on these boards that you can't handle criticism and you are bothered by it.
But you really didn't explain why you disagreed with the comments about Gordon not being able to run inside. Nor did you provide any video clips to defend your position. There is nothing inherently wrong with that......but it also isn't helpful. It is like the FBG version of he said, she said.That said, I really enjoy hearing the different viewpoints. It would just be nice to see some facts or evidence paired with the opinions.

It's not that criticism or contrary opinion isn't welcome, it's just that if the criticism isn't constructive it's going to be met with resistance. Telling me I don't understand the sport because I don't think Melvin Gordon's strength is running inside is silly. I'd much rather you tell me WHY you disagree with that instead of turning your disagreement into an insult.

It's not a very objective comment to attack the author instead of the author's argument. I'm not really too bothered by it though. :coffee:

I could have started with your comparison of WHite to Fitz but with speed. But I chose not to as I know more about Gordon than White.

And you have proven over and over on these boards that you can't handle criticism and you are bothered by it.
You're taking his rep in other areas and applying it here. That's wrong. Maybe you should go...

But you really didn't explain why you disagreed with the comments about Gordon not being able to run inside. Nor did you provide any video clips to defend your position. There is nothing inherently wrong with that......but it also isn't helpful. It is like the FBG version of he said, she said.That said, I really enjoy hearing the different viewpoints. It would just be nice to see some facts or evidence paired with the opinions.
I disagreed with it, I believe when he posted in the predraft one.

Is there much explanation needed? I think he ran inside plenty. Yes, his bigger runs were to the outside...does not mean he can't run outside.

And I have yet to see anything supporting that he is soft.

Video clips? Overrated...who can't find clips of any runner in highlights doing something?

Didn't really see any facts or evidence paired with his until he was questioned about it a second time in this thread.

Perriman: "BUT! He plays for the Ravens and Joe Flacco is his starting Quarterback."

- I think this is a good thing. Add in the fact that Trestman's there and I think he has a great opportunity on a good team. I have him above Parker and perhaps even White based on his landing spot.
This was the biggest question I had with the commentary. seems smith is far more likely to be the focus of the top corners for another year at least. I like Perriman a lot, just picked him as 1.13 and he'll probably be my top receiver soon (which might say more about my team but i digress)
I guess what my point with that was Joe Flacco's track record in creating fantasy relevant Wide Receivers. In the past 5 years, he's only had 2 Wide Receivers go for over 1,000 yards:

1,128 - Torrey Smith, 2013

1,065 - Steve Smith, 2014

The highest reception totals for receivers in the past 5 years are:

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

Situations change year-to-year but consistent fantasy production by WR isn't something that has come out of Baltimore recently.
1. It's a good sin that the two 1000 yard performances have come the past two years (sign of development)2. Trestman. Somebody's getting 1100/10 in this offense
Going into last year Norv Turner had a similar reputation and that didn't turn out so well. The biggest things Trestman had going for him last year were

1. Talent- Marshall and Jeffery are far more talented than anyone on Baltimore. Cutler and Forte also are more talented than anyone in the Baltimore backfield.

2. Defense- The Bears D kept their offense having to throw or kept them in garbage time. This won't happen in Baltimore.
I'm not buying cutler as more talented or better than Flacco. Certainly not from the winning-games stance. Cutler does help his receivers stats somewhat, so if that's what you mean, okay. Otherwise your points are well taken.

Bigboy10182000 said:
You're taking his rep in other areas and applying it here. That's wrong. Maybe you should go...
I'm trying not to do that in the Shark Pool, but get that it is awfully tough for people to do it given the stuff he has pulled in the FFA (like threatening to kill himself).

He isn't trolling like Otis' hawk posts and rankings are always appreciated.

FUBAR said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Shutout said:
Eminence said:
FUBAR said:
Perriman: "BUT! He plays for the Ravens and Joe Flacco is his starting Quarterback."

- I think this is a good thing. Add in the fact that Trestman's there and I think he has a great opportunity on a good team. I have him above Parker and perhaps even White based on his landing spot.
This was the biggest question I had with the commentary. seems smith is far more likely to be the focus of the top corners for another year at least. I like Perriman a lot, just picked him as 1.13 and he'll probably be my top receiver soon (which might say more about my team but i digress)
I guess what my point with that was Joe Flacco's track record in creating fantasy relevant Wide Receivers. In the past 5 years, he's only had 2 Wide Receivers go for over 1,000 yards:

1,128 - Torrey Smith, 2013

1,065 - Steve Smith, 2014

The highest reception totals for receivers in the past 5 years are:

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

Situations change year-to-year but consistent fantasy production by WR isn't something that has come out of Baltimore recently.
1. It's a good sin that the two 1000 yard performances have come the past two years (sign of development)2. Trestman. Somebody's getting 1100/10 in this offense
Going into last year Norv Turner had a similar reputation and that didn't turn out so well.The biggest things Trestman had going for him last year were

1. Talent- Marshall and Jeffery are far more talented than anyone on Baltimore. Cutler and Forte also are more talented than anyone in the Baltimore backfield.

2. Defense- The Bears D kept their offense having to throw or kept them in garbage time. This won't happen in Baltimore.
I'm not buying cutler as more talented or better than Flacco. Certainly not from the winning-games stance. Cutler does help his receivers stats somewhat, so if that's what you mean, okay. Otherwise your points are well taken.
My assessment is strictly FFB related.

I like the yeldon call. I think he looks very natural catching passes and will get more receptions than expected making him a sneaky ppr value play.

That you still don't htink Gordon can run inside makes me question what you actually know about the sport.
sho nuff said:
Eminence said:

sho nuff said.

That you still don't htink Gordon can run inside makes me question what you actually know about the sport.
sho nuff said:
Eminence said:

sho nuff said.
If you just put the bold sure...how about what comes after it?

Because that is not actually how it went is it.

But I know you are trolling...you have come in to respond to me and not about the topic (like you often do).

Yeah...I posted what I thought about him and his football knowledge...it was a bit harsh and I will lay off and just criticize the opinions.

Pipes said:
Eminence said:

Good posting Eminence. I do think you underrate Gordon but it's your opinion, I respect that. I've said in other threads that WI had their worst offensive line in probably the past 20 years. They were big but not loaded with NFL talent like the lines of the past 10-15 years. On top of that Stave is a below average QB, being nice here, and WI had the worst WR corp in the Big 10. In other words Gordon was their entire offense and he put up the 2nd best season ever for a college football RB. The guy has it. Yes I'm a Badgers fan and likely biased but in my mind he's the best WI player in the 20 plus years I've been a season ticket holder. Joe Thomas was really the only one close to Gordon. How that translates to the NFL I don't know, but from what my eyeballs tell me is this kid is special.
:goodposting:

Who knows what Gordon will be in the NFL, but he was clearly the one and only weapon on offense last year for the Badgers, and he still crushed it.

Gordon averaged more yards rushing than the team averaged through the air... and by a pretty wide margin (185 YPG rushing for Gordon vs. 149 YPG passing as a team). Let that sink in.

sho nuff said:
Eminence said:

sho nuff said.

But I know you are trolling...you have come in to respond to me and not about the topic (like you often do).

Yeah...I posted what I thought about him and his football knowledge...it was a bit harsh and I will lay off and just criticize the opinions.
Nice try, but everyone can see that you were attacking the poster and not the information he posted. And since I pointed out your evident misrepresentation of your original post I am trolling, however you are not.

You get an "A" for employing your double standard hypocrisy.

I don't agree with all of it but I like that you put it out there. Makes me rethink my own rankings which is a good thing.

Hey everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood Eminence here to provide you with my Rookie Rankings for the 2015 Fantasy Season! If you're interested in seeing my rankings prior to the draft the line can be found here.

2015 RANKINGS

1.01 - Todd Gurley (RB)

Honestly, I hate the coronation of him as King. Especially how people are toting this guy as the best Running Back since in Adrian Peterson while the guy is still nursing an ACL injury. The tape doesn't lie though, he has everything you want out of a feature back. He will see plenty of carries in St. Louis. He's got size, speed, and power.

Todd Gurley at 90% of what he used to be is still the best Running Back in this draft class.

Todd Gurley at 80% of what he used to be is arguably still the best Running Back in this draft class.

Todd Gurley at 70% of what he used to be is NOT the best Running Back in this draft class.

I think he'll be fine and at least be 80% of what he used to be. I'm more concerned with him reinjuring his ACL or having another injury related to it. Statistics suggest that throughout his career he's more likely to tear his ACL than every oher player who has torn theirs before. Seeing as most workhorse backs see some type of injury when they are IN the NFL (Peterson, Charles, Foster, etc.), it makes me hesitant. Regardless, 1.01 goes to BPA and that's Gurley by a landslide.
Curious where the heck the bolded conclusion comes from. Gurley has a greater chance of reinjury than every other previous ACL sufferer why?

sho nuff said:
Eminence said:

sho nuff said.

Nice try, but everyone can see that you were attacking the poster and not the information he posted. And since I pointed out your evident misrepresentation of your original post I am trolling, however you are not.You get an "A" for employing your double standard hypocrisy.
I attacked a bit of both actually.

And you pointed out the wrong part...as i have shown.

And yes, you are trolling.

Two weeks in and my rankings are holding up strong. Excited to see Gurley play, hopefully it's this week!
Hate to be a wet blanket on your fiery rookie picks but....

#1 Gurley & #2 White haven't played a down yet,

#3 Yeldon looks like a JAG, and the new Jags looks like the old Jags

#4 Cooper is the best player thus far

#5 Gordon is about right ATM

#6 David Johnson looking good

#7 Agholor has been sort of disappointing thus far

#8 Coleman & #9 Abdullah are ranked too low at this point

#10 Jamies hasn't showed me anything yet and has been thoroughly outplayed by the other rookie QB Mariota.

#11 Perriman hasn't played

#12 Davante Parker was hurt and hasn't been involved yet so I guess having him lower than most is good so far.

Going forward, Josh Doctson is a guy who really impresses me and I think could be a great pro player. He's my #1 w/ Elliot at #2.

Users who are viewing this thread