What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eminence's 2015 Rookie Rankings (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
Hey everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood Eminence here to provide you with my Rookie Rankings for the 2015 Fantasy Season! If you're interested in seeing my rankings prior to the draft the line can be found here.

2015 RANKINGS

1.01 - Todd Gurley (RB)

Honestly, I hate the coronation of him as King. Especially how people are toting this guy as the best Running Back since in Adrian Peterson while the guy is still nursing an ACL injury. The tape doesn't lie though, he has everything you want out of a feature back. He will see plenty of carries in St. Louis. He's got size, speed, and power.

Todd Gurley at 90% of what he used to be is still the best Running Back in this draft class.
Todd Gurley at 80% of what he used to be is arguably still the best Running Back in this draft class.
Todd Gurley at 70% of what he used to be is NOT the best Running Back in this draft class.

I think he'll be fine and at least be 80% of what he used to be. I'm more concerned with him reinjuring his ACL or having another injury related to it. Statistics suggest that throughout his career he's more likely to tear his ACL than every oher player who has torn theirs before. Seeing as most workhorse backs see some type of injury when they are IN the NFL (Peterson, Charles, Foster, etc.), it makes me hesitant. Regardless, 1.01 goes to BPA and that's Gurley by a landslide.

1.02 - Kevin White (WR)

He's Larry Fitzgerald with more speed. If watch him play last year you saw him making NFL caliber catches. Look at his combine numbers:

6 ft 3
215 lbs
4.35 40-yard dash

The best part is that is he going to a team where Alshon Jeffery will draw significant attention from opposing defenses. You can send this guy deep. You can throw him a screen. You can throw him a fade route in the end zone. He is NFL ready and going to make a huge splash in this league. Compare his combine to Julio Jones, they're definitely the same caliber of player.

Julio Jones Combine
Kevin White Combine

1.03 - TJ Yeldon (RB)

When I look at TJ Yeldon, I see a Leveon Bell clone. Both guys are 6ft 1 and weigh between 225 - 230 lbs. Their combine numbers? Also extremely similar. I personally think Leveon Bell is the better prospect but that is neither here nor there. Either way, Yeldon is a guy who is built to be a 3 down player. He is nimble with the ball in his hands but needs to learn to be more aggressive and use his size to his advantage better.

But he lands in Jacksonville where his only competition is Denard Robinson and Toby Gerhart. Throw in the fact that Yeldon is an excellent pass catcher and this is a no-brainer 1.03 pick for me.

1.04 - Amari Cooper (WR)

The amount of targets Amari Cooper is going to see in 2015 is laughable. Oakland is so devoid of playmakers that it's going to be foolish for David Carr to do anything other than stare this guy down. Cooper definitely has the goods to beat coverage though but I think he's going to have trouble catching 10+ Touchdowns, especially with all the double coverage he's going to see.

Regardless though, the talent is there and if Oakland can find a few more playmakers to draw attention away from him he can definitely be a 90+ catch receiver.

1.05 - Melvin Gordon (RB)

Personally, I hate Melvin Gordon as a prospect. I think he's soft as a runner and had gaping holes to run through at Wisconsin. But with that said, you can't deny the opportunity he has in San Diego. He has virtually no competition for carries and should be given the chance to be "the guy" from the beginning. But I'm picturing a Reggie Bush style letdown with him.

His greatest attribute is his initial burst similar to Chris Johnson. If you bounce this guy outside on a Strong-I run formation he can definitely be off to the races in a hurry. HOWEVER, if you scheme against him going outside and force him inside I think Melvin Gordon is very beatable.

I'm not a fool though, I saw Chris Johnson run for 2,000 yards simply on his ability to click into that 2nd gear faster than everybody else on the field. That's why you have to take him in the Top-5. If the San Diego run-blocking unit is on point I can see this guy going for 1,200 and 10 Touchdowns. But he isn't the kind of player to make his own yards if the blocking isn't there.

1.06 - David Johnson (RB)

This is the first pick where people are going to question me but hear me out. This is a player who I think is suffering from small school bias. If you watched him play last year you saw a Running Back who could do everything. A guy who is patient behind his block, a guy who has a nice jump cut, a guy who can shed a few tackles, and a guy who could catch the ball.

Quite frankly, watching him play last year reminded me of Matt Forte and Doug Martin. A player that does everything "good" but very few things great. He's got the size to play the position at 6 ft 1 and 224 lbs.

He actually had better combine numbers in every drill than Melvin Gordon except the 20-yard shuttle. Which makes sense because that initial burst is what makes Gordon special. This just tells you the kind of athlete that David Johnson is.

Opportunity wise? All he has to do is beat out a 199 lb Andre Ellington who had a YPC average of 3.9 last season. I'm not saying that Ellington is a slouch but Johnson should immediately compete for carries and be a fixture in the Red Zone.

1.07 - Nelson Agholor (WR)

You either believe in the genius of Chip Kelly or you don't. But if you look at what Jeremy Maclin produced last year, you can see there is a huge opening in this Offense and Nelson Agholor has an opportunity to fill it. I would honestly love to rank him higher but I can't justify that with Sam Bradford as starting Quarterback coming off an ACL tear. But he projects to be a starter in year one in a prolific Offense. You can't pass that up.

His game is in the same mold as Jeremy Maclin's was and I honestly I see a little bit of Randy Moss with the long strides this guy takes to get downfield. It's tough to rank him higher because of his Quarterback situation.

1.08 - Tevin Coleman (RB)

You guys are probably wondering, what's with all the Running Backs? But there were a lot of good landing spots for Running Backs this year. I'll take Tevin Coleman who will get a chance to win the starting job in a high powered Falcons offense over a guy like Breshard Perriman or Devante Parker.

The intensity that this guy runs with is amazing. Everytime he touches the ball he is looking for a crease to take it to the house. It honestly reminds me of Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, and Christine Michael. If a linebacker gives him the hint of a lane, he is bowling towards the endzone. He's a kind of guy who can take a power run 60 yards in a blink of an eye.

What I don't like about the guy is his inability to make people miss or consistently shed tackles. I think he needs to learn how to pick up the dirty yards on 3rd and short. But if he can learn that, he's got as much upside as anyone else in this draft class. He needs to add a few more moves to his repertoire to go with his elite ability to burn up the creases in defenses.

1.09 - Ameer Abdullah (RB)

This guy has an entire highlight reel of juking out defenders and breaking through tackles. I don't care what his 40 times says. He's going to hit the field and create chaos. I see a little bit of Darren Sproles and a little bit of Jahvid Best. He went to the perfect Offense and should be utilized to perfection on draws, screens, etc.

I've seen him shed tackles, out-accelerate defensive backs, and juke people out of their cleats. Unfortunately though, he doesn't have the size of workhorse Running Back. Picture him being utilized similar to Pierre Thomas. He is definitely a candidate for 30+ catches. So if you're playing in PPR feel free to bump him where I have Coleman listed.

His upside is limited through TDs though. The 229 lb Joique Bell will see the majority of the goalline work.

1.10 - Jameis Winston (QB)

In case you haven't noticed, when a Quarterback goes at 1.01 they are usually pretty damn good. Andrew Luck and Cam Newton have been excellent fantasy options since their rookie season. Personally, I love the throws Winston can make. He rips the balls into tight windows and has an excellent duo of Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson to throw to.

He is not afraid to sift through the pocket and take a hit to make a play downfield. If you need a QB, feel free to take him earlier. But this is the guy. I'm not vibing the Mariota love, he has virtually no viable RZ options besides Delanie Walker (bump Delanie Walker).

1.11 - Breshard Perriman (WR)

From a talent perspective, Perriman is one of the most talented players in the draft. BUT! He plays for the Ravens and Joe Flacco is his starting Quarterback. In my mind, he is cut from the same mold as Kelvin Benjamin and Martavis Bryant. He is an absolute behemoth on the field and will have the opportunity to bank off some mismatches in the redzone.

However, if you're scheming against the Ravens you're totally going to let Steve Smith beat you and not this guy. I think he's going to see the best defensive backs from opposing teams and I'm not certain he can win those matchups just yet. He doesn't quite have the same ability to track the deep ball as Torrey Smith but I can definitely see him reeling in a few of those passes that Flacco used to throw.

1.12 - DeVante Parker (WR)

Honestly, I think Jarvis Landry is a better prospect and has better separation skills than DeVante Parker. However, I am a believer in Ryan Tannehil and think that Parker has the ability to beast it up in the RZ and make contested catches. He's a physical player in the same mold as Andre Johnson or Terrell Owens but will not be able to produce YAC on a consistent basis.

But I can definitely see him developing into an 80 catch / 8 Touchdown kind of player. It's a close logjam between him and the next couple of players I've got ranked below him in the 2nd Round.

2.01 - Duke Johnson (RB)

Duke Johnson may be my favorite Running Back prospect in the entire draft. He fits the same mold as Shady McCoy and Ray Rice of small shifty backs who can rack up yardage in the Running Game and Passing Game. However, Cleveland has a stable of capable Running Backs and I'm not sure Johnson will earn a large enough share of the pie in Year 1 to justify ranking him much higher than this.

2.02 - Devin Funchess (WR/TE)

If Carolina is smart, they will use Devin Funchess the same exact way Julius Thomas was utilized in Denver. A big behemoth target to create mismatches around the field. He looks like an ogre out there and has sloppy hands when catching the ball but he's athletic enough to make LBs pay. I'm questioning bumping him up higher but his hands are quite skeptical. When the ball is in his hands he has decent enough ball skills though. If he ends up being a starter, I'd feel comfortable bumping him into the first round.

Potential TD machine right here.

2.03 - Marcus Mariota (QB)

Besides Kendall Wright and Delanie Walker, his weapons are pretty much trash and the entire Offense can be schemed away by a versatile defensive. With that in mind, I am very intrigued with his rushing yards. There will be times where nobody is open and there will be ample room for him to tuck the ball and run downfield. But the passing yards simply will not be there.

I personally hate Dorial Green-Beckam so that has a huge impact on my ranking here.

2.04 - Philip Dorsett (WR)

The Colts might as well come out and run 4WR sets every down at this rate. Honestly, Andrew Luck is unstoppable. Especially with the new rules, the only way to stop him is with a good pass rush. The only problem here is opportunity. He's competing with:

TY Hilton
Andre Johnson
Coby Fleener
Dwayne Allen
Donte Moncrief

For snaps and targets. Fortunately, he'll be seeing scrub defensive backs when he is in the same and should see more than a few deep bombs as Andrew Luck loves to sling it. I'm considering bumping him higher. Depends where he ends up on the depth chart, I guess.

2.05 - Jay Ajayi (RB)

Someone else mentioned this in another thread but Lamar Miller is in a contract year and the Dolphins got Jay Ajayi on the cheap. This is definitely Miller's backfield to lose and if Ajayi can prove he can stay healthy, he can definitely carve out a niche for himself in 2016. I'm concerned if his injury concerns are as bad as his draft day slide indicates.

However though, he's a big back with great moves. He could learn to be a little more 'North - South' though.

2.06 - Devin Smith (WR)

If Devin Smith's Quarterback wasn't Geno Smith, I'd be much more bullish on his prospects. As a player, he is easily the best deep threat receiver in this draft. I severely question Geno Smith's ability to deliver said deep ball. He's got this sick one-handed highlight reel catch that really sticks out to me.

I think he's going to develop into a great player and has much more potential than being a one-trick pony.

Last edited by a moderator:
That you still don't htink Gordon can run inside makes me question what you actually know about the sport.

That you still don't htink Gordon can run inside makes me question what you actually know about the sport.
You are being overly harsh, these are his views on these guys. I am sure he has gotten some wrong, but last year he was pumping up Kelvin Benjamin when most others said he would be the bust of the draft, he also was doing the same for Leven Bell going into year 2 when, a lot of people were down on him and his low YPC.

For what it is worth I think you are missing the boat on DB Green.

1.06 This is the first pick where people are going to question me but hear me out.
I find it really interesting to read your take on these players, and I don't antagonize anyone over having different rankings than I do.

But I think you're very wrong about something - you will get MANY questions about your selections at 1.2 and especially 1.3.

You are being overly harsh, these are his views on these guys. I am sure he has gotten some wrong, but last year he was pumping up Kelvin Benjamin when most others said he would be the bust of the draft, he also was doing the same for Leven Bell going into year 2 when, a lot of people were down on him and his low YPC.

Given his history of posting all over this board. Don't think Im being harsh at all.

And color me unimpressed that he got a few picks right.

He made statements in the predraft thread about Gordon not being able to run up the middle and break tackles and makes other comments here.

IT makes me think he has never really watched more than a few highlights of Gordon.

Great list and appreciate the time you took to explain it. For the sake of discussion, however:

Gordon: "But with that said, you can't deny the opportunity he has in San Diego. He has virtually no competition for carries."

- He's on a team that likes to rotate backs on the regular. In games when Mathews and Woodhead played together, it was pretty close to a 60/40 split. Given Gordon's lack of receiving production in college, I don't see how that split changes in the future. If you're estimating top 5 RB-like touches, I think you have to look elsewhere.

David Johnson: "This is the first pick where people are going to question me but hear me out."

- I'm pretty sure Yeldon at # 3 is the first pick people are going to question you about. Or Kevin White at # 2 for that matter.

Ameer Abdullah: "Unfortunately though, he doesn't have the size of workhorse Running Back."

- I agree. He was drafted by a team that won't use him as such either, so I don't understand the "Abdullah will be a 3-down back by next year". Look at history and how coaches use their players.

Perriman: "BUT! He plays for the Ravens and Joe Flacco is his starting Quarterback."

- I think this is a good thing. Add in the fact that Trestman's there and I think he has a great opportunity on a good team. I have him above Parker and perhaps even White based on his landing spot.

Em is not afraid to make bold predictions. I am sure he will get a couple of these right. He will get a couple completely wrong.

Gordon is going to turn heads. Cooper is going to outperform White in year 1 due to their landing spots.

As much as I disagree with the Yeldon prediction I agree with the Agholor prediction.

Always enjoy the posts Em.

Thanks for the post EM. I enjoyed the read.

I have been so high on Yeldon that I came crashing back down but I like your take on him and the situation. The only thing that holds me back from being as optimistic as you are with him is that I'm not sure the Jags, as a team, will be in every game well enough to dictate a consistent rung game and since Yeldon isn't what I would call a homerun hitter, I wouldn't be surprised if some weeks are 22/147/1 and others are 17/67/0.

I also see a lot of people refer to his feet and later movement on the FOster level and while I see the similarity in certain highlights, I don't think he has that deceptive long speed that foster had early on when he was truly special and breaking off 30+ yard TDs that made him so dominant in FF.

Funchess: I may take up praying that the Carolina Panthers figure out how to use him best and/or Funchess gets TE designation because I see the definite possibility for this guy to be an advantage player if he is used correctly.

Given his history of posting all over this board. Don't think Im being harsh at all.

And color me unimpressed that he got a few picks right.

He made statements in the predraft thread about Gordon not being able to run up the middle and break tackles and makes other comments here.

IT makes me think he has never really watched more than a few highlights of Gordon.
:potkettle:

Seems shortsighted to have the first round WR talent of Parker and Perriman behind a couple of third round backs. Agholor or behind Johnson too. Situation can change quickly. I'll take the greater talents who are still in good situations.

Just don't get the hate towards opinions. At all.

Thanks for the list, my man. Always good to see other peoples ideas and thoughts.

^^
From NFL.com,

"Desires to bounce runs wide too often. Not as trusting of blocking from B-gap to B-gap. Held to "stuffs" -- runs resulting in no yards or a loss -- on 19.2 percent of his carries. Feel and instincts as interior runner need improvement. Shows indecisiveness as one-cut runner. Would gear down and stutter-step to line, waiting for crease to show itself rather than adjusting on fly and taking what was available. Play strength through hole was only average. Used speed over strength to create many missed or broken tackles."

"He won't be able to outrun NFL defenders like he did in college and must develop more feel between the tackles. Gordon shines when his track runs over tackle or around the end and can put a defense to sleep around the corner."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/melvin-gordon?id=2552469

^^
From NFL.com,

"Desires to bounce runs wide too often. Not as trusting of blocking from B-gap to B-gap. Held to "stuffs" -- runs resulting in no yards or a loss -- on 19.2 percent of his carries. Feel and instincts as interior runner need improvement. Shows indecisiveness as one-cut runner. Would gear down and stutter-step to line, waiting for crease to show itself rather than adjusting on fly and taking what was available. Play strength through hole was only average. Used speed over strength to create many missed or broken tackles."

"He won't be able to outrun NFL defenders like he did in college and must develop more feel between the tackles. Gordon shines when his track runs over tackle or around the end and can put a defense to sleep around the corner."

Those disagreeing with your Gordon opinion are Wisconsin fans, FYI.

^^
From NFL.com,

Prefers outside and is better there vs. Can't run inside are different. You realize that right?

Calling him soft is also pretty funny...as is any attempt at a comp with Chris Johnson IMO.

^^
From NFL.com,

Prefers outside and is better there vs. Can't run inside are different. You realize that right?

Calling him soft is also pretty funny...as is any attempt at a comp with Chris Johnson IMO.
I agree Em has his quirks that make some of his topics hard to read and sometimes pointless, but you are really reaching here. You are trying to argue his defention of can't run inside vs. doesn't like to. Is it really that big of a deal? If you disagree why can't you just put your rankings up in this post or your own. Save the witch hunt for another, more worthy topic of his.

Good work here Em. You should stick with this kind of stuff.

My comment: Amari Cooper is my top-rated rookie. While I doubt he has the same freakish hands as OBJ, he does have the same ability to fake defenders out of their shoes. I think he's going to be great and he's going to make it look easy.

^^
From NFL.com,

I agree Em has his quirks that make some of his topics hard to read and sometimes pointless, but you are really reaching here. You are trying to argue his defention of can't run inside vs. doesn't like to. Is it really that big of a deal? If you disagree why can't you just put your rankings up in this post or your own. Save the witch hunt for another, more worthy topic of his.
I voiced my opinion on that ranking.

Or are we only supposed to praise people when they post on here?

^^
From NFL.com,

You don't know why the Shark Pool sucks, do you?

^^
From NFL.com,

No you didn't, you tried to belittle him because you don't agree with his opinion. Nice try though

^^
From NFL.com,

I voiced my opinion on that ranking.Or are we only supposed to praise people when they post on here?
We're only supposed to post the same lists over and over. I mean, if you're different you're probably wrong in FFB, right?

I can get list like these from anywhere. give me some facts, some next level stats to your reasoning. a bunch of "i thinks" are boring.

Just to start ---

Honestly, I hate the coronation of him as King. Especially how people are toting this guy as the best Running Back since in Adrian Peterson while the guy is still nursing an ACL injury. The tape doesn't lie though, he has everything you want out of a feature back. He will see plenty of carries in St. Louis. He's got size, speed, and power.

Todd Gurley at 90% of what he used to be is still the best Running Back in this draft class.
Todd Gurley at 80% of what he used to be is arguably still the best Running Back in this draft class.
Todd Gurley at 70% of what he used to be is NOT the best Running Back in this draft class.

I think he'll be fine and at least be 80% of what he used to be. I'm more concerned with him reinjuring his ACL or having another injury related to it. Statistics suggest that throughout his career he's more likely to tear his ACL than every oher player who has torn theirs before. Seeing as most workhorse backs see some type of injury when they are IN the NFL (Peterson, Charles, Foster, etc.), it makes me hesitant. Regardless, 1.01 goes to BPA and that's Gurley by a landslide.
did i really gain any information from this?

I can get list like these from anywhere. give me some facts, some next level stats to your reasoning. a bunch of "i thinks" are boring.

Feel free to show everyone how it should be done. We're eagerly awaiting your thread, so make sure you send us all a PM.

Feel free to show everyone how it should be done. We're eagerly awaiting your thread, so make sure you send us all a PM.
so because i dont share my lists because im in leagues with people who visit here means i cant share my opinion about opinions?

also because i didnt make a list means what i said is untrue too?

very well, carry on.

so because i dont share my lists because im in leagues with people who visit here means i cant share my opinion about opinions?

also because i didnt make a list means what i said is untrue too?

very well, carry on.
This is an awesome post. NOBODY can trump the 3 "because" offensive.

Sorry to hijack this thread any further but I must mention that I am slightly turned off by the attitudes expressed here that you shouldn't criticize someone's rankings unless you post your own. That is like saying you can't be a movie critic if you haven't made a film, or you can't be a rock critic if you haven't been in a band. One shouldn't be required to provide their own rankings just because they think someone else's are not worthwhile.

And what is funny to me is that for about 5 years I did dynasty rankings for two now defunct sites. During that time if I criticized someone's rankings in this forum I would be told "Let's see yours!" and I would dutifully provide a link to my rankings and the response was always something along the lines of "So what!". It really made no difference to people and they still felt that I should only say good things or nothing at all.

Just my :2cents: Please return to the discussion of Em's fabulous rankings.

Sorry to hijack this thread any further but I must mention that I am slightly turned off by the attitudes expressed here that you shouldn't criticize someone's rankings unless you post your own. That is like saying you can't be a movie critic if you haven't made a film, or you can't be a rock critic if you haven't been in a band. One shouldn't be required to provide their own rankings just because they think someone else's are not worthwhile.

And what is funny to me is that for about 5 years I did dynasty rankings for two now defunct sites. During that time if I criticized someone's rankings in this forum I would be told "Let's see yours!" and I would dutifully provide a link to my rankings and the response was always something along the lines of "So what!". It really made no difference to people and they still felt that I should only say good things or nothing at all.

I'm interested in Em's rankings; I'm interested in your rankings. I'm not too interested in your opinion on someone else's ranking.

I'm interested in Em's rankings; I'm interested in your rankings. I'm not too interested in your opinion on someone else's ranking.
Fair enough, but I actually find the opinions on the rankings as important as the rankings themselves. If people I respect think the rankings are out of whack, or are great, then I want to hear it.

Also, every year there are a lot of people new to dynasty and if someone's rankings are horrible, then somebody should point it out, otherwise these rankings might be relied on as gospel and used as a draft guide or some sort of expert opinion.

It's not that criticism or contrary opinion isn't welcome, it's just that if the criticism isn't constructive it's going to be met with resistance. Telling me I don't understand the sport because I don't think Melvin Gordon's strength is running inside is silly. I'd much rather you tell me WHY you disagree with that instead of turning your disagreement into an insult.

It's not a very objective comment to attack the author instead of the author's argument. I'm not really too bothered by it though. :coffee:

Perriman: "BUT! He plays for the Ravens and Joe Flacco is his starting Quarterback."

- I think this is a good thing. Add in the fact that Trestman's there and I think he has a great opportunity on a good team. I have him above Parker and perhaps even White based on his landing spot.
This was the biggest question I had with the commentary. seems smith is far more likely to be the focus of the top corners for another year at least. I like Perriman a lot, just picked him as 1.13 and he'll probably be my top receiver soon (which might say more about my team but i digress)

This was the biggest question I had with the commentary. seems smith is far more likely to be the focus of the top corners for another year at least. I like Perriman a lot, just picked him as 1.13 and he'll probably be my top receiver soon (which might say more about my team but i digress)
I guess what my point with that was Joe Flacco's track record in creating fantasy relevant Wide Receivers. In the past 5 years, he's only had 2 Wide Receivers go for over 1,000 yards:

1,128 - Torrey Smith, 2013

1,065 - Steve Smith, 2014

The highest reception totals for receivers in the past 5 years are:

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

Situations change year-to-year but consistent fantasy production by WR isn't something that has come out of Baltimore recently.

It's not that criticism or contrary opinion isn't welcome, it's just that if the criticism isn't constructive it's going to be met with resistance. Telling me I don't understand the sport because I don't think Melvin Gordon's strength is running inside is silly. I'd much rather you tell me WHY you disagree with that instead of turning your disagreement into an insult.

It's not a very objective comment to attack the author instead of the author's argument. I'm not really too bothered by it though. :coffee:
Good posting Eminence. I do think you underrate Gordon but it's your opinion, I respect that. I've said in other threads that WI had their worst offensive line in probably the past 20 years. They were big but not loaded with NFL talent like the lines of the past 10-15 years. On top of that Stave is a below average QB, being nice here, and WI had the worst WR corp in the Big 10. In other words Gordon was their entire offense and he put up the 2nd best season ever for a college football RB. The guy has it. Yes I'm a Badgers fan and likely biased but in my mind he's the best WI player in the 20 plus years I've been a season ticket holder. Joe Thomas was really the only one close to Gordon. How that translates to the NFL I don't know, but from what my eyeballs tell me is this kid is special.

I guess what my point with that was Joe Flacco's track record in creating fantasy relevant Wide Receivers. In the past 5 years, he's only had 2 Wide Receivers go for over 1,000 yards:

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

Situations change year-to-year but consistent fantasy production by WR isn't something that has come out of Baltimore recently.
1. It's a good sin that the two 1000 yard performances have come the past two years (sign of development)2. Trestman. Somebody's getting 1100/10 in this offense

Its not his rankings i have a problem with, its his brief synopsis of nothing helpful to me as a person who reads these to gain more information. it may help others but i do not know how a guy who is just sharing thoughts of his i thinks can be taken at his word. my opinion about this may mean nothing to you and that is ok, but as a person who reads a gazillion rankings at many different sites i would share my thoughts for those to do what they like.

this isnt bloom or waldman, this is just a guy on the internet sharing i thinks. that is ok but his credibility is always out for judgement and why should i take someone who does not have the greatest track record at his word? i am not trying to be mean but as a reader at this forum and this thread, and i said it in his other one, this provides nothing what so ever to me so i am sharing that. if you think he shouldnt be judged for his opinion why you judging me for mine?

if he wants the attention of a thread then he better be willing to accept the criticism of people like me who read a lot of so called expert rankings like bloom and others who provide me with something more than "he is larry fitzgerald with more speed."

i have nothing against this person as he has never done anything to me, i am strictly judging his rankings as i see them. if people are upset with my opinion about someones opinions then so be it. nothing personal i am judging only his work, he is probably a great guy. i just dont give out gold stars for writing things like these quality work deserves quality regards.

Just don't get the hate towards opinions. At all.

Thanks for the list, my man. Always good to see other peoples ideas and thoughts.
I wonder how it would have been received if, say, Bloom had posted the exact same list with the same comments.

C'mon people, provide commentary on the post, not the poster.

Yep. There's a big difference between, "I disagree with your ranking on X" and what we've seen in Em's ranking threads. One incentivizes future contributions from the poster or others; the latter does not. One is how adults would debate; the latter used by children.

Its not his rankings i have a problem with, its his brief synopsis of nothing helpful to me as a person who reads these to gain more information. it may help others but i do not know how a guy who is just sharing thoughts of his i thinks can be taken at his word. my opinion about this may mean nothing to you and that is ok, but as a person who reads a gazillion rankings at many different sites i would share my thoughts for those to do what they like.

this isnt bloom or waldman, this is just a guy on the internet sharing i thinks. that is ok but his credibility is always out for judgement and why should i take someone who does not have the greatest track record at his word? i am not trying to be mean but as a reader at this forum and this thread, and i said it in his other one, this provides nothing what so ever to me so i am sharing that. if you think he shouldnt be judged for his opinion why you judging me for mine?

if he wants the attention of a thread then he better be willing to accept the criticism of people like me who read a lot of so called expert rankings like bloom and others who provide me with something more than "he is larry fitzgerald with more speed."

i have nothing against this person as he has never done anything to me, i am strictly judging his rankings as i see them. if people are upset with my opinion about someones opinions then so be it. nothing personal i am judging only his work, he is probably a great guy. i just dont give out gold stars for writing things like these quality work deserves quality regards.
Then don't read it.

No gold star for you either.

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

1. It's a good sin that the two 1000 yard performances have come the past two years (sign of development)2. Trestman. Somebody's getting 1100/10 in this offense
Going into last year Norv Turner had a similar reputation and that didn't turn out so well.

The biggest things Trestman had going for him last year were

1. Talent- Marshall and Jeffery are far more talented than anyone on Baltimore. Cutler and Forte also are more talented than anyone in the Baltimore backfield.

2. Defense- The Bears D kept their offense having to throw or kept them in garbage time. This won't happen in Baltimore.

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

Going into last year Norv Turner had a similar reputation and that didn't turn out so well. The biggest things Trestman had going for him last year were

1. Talent- Marshall and Jeffery are far more talented than anyone on Baltimore. Cutler and Forte also are more talented than anyone in the Baltimore backfield.

2. Defense- The Bears D kept their offense having to throw or kept them in garbage time. This won't happen in Baltimore.
norv had the 65 yr old Jennings and cord who couldn't run routes so he had to promote a guy that was signed off the street after cuts to his wr1 before his rookie qb started showing signs of life. This situation (with a veteran qb) couldn't be more different

Then why even read after the first post.

Rankings wouldn't be posted on a message board if we didn't want to give opinions about them.

Unless someone just wants the praise to feed an ego.

I like rankings by people but find sometimes the criticism digs deeper and actually gets to a good opinion all around.

It would be silly if that is what I had said.

I attacked your argument that he can't run inside and that he is soft.

I could have started with your comparison of WHite to Fitz but with speed. But I chose not to as I know more about Gordon than White.

And you have proven over and over on these boards that you can't handle criticism and you are bothered by it.

79 - Steve Smith, 2015

65 - Torrey Smith, 2013

65 - Anquan Boldin, 2012

64 - Anquan Boldin, 2010

Going into last year Norv Turner had a similar reputation and that didn't turn out so well. The biggest things Trestman had going for him last year were

norv had the 65 yr old Jennings and cord who couldn't run routes so he had to promote a guy that was signed off the street after cuts to his wr1 before his rookie qb started showing signs of life. This situation (with a veteran qb) couldn't be more different
It was just to show the name and rep of an OC can be just that. The skill players in Baltimore are not the same as in Chicago. Saying Perriman has Trestman as an OC and making that meat and potatos of why he'll succeed is off IMO

Users who are viewing this thread