What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Elijah McGuire (2 Viewers)

Crowell DNP again, shorter week than normal. If McGuire practices in some fashion I’m probably sliding him into my RB2 spot with only Conner and Adams as my other options. 

Championshiiiiiip! 😵
Wed, Dec 12

Elijah McGuire (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Advice: It's an upgrade for McGuire after was listed as DNP on Tuesday ahead of Saturday's tilt with the Texans. Trenton Cannon (toe) was also limited with Isaiah Crowell (toe) remaining sidelined. McGuire is the best fantasy bet of the bunch, but none of these backs has a rosy outlook vs. Houston.

(Rotoworld.com)

Wed, Dec 12

Elijah McGuire (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Advice: It's an upgrade for McGuire after was listed as DNP on Tuesday ahead of Saturday's tilt with the Texans. Trenton Cannon (toe) was also limited with Isaiah Crowell (toe) remaining sidelined. McGuire is the best fantasy bet of the bunch, but none of these backs has a rosy outlook vs. Houston.

(Rotoworld.com)
Looks like Crowell is officially out. 

Firing him up.  

I did have McGuire but not feeling that great with a banged up McGuire going against the Texans so I decided to invest in Damien Williams and Dixon, time will tell.

With Connor questionable it’s looking like McGuire will get plugged into my flex spot.

I haven’t watched one Jets snap this year and the first time I’ve owned anyone other than Crowell who has sat on my bench all year.

What can we expect from Elijah?

I’m just hoping he is relegated to the bench for the remainder of the game due to the fumble. 

Cant afford a negative out of my RB2. 

Watched the game.  He seems like a jag to me.  I started him over Sony.  Might regret it.   Lucked out with that td.  

Watched the game.  He seems like a jag to me.  I started him over Sony.  Might regret it.   Lucked out with that td.  
That’s the exact game I needed and expected from him. Needed him to fall into the end zone and he did.  I didn’t come into the game expecting a world beater, but he did what he needed to do.... stayed on his feet at the 3 yard line and let his linemen pile him into the end zone. 

That’s the exact game I needed and expected from him. Needed him to fall into the end zone and he did.  I didn’t come into the game expecting a world beater, but he did what he needed to do.... stayed on his feet at the 3 yard line and let his linemen pile him into the end zone. 
This exactly. I knew it was gonna be ugly, and wished I didn’t watch it. But 12.6 in .5 PPR from a guy I just picked up for my RB2(lol) I’m pretty happy. 

At this stage not sure my A. Jones outscores McGuires 14.10 points from yesterday. I agree with the above posts, McGuire got you what everyone thought + a TD.

After the Jets sign Bell, he won't have much value.
Even if not Bell, I imagine the new regime will bring in their own guy. McGuire has some skills and can be a quality backup (not unlike Gallman from the same stadium) but the Jets absolutely need a guy that can take pressure off Darnold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if not Bell, I imagine the new regime will bring in their own guy. McGuire has some skills and can be a quality backup (not unlike Gallman from the same stadium) but the Jets absolutely need a guy that can take pressure off Darnold.
Good comparison (Gallman). That's what I thought he was but wasnt sure if I was missing something

Users who are viewing this thread