What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2024 NFL Draft Prospects (2 Viewers)

The RAS scores for these receivers in this class are just incredible, but the analytics guys on Twitter are less than impressed with their collegiate production and are circling their wagons while fading the class, I think. Something to watch out for.

eta* Just to cite an actual posting, here's a tweet regarding YPRR and this year's class of receivers.

Last edited:
Scott Barrett
Best Age-Adjusted YPRR Season
+ Power 5-only, Age <22

1. Malik Nabers (94th percentile)
2. Troy Franklin (86th)
3. Marvin Harrison Jr. (83rd)
4. Johnny Wilson (82nd)
5. Xavier Worthy (81st)
6. Ladd McConkey (78th)
7. Javon Baker (75th)
8. Rome Odunze (65th)🤨
9. Brenden Rice (60th)
10. Brian Thomas Jr. (56th)
11. Ricky Pearsall (45th)
12. Keon Coleman (45th)

I'm down on Rome. I know I'm supposed to like him, but history says not all of these guys are going to be stars.

If I had to pick any of the big names to bust, it's him, don't know what it is but when I watch him play it just doesn't look the way a #1 NFL wide out looks. I don't know if it's lack of burst or if he runs too stiff, but I just don't see it with him.

I bumped him in my rankings because I trust what everyone else thinks, but I am very unsure about this cat. All the other big names I have no problems with, but this guy something smells rotten.

I'm down on Rome. I know I'm supposed to like him, but history says not all of these guys are going to be stars.

If I had to pick any of the big names to bust, it's him, don't know what it is but when I watch him play it just doesn't look the way a #1 NFL wide out looks. I don't know if it's lack of burst or if he runs too stiff, but I just don't see it with him.

I bumped him in my rankings because I trust what everyone else thinks, but I am very unsure about this cat. All the other big names I have no problems with, but this guy something smells rotten.
I've gotten some push back on this, but to me, he doesn't routinely get enough separation. Now, on the flip side, he is crazy good at contested targets. I just fear that NFL corners are going to have better ball skills than what he has been playing against in the NCAA.

All that being said, I have a third overall rookie pick in one league and fully expect that he will be my pick.

Bucky Irving NFL Draft Prospect Profile and Scouting Report

Kent Lee Platte
Bucky Irving is a RB prospect in the 2024 draft class. He scored an unofficial 2.28 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1348 out of 1745 RB from 1987 to 2024.

Splits projected

ras.football/ras-informatio…
He has one of the most confusing profile of any prospect I’ve ever seen.

Tex
What is confusing?

The RAS scores for these receivers in this class are just incredible, but the analytics guys on Twitter are less than impressed with their collegiate production and are circling their wagons while fading the class, I think. Something to watch out for.

eta* Just to cite an actual posting, here's a tweet regarding YPRR and this year's class of receivers.

I traded away all my rookie picks last season so I haven't followed the day to day of this class as much as I usually do but this makes sense to me after the combine. I mean those numbers all looked wildly impressive but then I looked at the players and had some questions. The biggest one was, who are these guys? I watch a ton of football but outside the LSU/UW guys and Harrison, I am very skeptical. If you are a freak, I need to see freak college production or I get more questions than answers.

I traded away all my rookie picks last season so I haven't followed the day to day of this class as much as I usually do but this makes sense to me after the combine. I mean those numbers all looked wildly impressive but then I looked at the players and had some questions. The biggest one was, who are these guys? I watch a ton of football but outside the LSU/UW guys and Harrison, I am very skeptical. If you are a freak, I need to see freak college production or I get more questions than answers.
Your answer strikes me as very odd. You say you watch a ton of football yet you are unfamiliar with any of the WRs outside of MHJ, Nabers and Odunze. Huh? Even if the only teams you watched during the season were Ohio St, UW and LSU you would, at minimum, been exposed to players like McConkey, Worthy and Coleman, to name few, from cut-in highlights.

My other thought, just because you aren’t familiar with a player does mean he can’t be a fantasy asset. Puka Nacua says hi.

You say you watch a ton of football yet you are unfamiliar with any of the WRs outside of MHJ, Nabers and Odunze.

That's absolutely not what he said. You need to read with more comprehension.

"I watch a ton of football but outside the LSU/UW guys and Harrison, I am very skeptical"

He didn't say he was unfamiliar with any of the WRs outside of those guys. He said that he was skeptical of the guys outside that ambit.

Last edited:

Your answer strikes me as very odd. You say you watch a ton of football yet you are unfamiliar with any of the WRs outside of MHJ, Nabers and Odunze. Huh? Even if the only teams you watched during the season were Ohio St, UW and LSU you would, at minimum, been exposed to players like McConkey, Worthy and Coleman, to name few, from cut-in highlights.

My other thought, just because you aren’t familiar with a player does mean he can’t be a fantasy asset. Puka Nacua says hi.
Well there’s 2 LSU WRs I like and 3 Washington WRs. I will say I am more interested in Coleman now than I was a couple months ago when he seemed like he was getting overhyped. He’s very boom or bust but he did show moments of dominance in college. I am very familiar with McConkey- well as familiar as one can be for a guy who has scored 14 TDs over 50 games. I watched Texas games and the WRs were good but they never jumped off the screen for me as NFL stars. To hear they might both be 1st round picks is cool but not what I thought when I watched 2 or 3 Texas games this past season.

Last edited:
You say you watch a ton of football yet you are unfamiliar with any of the WRs outside of MHJ, Nabers and Odunze.

"I watch a ton of football but outside the LSU/UW guys and Harrison, I am very skeptical"

He didn't say he was unfamiliar with any of the WRs outside of those guys. He said that he was skeptical of the guys outside that ambit.
You are correct. I was 3 beers in and watching UFC 88 (garbage). My apologies. Are you and llov80s related? 😁

You are correct. I was 3 beers in and watching UFC 88 (garbage). My apologies. Are you and llov80s related? 😁

Heh. We go back a bit but nothing like that, no. I was feeling a bit ornery late last night. I could have worded it more gently. Peace, 32 Counter Pass.

I watched Texas games and the WRs were good but they never jumped off the screen for me as NFL stars. To hear they might both be 1st round picks is cool but not what I thought when I watched 2 or 3 Texas games this past season.

Hmm, I don't know about both of them going in the 1st either, but they absolutely jumped off the screen to me. I've said as much a couple times. What I noticed with Worthy is Bowers was often focussed on Mitchell while Worthy was getting 5-7 yards of separation against double coverage. It's even in a Mitchell highlight video. The guy analyzing Mitchell says something like, "Okay, great route by Mitchell but watch Worthy on the top of the screen." Shows it again and laughs cuz he roasts double coverage for what would have been an easy TD. My comment from well before the combine was watching Texas several times, it was crazy how easily they both got open. That's a note from halfway through last season. I go back and forth between who I like more, but I like both more than most.

It's a really hard wr class to evaluate, but I'm obsessed with it. From 04 to 08 I was obsessed like this and made some really good calls in my rankings here and had just as many misses. I think 20 years later I might use this thread to try it again, for posterity and discussion. Because fantasy, I focus on qb, rb, wr, te, and ol. 5 weeks before the draft I'm pretty settled on qbs and will try to post those thoughts and rankings soon, nothing controversial. I can get rb and ol ranked soon too, definitely some controversial thoughts. TE is boring. WR is last for sure. Posting this to force myself to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread