What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drill Baby Drill (what about EVs) (1 Viewer)

not without massive Federal money injected they're not - did you know a large portion of Tesla profits are comes from selling credits?  crazy huh ? solar, wind ...  its like 15 years to get back to break even on solar panels, right? 15 years on wind?  IF all goes well

both wind and solar have bigly pollution/environmental impact issues don't they? 

its not so simple a task when its all looked at 
You cannot honestly and intelligently advocate against wind and solar by arguing that they exist only because of massive federal subsidies and environmental issues and then turn around and suggest a solution [ETA2 - nuclear] that doesn't exist at all without massive federal subsidies in construction, in insuring, and in handling environmental waste. 

You said in the other thread that you are a simple man, why are you making this complex by arguing that the technologies that can find investors is the worst investment?  And the technology that left a sour taste for investors in the past such that they have shied away from it for forty plus years is better?  Is it just that the investor class is stupid?  

ETA:  But this thread is about electric vehicles so I won't continue this discussion any further in this thread.  Sorry for participating in the hijack.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot honestly and intelligently advocate against wind and solar by arguing that they exist only because of massive federal subsidies and environmental issues and then turn around and suggest a solution that doesn't exist at all without massive federal subsidies in construction, in insuring, and in handling environmental waste. 

You said in the other thread that you are a simple man, why are you making this complex by arguing that the technologies that can find investors is the worst investment?  And the technology that left a sour taste for investors in the past such that they have shied away from it for forty plus years is better?  Is it just that the investor class is stupid?  
They aren't stupid.   They see the biden admin will punish them for investing in oil extraction.    esg/great reset

You cannot honestly and intelligently advocate against wind and solar by arguing that they exist only because of massive federal subsidies and environmental issues and then turn around and suggest a solution [ETA2 - nuclear] that doesn't exist at all without massive federal subsidies in construction, in insuring, and in handling environmental waste. 

yes actually I can - https://www.google.com/search?q=solar+wind+federal+funding&rlz=1C1ONGR_enUS935US935&oq=solar+wind+federal+funding&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3j33i299.4870j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I say nuclear not because its a fantastic option but rather for it producing massive amounts of energy for the investment/size etc ....

ETA:  But this thread is about electric vehicles so I won't continue this discussion any further in this thread.  Sorry for participating in the hijack.

Its not a hijack -  people want to go electric to be environmentally sensitive (stop burning fossil fuels) and costs - but they don't seem to understand we don't have a way to make all the electric WITHOUT burning fossil fuels 

I am simple - its not hard to see all the problems associated with moving to EV's, the complexities comes with the solutions on power grid, generating all the electric that will be needed without burning FF's, the environmental issues with lithium and batteries and solar panels and wind turbines etc .... those are not easy to solve

I imagine there was the same debate going on in the 1930's (or whenever, I am making that year up) when people were contemplating buying a gas powered vehicle.

Lack of gas stations. Range anxiety. Affordability. Etc.

I imagine there was the same debate going on in the 1930's (or whenever, I am making that year up) when people were contemplating buying a gas powered vehicle.

Right...at the moment...we are keeping our Honda Odyssey probably until it dies.  Knowing our current car luck of 3 older vehicles...who knows when one will die. Probably looking in the fall to switching out one of the two smaller suvs (04-CRV or 05-Escape) for something smaller and better on the ol gas or electric if we see the right price.  Range isn't really an issue as this will be a car for around town type stuff.  Wife pretty much working from home at this point...I will be on a hybrid schedule come fall...plus daughter is starting HS and we will be carpooling there as no bus available for the magnet she is going to.  Even if my wife has to go to the office...its all of 4 miles from our house anyway.

Our range issue at the moment as we travel to Wisconsin 1-2 times a year from TN...usually do the drive in a day (about 10.5-11 hours).  Now...as we get older and the kids get older...our trips will probably be less and less than they used to be...and harder to do in one day as my eyes and back do not like being in the car that long all the time.

the moops said:

You mean during the depression.    The alternative was the horse.

We didn't even need the govt  to fund gas stations yet we have them.

Users who are viewing this thread