What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you trust AZ defense all year? (1 Viewer)

Tchula

Footballguy
If you have the Cardinals defense, do you trust them as a strong every week defense the rest of the year or consider dropping them for week to week matchups? Why or why not? IMO, they seem legit and I would consider them an every week start. Theyre generating turnovers, getting sacks, and not giving points up. The only negative is I still don't trust AZ offense to not turn the ball over.

Over the next four weeks they will be a top 5 play week in and week out. They draw MIA, STL, BUF and MIN. Hopefully everyone read and listened to the numerous posters who advised picking them up in last weeks "Week 3 WW Defense" thread. They have a potent pass rush and a strong secondary to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust, no. But I'm riding them till week 9 (GB). At that point, I'll have to evaluate whether they are worth keeping over their bye (10). If they keep this up, I might just break with my normal policy of never keeping a backup DST.

If you have the Cardinals defense, do you trust them as a strong every week defense the rest of the year or consider dropping them for week to week matchups? Why or why not? IMO, they seem legit and I would consider them an every week start. Theyre generating turnovers, getting sacks, and not giving points up. The only negative is I still don't trust AZ offense to not turn the ball over.
1) Who cares if the offense turns the ball over? They will but that shouldn't affect your playing the DST2) Go back and look at the last six or seven weeks of 2011 and see how their DST scored based on your league's parameters ......they are just continuing/growing from that

At this point, there's no reason not to trust them. Only a couple questionable match-ups between now and their bye. You should know if you're making the fantasy playoffs by the time of there bye, so sandbag week 9 unless you're questionable. The worst part about the AZ D is the great potential for their offense to put them in bad positions every game.

I trust them. Here is a sample from an article prior to the 2011 season:

The Cardinals ranked near the bottom of the NFL in several key defensive categories last season, but (new DC) Ray Horton doesn't think it will take long to turn the group around.

His biggest challenge now is a lack of time. With a player lockout looming, he would like to get the basics of his defense to Cardinals players before the end of the month.

To speed that process, Horton will adopt as much of the Cardinals' vernacular as possible.

"I'll be putting my defense into their words," he said.

Having played and coached under Steelers coordinator **** LeBeau, Horton is well-versed in the type of 3-4 pressure scheme Whisenhunt wants to use.

Based on this season, is there another D you would trust? I drafted the NYJ, but now with Revis out, I'm looking golden in WW'ing AZ last week. That's my starting D from here on out. It's not like SF or Seattle are out there on the WW.

I'll ride AZ until they show that they are vulnerable... and GB isn't all that scary this year.

Based on this season, is there another D you would trust? I drafted the NYJ, but now with Revis out, I'm looking golden in WW'ing AZ last week. That's my starting D from here on out. It's not like SF or Seattle are out there on the WW. I'll ride AZ until they show that they are vulnerable... and GB isn't all that scary this year.
Same here on everything you said.

1) Who cares if the offense turns the ball over? They will but that shouldn't affect your playing the DST
An offense that turns the ball over sets up easy scores for the opposing offense. That hurts your DST scoring.Regardless of that, I'm still starting Arizona with confidence for a while. I'm happy to have grabbed them.

no one is talking about personnel - Dockett, Campbell, Wilson, and Peterson are serious players - and others on that defense are pretty good as well - if they stay healthy , they will be a top 5 NFL defense throughout the year.

'solorca said:
1) Who cares if the offense turns the ball over? They will but that shouldn't affect your playing the DST
An offense that turns the ball over sets up easy scores for the opposing offense. That hurts your DST scoring.Regardless of that, I'm still starting Arizona with confidence for a while. I'm happy to have grabbed them.
I prefer a less effective offense for my Team Defense. That generally means more time on the field for my defense and fewer shootouts.
'duaneok66 said:
no one is talking about personnel - Dockett, Campbell, Wilson, and Peterson are serious players - and others on that defense are pretty good as well - if they stay healthy , they will be a top 5 NFL defense throughout the year.
Yeah. Health seems to be the only thing that will keep Arizona from being a top defense.

I'm planning on starting them until week 7 and likely holding onto them all season long. Very talented group and they dominated the Patriots and Eagles for long stretches.

Users who are viewing this thread