What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

All these pictures of Ireland have me thinking this is one very underrated country, at least as far as travel goes. You just don't hear people say "I want to go to Ireland" when they mention where they'd like to travel/vacation but it looks like a beautiful country.

All these pictures of Ireland have me thinking this is one very underrated country, at least as far as travel goes. You just don't hear people say "I want to go to Ireland" when they mention where they'd like to travel/vacation but it looks like a beautiful country.
seriously.it's really amazing.

so green and lush in the countryside. almost surreal.

gotta concur.even in the winter, it is beautiful - the weather was chilly, but we didn't have to contend with the huge mobs of tourists.

My parents have been tour guides in Ireland for more than thirty years - we know that island pretty well.

All these pictures of Ireland have me thinking this is one very underrated country, at least as far as travel goes.  You just don't hear people say "I want to go to Ireland" when they mention where they'd like to travel/vacation but it looks like a beautiful country.

gotta concur.even in the winter, it is beautiful - the weather was chilly, but we didn't have to contend with the huge mobs of tourists.

My parents have been tour guides in Ireland for more than thirty years - we know that island pretty well.
nice.they run a company then?

my parents are angling to go back.. probably in 2007. any tips/hints on how to bring the price down... and places to visit they didn't get to on the last trip would be greatly appreciated.

nice.they run a company then?

my parents are angling to go back.. probably in 2007. any tips/hints on how to bring the price down... and places to visit they didn't get to on the last trip would be greatly appreciated.
They work with a travel agency. My Dad puts the itinerary together and supervises the driver, hotels, etc., my mother is from there so she knows the out of the way places, and the travel agency handles the money and bookings.We like to gamble, especially ponies, so there are always some stops at the fairs, country races, etc where the bookies still do the odds on chalkboards.

Dublin is a great city, but IMO it's getting a little too comercialized - almost Americanized - the country is where it's at. The monastarys and Nunerys are my favorites because nobody goes there.

As for cost - there's no getting around it - it's pricey. Sorry I can't help much there. PM me for any specific info about places to go.

some of my favorite sky pictures.  took these on a bike ride last summer

beautiful day for a bike ride

then this rolled in all of a sudden almost without warning

the sky is like 3 different colors

long storm ahead

this is a hurricane by san antonio's standards

The rain came down hard, I ended up having to take shelter in a porch of one of the administrative buildings for about half an hour before riding back home
You should think about starting a blog...
Have had one for about 8 months now at myspace.a LOT of blogs here, TONs of pictures of everything from my roadtrip pictures to different bike ride pictures to walking around downtown san antonio pictures to going out with friends pictures etc..

I take my camera almost everywhere with me so I guess you could say about the last half year of my life is in those blogs

long storm ahead

The rain came down hard, I ended up having to take shelter in a porch of one of the administrative buildings for about half an hour before riding back home
Have had one for about 8 months now at myspace.a LOT of blogs here, TONs of pictures of everything from my roadtrip pictures to different bike ride pictures to walking around downtown san antonio pictures to going out with friends pictures etc..

I take my camera almost everywhere with me so I guess you could say about the last half year of my life is in those blogs
technically, myspace is not really a true blog.

long storm ahead

technically, myspace is not really a true blog.
any suggestions?and out of curiosity, why not?

Brrrr

I figure it's past time I started helping this thread out. I prefer nature shots so that's what the vast majority of pictures I post here will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
First entry - I've enjoyed everyone's pictures so far. I just started a flickr account and thought I'd share a few of my fave pics from a recent vacation ...

A Few Pics

TOADS

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread