What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Hey pantagrapher out of curiosity, do you do any kind of digital editing to your online photos or are they all untouched? The colors in some of the pictures are amazing and I was wondering if you messed with the brightness and contrast or anything else to enhance the photo.

Hey pantagrapher out of curiosity, do you do any kind of digital editing to your online photos or are they all untouched? The colors in some of the pictures are amazing and I was wondering if you messed with the brightness and contrast or anything else to enhance the photo.
I do a lot of retouching work (mostly color and contrast, and a little exposure work for the night shots) to most of my photos. But some (especially most of those taken with the Digital Rebel) require very minor tweaks to get the color and contrast right. I do most of the work in Photoshop, but have also found that iPhoto is pretty handy for fast editing.There are some purists out there when it comes to that kind of thing, but I'm not one of them. I like the photos to look the way I envisioned them when I shot them.

hipshot? :ph34r: were you facing towards the target or away from when you took the pic?
Hipshot. I was waiting to cross at an intersection and she was right next to me. Luckily she was going in the same direction I was, so I saw that for about 5 blocks. You see that kinda stuff around every block in Argentina. :thumbup:
Please tell me you live there.
I wish. Just visiting relatives. Gotta love the place though, awesome food and hot chicks. With the exchange rate at 3 to 1, us Americans can live like kings there.

Pulling one from a while back...

this is one of my personal favorite and proudest digital cam pictures of all time.

edit- by the way this is downtown lexington, kentucky.  summer of 2005
What were you doing there?
2 week roadtrip in the summer. I got as far as the HOF in Canton then turned south. As for why I picked Lexington specifically, don't know :shrug: it was just on the way and seemed like a decent place to check out for a few hours.

Went by Cincinnati the next afternoon, one of the nicer downtowns I visited.

Llama train

Took this picture about 2 months ago when a buddy and I were hiking in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We were hiking up to the lodge at the top of Mt. LeConte along the Trillium Gap Trail (about 13 miles round trip) and came across this llama train. A few times a week they make the trek up to the lodge to replenish it for the hikers that stay up there overnight. The only way to get to the lodge is by hiking and at 6500+ feet, it's one of the highest places in the park.

Llama train

Took this picture about 2 months ago when a buddy and I were hiking in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We were hiking up to the lodge at the top of Mt. LeConte along the Trillium Gap Trail (about 13 miles round trip) and came across this llama train. A few times a week they make the trek up to the lodge to replenish it for the hikers that stay up there overnight. The only way to get to the lodge is by hiking and at 6500+ feet, it's one of the highest places in the park.
That's cool. Too bad that other guy taking a picture is in the way.

That's cool. Too bad that other guy taking a picture is in the way.
LOL, that's my buddy. Wait....I found another one that he's not in... :unsure: :photoshop: :P

Llamas....sans buddy.
How'd you do that?
Rubber stamp tool in Photoshop?
Yes, that has saved me many a time, especially in pictures like this where the background is random and easily re-generated without any particular order associated to it.

All you artsy types... I'm looking to put together a portfolio of my product design work and I'm nto quite sure how to organize it or create a nice web layout for it. Any tips? I'm OK at HTML and using Dreamweaver, but I don't know Flash, so I'm inclined to stay away from that.Finally, if I'm providing images that were from work I did with a previous employer, how should I note that and not give away too much IP? I'm not sure that they'd find out mind you, but they could if they tried.

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.I loved photography but never kept up with it after College.Not to slight anyone but Mac you wowed me.

Is that a brick of sharp cheddar cheese under your arm? Where are the crackers and the cheese knife? mmmmm I like cheese!!!

Users who are viewing this thread