What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Music Draft-Albums-Artist Alphabet Island- ****Make ALL owed picks soon or we will pick for you**** (2 Viewers)

Potential Side Bets:

when wikkid quits: O/U round 17

when Abrantes goes MIA: O/U round 22

when I first nake a pick that breaks the rules: O/U round 4

Since JML open-ended it, I'll leave it up to you. You & I as a team would have the most schizoid Island playlist in history. 
True. I figured, I was in, just looking for a partner. Appreciate the thought, but you're on your own island. It might have been great, though. Looking at your picks makes me a better music connoisseur. Final verdict: I'll go it solo. 

Thanks, though, Uruk. Good looking out.

Here is the 27 I have. Am I missing anyone?

Also I am around a bunch during the day M-F, so I can help managing it.

What is the problem with autoskipping? That is easier to manage. It's their fault if something gets picked while they are away.

Draft slots? Pick your own slots? Eg 1-8, 9-16, the #### end etc? You can be as specific or vague as you want. Draft slot picking will open up at a time not yet specified.

To deal with speed, we will have 2 people up at any given time. No autoskipping. PM people your pick if you arent around. Will need an "always" around volunteer or 2. Not me
I'd like to be last so I can be on the turn. First is a turn too, but I don't care about going first.

True. I figured, I was in, just looking for a partner. Appreciate the thought, but you're on your own island. It might have been great, though. Looking at your picks makes me a better music connoisseur. Final verdict: I'll go it solo. 

Thanks, though, Uruk. Good looking out.
Ok, we're Team Rock-Hai

Mr R and I would like to draft, please.  Not as a team.  Otherwise, we could have a major dust-up over Rush.

How are albums with no listed artist classified?  If I want the album for Les Mis, what letter is that?

Mr R and I would like to draft, please.  Not as a team.  Otherwise, we could have a major dust-up over Rush.

How are albums with no listed artist classified?  If I want the album for Les Mis, what letter is that?
O for Original Soundtrack

or 

S for Soundtrack

or should we do L for Les Miserables? 

Where would we find it in ye olde recorde shoppe?

L I think or under S for Soundtracks which would then be alphabetical

Second job of my life, right here at The Record Shop. It's been a slow, steady descent ever since. Down in the basement I had a wish list of about 200 albums stashed on a shelf up high in a dark corner.

Are you in Texas now?
Alas no, I'm in a different dark corner these days, Mississippi.

Musing aloud. I've split 35 years of my life split between Texas and Mississippi, and spent a couple of early years on the outskirts of New Orleans too. Did I mention I was born just outside of Memphis? Would you believe that I've never once wondered why I like listening to music so much?

Because we're the problem customers, we have a couple of questions.

If somepicks a movie soundtrack such as Fame, Is that listed as the first letter of the movie or 'v' for various artists?

One of us is going to pick an album by an orchestra.  Is that under the conductor, the orchestra, various, or the composer (if there is only one).  Or, if I pick the John Williams triblute album to Miklos Rozsa, is that a 'W' or an 'R'?

Because we're the problem customers, we have a couple of questions.

If somepicks a movie soundtrack such as Fame, Is that listed as the first letter of the movie or 'v' for various artists?

One of us is going to pick an album by an orchestra.  Is that under the conductor, the orchestra, various, or the composer (if there is only one).  Or, if I pick the John Williams triblute album to Miklos Rozsa, is that a 'W' or an 'R'?
I think the Fame soundtrack would be listed under F, and the orchestra album would be listed under W for John Williams.

simey said:
I think the Fame soundtrack would be listed under F, and the orchestra album would be listed under W for John Williams.
Sounds about right.

Im tempted to bung all soundtracks under S, but the morbid hope that someone only drafts soundtracks is there. Q, X and Z are pretty easy here.

simey said:
The John Williams album isn't the orchestra album we have in mind (that we've been fighting over all evening).  An example would be something by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.  Is that an F or a B or a compilation and not allowed?

The John Williams album isn't the orchestra album we have in mind (that we've been fighting over all evening).  An example would be something by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.  Is that an F or a B or a compilation and not allowed?
Best thing right now is not to overthink. 

Make a pick, slot it under a letter. I will either accept or advise what letter it should be under. If you end up with 2 under the same letter, you can chuck one back. If there is concensus disagreement with a ruling I make, Im happy to overturn. Dont pet the sweaty things. 

simey: thanks for letting me know about this.

Good to see the music gang back together - been a long time.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pass. Work is pretty busy and I'm on a long business trip halfway across the world (actually closer to JML than to anyone else) through next week.

I know myself and can't do these things half-assed.

Will pop in from time to time though.

My dad (who is 81) always says that he hated the Beatles until he heard Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops do them. So last year I decided to listen to that for myself. Sorry dad it's not very good. Muzak. 

Also, I know it's an extra step, but if people want to submit one song off the album they draft for a playlist, I can knock out a spotify list as we go.  

I have 28, including wikkidpissah.

Abrantes

AcerFC

Binkey the Doormat

Bonzai

cosjobs

dal_boys_phan

Dr. Octopus

Eephus

El Floppo

FUBAR

Hov34