What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island "Discs" Draft (2010-2019) - We Did It (1 Viewer)

While I don't disagree with the general sentiment, just for the record Araabmuzik is actually just a Dominican American guy from Providence, RI.
True, true. Noted. I checked his bio. The beat while I was writing (he changed often) was from the ME. I had looked him up and seen his top ten beats for modern-day hip hop/rap artists. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gone out of my way to not pick too much from bands that have already been taken - I've got a pretty good list of albums left where a different one from the same artist was posted after the draft. That said, I'm saying screw it for this last pick and picking an album from a band that's already been taken... by me. This is easily in my 20 most listened to albums of the decade and probably #1 from last year if I'm realistic, so how can I just leave it stranded with no island to call it's own. What's funny is even with me taking two albums, the third from the band, which I'm not taking is maybe the most loved from some people here..

20.11 - PUP - Morbid Stuff (2019)

Scorpion Hill

Kids

Bloody Mary, Kate and Ashley
This is the one I would have taken to my island ;)

ETA:  I also have 2 on my island from one artist... my bet is anyone can guess who ;)

@Chaos Commish also it’s not pure jazz but I also took The Comet is Coming. You dig them?
Not familiar but skimming the wikipedia, yes I dig them. Will listen later, thanks.

also, I need to cut off jazz after two more, but finding it difficult. Something I posted before with very high praise is gonna fall. 

I've got nothing but mad love for @Ilov80s, but besides a little rap crossover, I am not sure we agree much on music after listening to the playlist on shuffle.  It's alright - we still have movies and weed.  ;)
And gin. Not too surprising though just looking at your avatar that we have different musical tastes 

I'm guessing it was NV, but whomever took Braids...wow. Their song, miniskirt, is one of my favorites in whatever genre they are...hadn't thought about or listened to them at all in years. Thanks for making that pick

The door is open if anyone wants to sum up their island and/or post a couple of favorites they had to leave on the mainland.

Spotify playlist updated, 95-98% of the selections are in there... final tally  3556 songs...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4E0YiZpk10qsQZRggGCyer
It's all I've been listening to the last few weeks and I'm green hearting new songs like a mutha.

One question:  I bit on their offer for a 3-month free trial and when I did, the option to "Hide" songs that I didn't care to hear again went away.  On Pandora, I find the Thumbs Down button to be of great utility, but I don't have anything similar on Spotify Premium now?  Help a noob?  

Okay, now.😎

My 1st rounder woulda been:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (2012) - Fiona Apple 

Somewhere in the 1st 10 rounds, I woulda taken this:

Scavenger (2015) - Fleece

- Wake and Bake (Official Unofficial Video)

I may have a couple more lt8. 
I used to love Fiona Apple and read about her 2012 album doing research.  I really look forward to listening to this one. :thumbup:

It's all I've been listening to the last few weeks and I'm green hearting new songs like a mutha.

One question:  I bit on their offer for a 3-month free trial and when I did, the option to "Hide" songs that I didn't care to hear again went away.  On Pandora, I find the Thumbs Down button to be of great utility, but I don't have anything similar on Spotify Premium now?  Help a noob?  
hmm, I wasn't even aware of that option, let me ask my daughters, they use spotify a lot

hmm, I wasn't even aware of that option, let me ask my daughters, they use spotify a lot
Huh... I was replying to give you the answer, but now I'm not seeing it....

here is a list of what I left on the table... I don't think these were snagged but I might be wrong... 

I was very close to choosing my head is an animal as one of my last picks...

of monsters and men    my head is an animal    2011
tegan and sara    hearthrob    2013

So much good stuff in here. Thanks for drafting, guys, and thnx mphtrilogy, for keeping this up.

Anderson .Paak is butter in my speakers right now. 
For me my favorite discovery so far is Courtney Barnett who I now remember seeing perform 2 songs on the CBS Saturday Morning Show and enjoying but forgot about. I like the drafted record a lot. Reminds me of a Lou Reed/Pretenders combo.

Okay, I'll go.

Honorable Mention: Earl Sweatshirt - Doris (2013)

Another Odd Future solo project that grows with every listen and particularly smacks one in the face during introspective songs like "Chum" while switching right up to a paranoid banger like "Centurion" two tracks later. He pretty much does everything stylistically possible within a rap voice on this album. Probably the flow of the teens. He even teams up with RZA for a track called "Molasses."

Chum

Centurion

Molasses

Users who are viewing this thread