What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deadly Animal Draft (3 Viewers)

me too. i've been doing mock drafts at animalplanet.com.i have a couple sleepers that will rock this board. :yes:
I think I've got some that people may not have considered. The hardest thing is finding the russian bride so many to choose from.

####. This was seriously going to be my first pick.
I feel that one on one there isn't an animal that can beat it on land other than maybe the hippo. I would be telling you a lie if I said I wouldn't pay a dollar or two to watch that matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
gorf is up. with his acute knowledge of badass hippos and the originator of that thread, i am expecting great things from him.i'm very interested in this next pick. :yawn:

Nice pick good size and bad temperment. A good combination.
That would equate to Terrell Owens at 1.4.Although buffalo can reach top speeds of 35 mph (56 kph) and can outrun Detroit Lions if given a head start, they are slow to accelerate and are thus vulnerable to the ambush tactics of the Gruden.Check that first statement, this equates to Keyshawn Johnson at 1.4.

That would equate to Terrell Owens at 1.4.Although buffalo can reach top speeds of 35 mph (56 kph) and can outrun Detroit Lions if given a head start, they are slow to accelerate and are thus vulnerable to the ambush tactics of the Gruden.Check that first statement, this equates to Keyshawn Johnson at 1.4.
Ouch, the first pick to get criticized.

Wow. Some serious smack talk during this draft. I'll let Gepetto do the talking. :boxing:

Code:
Reportedly, a buffalo that is the only wounded will circle around and begin to stalk the hunter, waiting for an opportunity to charge the hunter and gore him with its sharp horns.
Sounds like Charles Woodson, I didn't realize you guys were drafting IDP's.

Wow. Some serious smack talk during this draft. I'll let Gepetto do the talking. :boxing:
Scary stuff... http://www.gepetto.com/Gepetto maker of women's apparel featuring rhinestones, studs, embroidery, and applique.Gapetto will have a self image problem that will render it useless in combat. I can see it now...Please stop, my slip is showing and I have a run in my pantyhose.

the cape buffalo could be a good animal to have on your team if one opposing animal is injured the cape buffalo is ideal for finishing it off.essentially the closer of pgreen's battle royale stable.

Agreed that the Cape Buffalo is one tough hombre. Seems to me a great pick is still on the board. But nice picks thus far. I likely favor the Hippo over the Cape ever so slightly, mainly because of the huge jaws and biting power. I favor both over the Black Leopard, although that was not a bad pick either. Hard to call in comparison to the GW shark.

Scary stuff... http://www.gepetto.com/Gepetto maker of women's apparel featuring rhinestones, studs, embroidery, and applique.Gapetto will have a self image problem that will render it useless in combat. I can see it now...Please stop, my slip is showing and I have a run in my pantyhose.
LOL. It is a literary reference. I plan on naming all my animals as I will be their God. Thats right.We are drafting animals- not footballguys with more than 1000 posts. Therefore I am not concerned with any of my picks wearing womens clothing.

LOL. It is a literary reference. I plan on naming all my animals as I will be their God. Thats right.We are drafting animals- not footballguys with more than 1000 posts. Therefore I am not concerned with any of my picks wearing womens clothing.
I refuse to find that you can win any homosexual/transgender smack talk discussion while your avatar is still a tub of vaseline.

Sorry, I had to find a suitable picture.

be afraid.

For my first round pick, I have selected the mighty African elephant. The Loxodonta africana.

The largest land animal, Africa's true King of Beasts. male wt 11,000 lb, up to 13,200 lb (5000 6000 kg), ht 9 ft 10 in to 11 ft (3 3.3 m); female wt 6600-7700 lb (3000-3500 kg), ht 8 ft 4 in (2.5 m). No land animal is safer from predators excepting humans with firearms.

The sheer size of this beast will intimidate all but perhaps the hippo. This is the Andre the Giant of the animal kingdom. No, make that the really-pissed-off-Andre-the-Giant-on-steroids.

Next!

Edit: more elephant photos

don't mess with this guy

another intimidating photo

Sorry, I had to find a suitable picture.be afraid.For my first round pick, I have selected the mighty African elephant. The largest land animal, Africa's true King of Beasts. male wt 11,000 lb, up to 13,200 lb (5000 6000 kg), ht 9 ft 10 in to 11 ft (3 3.3 m); female wt 6600-7700 lb (3000-3500 kg), ht 8 ft 4 in (2.5 m). No land animal is safer from predators excepting humans with firearms. The sheer size of this beast will intimidate all but perhaps the hippo. This is the Andre the Giant of the animal kingdom. No, make that the really-pissed-off-Andre-the-Giant-on-steroids.Next!
very strong in taking the african elephant. these are the subtle difference that others who will not do as well won't notice.all i know is that someone picking a cat over the african elephant has their work cut out for them.hypothetically. :ph34r:

Sorry, I had to find a suitable picture.be afraid.For my first round pick, I have selected the mighty African elephant. The largest land animal, Africa's true King of Beasts. male wt 11,000 lb, up to 13,200 lb (5000 6000 kg), ht 9 ft 10 in to 11 ft (3 3.3 m); female wt 6600-7700 lb (3000-3500 kg), ht 8 ft 4 in (2.5 m). No land animal is safer from predators excepting humans with firearms. The sheer size of this beast will intimidate all but perhaps the hippo. This is the Andre the Giant of the animal kingdom. No, make that the really-pissed-off-Andre-the-Giant-on-steroids.Next!
very strong in taking the african elephant. these are the subtle difference that others who will not do as well won't notice.all i know is that someone picking a cat over the african elephant has their work cut out for them.hypothetically. :ph34r:
So you think. I am prepared for the Elephant. I only hope that I wil be after 25 more picks. :ph34r:

Well. I had the African Elephant rated low 1st. I consider this to be the type of pick with low upside. Good pick, if you are playing it safe.Just like Eddie George: big and slow.... he isn't going anywhere far in a short distance of time and has almost no lateral movement.Ok, enough of the wild animal/football player comparisons.........But to be honest I was hoping he fell to me at the bottom of the second. He would have paired well with the Great White. Wishful thinking I guess.

You should get points because your Cape Buffalo's haircut looks like Snoop Dogg's
the only resemblence his cape buffalo is going to have to snoop is that my animals are going to put a cap in its ###.fo shizzle

Just like Eddie George: big and slow.... he isn't going anywhere far in a short distance of time and has almost no lateral movement.
wrong, wrong, wrong.a charging elephant can attain speeds of up to 25 mph. granted, that's not nearly as fast as some of the cats, but it's not too shabby for a big fella.

Nice pick with the African elephant. However, since you didn't specify the bull, I believe under the rules we can limit you to the smaller, less dangerous female. Commish, can I get a ruling on this?

Downside :thumbdown:

How important a role with the Sea Creatures play in voters' minds?
Not a downside in this voter's mind. The earth is 2/3 water, and the Great White has no competitors in the ocean. He is far more dominant over all other sea creatures than hippo is over land creatures. Having great white on your squad means you win the ocean regardless of the other team's three sea animals.I love gepetto at this pick.

Nice pick with the African elephant. However, since you didn't specify the bull, I believe under the rules we can limit you to the smaller, less dangerous female. Commish, can I get a ruling on this?
Good point.

Not a downside in this voter's mind. The earth is 2/3 water, and the Great White has no competitors in the ocean. He is far more dominant over all other sea creatures than hippo is over land creatures. Having great white on your squad means you win the ocean regardless of the other team's three sea animals.I love gepetto at this pick.
i have a couple picks that i think would more than rival the great white. :yes:

we only had to specify species, not gender.

i have a couple picks that i think would more than rival the great white. :yes:
Well sadly even as a spectator I will not talk about other animals before they are picked, but unless you are imagining picking an animal with only two legs there is no way you beat Gepetto at home.

Wait til you see my Russian Bride pick, then.
:rotflmao: lol at the russian bride species.sadly, i'm thinking some of them will be much more deadly than the late round animals we pick.

thank you sandbagger. glad to see someone has some common sense around here.
Yeah, lets not haggle over gender. Just assume that the person drafting wants the tougher of the two. BTW, female hippos are the heads of the 'pack' or whatever its called. LMAO at the first pick in the draft being a female.

At the rate this draft is going, I will be picking sometime on Wednesdayand it will conclude next year.....

yeah i'm sadly thinking this is done for the night.who's bigjay?
I don't know but his is on the clock and must have his pick in within the alotted 12 hrs or we get to pick it for him:

Users who are viewing this thread