What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daunte Culpepper Unretired (1 Viewer)

beavers

Footballguy
DAUNTE EMERGES FROM RETIREMENT

Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2008, 2:25 p.m.

In an e-mail sent to various media outlets (including us), retired quarterback Daunte Culpepper has opted to give football another try.

Here’s what he said:

“A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the League. As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL. It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game but rather, the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire. Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career. For the second half of this season, I hope to play a role in helping a team win some games. I want to thank all of those who encouraged me to ‘keep a light on’ for the right NFL opportunity that would eventually come back to me.”

Culpepper recently spoke to the Chiefs, but they signed Quinn Gray to serve as the backup to Tyler Thigpen, since both Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard are on injured reserve.

Here’s a team to watch — the Broncos. Patrick Ramsey was placed on IR after Monday night’s loss to the Broncos, giving Denver a need on the depth chart behind Jay Cutler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been strongly encouraged from family, friends and league personnel to continue to be patient and wait for an inevitable injury to one of the starting quarterbacks in the league. I would rather shut the door to such “opportunity” than continue to wait for one of my fellow quarterback’s to suffer a serious injury. Since I was not given a fair chance to come in and compete for a job, I would rather move on and win in other arenas of life.

Anybody think that he has the chance to put up decent numbers? Or do you think that the rust of not playing for so long and the fact that he has to learn a new playbook will severely limit his potential? That's not to mention those of you who think that his lack of talent might not have something to do with his lack of potential.

why is this ##### constantly spamming the world w/his e-mails?

could he possibly just start a blog like everybody else?

Would like to see him get a fair shake.

In Miami he just wasn't physically right

In Oakland he had no chance.

The 3 D's would be good opportunities Denver, Dallas & Detroit

Cutler isn't going to miss time (yet)

Culpepper probably wouldn't be ready to jump in in Dallas

Detroit would be his best bet for long term viability. Calvin is Moss pt 2, but stronger.

Some of you guys are nuts. Calvin is way better off in Detroit with Orlovsky. C-Pep would get killed behind that line and retire again by half time of his first start.

Chicago Hooligan said:
I have been strongly encouraged from family, friends and league personnel to continue to be patient and wait for an inevitable injury to one of the starting quarterbacks in the league. I would rather shut the door to such “opportunity” than continue to wait for one of my fellow quarterback’s to suffer a serious injury. Since I was not given a fair chance to come in and compete for a job, I would rather move on and win in other arenas of life.
Exactly. And now he wants to come back because a few QB's are injured and teams are in need? This is what you call a head case attention whore.

Chicago Hooligan said:
Exactly. And now he wants to come back because a few QB's are injured and teams are in need? This is what you call a head case attention whore.
ya, its totally unacceptable that a person can actually enjoy football and want to play.

Chicago Hooligan said:
ya, its totally unacceptable that a person can actually enjoy football and want to play.
You're completely missing the point. The reason why he retired was becaues he didn't want to fill in when other QB's got hurt. Now that a few are hurt, he suddently wants to play again? Puhlease.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: First I think Daunte is terrible. He is a fumblaholic. All teams are better off without him....but for the Megatron owner side of me....Detroit would be nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread