What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (17 Viewers)

I don't see a big enough gap between Dallas Turner and the later 1st round DL options (Verse, DT Murphy, Latu, Chop Robinson, DT Newton) to take Turner at 9.
These guys were drafted at:
15 Latu
16 Murphy
17 Turner
19 Verse
21 Robinson

With Newton falling to round 2.

Mildly surprised that JPJ didn't go in the late first. Any chance we trade up into the mid 2nd and take him? Or do we hold tight and possibly get a Frazier/Van Pran im the 3rd?

From Shefter:

Updated look at last year's Panthers-Bears trade:

Bears receive:
WR DJ Moore
2023 first-round pick (OT Darnell Wright)
2023 second-round pick (CB Tyrique Stevenson)
2024 first-round pick (QB Caleb Williams)
2025 second-round pick

Panthers receive:
2023 No. 1 pick (Bryce Young)

I'd say this makes up for all the times the Bears got duped over the years.

From Shefter:

Bears receive:
WR DJ Moore
2025 second-round pick

Panthers receive:

I also hope we always remember to tip our caps to Lovie Smith. He not only won a meaningless game in January to drop Houston out of the #1 overall spot, but did so by converting a 4th and 20 for a TD and going for a 2-pt conversion in the last minute of the game.

Mildly surprised that JPJ didn't go in the late first. Any chance we trade up into the mid 2nd and take him? Or do we hold tight and possibly get a Frazier/Van Pran im the 3rd?
I like the spot the Bears are in right now. If someone slides in the second, I'm all for them moving up from 75 or throwing their own 2nd next season to get a slipping prospect this year.

I was willing to move the Panthers 2nd next year before the draft, but man I don't think that team has a direction at all.

Trading into the first for Legette was a dumb move IMO. I see him so similar to Mingo. At least we know they have a type of WR they like. End of the day they are giving up extra assets to get poor returns on the value. They will be drafting early again next season.

I was willing to move the Panthers 2nd next year before the draft, but man I don't think that team has a direction at all.

Trading into the first for Legette was a dumb move IMO. I see him so similar to Mingo. At least we know they have a type of WR they like. End of the day they are giving up extra assets to get poor returns on the value. They will be drafting early again next season.
Legette is a legit talent IMO. 6'1" 225 4.39 40, great route runner, plays hard 100% of the time. He'd be in the upper tier of WRs in pretty much any other draft. Make no mistake, CAR has done well this offseason. They addressed a woefully pathetic IOL, got better at WR, and added a few minor pieces to the DEF. They will not be in the running for the #1 overall pick in 2025.

Legette is a legit talent IMO. 6'1" 225 4.39 40, great route runner, plays hard 100% of the time. He'd be in the upper tier of WRs in pretty much any other draft. Make no mistake, CAR has done well this offseason. They addressed a woefully pathetic IOL, got better at WR, and added a few minor pieces to the DEF. They will not be in the running for the #1 overall pick in 2025.
Legette is a big guy. During the combine he looked massive compared to the rest of the class. I'm skeptical of the "one year" Senior season breakout type of players. Historically they don't translate to the NFL as well as underclassman breakouts. This was the same knock people had on Mingo last year and I think they are on to something with this theory. I had Legette as a mid-late second round pick. Coleman and McConkey are better IMO.

Panthers also lost their best defensive player, so we'll see what that does for them. I just don't think they improved much this offseason.

It's been wild seeing the offensive arms race happening the black & blue NFC North. The Bears draft makes complete sense in that context; gotta score points to beat the Pack/Lions/Vikes. Loved the Odunze pick. Absolute stud as their WR 3. Just a massive upgrade over the suck that is Scott/Pettis/Jones Jr.

They kept showing past drafts where QBs went 1 2 3 and the odds certainly don't favor Caleb. Maybe 20% the he will be a stud QB, BUT this Bears team is STACKED on offense. No excuses really.

Agreed. Hasn't been a better situation for the #1 pick to walk into in many years while also being one of the most hyped QBs coming out in the last 10 years.
Yep. I'm trying not to overhype the situation but I feel safe saying the Bears have a top 10 Defensive unit.

Top 3-5 WR room
Top 5-10 TE room
Top 5-10 RB room
Top 15 OL?

If the next two picks go to OL and DL, I'm thrilled.

I'd be disappointed if the Bears miss the playoffs.

I just heard on Jeff Radcliff's show on the NFL Fantasy Channel on Sirius that some are saying that Caleb is ALREADY the best Bears QB ever. While this is somewhat tongue in cheek and happy hyperbole, and COULD eventually end up being true, is does a little bit of disservice to Sid Luckman and Johnny Lujack. That said, its really going to be fun NFC Central this season....:shades:

I just heard on Jeff Radcliff's show on the NFL Fantasy Channel on Sirius that some are saying that Caleb is ALREADY the best Bears QB ever. While this is somewhat tongue in cheek and happy hyperbole, and COULD eventually end up being true, is does a little bit of disservice to Sid Luckman and Johnny Lujack. That said, its really going to be fun NFC Central this season....:shades:
He's got to do it on the field. Caleb has grown on me. I didn't watch a lot of USC. I saw the highlights and the lowlights. Seeing some more interviews and hearing from the current Bears players about him, I like him more now. He seems like a good guy trying to do and say the right things. Its hard living under a microscope, but he is handling it well. He is in position to be the biggest thing since Jordan. Rooting hard for him.

Why do you want to add a third center before a pass rusher?

What does this D look like if Sweat misses time? We'll be getting picked apart at will.

From Shefter:

Bears receive:
WR DJ Moore
2025 second-round pick

Panthers receive:

It's fun to break down but if it doesn't translate into playoffs it's meaningless.

What does this D look like if Sweat misses time? We'll be getting picked apart at will.
I think JPJ has potential to be a perennial all-pro so trading for that makes some sense if the price is right. Shelton/Bates are upgrades from Patrick for sure. They're still likely to be the weak spot in the OL.

Edge is a much much bigger hole and I'm right there with you. I was screaming for someone in FA and it never happened. To be totally honest, I don't think there will be a decent edge left by 75.

I hate to say it, but we might have to give Ngokue a call back.

Braswell, Kneeland and Trice are about the only 3 Edge Rushers I'd be interested in tonight. I've seen Trice fall to 75 in a mock or two, but the others will be long gone.

If all three are gone, take the best OL available.

I think JPJ has potential to be a perennial all-pro so trading for that makes some sense if the price is right. Shelton/Bates are upgrades from Patrick for sure. They're still likely to be the weak spot in the OL.

Edge is a much much bigger hole and I'm right there with you. I was screaming for someone in FA and it never happened. To be totally honest, I don't think there will be a decent edge left by 75.

I hate to say it, but we might have to give Ngokue a call back.
I know it's not the day to get on Poles but I've been thinking about it looking at the draft and can't understand how he didn't bring in a pass rusher in FA.

High ceiling. Not ready to start yet. I'm OK with that. Trice went a few picks before. I won't complain with all these offensive players

I don't hate the pick. The board took two big back to back hits with Beebe and Trice. Disappointed in that turn of events for sure.

Looks like a promising selection at T. Applaud the move to stabilize the OL although this pick is more of a future value based on development. The strategy is clearly offensive overhaul top to bottom. Looks like they decided to keep draft capital for 2025. The critical pieces going in will be Williams and Sweat. If either player gets hurt it will be frustrating.

From my perspective, Poles has absolutely slayed this draft. He's filled roster holes without reaching, stayed pat at the right time, and traded to get what appears to be his day 3 guy giving up a modest pick.
I sincerely hope that coach Flus is able to keep the offense and defense energy from the 2nd half of last season. If so, I think the Bears are pushing into playoff territory.

I loved the draft.

I hope this punter is as advertised. A punter in the 4th seems like a reach still. However a lot of other teams starting taking random upside shots around that same time.

Bears still need to make a call to a FA DE or two.

Users who are viewing this thread