What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (9 Viewers)

Its been a rough month. Listened to a couple of the Bears podcasts last night and I don't think I've ever felt the fan base so angry, disappointed and frustrated with this franchise as they are right now. 2023 was supposed to be a step forward and the reality is that it looks like this franchise took two giant steps backwards this year.

Flus might be the worst HC in the NFL. Faith in him is gone and its questionable if he even knows what he is doing. He's a defensive coach with the worst D in the league. Bears have 1 sack after 3 games and finally got their first takeaway this week when KC put in Blaine Gabbert. They made Jordan Love and Baker Mayfield look like all-pros.

Fields is done and the Offense can't do anything right. Teams get pressure only bringing 4. They take away Fields running game and he can't beat a team passing. The whole NFL knows this.

Poles constructed a poor roster. His talent evaluation is looking pretty bad now. Spent money on FAs with zero impact on the games.

Its September and people are already starting to think about the draft which is freaking sad. Even more depressing that we know this franchise can't develop a young QB, so we're just going to ruin the #1 pick and be back in this same boat in 2028.

Ownership is one of the worst in the league. They are cheap and ok with losing.

Top it all off with the franchise making news off the field as well with its incompetence.

This was actually last week, I had missed all this Fields/Bears Coaches and front office stuff...I love what Greeny does on Get Up about half way thru this video

And everything they expected ended up happening as the bears got rolled badly
"Dumpster Fire" is the term used in the link, hard to argue right now

And the Bears just Bears'ed all over themselves... no clue how the game ends like this.
After the final INT, I cursed up a storm and the wife asked why I was so upset after before the game telling her that I wouldn't be upset if we lost. It's just the way that they lost this game. Its hard to lose a game how the Bears just did and yet sure enough they pulled it off. So frustrating because I actually think the Bears were the better team on the field today.

The Chicago #Bears now hold the #1 and #2 overall picks in the NFL Draft. If Caleb and Marvin Harrison jr are on the Horizon, does Poles move Fields?
Caleb should be a lock for #1and he's an upgrade of JF all day. As much as I'd love Harrison and he probably is the second best player in the draft, the Bears need to go OL or DL with their other first rd pick. Both lines are trash.

The Chicago #Bears now hold the #1 and #2 overall picks in the NFL Draft. If Caleb and Marvin Harrison jr are on the Horizon, does Poles move Fields?
Caleb should be a lock for #1and he's an upgrade of JF all day. As much as I'd love Harrison and he probably is the second best player in the draft, the Bears need to go OL or DL with their other first rd pick. Both lines are trash.
The shark move is to pick Caleb at 1 and trade down to a QB needy team with the 2 pick.

I'm not sure why people are down on Poles. He passed on QB this year and now has them in position to draft generational talent at QB. The guys is a brilliant GM

The shark move is to pick Caleb at 1 and trade down to a QB needy team with the 2 pick.

I'm not sure why people are down on Poles. He passed on QB this year and now has them in position to draft generational talent at QB. The guys is a brilliant GM
I'm not sure its a skill to field the worst football team in NFL two years in a row.

Unfortunately, I agree with this. If you can drop two or three spots, who knows, you still might get Harrison or the best DE or OT.

I'm not sure its a skill to field the worst football team in NFL two years in a row.
Come on now. Not many GMs can be this consistent at being bad. He's even got the players and coaches fully on board with his plan

Come on now. Not many GMs can be this consistent at being bad. He's even got the players and coaches fully on board with his plan
Probably involves ruining Caleb Williams as well so he can draft Arch Manning in 4 years. #masterclass

Flus needs fired. He and Getsy shouldn't have even been allowed on the plane back to Chicago. Box up their crap and set it on the curb. Don't even let them in the building again. They played scared offense and defense the entire 4th quarter, took Fields out of his rhythm, and lost the game with yet another baffling offensive playcall on 4th down. That entire sequence was the epitomy of the Eberflus era. But we're building towards something special...SMH.

If they're picking first again Poles and Eberflus need to be gone and they need to give an entire new regime Williams and the second top five pick. DO NOT let two losers screw up another off-season.

Quickest way for an NFL franchise to rebuild? Get the first two picks in the draft and select Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. Gonna take 14 more weeks of ****ty football from them and the Panthers, but possible. Done.

Flus needs fired. He and Getsy shouldn't have even been allowed on the plane back to Chicago. Box up their crap and set it on the curb. Don't even let them in the building again. They played scared offense and defense the entire 4th quarter, took Fields out of his rhythm, and lost the game with yet another baffling offensive playcall on 4th down. That entire sequence was the epitomy of the Eberflus era. But we're building towards something special...SMH.
I'd love to know who made the call on 4th down. They mentioned on sports radio (670 the Score) that even early on in situations like that Harbaugh would talk with Lamar Jackson and ask what play he wanted to run, what did he feel comfortable with. I don't know if Flus/Gets/Fields have that kind of relationship yet, but it would be nice to know who owns that decision. While I personally would have kicked the FG, I get why they didn't. But man that play call sucked.

I'd love to know who made the call on 4th down. They mentioned on sports radio (670 the Score) that even early on in situations like that Harbaugh would talk with Lamar Jackson and ask what play he wanted to run, what did he feel comfortable with. I don't know if Flus/Gets/Fields have that kind of relationship yet, but it would be nice to know who owns that decision. While I personally would have kicked the FG, I get why they didn't. But man that play call sucked.
The decision to go for it was irrelevant, IMO. The playcall, like many other in that game and every other game this year, though, was inexcusable. Running the ball into our weakness (C and G) from the shotgun on that particular play was just not smart. They had been using motion and moving fields out of the pocket all game and he performed! They'd been using play action successfully all game. With all that, every single person in the stadium knew that we were running the ball up the middle on 4th down.

The Claypool situation just highlights how inept the leadership is here.

He halfasses on the field and we don't bench him. Makes a comment about the coaches not using him right and gets told to stay home.

When the media attempts to clarify if the Bears are forcing Claypool to stay away or its his decision, they literally flip flop on the story twice now.

This is basic stuff we can't get right.

I hope the Bears ownership sees what a joke they are right now.

There are national media outlets promoting the idea of Caleb Williams going back to school or demanding a trade if the Bears get the #1 pick.

Literally calling the organization a "dumpster fire".

Time to reflect is now.

What the actual **** did Luke Getsy do during the offseason and training camp? It is inexcusable to finally realize the potential of your QB 4 games into the season. And despite Fields' play during the last two games, the play calling has still been garbage. Hear me out, I think I have an idea of what's going on. Watch the first drive of the game. Always scripted and always reasonably successful. Now watch as Getsy comes online to live play calling. It's repetitive, non-intuitive and often doesn't even fit the situation. I'm convinced that he is not at all comfortable in real time play calling. And that is the absolute LAST place you want to have someone who's anxious or not confident.

Acquiring Montez Sweat from Washington for a 2nd. By far our biggest need. Good move.
Guy is a free agent in March. A 2nd and have to pay him a fortune, I don't see that as a good move. Maybe I'm missing something?
Agree.

If they don't sign him, they get a comp 3rd probably, but big difference for a rebuilding team between and early 2nd and a comp 3rd. Unless they had a discussion on a contract extension before the deal, it reminds me of the Claypool trade, although Sweat is actually good.

Acquiring Montez Sweat from Washington for a 2nd. By far our biggest need. Good move.
Guy is a free agent in March. A 2nd and have to pay him a fortune, I don't see that as a good move. Maybe I'm missing something?
Agree.

If they don't sign him, they get a comp 3rd probably, but big difference for a rebuilding team between and early 2nd and a comp 3rd. Unless they had a discussion on a contract extension before the deal, it reminds me of the Claypool trade, although Sweat is actually good.
They had to have agreed to an extension or the trade is atrocious. If they sign him to deal this is excellent trade for Bears. Maybe they understand now it might be smart to build up the trenches on both sides?

Commanders have tough decisions they can’t afford to sign all of their d linemen to lucrative extensions. Early second rounder is a nice return for a player they couldn’t re-sign.

Agree.

They had to have agreed to an extension or the trade is atrocious. If they sign him to deal this is excellent trade for Bears. Maybe they understand now it might be smart to build up the trenches on both sides?

Commanders have tough decisions they can’t afford to sign all of their d linemen to lucrative extensions. Early second rounder is a nice return for a player they couldn’t re-sign.
I guess maybe this give them a head start on FA to lock him up. Is a high 2nd rounder too much for that? Probably but I also don't really trust Poles making draft selections so....

Really frustrated by the logic here. We are potentially trading Johnson, which doesn’t reflect well on management and indicates giving up on this year, but we are trading a high second pick for sweat? Why solve Washington’s problem? Why not just sign him as a free agent AND have the 35th(ish) pick in the draft? We actively don’t want to be better this year, we aren’t going to the playoffs. A team in the Bears position is wiser to tank hard and fully evaluate all personnel for 2024 and beyond.

The great move was drafting him, then trading him for the 2nd rounder (35th pick right now). It’s obvious the Bears haven’t learned a thing about trading away draft picks for players you have to pay market value for. As much as they need Sweat, I would rather have the pick and pay that pick much less for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread