What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (1 Viewer)

Kreutz eviscerated Pace in the post game. 
I wish I could've heard that.  What did he say, just that if Pace doesn't fire Fox that he should be fired, too?  I love Olin. Follow him on Twitter. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say they are an embarrassment to the city of Chicago.  Given the record murder and shootings, high taxes, corruption, school union, Madigan, Rahm Emanual, that god awful spaceship of a stadium, and general disfunction and incompetence that is Chicago, cook county, and Illinois; Chicago deserves the bears.

Sadly, I'm finally up for season tickets next year, after signing up 15 years ago. I'm going to pass. I have no interest in supporting this team.

It's not the angry fans, or the pissed fans that the Bears need to worry about. It's the growing legion of indifferent ex fans.  After decades of absolutely nothing from this team, this franchise is dead.

Signed, lifelong Illinois resident and newly disinterested bears fan.

I wouldn't say they are an embarrassment to the city of Chicago.  Given the record murder and shootings, high taxes, corruption, school union, Madigan, Rahm Emanual, that god awful spaceship of a stadium, and general disfunction and incompetence that is Chicago, cook county, and Illinois; Chicago deserves the bears.

Sadly, I'm finally up for season tickets next year, after signing up 15 years ago. I'm going to pass. I have no interest in supporting this team.

It's not the angry fans, or the pissed fans that the Bears need to worry about. It's the growing legion of indifferent ex fans.  After decades of absolutely nothing from this team, this franchise is dead.

Signed, lifelong Illinois resident and newly disinterested bears fan.
While I may not agree with the entirety of your post, the Bears have accomplished something I never thought would happen:  I really have no desire to watch.  Beautiful day in Chicago yesterday - no Bears for me!

I wish I could've heard that.  What did he say, just that if Pace doesn't fire Fox that he should be fired, too?  I love Olin. Follow him on Twitter. 
Really got fired up listing his failures and ended it saying you can’t be wrong that often and expect to keep a job. Had the crowd roaring with him by the end of it. 

Deiondre’ Hall looked plenty healthy as a gunner on special teams. Mind-boggling that the now 3-9 #Bears would play 30-year-old Chris Prosinski (who was just re-signed last week) over a 23-year-old prospect.  

Oh, and Adam Shaheen played 9-of-37 snaps on offense.

Since 1967, the Bears have run 37 or fewer offensive plays in a game 2 times per @pfref.

Yesterday, and Week 7 vs. the Panthers 

The Bear's last two coaches are two out of about five of the worst coaches in their history.  The Bears have been around for close to 100 years.

Successful franchises get rid of the coach when it's time like the Giants. The Bears stick with the status quo and keep the lame duck coach for the entire season just to rub it in everyone's face and crush their spirit. Nice job! 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Yesterday's Bears are the 1st team in NFL/AFL history to lose a game when:
- Scoring a punt return TD
- Winning the turnover battle
- Not allowing a TD

I wouldn't say I'm a football expert - just a fan, I never played, coached at any level, etc.  I get that young guys like Tarik Cohen and Adam Shaheen may struggle picking up the playbook.  They probably aren't alone in that regard, among young players.

But at a certain point, isn't there a certain responsibility from the coaching staff to install a set of plays that might work to their skill sets?  It wouldn't be really that hard to give Adam Shaheen a set of maybe 5 or 10 plays where he is the primary target.  A TE screen or simple posts and flags.  He really can't execute those basic receiving functions?  I find it hard to buy.

Similarly, a package of plays for Cohen.  OK, he's not the best at pass protect or in the two minute drill.  Thankfully that leaves...the rest of the game.

It's derelict, it's bizarre that the Bears put up with it, but in all seriousness, I'm really just at a loss to understand the thinking of this coaching staff.  It's almost as if the coaching staff is intentionally trying to stunt the development of Ryan Pace's players.

Maybe someone can provide an example, but I cannot think of a single team in a lost season that refused to use its recently drafted players.  I really can't.

rschroeder1 said:
I wouldn't say I'm a football expert - just a fan, I never played, coached at any level, etc.  I get that young guys like Tarik Cohen and Adam Shaheen may struggle picking up the playbook.  They probably aren't alone in that regard, among young players.

But at a certain point, isn't there a certain responsibility from the coaching staff to install a set of plays that might work to their skill sets?  It wouldn't be really that hard to give Adam Shaheen a set of maybe 5 or 10 plays where he is the primary target.  A TE screen or simple posts and flags.  He really can't execute those basic receiving functions?  I find it hard to buy.

Similarly, a package of plays for Cohen.  OK, he's not the best at pass protect or in the two minute drill.  Thankfully that leaves...the rest of the game.

It's derelict, it's bizarre that the Bears put up with it, but in all seriousness, I'm really just at a loss to understand the thinking of this coaching staff.  It's almost as if the coaching staff is intentionally trying to stunt the development of Ryan Pace's players.

Maybe someone can provide an example, but I cannot think of a single team in a lost season that refused to use its recently drafted players.  I really can't.
Fox has checked out and didn't like the players Pace brought in.  Think of it as a big "F U" to Pace. He knows Pace can't do anything about it. 

Hawkeye21 said:
The Bear's last two coaches are two out of about five of the worst coaches in their history.  The Bears have been around for close to 100 years.
To be fair, George Hallas was the coach for about half that time.

I'll go further on this. He cut Robbie Gould, who has been spectacular since. Then he brought in Aguayo and paid the $400K for submitting the claim.  So Pace KNEW that Barth sucked, brought in a bum and paid him $400k for nothing.  Aguayo was, well, Aguayo. So they keep Barth. 

In the meantime, Jake Elliot was claimed from the Bengals practice squad and is KILLING IT in Philly...so you could say "hey, the bears just didn't know about Elliot".  Well, he's from Chicago, and he was at the senoir bowl where the bears GARBAGE coaching staff actually had him on their squad and coached him.

EPIC FAIL!!!
Just wanted to put an ending on this story:

I'll go further on this. Bears cut Robbie Gould. Then he brought in Aguayo and paid the $400K for submitting the claim.  So Pace KNEW that Barth sucked, brought in a bum and paid him $400k for nothing.  Aguayo was, well, Aguayo. So they keep Barth, who sucked and got cut, then the brought in santos, who sucks and has a hurt groin.  Then they play against a god awful 49ers team and get pantsed by a kicker...Robbie Gould.   

In the meantime, Jake Elliot was claimed from the Bengals practice squad and is KILLING IT in Philly...so you could say "hey, the bears just didn't know about Elliot".  Well, he's from Chicago, and he was at the senoir bowl where the bears GARBAGE coaching staff actually had him on their squad and coached him.

So bad, so bad, so so so bad.

I wonder if the video monitor in front of virginia mckasky is showing plays from the 85/86 bears?  She probably wouldn't notice.

You could argue bringing in crap kickers in a rebuilding year is a stroke of brilliance to preserve your draft position.

You could argue bringing in crap kickers in a rebuilding year is a stroke of brilliance to preserve your draft position.
You could, but then you are relying on the assumption that the coach, GM, and organization is competent and can draft quality players.  The bears are not.

Maybe they will trade up to get a player that everyone on the entire planet (except for pace) knows the team in front of you is NOT ever ever ever ever ever going to draft.  You know the team that said that they are going to draft Solomon Thomas, the kid that played college at stanford, just down the road from where the 9ers play..

So Fn stupid it is almost not fathomable.  

You could, but then you are relying on the assumption that the coach, GM, and organization is competent and can draft quality players.  The bears are not.

Maybe they will trade up to get a player that everyone on the entire planet (except for pace) knows the team in front of you is NOT ever ever ever ever ever going to draft.  You know the team that said that they are going to draft Solomon Thomas, the kid that played college at stanford, just down the road from where the 9ers play..

So Fn stupid it is almost not fathomable.  
Im sick if hearing how the Bears organization is so diseased, everything they do is doomed to failure. if thats the case, bail out. Why complain about the allegedly inevitable? when all the McCaskeys die out, come on back, but that wont be for decades.

NBC Sports Sunday coming in hot tonight : https://t.co/0akwbenyw1
:lmao:

Good as Gould.  Something we used to say quite often.

If you'll recall, he really did have a garbage year in 2015 which led to his departure.  Was making too much and was complacent in fixing his own issues.  Glad he worked him back into a reliable option, but it was just at our expense in more ways than one.  Yesterday putting a bullet on it.

#Bears coach John Fox: "Other than Philadelphia, I think we've played competitive games. We've just come up short." :yawn:

flapgreen said:
Yesterday's Bears are the 1st team in NFL/AFL history to lose a game when:
- Scoring a punt return TD
- Winning the turnover battle
- Not allowing a TD
If you're not first, you're last. :bag:

I will say this- I still have an open mind on Pace, and dont think you can totally judge a GM for at least 3 years because thats just the nature of developing a football team when youre starting with a dumpster fire.

However, I was just thinking about how awful the Saints looked at the end of Pace's term as director of player personnel, and what they look like now talent wise.

Gotta admit thats not a good sign.

Im sick if hearing how the Bears organization is so diseased, everything they do is doomed to failure. if thats the case, bail out. Why complain about the allegedly inevitable? when all the McCaskeys die out, come on back, but that wont be for decades.
Well, I tried being a bengals fan for a while...then I switched to the bucs.  Woof.

I truly believe there is a concern that fans will bail, or more importantly they will become apathetic.  The bears are a shadow of their former selves....this franchise is no longer relevant in the NFL.

That is pathetic, and a shame.  

John Fox on #Bears can accomplish over final four games: "We’re in the last quarter of the season, just like the fourth quarter of a game. People remember what you do in December." #Bears went 1-7 in the last quarters of the 2015, 2016 seasons under Fox.

John Fox on #Bears can accomplish over final four games: "We’re in the last quarter of the season, just like the fourth quarter of a game. People remember what you do in December." #Bears went 1-7 in the last quarters of the 2015, 2016 seasons under Fox.
People remember what you do in the first week of February. This is why you're a loser Fox.

Ah ok...  Go figure.  I watch at a bar without audio so I often miss stuff like that.  That's why I ask a lot of questions in the game threads when I finally notice that a player is missing or something.
A normal coach and GM would looking for younger guys to try out like the eagles did with Elliott. Not Chicago! Let's sign a 35 year old dude with 4 games left in the season. 

Oh and let's sign 2 more guys in their 30s last week and start them Sunday, while leaving your recently activated 2nd year safety on the bench. 

Yet another take on the horrific Bears: Ben McAdoo won 13 games in less than two years and Giants fired him. John Fox has 12 Ws in almost three years and he is preparing for Bengals. Giants acted now because Mara wanted "tactical advantage" in searches. Bears will wait, naturally.

Yet another take on the horrific Bears: Ben McAdoo won 13 games in less than two years and Giants fired him. John Fox has 12 Ws in almost three years and he is preparing for Bengals. Giants acted now because Mara wanted "tactical advantage" in searches. Bears will wait, naturally.
Giants org will always be light years ahead of the Bears in every way. 

Keeping Fox around just reaffirms this franchise has no real dedication to winning.  Jimmy Mac us right. As long as they have the same owners, nothing will change.  Pace was brought in to change the culture. They're still losing the same ways they've always lost.  Unless crazy Virginia and George are holding out to fire both Pace and Fox together, it will be more of the same.  If I was a potential head coaching candidate, I wouldn't go to the Bears if I had any other options. 

flapgreen said:
Keeping Fox around just reaffirms this franchise has no real dedication to winning.  Jimmy Mac us right. As long as they have the same owners, nothing will change.  Pace was brought in to change the culture. They're still losing the same ways they've always lost.  Unless crazy Virginia and George are holding out to fire both Pace and Fox together, it will be more of the same.  If I was a potential head coaching candidate, I wouldn't go to the Bears if I had any other options. 
Exactly, just like FA this past season, our bears are seen as a franchise you don't want to play/coach for.  Honestly we're barely a step up from the Browns with our front office and ownership problems.  Its getting harder and harder to stay a bears fan, got excited with our draft past spring but watching what Fox does and what our ownership continues to do....

### #### it!

Users who are viewing this thread