What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

I'd be fine being selfish and putting my backpack wherever I wanted. Everyday all you see are people being selfish. Only a very small percentage of people are considerate in every situation. It's ok to do what YOU need to do for yourself every now and then, especially with something like this. There are much greater things out there to worry about being considerate of others for. This isnt one of them.
I think that's a very sad way to view the world. I generally try to do what I hope others would and make the world better for my having been there. Helps me keep a nice and positive outlook on life.
Saw a tweet once:

Fascinated by how the behavior of the people who took 3 pieces of pizza at the pizza party because they thought it would run out and the people who took 1 piece for the exact same reason is such a perfect encapsulation of American beliefs about community.
Then there are the people who are having a hard time finding their second slices and, instead of blaming the host for not having enough pizza available or the people who took three slices when there was only enough for everyone to have two, he makes the one who only took one feel guilty because he took a slice of pepperoni instead of plain. Come to think of it, that seems pretty American as well.

Check out the restaurant thread to see my thoughts on how sharing food in general is a cluster**** that is best avoided.
Ha. Just a metaphor here for another cluster.

Took the twins out for pizza and refreshments after soccer practice with the goal of watching some NBA playoffs. I had a spot picked out that makes terrific pies, brews their own beer, TVs all over, but NO, these clowns out-voted me so we went to place called Pizza Schmizza and as you might guess from the name, their pizzas SUCK. Customer service is no better. But they have pizza by the slice and TVs and beer and how bad can their pizza truly be? It's been years, I'll give them another shot.

Boys get two slices each but I wanted some that hadn't been sitting around for hours, something that wasn't just plain cheese or peperoni or whatever yuck fest they created with mushrooms all over it. So I got a sausage, pepperoni, jalapeno, pineapple pie, cooked fresh.

Pizza comes out after the boys were almost done and I just grabbed one slice out of the box - the cretins put giant COLD pineapple slices on each piece.....huge, round circular slices right out of a Delmonte can. WTF? I have 3/4 of it left over and there's not enough weed in Oregon to entice me back to this thing.

Took the twins out for pizza and refreshments after soccer practice with the goal of watching some NBA playoffs. I had a spot picked out that makes terrific pies, brews their own beer, TVs all over, but NO, these clowns out-voted me so we went to place called Pizza Schmizza and as you might guess from the name, their pizzas SUCK. Customer service is no better. But they have pizza by the slice and TVs and beer and how bad can their pizza truly be? It's been years, I'll give them another shot.

Boys get two slices each but I wanted some that hadn't been sitting around for hours, something that wasn't just plain cheese or peperoni or whatever yuck fest they created with mushrooms all over it. So I got a sausage, pepperoni, jalapeno, pineapple pie, cooked fresh.

Pizza comes out after the boys were almost done and I just grabbed one slice out of the box - the cretins put giant COLD pineapple slices on each piece.....huge, round circular slices right out of a Delmonte can. WTF? I have 3/4 of it left over and there's not enough weed in Oregon to entice me back to this thing.
well, to be fair, you ordered the pineapple.:penalty:

I know. I'm the weirdo who likes pineapple on his pizza. When it's cooked on there with everything else. Cannot believe cold pineapple was ever an option.

I know. I'm the weirdo who likes pineapple on his pizza. When it's cooked on there with everything else. Cannot believe cold pineapple was ever an option.
I also like pineapple on pizza. This place you went to should be shut down.

I love me some pepperoni, pineapple and jalapeno pizza. It's a nice sweet/spicy combo for sure...........but cold pineapple and huge round slices at that? WTF?

Pizza Schmizza sounds like their motto is quality, schmaulity

Pizza Schmizza sounds like their motto is quality, schmaulity
My exact thought

You’re not helping your case for Oregon. :laugh:

You’re not helping your case for Oregon. :laugh:

The place I wanted to go makes terrific pies! Plenty of great pizza places in Oregon. Pizza Schmizza is NOT one of them.

There is no excuse to eating bad pizza in Portland with all the amazing options we have.

I'd always wondered if Schmizza was any good. Now I know I can scratch it off my list.

There is no excuse to eating bad pizza in Portland with all the amazing options we have.

I'd always wondered if Schmizza was any good. Now I know I can scratch it off my list.
Sounds like you need to completely excise it from your brain. With prejudice.

Pizza Schmizza restaurant based in Portland and other Oregon cities offers unique pizzas,

Any place that uses the word unique to describe their pizzas are a big no from me.

Pineapple on pizza is a no for me. Nevertheless, putting cold pineapple rings on it is insane. I would never have accepted that.

The twins need to get better taste buds and some food sense.

The other problem here is you ordered too many toppings for it to be good. More than 2-3 toppings is just asking for a sloppy, messy slice of pizza that collapses under its own weight.

The other problem here is you ordered too many toppings for it to be good. More than 2-3 toppings is just asking for a sloppy, messy slice of pizza that collapses under its own weight.

I DIDNT KNOW THE COLD PINEAPPLE RINGS WERE GOING TO WEIGH 11 POUNDS!!!!111110NE

I DIDNT KNOW THE COLD PINEAPPLE RINGS WERE GOING TO WEIGH 11 POUNDS!!!!111110NE
You should have removed the pineapple discs from your pizza and whipped them at your kids while still in the restaurant.

I went down the schmizza hole

n 2003, Pizza Schmizza received complaints from an advertising watchdog group for hiring homeless men to hold signs bearing the slogan "Pizza Schmizza paid me to hold this sign instead of asking for money".[3]Owner Andre Jehan countered that this was a way to help the homeless and that the homeless found the arrangement a positive experience.[

I went down the schmizza hole

n 2003, Pizza Schmizza received complaints from an advertising watchdog group for hiring homeless men to hold signs bearing the slogan "Pizza Schmizza paid me to hold this sign instead of asking for money".[3]Owner Andre Jehan countered that this was a way to help the homeless and that the homeless found the arrangement a positive experience.[

I dont see a problem with them doing this.

Just gonna hipple this

I like pineapple on pizza from time to time, usually just the traditional Hawaiian though. Cold pineapple rings is crazy but what do you expect from a place called pizza schmizza or whatever .

Also calling pizza a pie is dumb

I hate places with stupid names too, someone recommended Major Tomato to me and im not sure I can bring myself to go there

Kinda want pizza now

Just gonna hipple this

I like pineapple on pizza from time to time, usually just the traditional Hawaiian though. Cold pineapple rings is crazy but what do you expect from a place called pizza schmizza or whatever .

I hate places with stupid names too, someone recommended Major Tomato to me and im not sure I can bring myself to go there

Kinda want pizza now
Grab Buddy's or Jets.

Just gonna hipple this

Kinda want pizza now
Grab Buddy's or Jets.
They’re in the regular rotation

I'd be fine being selfish and putting my backpack wherever I wanted. Everyday all you see are people being selfish. Only a very small percentage of people are considerate in every situation. It's ok to do what YOU need to do for yourself every now and then, especially with something like this. There are much greater things out there to worry about being considerate of others for. This isnt one of them.
I think that's a very sad way to view the world. I generally try to do what I hope others would and make the world better for my having been there. Helps me keep a nice and positive outlook on life.
Saw a tweet once:

Fascinated by how the behavior of the people who took 3 pieces of pizza at the pizza party because they thought it would run out and the people who took 1 piece for the exact same reason is such a perfect encapsulation of American beliefs about community.
My office is filled with people who take one serving, or less, of whatever communal food is offered. So much so, the last piece will fester for hours, or not be eaten at all.

The sole exception to this behavior: Christmas rum cake, where it’s a limb-risking feeding frenzy when the box hits the holiday snack table.

The lady who loudly announces EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that she only wants an inside piece of the sheet cake that is brought in for a work/office party.

We get it Becky, you don't want icing on the side of your piece because you are always watching your sugar intake or trying some new fad diet and don't have the willpower to just not eat cake at all...

The lady who loudly announces EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that she only wants an inside piece of the sheet cake that is brought in for a work/office party.

We get it Becky, you don't want icing on the side of your piece because you are always watching your sugar intake or trying some new fad diet and don't have the willpower to just not eat cake at all...

Same person who cuts a wedge out of a donut when they are brought into the office.

Same person who cuts a wedge out of a donut when they are brought into the office.
Of all the reasons why working from home is superior to going to the office, avoiding this person ranks right up there with avoiding rush hour traffic. 🍩 🚗

People who drift when they walk. My friend does this and it annoys me to no end. Whenever we walk through a parking lot to a store she somehow starts veering toward me whether I'm inside or outside. I think it's a way for her to assume control as eventually I just slow down and let her pass and walk 1/2 step behind.

Then she scolds me for not walking next to her. :huh:

Of all the reasons why working from home is superior to going to the office, avoiding this person ranks right up there with avoiding rush hour traffic. 🍩 🚗
But then you're not getting the office donuts. It's a quandary.

Buttercream frosting FTW

But then you're not getting the office donuts. It's a quandary.
I'd rather just buy my own, the best ones usually get scooped up before I get there anyways.

People who drift when they walk. My friend does this and it annoys me to no end. Whenever we walk through a parking lot to a store she somehow starts veering toward me whether I'm inside or outside. I think it's a way for her to assume control as eventually I just slow down and let her pass and walk 1/2 step behind.

Do you own a Pizza Schmizza? GM would like to have a conversation about pineapple with you.

Do you own a Pizza Schmizza? GM would like to have a conversation about pineapple with you.
There is no conversation:yucky:

My kids each got a 15 dollar Jimmy Johns gift card from my folks for Easter. I think Jimmy John is a giant ******* and avoid ordering, but money was already spent.

Order some food for delivery. Enter gift card info. Hmm, only option is to try and pay the whole thing with a gift card or credit card. No "apply balance" button. No option to checkout and get a new balance after card is applied. Annoying.

Do a quick Google search. Someone on Reddit says download the app, that will allow you to do that. Download app, choose sandwiches. App doesn't allow you to customize, so no hot peppers or dijon mustard for us. But whatever. Go to checkout, and what do you know, same thing. No option apply gift card balance.

So **** you Jimmy John. I ordered some lousy pizza instead.

Posted this to facebook about 5 years ago. Still do it.

My kids each got a 15 dollar Jimmy Johns gift card from my folks for Easter. I think Jimmy John is a giant ******* and avoid ordering, but money was already spent.

Order some food for delivery. Enter gift card info. Hmm, only option is to try and pay the whole thing with a gift card or credit card. No "apply balance" button. No option to checkout and get a new balance after card is applied. Annoying.

Do a quick Google search. Someone on Reddit says download the app, that will allow you to do that. Download app, choose sandwiches. App doesn't allow you to customize, so no hot peppers or dijon mustard for us. But whatever. Go to checkout, and what do you know, same thing. No option apply gift card balance.

App absolutely allows you to customize. I do it all the time.

Here's one that's draft related. When did "he's got that dog in him" or " he doesn't have that dog in him" become a thing? People use it like a measurable that we're supposed to use like a 40 time.

Here's one that's draft related. When did "he's got that dog in him" or " he doesn't have that dog in him" become a thing? People use it like a measurable that we're supposed to use like a 40 time.

Yeah, that's pretty trite and they really need to specify. If a player had "my dog" inside of him, he'd field the ball and run backwards for a safety before peeing on the goalposts and getting tangled up in the kicker's practice net.

Yeah, that's pretty trite and they really need to specify. If a player had "my dog" inside of him, he'd field the ball and run backwards for a safety before peeing on the goalposts and getting tangled up in the kicker's practice net.
My pugs sleep about 22 hours a day. Hopefully not like that either.

People who save their crazy support issues/requests for Friday at noon. I can see the time stamps on your emails and you’ve been sitting on this issue for 2 or 3 days, but now on Friday afternoon when we are short staffed, our oversees partners are gone, it is urgent and must be resolved today.

Proceed how you wish, but remember this is a man trying to get jimmy johns delivered.

Sounds like your dog has a good grip and perhaps a barbed unit.

Figured it out. I was trying to order some family bundle thing. Looks like that thing in particular doesn’t allow for customization

Users who are viewing this thread