What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (10 Viewers)

Bank of America not offering the ability to add extra principal to online car loan payments. Only option appears to be going into a branch and making a payment in person.

**Update: branch can’t do it either, unless you bring two checks/or cash for two separate transactions. Only option now appears to be mailing in the payment. Worst bank ever.

Last edited:
Bank of America not offering the ability to add extra principal to online car loan payments. Only option appears to be going into a branch and making a payment in person.

**Update: branch can’t do it either, unless you bring two checks/or cash for two separate transactions. Only option now appears to be mailing in the payment. Worst bank ever.
Hmmm my last car loan I thought was BOA and I would just pay $700 for a $400 monthly payment and it would automatically go towards principle. I definitely do it on my current loans not BOA but swear I did the same for them..

You might want to go into one of the branches that is a financial center and look into this.

And please believe me, BofA isn't the worst bank ever. Ever dealt with Wells Fargo?

stop putting your money in to banks. don't take out loans from banks. use credit unions. better rates, better customer service, you get dividends on the money you hold and reimbursement for ATM fees if you take out cash.

banks exist to soak money from you in every way possible and they are very, very good at it.

Hmmm my last car loan I thought was BOA and I would just pay $700 for a $400 monthly payment and it would automatically go towards principle. I definitely do it on my current loans not BOA but swear I did the same for them..
Did that on the first payment, all it did was lower my next month’s payment.

You might want to go into one of the branches that is a financial center and look into this.

And please believe me, BofA isn't the worst bank ever. Ever dealt with Wells Fargo?
Teller at the branch today told me they were able to apply extra to principal prior to a recent “system upgrade”. She filed some sort of customer complaint on my behalf. Doubt it will do anything, but she said they have had multiple people come in and complain about it.

I’ll add that the remittance portion of the bill has a specific line that says additional principal. Can’t understand how a bank teller doesn’t have the ability to do it, but the person who receives the mailed in payment does.

stop putting your money in to banks. don't take out loans from banks. use credit unions. better rates, better customer service, you get dividends on the money you hold and reimbursement for ATM fees if you take out cash.

banks exist to soak money from you in every way possible and they are very, very good at it.
I typically do, but found the car I wanted and didn’t want to risk losing it, so let the dealer do the financing. And I realize banks want to get as much of the interest off the loan as they can, but what BOA does to practically eliminate the ability to pay additional principal is pretty shady.

I typically do, but found the car I wanted and didn’t want to risk losing it, so let the dealer do the financing. And I realize banks want to get as much of the interest off the loan as they can, but what BOA does to practically eliminate the ability to pay additional principal is pretty shady.
move your loan if you can get a better rate at a local CU

Only if you let them. I seem to have married Charles Schwab. We never pay stupid fees, or any fees for that matter. Mr R can game a system like a boss.

Although credit unions rock. My dad co-founded the one at his company and financed his home purchase himself. Score!

Only if you let them. I seem to have married Charles Schwab. We never pay stupid fees, or any fees for that matter. Mr R can game a system like a boss.

Although credit unions rock. My dad co-founded the one at his company and financed his home purchase himself. Score!
the thought that your husband has to game the system is the problem. most people aren't paying attention or aren't savvy enough to win the game.

the thought that your husband has to game the system is the problem. most people aren't paying attention or aren't savvy enough to win the game.
Except that we aren't actually doing anything. I can't remember ever paying a bank fee.

Except that we aren't actually doing anything. I can't remember ever paying a bank fee.
so he's gaming the system by not doing anything? and you're not paying fees at a bank?

OK

so he's gaming the system by not doing anything? and you're not paying fees at a bank?

OK
I hVe accounts at wells and chase. I pay zero fees. I guess being smart means I a gaming the system.

OK
I hVe accounts at wells and chase. I pay zero fees. I guess being smart means I a gaming the system.
I have to admit, I'm curious as to what bank fees people are paying that are a part of a normal account.

OK
I have to admit, I'm curious as to what bank fees people are paying that are a part of a normal account.
Yep. I’ve been with BoA forever and have never paid any fees. I use Vanguard for a Money Market. Rates aren’t super, but steady.

OK
Yep. I’ve been with BoA forever and have never paid any fees. I use Vanguard for a Money Market. Rates aren’t super, but steady.

i haven't been with a bank in 20 years but have been working in the banking/wealth world going on 30

OK

i haven't been with a bank in 20 years but have been working in the banking/wealth world going on 30

My bank does charge out of network ATM fees I probably get hit with this once or twice a year

Assuming they charge for a wire, I think most do?

Also I believe I get charged a foreign transaction fee but in most cases if I’m abroad im using a cc anyway and I know my cap 1 waives them

Hmm can't tell the last time I paid a bank fee. The last time I accidentally overdrawn, paid bill from wrong account, was sent a n email that if I deposit within 24 hours no charge.

Are we saying credit unions don't have overdraft fees?

Probably 2 of those will ever possibly affect me. So not too worried about it

OK

My bank does charge out of network ATM fees I probably get hit with this once or twice a year

Assuming they charge for a wire, I think most do?

Also I believe I get charged a foreign transaction fee but in most cases if I’m abroad im using a cc anyway and I know my cap 1 waives them
yeah, you will get hit with wire fees. more for foreign wires.

Unless you're a Brohan

Yes they are.

My dad passed away suddenly in 2011. My mom was unwell at the time, in a nursing home and wheelchair bound. I was not on their BoA accounts.
I had Power of Attorney over both my parents and BoA DEMANDED my mom visit a branch to sign a piece of paper. They would not accept anything else.

Chase, on the other hand, faxed the POA paperwork and all was well.

Not sure how many people know this, but unlike their insurance products, which are only available to veterans and their family members, the banking services are open to the public. As long as you don't need to go into a physical branch, it is superior to every other bank I've ever used: no ATM fees, reimbursement for fees charged by machine operators, superior customer service.

Also, note the "family members" in the paragraph above. If one of your parents was a vet (or in my case, served in the Foreign Service), you are eligible for membership, too. I think it may even extend to future generations, although I'm not positive about that.

Not sure how many people know this, but unlike their insurance products, which are only available to veterans and their family members, the banking services are open to the public. As long as you don't need to go into a physical branch, it is superior to every other bank I've ever used: no ATM fees, reimbursement for fees charged by machine operators, superior customer service

I did NOT know their banking services were available to the public. I'm a fan - all my kids are on USAA for banking and will hopefully use them for auto-insurance when I boot them off ours. The reimbursement for ATM fees is awesome.

Another perk - mobile deposit is instantaneously available for use once it's deposited (up to $25K per day). BofA mobile deposit - funds not available until next business day. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Not sure how many people know this, but unlike their insurance products, which are only available to veterans and their family members, the banking services are open to the public. As long as you don't need to go into a physical branch, it is superior to every other bank I've ever used: no ATM fees, reimbursement for fees charged by machine operators, superior customer service.

Also, note the "family members" in the paragraph above. If one of your parents was a vet (or in my case, served in the Foreign Service), you are eligible for membership, too. I think it may even extend to future generations, although I'm not positive about that.
I was told that the vet in question also had to be a USAA member for family to be eligible. My father was career AF, but was not a member so I was told I was not eligible.

I was told that the vet in question also had to be a USAA member for family to be eligible. My father was career AF, but was not a member so I was told I was not eligible.
Yes, I think that's right. I seem to recall a friend having a similar experience to yours

Not sure how many people know this, but unlike their insurance products, which are only available to veterans and their family members, the banking services are open to the public. As long as you don't need to go into a physical branch, it is superior to every other bank I've ever used: no ATM fees, reimbursement for fees charged by machine operators, superior customer service

I did NOT know their banking services were available to the public. I'm a fan - all my kids are on USAA for banking and will hopefully use them for auto-insurance when I boot them off ours. The reimbursement for ATM fees is awesome.

Another perk - mobile deposit is instantaneously available for use once it's deposited (up to $25K per day). BofA mobile deposit - funds not available until next business day. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
USAA was way out in front with mobile deposits. I remember the first time I saw that you could take a picture of a check to deposit it, I was like, "WHAT SORCERY BE THIS?!?!?" because no one else was doing it at the time

Last edited:
when people assume that because they do/can do something that everyone else must be able to as well.

i know, flabbergasting that the furley's aren't buying their soon to be driver a $70k car. doesn't everyone do that?? are people not able to afford that or something??

I seriously doubt that kiting checks occurs on USAA accounts.

My dad served in the RAF. I don't think I'm eligible.

Try UKAA

I have an 8 year old son; he has a friend the same age that lives down the street. Tonight at around 6:30, the friend stops by ringing doorbell to come inside to play. Of course, my son sees/hears him and no way to say no (or at least no way for my wife to say no, as she is the one who let him inside). They proceed to run all over the house causing havoc all evening. We have cell phone numbers of his parents, and they have ours — no advance reach out like “hey, is it okay if our son comes over to play?” I would never consider just setting my son loose on someone’s house without warning (or at least would not have, but feels like this unannounced invitation needs to be returned).

I have an 8 year old son; he has a friend the same age that lives down the street. Tonight at around 6:30, the friend stops by ringing doorbell to come inside to play. Of course, my son sees/hears him and no way to say no (or at least no way for my wife to say no, as she is the one who let him inside). They proceed to run all over the house causing havoc all evening. We have cell phone numbers of his parents, and they have ours — no advance reach out like “hey, is it okay if our son comes over to play?” I would never consider just setting my son loose on someone’s house without warning (or at least would not have, but feels like this unannounced invitation needs to be returned).
That's how we rolled back in the day.....

Moms should have said sorry little windmill can't play right now

Try UKAA
"Services" to "Kickoff"?

Certainly easier with texting now, but I called in advance when I was younger. Remember usually getting the mom’s or dad’s on the phone picking up. Maybe that was not common, but I did not want to go out on a misinformed sally.

Certainly easier with texting now, but I called in advance when I was younger. Remember usually getting the mom’s or dad’s on the phone picking up. Maybe that was not common, but I did not want to go out on a misinformed sally.
We roamed liked stray dogs in the late 70s and early 80s 😂

Eta Don't disagree with your peeve just stating how much different it is now

We roamed liked stray dogs in the late 70s and early 80s 😂

Eta Don't disagree with your peeve just stating how much different it is now
Same. The kids in our neighborhood did the same. Sometimes my kid got turned away. Sometimes we turned her friends away. :shrug:

I take it you didn't grow up in the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread