What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (4 Viewers)

People that buy bottled water at airports instead of filling up a reusable one at the water fountain. The water fountain water is cold too.

Not all airports have those fancy fountains, especially the airports that I find myself in. And most "fountain water" tastes disgusting.

People that buy bottled water at airports instead of filling up a reusable one at the water fountain. The water fountain water is cold too.

Not all airports have those fancy fountains, especially the airports that I find myself in. And most "fountain water" tastes disgusting.

Your bottled water comes from a tap.
Yeah, but it doesn’t have gross airport people’s lips on it
Ever stand at the urinal in an international airport and wonder what all time zones the urine on the floor your standing in came from?

Ever stand at the urinal in an international airport and wonder what all time zones the urine on the floor your standing in came from?
Be aware of the European ones.

I don't travel with a thermos :shrug:
Why not?
[/
I don't travel with a thermos :shrug:
Why not?
/QUOTE]
Seems unnecessary to travel in my backpack with for something I may or may not use. I rarely ever drink water at the airport[

Eta: besides coffee I probably drink only 2 cups of water a day. Always been like that. Outside very strenuous activity/in the heat

Last edited:

Can't say that i have.

Negative

-People in the industry who do not have any contact info (outside of their email) in the signature of their email address. That just strikes me as being very unprofessional.

I got rid of my office phone a few years ago because I was tired of spending so much time deleting cold call voicemails. If you need to get a hold of me, email me. If I want you to have my personal phone number, I'll give it to you.

Your body, you choice. Nobody's making you pierce anything.
And nobody is under any obligation to look attractive to you. In fact, it's probably better for them that you don't want to look at them at all.
Thanks for the lesson prince albert.
And nobody is under any obligation to look attractive to you. In fact, it's probably better for them that you don't want to look at them at all.
sure guy but I like posted my opinion in a thread about pet peeves and some folks seem to agree with me. My opinion isn't a moratorium on body piercing.

Thought I might agree with the person that said a side stud in nose is ok.
So your pet peeve is how some people choose to decorate their own bodies? It bothers you that much?
Clowns decorate themselves for attention. Everybody wins here buddy.
Lots of people decorate themselves for attention. Do you wear a watch or a wedding ring, or wear clothes that have been cut or dyed in a way that might enhance your appearance. Do you comb your hair? Do you know any non clown women that wear jewelry or make up? Are you Amish?
I dont get your point. If they decorate for attention and get attention isnt that what they wanted?

No. But thanks a lot! No way I don’t think of it next time.

clients not understanding that they can't have on-demand results

i know that their end client, who is obviously very rich and used to getting their way, wants a new mansion built tomorrow because they told you they spent a lot of money today on a piece of land and they need to move in tomorrow but that's just not how... anything... works. ever. anywhere.

so stop emailing me, calling me and thinking that looping in my manager and her manager and executives above that is going to get the mansion built in a day. it's not remotely possible. my job is not to tell your client to grasp reality. that's yours. so do it.

sure guy but I like posted my opinion in a thread about pet peeves and some folks seem to agree with me. My opinion isn't a moratorium on body piercing.

So your pet peeve is how some people choose to decorate their own bodies? It bothers you that much?
Lots of people decorate themselves for attention. Do you wear a watch or a wedding ring, or wear clothes that have been cut or dyed in a way that might enhance your appearance. Do you comb your hair? Do you know any non clown women that wear jewelry or make up? Are you Amish?
I dont get your point. If they decorate for attention and get attention isnt that what they wanted?
Maybe I misunderstood your post, but it seemed to compare people who have nose piercings to clowns because of some desire to "decorate themselves". My point was that everybody, including you and I, decorate ourselves for attention except for maybe the Amish. Of course, those beards and bonnets can be a little flashy too.

This.

But we're not allowed to buy water now or risk offending Moops, so I'll just carry my empty jug around in silent defeat.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but it seemed to compare people who have nose piercings to clowns because of some desire to "decorate themselves". My point was that everybody, including you and I, decorate ourselves for attention except for maybe the Amish. Of course, those beards and bonnets can be a little flashy too.
Not knocking anybody else, but just wanted to point out that not everybody does this. Sure, I groom myself and pay some attention to what I wear, but that's more to keep from attracting any additional attention rather than looking for more.

I guess that's one reason I never related to the fashion threads here - the goal there always seems to be attracting positive attention, and that's just not what I'm looking for.

one of these days i'm going to PIT a HS kid that goes flying past me on the road to school because i'm only doing 30-32 in a 25

two-lane street with parking on either side. it's not a long feeder street between avenues. takes 20 seconds to drive the length. just be patient or you're going to wreck mommy & daddy's car.

does Amazon sell spike strips?

I thought the whole reason for getting dressed was so that no one would have to look at me naked but ITT I learned that I was doing it for attention.

Not knocking anybody else, but just wanted to point out that not everybody does this. Sure, I groom myself and pay some attention to what I wear, but that's more to keep from attracting any additional attention rather than looking for more.

I guess that's one reason I never related to the fashion threads here - the goal there always seems to be attracting positive attention, and that's just not what I'm looking for.

This times a million.

This.

But we're not allowed to buy water now or risk offending Moops, so I'll just carry my empty jug around in silent defeat.
Pet peeve thread. Settle down.

Plastic is bad. It’s bad for everything. Any chance we get to reduce our plastic use, that’s a good thing. So yes, if you are in some ****ty airport with ****ty water, buy good water in a bottle. No problem with that at all. However nearly all of us are at least flying out of some metropolis in the states that most assuredly had good quality tap water. I urge you to try it.

This.

Plastic is bad. It’s bad for everything. Any chance we get to reduce our plastic use, that’s a good thing. So yes, if you are in some ****ty airport with ****ty water, buy good water in a bottle. No problem with that at all. However nearly all of us are at least flying out of some metropolis in the states that most assuredly had good quality tap water. I urge you to try it.
We buy the bottled water, and then refill the bottles with tap water. Good enough?

This.

We buy the bottled water, and then refill the bottles with tap water. Good enough?
I wear one of these all the time when I’m out and about. Works great and I fill it up with filtered water from home. Lasts all day.

but there are times where some knucklehead in Row 20 will put his bag above Row 9 or 10 (just behind first class) for some reason.
I have never understood this concept. If everyone uses their allotted space above them there should be no issues for anyone. It's when people do this stupid crap that the whole system gets messed up.
It’s the knob that brings everything they own on board. Last flight I was on I saw a woman with 4 carry ons. Largest allowable roller bag with a small bag that won’t fit under the seat resting on top of said roller. A backpack that was also too big to go under the seat. And a medium sized purse. Ridiculous
Should be one overhead space alloyed per seat, period. But the gate workers also need to identify people with too many carry ons.

ETA what arrow said
There aren't that many overhead bins on many planes though. There's been a big push with the "space bins" in the last 5 years or so, which now hold like 6/bin. But previously, each bin held 3-4 bags and was generally the space of 5-6 passenger seats.

Hopefully a problem that goes away with every new plane that replaces an old one, or with every airline that hates how it messes with scheduling enough to retrofit the new style space bins.

That said, first class seats are chock full of jerks not in the bulkhead who board right away and put two bags up. I shamelessly will pull a backpack out if I board without room for my bag (I'm boarding in group 1 usually so its insane when this happens) and just ask if this is someone's bag that can go below their feet so we don't hold up boarding. If nobody answers I give to flight attendant and say "ma'am, I think this bag was left by the previous passengers, just want to make sure it gets to lost and found" quite loudly. Which my flight attendant friends have advised me to do. Works like a charm.

I know this is from a couple weeks ago, but what is your position if the backpack in question is the traveler’s only carry on?

Then there's the ahole who takes the entire overhead with a guitar. I once had to gate check my carryon because Lucille is too delicate to check.
I don't think there is anyone that would check a musical instrument. Have you seen how they toss suitcases around?

I just bought a super secure travel case that holds two guitars. Plan on flying to London with it in June for a show. Will let you know how it goes.

but there are times where some knucklehead in Row 20 will put his bag above Row 9 or 10 (just behind first class) for some reason.
I have never understood this concept. If everyone uses their allotted space above them there should be no issues for anyone. It's when people do this stupid crap that the whole system gets messed up.
It’s the knob that brings everything they own on board. Last flight I was on I saw a woman with 4 carry ons. Largest allowable roller bag with a small bag that won’t fit under the seat resting on top of said roller. A backpack that was also too big to go under the seat. And a medium sized purse. Ridiculous
Should be one overhead space alloyed per seat, period. But the gate workers also need to identify people with too many carry ons.

ETA what arrow said
There aren't that many overhead bins on many planes though. There's been a big push with the "space bins" in the last 5 years or so, which now hold like 6/bin. But previously, each bin held 3-4 bags and was generally the space of 5-6 passenger seats.

Hopefully a problem that goes away with every new plane that replaces an old one, or with every airline that hates how it messes with scheduling enough to retrofit the new style space bins.

That said, first class seats are chock full of jerks not in the bulkhead who board right away and put two bags up. I shamelessly will pull a backpack out if I board without room for my bag (I'm boarding in group 1 usually so its insane when this happens) and just ask if this is someone's bag that can go below their feet so we don't hold up boarding. If nobody answers I give to flight attendant and say "ma'am, I think this bag was left by the previous passengers, just want to make sure it gets to lost and found" quite loudly. Which my flight attendant friends have advised me to do. Works like a charm.
What if that backpack is the only thing someone else brought on, though? I mean, it would be cool of them to put it by their feet anyway, but if they don't need access I could see them preferring it up there so they have as much personal space as the person who brought only one bigger carry on gets.

Never mind my earlier question. I see the question has already been asked and then beaten into the ground.

Last edited:
I thought the whole reason for getting dressed was so that no one would have to look at me naked but ITT I learned that I was doing it for attention.
Yep. Wearing jeans is the exact same thing as wearing goth makeup, having three holes in your lip, getting a neck tat, or a mohawk. There are no degrees, it is all exactly the same.

Therefore you must accept it all.

This.

Not good enough Sorry

Yep. Wearing jeans is the exact same thing as wearing goth makeup, having three holes in your lip, getting a neck tat, or a mohawk. There are no degrees, it is all exactly the same.

Therefore you must accept it all.
Pet peeve - People putting words into your mouth when they can't back up their ridiculous statements.

chill guy, I'm just messing around. Like, I don't think you are wrong as I do agree that some people might dress a certian way to get attention.

Can't say that i have.
LOOK AT ME! I’M FEMALE!

I know I've complained in the past about drivers who can't seem to stay in their lane, but... My daily commute involves a stretch on a 30mph road with a couple of blind s curves. I can't believe how often someone comes around from the other direction straddling the center line. I'm prepared for it and there's always been room so far, but do they not even consider what would happen if someone else were doing the same thing opposite them?

First world problems.

Wife asked me to go to the Nespresso store to pick up some pods for our coffee machine. Their in-store business model sucks. You can't just go in, pick out what you want and pay at a register. You have to check in when you arrive and wait for an associate to assist you. It's like I'm buying a car or something. Takes twice as long as it should.

Then my total came to $102 for 6 boxes of pods. I almost **** myself. Wife and I need to discuss our coffee budget.

First world problems.

Wife asked me to go to the Nespresso store to pick up some pods for our coffee machine. Their in-store business model sucks. You can't just go in, pick out what you want and pay at a register. You have to check in when you arrive and wait for an associate to assist you. It's like I'm buying a car or something. Takes twice as long as it should.

Then my total came to $102 for 6 boxes of pods. I almost **** myself. Wife and I need to discuss our coffee budget.
Wait, how many box in a pod?

First world problems.

Looks like about 12 pods or cups of coffee per box. That works out to about $1.40 per cup of coffee that we make at home.

Meanwhile a jar of instant coffee can make about a hundred cups and costs $9.99.

I know I've complained in the past about drivers who can't seem to stay in their lane, but... My daily commute involves a stretch on a 30mph road with a couple of blind s curves. I can't believe how often someone comes around from the other direction straddling the center line. I'm prepared for it and there's always been room so far, but do they not even consider what would happen if someone else were doing the same thing opposite them?
I agree, but have you ever heard of any collisions occurring on that road? If not, maybe your concerns are unjustified.

Last edited:
First world problems.

Sounds a bit like my last experience at Williams-Sonoma. They wanted my contact info before I could buy, even though I was paying in cash. I walked right the eff out of there and never went back.

Screw 'em.

This.

I wear one of these all the time when I’m out and about. Works great and I fill it up with filtered water from home. Lasts all day.
Assuming you’re not joking, in what settings do you routinely wear a Camelbak?

First world problems.

Looks like about 12 pods or cups of coffee per box. That works out to about $1.40 per cup of coffee that we make at home.

Meanwhile a jar of instant coffee can make about a hundred cups and costs $9.99.
There is a very large middle ground between the crap that is intant coffee and the absurdity of those pod prices.

First world problems.

:coffee::ptts:

This.

Assuming you’re not joking, in what settings do you routinely wear a Camelbak?
Apparently at airports.
Which I'm sure goes over great.

I agree, but have you ever heard of any collisions occurring on that road? If not, maybe your concerns are unjustified.
I assume you are insulting corporate safety inspector logic here.

Will ignore obviously dangerous situations because the catastrophe hasnt happened yet, or it has and he hasn't heard about it.

Will ignore obviously dangerous situations because the catastrophe hasnt happened yet, or it has and he hasn't heard about it.
:lol: Talk about the hottest of hot takes......

No, I'm wondering where the line between old man peeve and legitimate risk lies.

No, I'm wondering where the line between old man peeve and legitimate risk lies.
I think the line lies right there along the center of the road.
(or at least somewhere less than half a car's width across it into the opposite lane)

I've never heard of a kid getting hit by a speeding car in our residential neighborhood, but it's a peeve of mine - and I think a legitimate risk - when someone goes by at 45mph.

Users who are viewing this thread