What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Hartline....It has been discussed but.... (1 Viewer)

Anyone rolling with him with Bess out this week vs a weak Jax team? Ppr you'd think he's a safe play with a good chance of a td..

Anyone rolling with him with Bess out this week vs a weak Jax team? Ppr you'd think he's a safe play with a good chance of a td..
Starting him over Donnie Avery. Not hugely confident but think a solid 5-76 in perhaps a touchdown is pretty reasonable.

'phowler13 said:
Starting him in my PPR flex spot, was planning to use him even before Bess was ruled out :banned: ...

Deciding between him and britt for my finals ppr. Not sure where I'm leaning. I think he safer but britts been good lately.

'Sabertooth said:
'phowler13 said:
Starting him over Donnie Avery. Not hugely confident but think a solid 5-76 in perhaps a touchdown is pretty reasonable.
I just pulled him out for Amendola and David Wilson (flex). I think it's the right move in a PPR.

Love that Hartline is staying in Miami. He and Tannehill had a good rapport last year and that should continue going forward. The addtion of another WR will help Hartline stay consistent imo. I would love Wallace to stretch the field and Hartline become more of the go to guy who catches 80 plus balls a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that Hartline is staying in Miami. He and Tannehill had a good rapport last year and that should continue going forward. The addtion of another WR will help Hartline stay consistent imo. I would love Wallace to stretch the field and Tannehill become more of the go to guy who catches 80 plus balls a year.
Probably the best news Hartline owners could have hoped for. He is not talented enough to be the #1 WR for any team and it was proven that the opposing defense could completely shut him down if he was their focus of attention. However with playing second fiddle to a Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings he should be a pretty solid flex player, borderline #2 WR in a PPR format.

I own him in my main dynasty and am unsure what his value is and what to expect going forward. His year was inflated by that one huge game. He doesn't seem to score many TDs. I don't think anyone would want to trade much for him, but I feel he's worth a roster spot as a decent #3/4 WR.

I own him in my main dynasty and am unsure what his value is and what to expect going forward. His year was inflated by that one huge game. He doesn't seem to score many TDs. I don't think anyone would want to trade much for him, but I feel he's worth a roster spot as a decent #3/4 WR.
The problem was partly Hartline and partly Tannehill as far as td's. Td's are volatile for a WR but Miami was not exactly a high scoring team last year. Ryan Tannheill threw for 12 tds! That is really bad. I would venture to guess that as he continues to grow as a QB his td's will come up as well as Hartline's.Also, people claiming that all of his yards came in 1 game need to look into the numbers more. Sure that big game helped out his overall numbers BUT 7 times last year Hartline went for 69 yards or better. Now 69 yards itself does not sound awesome, but 69 yards a game over 16 games is 1,104 yards. Let's look at comparisons of other guys and how many times they were able to go off for 69 yards or better on the season. People seem to think that WR's should go off for 100 yards a game. There are very few capable of being super consistent like that.-Julio Jones 8-Victor Cruz 5-Colston 7-Mike Williams 4-Crabtree 8-Cobb 7-Erick Decker 7-Maclin 6

He will probably be in Lance Moore territory, which is to say a WR that can give you pretty solid flex production but one that you can't ever get decent trade value for. I tried to move Moore last year in two leagues and the other owners rejected the offers so quickly it was like I had insulted them (despite Moore being on pace to ultimately havr 65 catches for 1041 yards and 6 TDs). Similarly I think Hart will represent good value in PPR, but will make poor trade bait.

He will probably be in Lance Moore territory, which is to say a WR that can give you pretty solid flex production but one that you can't ever get decent trade value for. I tried to move Moore last year in two leagues and the other owners rejected the offers so quickly it was like I had insulted them (despite Moore being on pace to ultimately havr 65 catches for 1041 yards and 6 TDs). Similarly I think Hart will represent good value in PPR, but will make poor trade bait.
The problem with Hartline is that he's not good enough to plug him into your lineup every week but his numbers are so inconsistent that he's not a great bye week fill in either. He had 4 games with 14+ points and 9 games of less than 10 points.

The problem with Hartline is that he's not good enough to plug him into your lineup every week but his numbers are so inconsistent that he's not a great bye week fill in either. He had 4 games with 14+ points and 9 games of less than 10 points.
Well, yes, but he was inconsistent in 2012 because he was miscast as a #1 WR IMO. I think he will prove to be a good weekly PPR flex play this year, provided that a Wallace or a Jennings are brought in so defenses don't focus all their attention on him as they did in many of the games last season.

Just like Lance Moore.

'Slapdash said:
'cstu said:
'squistion said:
'Ketamine Dreams said:
Just like Lance Moore.
Moore had 10 games with over 13 points.

'squistion said:
'cstu said:
'squistion said:
'Ketamine Dreams said:
Well, yes, but he was inconsistent in 2012 because he was miscast as a #1 WR IMO. I think he will prove to be a good weekly PPR flex play this year, provided that a Wallace or a Jennings are brought in so defenses don't focus all their attention on him as they did in many of the games last season.
Will he get 131 targets again?

'squistion said:
'cstu said:
'squistion said:
'Ketamine Dreams said:
Where did I suggest that he would? But it doesn't matter how many targets he gets if the defense focuses solely on him, which would not be the case if a Wallace/Jennings is brought in. If a true #1 WR is signed, then of course he get less targets (duh) but should get better production, which would make him a more consistent performer (which was my point).

'squistion said:
'cstu said:
'squistion said:
'Ketamine Dreams said:
Where did I suggest that he would? But it doesn't matter how many targets he gets if the defense focuses solely on him, which would not be the case if a Wallace/Jennings is brought in. If a true #1 WR is signed, then of course he get less targets (duh) but should get better prodution, which would make him a more consistent performer (which was my point).
I'm not disagreeing with you and I would expect more consistent production with him as the #2. Lance Moore is really the upside IMO but I don't see him getting nearly as many TD's. 65/1000/3 is about what I expect and that places him as a high WR3.

I'm not disagreeing with you and I would expect more consistent production with him as the #2. Lance Moore is really the upside IMO but I don't see him getting nearly as many TD's. 65/1000/3 is about what I expect and that places him as a high WR3.
A high WR3 seems about right...Lance Moore is the best case scenario and I don't see that either. Agree, downside is the TD production, as Chad Parsons noted earlier today on Twitter:
Chad Parsons ‏@ChadParsonsNFL Worth noting Hartline did see half the WR RZ targets for #Dolphins last year. Course he has converted just 2-of-28 for TDs last 3 yrs. #Yuck

A high WR3 seems about right...Lance Moore is the best case scenario and I don't see that either. Agree, downside is the TD production, as Chad Parsons noted earlier today on Twitter:
Chad Parsons ‏@ChadParsonsNFL Worth noting Hartline did see half the WR RZ targets for #Dolphins last year. Course he has converted just 2-of-28 for TDs last 3 yrs. #Yuck
he needs to be paired with someone more talented than Bess, either an FA or high round rookie.

'KellysHeroes said:
'squistion said:
'cstu said:
he needs to be paired with someone more talented than Bess, either an FA or high round rookie.
Brandon Gibson?

'KellysHeroes said:
'squistion said:
'cstu said:
Brandon Gibson?
:bag:

In a shallow free-agent market, there is increasing belief that Gibson could earn a bloated contract comparable to the five-year, $31 million deal Hartline signed a few days ago.
:wall:

In a shallow free-agent market, there is increasing belief that Gibson could earn a bloated contract comparable to the five-year, $31 million deal Hartline signed a few days ago.
:wall:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hartline 5 yr 31 million truly unbelievable. No wonder Miami sucks every year. Now if they would just sign Wallace to complete their inept off season. Who ever signs Wallce will be kicking themselves for years to come.

'cstu said:
Where did I suggest that he would? But it doesn't matter how many targets he gets if the defense focuses solely on him, which would not be the case if a Wallace/Jennings is brought in. If a true #1 WR is signed, then of course he get less targets (duh) but should get better prodution, which would make him a more consistent performer (which was my point).
I would disagree with this for the fact that Moore has to compete with far more to get his. Moore last year received 104 targets. He is competing with Colston, Graham, Sproles, and company. Drew Brees threw the ball 670 times!!! That is insane and still Moore only had 104 targets. Tannehill threw the ball 484 times and Hartline received 131 of those.Even if/when Wallace signs I see Hartline getting 115 plus targets in that offense and probably more.

Wallace is a burner and a deep threat, he is still working on his all around game. Hartline is a better route runner than Wallace is right now. Not that I am saying Hartline is the better WR or has the higher ceiling by any means, but he could very well lead the team in targets.

My only concern would be Bess eating up some of the targets in the slot.

Hartline missed a huge chunk of training camp last year and still had a very good year with a rookie QB. He is still improving and I think many are underrating how good he can be.

Most of the dynasty staff rankings on Hartline are comical to me. I find it hard to fathom that a 26 year old WR coming off a 74 catch, 1083 yard season can be ranked as low as 82 and 85 by a couple of staffers . I get that Hartline may lack upside and his abiltiy to find the end zone have been poor throughout his career, but he does have positives working for him.

Hartline was rewarded with a contract by Miami because he is actually a pretty good player. Bess who has had a decent career and been a good team player was let go which is a very telling story to what Miami think they have in Hartline.

Hartline is seen as a true number 2 WR in the NFL and for fantasy purposes he should be seen as a WR3 with plently of opportunity for WR 2 finishes going forward.

This season I see 77 catches on 116 targets for 1085 yards and 5 td's. You can draft him as your WR 4 and play him as a WR 3 and get WR 2 production. You have to like that.

Most of the dynasty staff rankings on Hartline are comical to me. I find it hard to fathom that a 26 year old WR coming off a 74 catch, 1083 yard season can be ranked as low as 82 and 85 by a couple of staffers . I get that Hartline may lack upside and his abiltiy to find the end zone have been poor throughout his career, but he does have positives working for him.

Hartline was rewarded with a contract by Miami because he is actually a pretty good player. Bess who has had a decent career and been a good team player was let go which is a very telling story to what Miami think they have in Hartline.

Hartline is seen as a true number 2 WR in the NFL and for fantasy purposes he should be seen as a WR3 with plently of opportunity for WR 2 finishes going forward.

This season I see 77 catches on 116 targets for 1085 yards and 5 td's. You can draft him as your WR 4 and play him as a WR 3 and get WR 2 production. You have to like that.
I'm with you than ranking him in the 80's is too low but you also have to look at what Miami has done during the offseason:- Added Wallace

- Upgraded from Bess to Brandon Gibson

- Upgraded from Fasano to Keller

Hartline was able to put the numbers he did because he had no competition. Now he has three new players to compete with, one of which is a Pro Bowl WR.

Unless you believe Tannehill will start throwing a lot more this year than there won't be enough to go around for him to get 116 targets. However, if we do assume he does get 116 targets then with his career catch rate of 57% it would give him 66 receptions. At 15 YPR that would give him 990 yards. He's not much of a TD threat so I'll put him down for 2 which gives him 66/990/2, which is low WR3 numbers.

I'm with you than ranking him in the 80's is too low but you also have to look at what Miami has done during the offseason:- Added Wallace

Hartline was able to put the numbers he did because he had no competition. Now he has three new players to compete with, one of which is a Pro Bowl WR.

Unless you believe Tannehill will start throwing a lot more this year than there won't be enough to go around for him to get 116 targets. However, if we do assume he does get 116 targets then with his career catch rate of 57% it would give him 66 receptions. At 15 YPR that would give him 990 yards. He's not much of a TD threat so I'll put him down for 2 which gives him 66/990/2, which is low WR3 numbers.
:goodposting:

I don't understand the rankings either, although they reflect reality in dynasty leagues. I tried to move Hartline for a 3rd round pick a recent rookie draft and got no takers from the owners of the 3.02 to 3.12 picks. In fact the guy at 3.12 said he would reconsider if I offered him a better WR.

The problem is that Hartline is not a true #1 WR (a role he played by default last year) and was shut down by opposing defenses when they focused on stopping him. For that reason, the addition of Wallace/Gibson/Keller actually is a positive IMO and should take the heat off him. I expect to see more consistent production and numbers similar to last year, if not better.

Most of the dynasty staff rankings on Hartline are comical to me. I find it hard to fathom that a 26 year old WR coming off a 74 catch, 1083 yard season can be ranked as low as 82 and 85 by a couple of staffers :o . I get that Hartline may lack upside and his abiltiy to find the end zone have been poor throughout his career, but he does have positives working for him.Hartline was rewarded with a contract by Miami because he is actually a pretty good player. Bess who has had a decent career and been a good team player was let go which is a very telling story to what Miami think they have in Hartline.Hartline is seen as a true number 2 WR in the NFL and for fantasy purposes he should be seen as a WR3 with plently of opportunity for WR 2 finishes going forward. This season I see 77 catches on 116 targets for 1085 yards and 5 td's. You can draft him as your WR 4 and play him as a WR 3 and get WR 2 production. You have to like that.
I don't understand the rankings either, although they reflect reality in dynasty leagues. I tried to move Hartline for a 3rd round pick a recent rookie draft and got no takers from the owners of the 3.02 to 3.12 picks. In fact the guy at 3.12 said he would reconsider if I offered him a better WR. The problem is that Hartline is not a true #1 WR (a role he played by default last year) and was shut down by opposing defenses when they focused on stopping him. For that reason, the addition of Wallace/Gibson/Keller actually is a positive IMO and should take the heat off him. I expect to see more consistent production and numbers similar to last year, if not better.
Then why trade him for the 3.12?

I don't understand the rankings either, although they reflect reality in dynasty leagues. I tried to move Hartline for a 3rd round pick a recent rookie draft and got no takers from the owners of the 3.02 to 3.12 picks. In fact the guy at 3.12 said he would reconsider if I offered him a better WR.

The problem is that Hartline is not a true #1 WR (a role he played by default last year) and was shut down by opposing defenses when they focused on stopping him. For that reason, the addition of Wallace/Gibson/Keller actually is a positive IMO and should take the heat off him. I expect to see more consistent production and numbers similar to last year, if not better.
DaRick Rogers was still available, I wanted to take a flyer and be able to own him in at least one league and I thought he was worth an early 2nd round pick. I also had enough depth to work around the short term loss of Hartline until Rogers developed. Actually Travis Kelce was my first target choice as I am weak at TE, but he fell at 3.10.

DaRick Rogers was still available, I wanted to take a flyer on him in at least one league and I had enough depth to work around the loss of Hartline.
There's the problem. Most owners feel they can work around not having him and would rather "take a flyer" on a WR with more upside potential.

Just Win Baby said:
squistion said:
Dr. Octopus said:
squistion said:

DaRick Rogers was still available, I wanted to take a flyer on him in at least one league and I had enough depth to work around the loss of Hartline.
There's the problem. Most owners feel they can work around not having him and would rather "take a flyer" on a WR with more upside potential.
Except about half of those owners I offered him to didn't have any depth at WR and could have used a solid contributor in a PPR league - it was not a question of working around not having him because they have don't have the players to do so. We have to start 2 WRs and I have 4 besides Hartline I can plug in every week, so I had the luxury to make him expendable.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=641270&page=2

I kind of backed Hartline in the preseason last year when he was going undrafted. The top WR on most teams is at least worth a roster spot in a avg league unless Ryan Lindley is throwing them the ball. I can't back him this year because that honor goes to Mike Wallace. It's nice to assume Tannehill will reach his "all-world" potential, but the reality is he has yet to come close to proving that he will. That means Hartline won't have a chance to catch many TD's for starters. I think the OP mentioned 12 TD is pretty pathetic. It also means you have to question if Tanne can make a #2WR/TE a consistent starter in FF like a Brady/Brees/Rodger can. I have my doubts. Hartline is useful, but he's a player I'd deal in a heartbeat. If He's still tracking in the 80's I guess theres nothing but upside.

Just Win Baby said:
squistion said:
Dr. Octopus said:
squistion said:
Most of the dynasty staff rankings on Hartline are comical to me. I find it hard to fathom that a 26 year old WR coming off a 74 catch, 1083 yard season can be ranked as low as 82 and 85 by a couple of staffers :o . I get that Hartline may lack upside and his abiltiy to find the end zone have been poor throughout his career, but he does have positives working for him.Hartline was rewarded with a contract by Miami because he is actually a pretty good player. Bess who has had a decent career and been a good team player was let go which is a very telling story to what Miami think they have in Hartline.Hartline is seen as a true number 2 WR in the NFL and for fantasy purposes he should be seen as a WR3 with plently of opportunity for WR 2 finishes going forward. This season I see 77 catches on 116 targets for 1085 yards and 5 td's. You can draft him as your WR 4 and play him as a WR 3 and get WR 2 production. You have to like that.
I don't understand the rankings either, although they reflect reality in dynasty leagues. I tried to move Hartline for a 3rd round pick a recent rookie draft and got no takers from the owners of the 3.02 to 3.12 picks. In fact the guy at 3.12 said he would reconsider if I offered him a better WR. The problem is that Hartline is not a true #1 WR (a role he played by default last year) and was shut down by opposing defenses when they focused on stopping him. For that reason, the addition of Wallace/Gibson/Keller actually is a positive IMO and should take the heat off him. I expect to see more consistent production and numbers similar to last year, if not better.
Except about half of those owners I offered him to didn't have any depth at WR and could have used a solid contributor in a PPR league - it was not a question of working around not having him because they have don't have the players to do so. We have to start 2 WRs and I have 4 besides Hartline I can plug in every week, so I had the luxury to make him expendable.
Everyone that owns him has been looking to trade him all offseason. I have got a ton of offers with him involved. There's a reason he's being shopped around so much, be honest with yourself. If you really believed what you typed above you wouldn't be so "desperate" to move him. I mean at one point you would have accepted the 3.12.I think he's a solid NFL player but don't see him as a fantasy contributor. Last season most of his production came in one game - and no you can't take that one game away from him - and he was the only option in the passing game. This season they added three free agent pass catchers, one of them a significant one. Does that seem like a team that wants to rely on Hartline again?

Just Win Baby said:
squistion said:
Dr. Octopus said:
squistion said:

Everyone that owns him has been looking to trade him all offseason. I have got a ton of offers with him involved. There's a reason he's being shopped around so much, be honest with yourself. If you really believed what you typed above you wouldn't be so "desperate" to move him. I mean at one point you would have accepted the 3.12.I think he's a solid NFL player but don't see him as a fantasy contributor. Last season most of his production came in one game - and no you can't take that one game away from him - and he was the only option in the passing game. This season they added three free agent pass catchers, one of them a significant one. Does that seem like a team that wants to rely on Hartline again?
Yes, for a player I would have taken at 2.03 if I had a pick then. I had two specific targeted players in mind that I thought we were worth 2nd round picks. That is the difference, it wasn't just that I wanted a late 3rd round pick for fun and was willing to settle for whoever was available. And if someone in my other leagues had offered me Hartline for a 3rd round pick, I would have taken it in an instant. Anyway, I think the teams that turned me down will regret it - we will see.

Good response. Here is my take on the offense and role of Hartline in Miami.

Bess >Gibson Keller>Fasano... Overall it comes across as almost a lateral move. Therefore I don't see that as something that will really affect Hartline.

I do think Wallace is a very good player, and one that will add something that will make Hartline more consistent game in and game out. Wallace is a field stretcher and comands coverage. He is not your typical WR1 that you target 140 plus times. Even in Pitt Wallace was targeted 114 and 119 times as his high end. He will obviously take some targest away from Hartline, and that is why I dropped Hartline from 131 targets a year ago to 116 this year.

Last year Hartline often times was used as a field stretcher although it was a make shift type of role for him. He actually faired well in this role considering it is not really his strength. Hartline and Tannehill had a very good rapport last year. Remember this offense is the exact same offense that is run in GB. It is one that can support multiple WR's.

Hartline's YPC will go down slightly due to not being forced into a vertical role and being limited in his yard after the catch ability, but because he will not be as vertical on his targets he will catch a few more balls at a bit better percentage. So I bumped him from 71 to 77 catches, and then bumped his ypc from 14.6 to 14.0, although it may dip into somewhere in the 13 ypc range.

It would not surprise me to see at seasons end Hartline and Wallace having similar number of targets. Now Wallace will have a much higher YPC and probably more td's. But it is safe to say that people are underestimating Hartline by a very large margin.

Bess >Gibson Keller>Fasano... Overall it comes across as almost a lateral move. Therefore I don't see that as something that will really affect Hartline.

I do think Wallace is a very good player, and one that will add something that will make Hartline more consistent game in and game out. Wallace is a field stretcher and comands coverage. He is not your typical WR1 that you target 140 plus times. Even in Pitt Wallace was targeted 114 and 119 times as his high end. He will obviously take some targest away from Hartline, and that is why I dropped Hartline from 131 targets a year ago to 116 this year.

Last year Hartline often times was used as a field stretcher although it was a make shift type of role for him. He actually faired well in this role considering it is not really his strength. Hartline and Tannehill had a very good rapport last year. Remember this offense is the exact same offense that is run in GB. It is one that can support multiple WR's.

Hartline's YPC will go down slightly due to not being forced into a vertical role and being limited in his yard after the catch ability, but because he will not be as vertical on his targets he will catch a few more balls at a bit better percentage. So I bumped him from 71 to 77 catches, and then bumped his ypc from 14.6 to 14.0, although it may dip into somewhere in the 13 ypc range.

It would not surprise me to see at seasons end Hartline and Wallace having similar number of targets. Now Wallace will have a much higher YPC and probably more td's. But it is safe to say that people are underestimating Hartline by a very large margin.
So, optimistically, 75-1K-3 TD's. Brandon Lloyd did that last season and was, correctly, considered a bust by many. This is Hartline's upside. The floor is high, but the ceiling is so low it's difficult to justify a meaningful ranking. There are probably 30-40 guys ranked ahead of him by most that will end up below, but there are also several that will end up way higher. It's all about upside, especially at a position as deep as WR is now. Throw 4 darts at potential home runs and hope to hit on one of them. Better strategy than picking up a quartet of mediocrity in Hartline, Bess, Kerley, and Malcom Floyd.

I was unable to trade him for a 4th round rookie pick. Did manage to trade Malcom Floyd for a 4th though.

So, optimistically, 75-1K-3 TD's. Brandon Lloyd did that last season and was, correctly, considered a bust by many. This is Hartline's upside. The floor is high, but the ceiling is so low it's difficult to justify a meaningful ranking. There are probably 30-40 guys ranked ahead of him by most that will end up below, but there are also several that will end up way higher. It's all about upside, especially at a position as deep as WR is now. Throw 4 darts at potential home runs and hope to hit on one of them. Better strategy than picking up a quartet of mediocrity in Hartline, Bess, Kerley, and Malcom Floyd.
LLoyd was considered a bust because he was drafted much higher and his expectations were also much higher.

Hartline finished WR 28 in my league last year and people are acting as if he has no use. If you draft Hartline as your WR 2 or expect WR 2 numbers you could be disappointed like people were with Lloyd due to the question marks that I am acknowledging there are with Hartline.

However, at 26 years of age with a rookie QB in a brand new system and a first year head coach Hartline finished 16th in receiving yards in the entire NFL. What if Hartline continues to improve on last year and he catches 80-85 passes and close to 1200-1300 yards and all you had to pay was WR 4-5 value?

People are giving little credit to what Hartline actually did last season. It is not as if he was playing with Brady, Brees or another QB that can make WR's appear better than they are. Hartline also did not have someone drawing coverage away like Fitzgerald or AJ or other guys on the opposite side to benefit from lesser DB's and coverage schemes. Hartline's QB was a rookie who completed only 58% of his passes and is/was still learning how to be a QB as he was a converted WR only 3 years ago. Hartline was the guy that teams tried to stop while playing Miami and still managed an adequate season.

To me he is a buy low and see, yet not one staffer thinks over the next few year he is even WR 4 worthy? I just find that hard to believe, but maybe I am the one out to lunch. Really curious to see who Hartline really is one way or another.

Hartline finished WR28 in total points scored, not per game, and that includes the one game outlier. How useful was he to owners the rest of the season? Most didn't even start him for that game, they utilized him afterwards when he did not help on a weekly basis. The general problem is nothing in Hartline's profile indicates he is anything more than he's already been. Other than that one game in Phoenix. He's in his 5th year, he was not a highly regarded prospect, he's averaged < 2 TD's year (his peak was his rookie year), he does not make plays after the catch...there's just nothing special about him. He is the type that needs 90-100 receptions to be useful.

Hartline finished WR28 in total points scored, not per game, and that includes the one game outlier. How useful was he to owners the rest of the season? Most didn't even start him for that game, they utilized him afterwards when he did not help on a weekly basis. The general problem is nothing in Hartline's profile indicates he is anything more than he's already been. Other than that one game in Phoenix. He's in his 5th year, he was not a highly regarded prospect, he's averaged < 2 TD's year (his peak was his rookie year), he does not make plays after the catch...there's just nothing special about him. He is the type that needs 90-100 receptions to be useful.
Wes Welker was seen that was ordinary and unathletic prior to mvoing to the Patriots where in his 5th year in the league as a 26 year old that he finally caught more than 67 balls. Even after that year many did not want to believe in Welker and question his athletic ability.

Wes Welker was seen that was ordinary and unathletic prior to mvoing to the Patriots where in his 5th year in the league as a 26 year old that he finally caught more than 67 balls. Even after that year many did not want to believe in Welker and question his athletic ability.
See my last sentence.

Well, I think we can all agree that if he becomes the next Wes Welker, he will prove valuable.

And I think all of us -- except you, apparently -- can agree that isn't going to happen.

So that example really doesn't seem relevant to the discussion.

I am worried about Hartline... he was the number one receiver, and was decent but not amazing. Now with Wallace, who I believe to be their 100% number 1 WR. Do you guys think he has as high a floor as last year? Do you think he fades into the distance or he becomes a slot receiver star? I am interested to hear your opinions, because I am having trouble guessing.

I think Wallace will get most of the deep targets (duh!) & Gibson/Keller will get the most of the red zone targets.

Users who are viewing this thread