What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
He looked good last week. Matchup would seem to indicate he'll get a chance to get some carries in the fourth quarter if the Pats have a big lead and don't want to keep using Maroney. He's also shown he can be a solid goal-line option so a TD isn't out of the question although it's obviously tough to count on it if Brady gets it all done through the air.

It's bye-week hell for a lot of teams with a lot of top players out this week. Anybody rolling with Green-Ellis this week and hoping he pans out?

That's quite a gamble in my opinion, when has the NE rbs been a factor on a week-to-week basis? ... prolly back when Dillon was playing for them. I think you can do better.

That's quite a gamble in my opinion, when has the NE rbs been a factor on a week-to-week basis? ... prolly back when Dillon was playing for them. I think you can do better.
It's a gigantic gamble and I didn't say I was doing it. :thumbup: Just wondering if anyone is for the reasons I listed above. I also think this week in particular is going to force a lot of owners to dig real deep since there are so many key guys out. This looks like one of the worst bye weeks I've seen in quite awhile in terms of the number of productive players who are out.

i'm gambling on this in two leagues.... and actually dropped Ward in both of them to pick him up (figured a higher upside going forward for my RB4)... 50 yards and a TD would make me very happy

I probably am. But only because my other options are Reggie freaking Bush, Felix Jones and Darren Sproles. Yuck.

On one of my WCOFF teams, with Rice off this week I was desperate for a RB2.

I bid 389 on Maroney believing he was a good one week play (despite his history) against Tampa...........got out bid as he went for 400.....to the team I am playing this week, so it will be sweet if my underbid BJGE can score more than Maroney as less than half the price

I'm rolling the dice with him in three leagues, and doing so with confidence. I've watched enough of Laurence "Michael Jackson" Maroney dancing in the backfield to know the hook will come fairly early, and expect a big game from "law firm".

With MJD on bye, it's "Second String RBs on Ice" for me. Donald Brown and Green-Ellis. BJGE replaced McCoy in my lineup.

Gonna be a rough week.

4.24 on bye, other option was LeSean McCoy...taking a gamble with the law firm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the odds are of Boston Legal staying with NE and getting a more prominent role next year? How talented is he?

Will NE keep trying with Maroney? Here's Maroney's contract info:

7/28/2006: Signed a five-year, $8.735 million contract. The deal includes $6.13 million guaranteed and $70,000 in easy-to-earn incentives. 2009: $600,000, 2010: $825,000, 2011: Free Agent

With Moreno on bye, I think I am going to roll with him over Beanie, Felix and M. Bush. Good chance he scores 0 pts this weekend. Also think the odds he gets a TD are much higher than my other options. When its close I will bet my money on the Pats offense.

I don't know about tomorrow with New England playing in London I would expect Maroney to get the call since he is the bigger name.

But history tells us that Maroney is likely to either get injured or blow his opportunity and BJGE could get the call and be huge the rest of the way

I don't know about tomorrow with New England playing in London I would expect Maroney to get the call since he is the bigger name.

But history tells us that Maroney is likely to either get injured or blow his opportunity and BJGE could get the call and be huge the rest of the way
What history are you going by? Why are people on these boards so down on him? Because he broke his shoulder last season? Maroney has been given very linited chances in NE. To say he will blow his chance again is funny to me, since in 43 games he has played the Pats have given him 15+ carries how many times? 15. In those games he has performed well. Very well actually.

15GP 280 C 1293 YD 4.6 AV 9TD

As far as injuries go, he missed 3 of a possible 38 games in his first 2 seasons. All in year 1. Played every game in '07. Injured in week 2 last season, tried to play further until put on IR. Turns out broken shoulder.

Huh? Do you really think Bill Belichick is motivated to play "name" players? He is motivated to do what is best for the team.

I'm rolling with BJGE this week, but more so because of injuries than BYE week issues. 12 team league with very little on the waiver wire.

My options are Green-Ellis or Michael Bush. Both part time players, but I figure I gotta roll with the guy playing the crappy defense.

I'm rolling with BJGE this week, but more so because of injuries than BYE week issues. 12 team league with very little on the waiver wire.My options are Green-Ellis or Michael Bush. Both part time players, but I figure I gotta roll with the guy playing the crappy defense.
This is my same situtation...but you can add Jamal "pidder pat" Lewis to the list. BGJE has by far the best matchup so I guess Im leaning towards him...

[Maroney] Played every game in '07.
what?
OOps, that was a mess up, he played 16 of a possible 19 Pats games in '07. 17 of 19 in '06. Includes playoffs.
Yeah other that that your numbers look to be good. I took a flyer on him and lo and behold I got him off of waivers. :( Now because of limited roster space, I have to decide whether to keep him or hang on to Coffee (Gore owner).

BBRULE said:
qimqam said:

What history are you going by? Why are people on these boards so down on him? Because he broke his shoulder last season? Maroney has been given very linited chances in NE. To say he will blow his chance again is funny to me, since in 43 games he has played the Pats have given him 15+ carries how many times? 15. In those games he has performed well. Very well actually.

15GP 280 C 1293 YD 4.6 AV 9TD

As far as injuries go, he missed 3 of a possible 38 games in his first 2 seasons. All in year 1. Played every game in '07. Injured in week 2 last season, tried to play further until put on IR. Turns out broken shoulder.
He has missed 18 of 48 (37.5%) regular season games and had a few partial games due to injury. He's been inconsistent and he has lost his hold on the starting job for in th e past for various reasons.

When he is healthy and playing at his best he is ok but no better than Fred Taylor, Morris , and maybe slightly better than BJGE.

If the BB scheme holds to form, in the worst case scenario, BJGE is going to be the half back 1 out of every 3 series. Now that would be worst case if this game is competitive for 4 quarters. There is a very good chance the following could happen.

-He gets hot and they roll with him more than expected

-They put on a first quarter show and he gets an extended look in the 2nd half

-Maroney is less than impressive and his 1 out of every 3 turns into an every-other series rotation.

Im rolling him out there and would only do so as a flex position(ppr). He still gets looks out of the backfield and anyone who thinks Maroney is getting the ball exclusively for 4 quarters is kidding themselves, IMO. There is a reason two RB's over the age of 30 were getting the rock more than him when healthy. I think against the worst rushing D in the league, both of them are going to get ample opportunities and there will be the same rotation they used when it was Taylor/Morris and Morris/Maroney.

If the BB scheme holds to form, in the worst case scenario, BJGE is going to be the half back 1 out of every 3 series. Now that would be worst case if this game is competitive for 4 quarters. There is a very good chance the following could happen.-He gets hot and they roll with him more than expected-They put on a first quarter show and he gets an extended look in the 2nd half-Maroney is less than impressive and his 1 out of every 3 turns into an every-other series rotation.Im rolling him out there and would only do so as a flex position(ppr). He still gets looks out of the backfield and anyone who thinks Maroney is getting the ball exclusively for 4 quarters is kidding themselves, IMO. There is a reason two RB's over the age of 30 were getting the rock more than him when healthy. I think against the worst rushing D in the league, both of them are going to get ample opportunities and there will be the same rotation they used when it was Taylor/Morris and Morris/Maroney.
orrrrr, maroney looks amazing and BJE doesnt sniff the field.

If the BB scheme holds to form, in the worst case scenario, BJGE is going to be the half back 1 out of every 3 series. Now that would be worst case if this game is competitive for 4 quarters. There is a very good chance the following could happen.-He gets hot and they roll with him more than expected-They put on a first quarter show and he gets an extended look in the 2nd half-Maroney is less than impressive and his 1 out of every 3 turns into an every-other series rotation.Im rolling him out there and would only do so as a flex position(ppr). He still gets looks out of the backfield and anyone who thinks Maroney is getting the ball exclusively for 4 quarters is kidding themselves, IMO. There is a reason two RB's over the age of 30 were getting the rock more than him when healthy. I think against the worst rushing D in the league, both of them are going to get ample opportunities and there will be the same rotation they used when it was Taylor/Morris and Morris/Maroney.
What game this season has Bill B featured one back the whole game? Why, when they are down to 2 healthy runners due to injury, would he start this?? Especially in a game they should win handily.

Didn't Maroney look "amazing" last week?

Doesn't say much for Maroney when the aging Fred and Sammy had your job.

Law Firm will be just fine.

55/1 low side

90/2 high side

starting with confidence

Come Sunday night/Monday there are going to be a lot of people in this thread either very disappointed or very happy. I just happen to think it's the former.

So you think he has a better shot of seeing carries than a Michael Bush or D Ward type? So hit or miss its tough to roll the dice w him over a starting wr.

So you think he has a better shot of seeing carries than a Michael Bush or D Ward type? So hit or miss its tough to roll the dice w him over a starting wr.
I am rolling the dice with him over Michael Bush, Donnie Avery and Santana Moss. We'll see how it goes.

I am rolling the dice with him over Michael Bush, Donnie Avery and Santana Moss. We'll see how it goes.
And I am rolling with him over M. Bush, Beanie and Felix. Don't think any of them are great options really, but BJGE does play on the Pats. Meaning I think he has the best chance to put up a TD. Also a good chance that the Pats are up so much at half that he gets most of the 2nd half of work. Then again there is also the chance he gets 0 points. When it comes down to a choice like this I usually go for the highest upside pick and that is what I view BJGE to be this week.

And I am rolling with him over M. Bush, Beanie and Felix. Don't think any of them are great options really, but BJGE does play on the Pats. Meaning I think he has the best chance to put up a TD. Also a good chance that the Pats are up so much at half that he gets most of the 2nd half of work. Then again there is also the chance he gets 0 points. When it comes down to a choice like this I usually go for the highest upside pick and that is what I view BJGE to be this week.
If he puts up a goose egg, I'll be the first one in here eating my crow. There is NO way he gets blanked today. 5 points in a standard league would be his floor, with 7 being the bottom of the barrel in a PPR

Think I'm going with BenJarvus over Donald Brown because his name is better.
Was making a joke here, but anyone starting BenJarvus over Brown today? Brown has a good matchup too.
I'm in the exact same boat for a flex play and I'm rolling with BJGE. I honestly think he's a much better back than Maroney and it will play out that way in this game. The minute Maroney struggles, Ben takes over and he will be the goaline guy as well.TB's rush defense is atrocious and you can bet NE is going to want to put on a show in cheerio ole London.

Parker against the Vikings was making me ill as my FLEX.

Had the option to gun for Benjarvus but went for the safer pick with Kevin Faulk against the weak Bucs.

Had to choose between BJGE, Michael Bush, and Beanie Wells.

I went with Bush. I don't think the other two will get enough touches.

A terrible overall display even though he was given ample opportunity later in todays game. The points seemed to come outta no where in the first half but I think they showed they are gonna give BJGE 1 series for every 2 of Maroneys.

A terrible overall display even though he was given ample opportunity later in todays game. The points seemed to come outta no where in the first half but I think they showed they are gonna give BJGE 1 series for every 2 of Maroneys.
After today, I think the Pats should stick with Maroney and Faulk. Green-Ellis was pathetic.

Next week BJGE will go for 100 and a td, while maroney will get 2 carries for 10 yards, and I will have dropped BJGE for whatever trash was on the wire. Why I got myself involved in the NE running game...

Users who are viewing this thread