What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

(Baby Formula Shortage): Biden ADMITS He Knew Of Crisis In Early April (4/27/22 23:53 PST) (2 Viewers)

I don’t think it’s a fine line to say that Greg Abbott is an awful human being. Let’s be clear: he is awful for suggesting that our government should stop providing formula to the babies of undocumented immigrants who currently being detained in camps. That’s the awful part. 
You should be be more upset at the people backdooring it and selling it on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, and we should.  I direct more towards losers that prey on these opportunities.  
Well sure.  Though in a political forum…seems apt to he discussing our elected officials more than those out there taking advantage of the system to make a buck.

You should be be more upset at the people backdooring it and selling it on eBay.
Yes they’re awful as well. Scum, to be quite honest, and probably worse people than Abbott. 
But they’re not important political officials and this is a politics forum. So at least here, they deserve less focus. 

Well sure.  Though in a political forum…seems apt to he discussing our elected officials more than those out there taking advantage of the system to make a buck.
I think this is just the latest gaffe in the overall Biden administration.  There are issues in the US and  they are tone deaf to them.  People have been talking about this for a while, yet the optics are just as bad as their actions.  Telling people to call their dr if they can’t find the formula, what is that?

if I saw Biden today, I would say to him Come on Man.

I think this is just the latest gaffe in the overall Biden administration.  There are issues in the US and  they are tone deaf to them.  People have been talking about this for a while, yet the optics are just as bad as their actions.  Telling people to call their dr if they can’t find the formula, what is that?

It seems to me that a lot of the criticism against Biden these days has to do with messaging rather than actual policy. His messaging has been quite awful to be sure. 

It seems to me that a lot of the criticism against Biden these days has to do with messaging rather than actual policy. His messaging has been quite awful to be sure. 
The policy isn’t good either, but no one wants to see the press secretary acting like she’s the smartest in the room, answering questions with a smirk.  Many of those answers don’t even make sense.  

About Abbott - if he could produce 2X more, he would.  There are a lot of factors for that. I have no idea how much the feds should buy.  I would assume they get all they need though.  If mothers can’t buy this in the suburbs, how hard do you think it is in the inner cities?

This Administration and many in the Democratic Party lack empathy towards the problems facing middle class Americans in their daily lives.  That is one big reason they should get their clocks cleaned in November.  

This Administration and many in the Democratic Party lack empathy towards the problems facing middle class Americans in their daily lives.  That is one big reason they should get their clocks cleaned in November.  
Yep, and this is the N95 masks and Covid testing kits all over again.  This administration has the reaction time of a sloth.

By other people that show zero empathy towards such people?

This is my biggest issue with MAGA and Republican philosophy in general:

"Children are our most vulnerable, precious Texans and deserve to be put first. Yet, President Biden has turned a blind eye to parents across America who are facing the nightmare of a nationwide baby formula shortage. While mothers and fathers stare at empty grocery store shelves in a panic, the Biden Administration is happy to provide baby formula to illegal immigrants coming across our southern border. This is yet another one in a long line of reckless, out-of-touch priorities from the Biden Administration when it comes to securing our border and protecting Americans. Our children deserve a president who puts their needs and survival first – not one who gives critical supplies to illegal immigrants before the very people he took an oath to serve." 

To me this statement by Gov. Abbott strikes at the inhumanity of policies designed to cater to people based solely on what swath of ground they were born on and abandons the idea of treating everyone equally and humanely. We are our brother's keepers, unless you come from somewhere else then you're less than Us.

The MAGA movement and the 
MAGA King’s entire message is to that audience. 
The election was stolen isnt really empathy for anyone.  Tax cuts that benefitted the rich and corporations did not show empathy.  Tariffs passed down to consumers did not show that empathy.

And calling him a king certainly doesn’t help.

He may talk to such people…but his actions do nothing for them in reality.

What empathy has he and his “movement “ shown?

By other people that show zero empathy towards such people?
I see this is the hot new take on Twitter now.  Where is the empathy from the Biden administration towards the taxpayers in any of these issues? 

if we question giving $40 billion to the Ukraine, are we bad?

The election was stolen isnt really empathy for anyone.  Tax cuts that benefitted the rich and corporations did not show empathy.  Tariffs passed down to consumers did not show that empathy.

And calling him a king certainly doesn’t help.

He may talk to such people…but his actions do nothing for them in reality.

What empathy has he and his “movement “ shown?
Your weak talking points don't hold any water when you look out the window and see how much more messed up this country is under the Biden clown show.  

This is my biggest issue with MAGA and Republican philosophy in general:

"Children are our most vulnerable, precious Texans and deserve to be put first. Yet, President Biden has turned a blind eye to parents across America who are facing the nightmare of a nationwide baby formula shortage. While mothers and fathers stare at empty grocery store shelves in a panic, the Biden Administration is happy to provide baby formula to illegal immigrants coming across our southern border. This is yet another one in a long line of reckless, out-of-touch priorities from the Biden Administration when it comes to securing our border and protecting Americans. Our children deserve a president who puts their needs and survival first – not one who gives critical supplies to illegal immigrants before the very people he took an oath to serve." 

To me this statement by Gov. Abbott strikes at the inhumanity of policies designed to cater to people based solely on what swath of ground they were born on and abandons the idea of treating everyone equally and humanely. We are our brother's keepers, unless you come from somewhere else then you're less than Us.
Speaks to the tone deafness of the administration as much as anything.  

I see this is the hot new take on Twitter now.  Where is the empathy from the Biden administration towards the taxpayers in any of these issues? 

if we question giving $40 billion to the Ukraine, are we bad?
No. Not bad…i think there can be reasonable criticism of more foreign aid at this time.  
Im not the one claiming empathy here…if its going to hurt the administration…shouldn’t the alternative to them be showing empathy?  Or are just going to criticize democrats for this?  Thats the point.  People seem quite willing to be critical of Biden and democrats for things they were not and are not critical of Republicans (and Trump).

The MAGA movement and the 
MAGA King’s entire message is to that audience. 
This is true. And it’s why it’s so dangerous and ugly. 
The message is: there are “others” out there who are not like you (in this case, undocumented immigrants.) We need to protect you against these others, These others are your enemies; anything they receive is something YOU should be receiving instead. They are evil and you are their victims. It’s us or them.

That is the MAGA message in a nutshell, and why it’s so corrosive to this country. We need to defeat it. 

No. Not bad…i think there can be reasonable criticism of more foreign aid at this time.  
Im not the one claiming empathy here…if its going to hurt the administration…shouldn’t the alternative to them be showing empathy?  Or are just going to criticize democrats for this?  Thats the point.  People seem quite willing to be critical of Biden and democrats for things they were not and are not critical of Republicans (and Trump).
McConnell is just as much to blame for the $40 bil also FTR. I’ve also bashed Trump to no end (guess I’m a RINO).

it’s ironic how our government can just spit out $40 bil at the snap of a finger, but say it takes months to get baby formula when it was known as a potential problem months ago.  That is a big FU to its citizens.   Why do Biden and the D’s get flak for thos?  They can do something about it.

The admin can and should do what it can to make sure baby formula is available to ALL in the country, citizen and immigrant, with no favor to either. Demarcating which lives to feed based on citizenship is appalling to me and certainly goes against what America is Supposed to stand for, Abbott is catering to a crass and deplorable base in his statement.

The admin can and should do what is can to make sure baby formula is available to ALL in the country, citizen and immigrant, with no favor to either. Demarking which lives to feed based on citizenship is appalling to me and certainly goes against what America is Supposed to stand for
And that goes back to the supply chain issues. I have dealt with this scenario for two years, it’s frustrating and sad.  

:goodposting:

Indeed.  That's exactly what the Biden administration is saying to the American peasants when they say call your doctor while sending baby formula to illegal immigrants.  Very apt.
This is what I’m talking about. You vs the illegals. So ugly. So dangerous. 

Guess what?  When they get it straightened out, all of the big accounts will buy it all up, jusT like with everything else.since 2020.

I gotta add too- the people here attacking Biden for this are the same ones who attacked him for spending money to relieve child poverty last year. Because that added to inflation. 

I’m listening to Psaki right now. She says that this issue is the #1 priority for Biden. 

I gotta add too- the people here attacking Biden for this are the same ones who attacked him for spending money to relieve child poverty last year. Because that added to inflation. 

I’m listening to Psaki right now. She says that this issue is the #1 priority for Biden. 
Three months too late.  

IMO a big problem with politics is that the teams have grown to believe that it's their side that care about them or the middle lower classes more, but if you look at the country as a whole the reality is neither do, or at least don't seem to do much in way of proving it.   It's still the haves vs. the have-nots and sorry to report - we will lose that battle more often than not.  But it makes for good ammo to lob back and forth at each other, I guess. 

The admin can and should do what it can to make sure baby formula is available to ALL in the country, citizen and immigrant, with no favor to either. Demarking which lives to feed based on citizenship is appalling to me and certainly goes against what America is Supposed to stand for, Abbott is catering to a crass and deplorable base in his statement.
Nope.  America First.  When the cabin looses pressure you put your own oxygen mask on first so you don't loose consciousness and are unable to help others.  It's an ideological fantasy to go around saying help everyone at the same time, everyone is equal!  That's not reality.  

This baby formula is a perfect example.  In order to help other countries or peoples you need to build up America first.  America was a large net exporter of high protein milk powder until the Biden administration killed Abbott manufacturing.  Stopping Abbot was the cabin loosing pressure.  Put your oxygen mask on first and restore production until we are a net exporter again.

Yeah, she said this yesterday but couldn't answer any follow up questions such as when it became his #1 issue, what he's been doing about it, etc....And when her replacement was asked who was the point person for this issue she couldn't say.  When Psaki was asked what a parent could do immediately about this issue she told them to talk to their doctor.  Basically, they're full of poo.  

This is what I’m talking about. You vs the illegals. So ugly. So dangerous. 
Biden is passing out while strapping an oxygen mask on illegal immigrants.

I'm not sure if Toxic Capitalism is the Dems new movement, but, everything they touch turns to dust.  They couldn't profitably run a lemonade stand.

I'm all in favor of people immigrating to the US.  I'd like to see more legal immigration from Mexico.  Works for me.

If there is a shortage of a good -- baby formula, insulin, video game consoles -- they should go to citizens and legal immigrants first.  Duh.

So weird that this is even controversial.

FWIW I do think the government bears a good deal of responsibility here, but not any particular administration. 

The government's biggest failure here is toothless antitrust enforcement over many years and several administrations. Factories aren't perfect, they're going to have problems, even horrible ones like pathogens in formula that kills infants. But shutting down one plant shouldn't trigger a crisis. Especially with a product like this, where anti-competitive pricing affects kids and poor families the most. 

Anyway, as I said yesterday if there's any FBGs struggling with this PLEASE let us know if we can help. If you wanna reach out to me via DM to keep it anonymous that's cool.

I'm all in favor of people immigrating to the US.  I'd like to see more legal immigration from Mexico.  Works for me.

If there is a shortage of a good -- baby formula, insulin, video game consoles -- they should go to citizens and legal immigrants first.  Duh.

So weird that this is even controversial.

Really? Even though we're the ones responsible for detaining the people getting the formula? 

What Abbott and the right seem to be proposing here - and as far as I can tell this is not an exaggeration in any way- is that the federal government starve infants it has already imprisoned in order to give the private supply chain a miniscule boost.  

Quite possibly a new low for the GOP, which is really saying something.

It seems to me that a lot of the criticism against Biden these days has to do with messaging rather than actual policy. His messaging has been quite awful to be sure. ....

This is true. And it’s why it’s so dangerous and ugly. 
The message is: there are “others” out there who are not like you (in this case, undocumented immigrants.) We need to protect you against these others, These others are your enemies; anything they receive is something YOU should be receiving instead. They are evil and you are their victims. It’s us or them.....That is the MAGA message in a nutshell, and why it’s so corrosive to this country. We need to defeat it.....

This is what I’m talking about. You vs the illegals. So ugly. So dangerous. ....

....I gotta add too- the people here attacking Biden for this are the same ones who attacked him for spending money to relieve child poverty last year. Because that added to inflation. ....

I’m listening to Psaki right now. She says that this issue is the #1 priority for Biden. ...

....I don’t think it’s a fine line to say that Greg Abbott is an awful human being. Let’s be clear: he is awful for suggesting that our government should stop providing formula to the babies of undocumented immigrants who currently being detained in camps. That’s the awful part. ....ETA he’s a lousy guy for many other reasons as well, but this one is probably the top of the list, 

Direct Headline: Massachusetts Bail Fund pays $100K to free woman accused of putting newborn baby in Boston trash can

By Frank O'Laughlin March 18, 2021

https://whdh.com/news/massachusetts-bail-fund-pays-100k-to-free-woman-accused-of-putting-newborn-baby-in-boston-trash-can/

Direct Headline: Democratic Dark Money Giant Poured Millions into Bail Funds in 2020, Some That Helped Alleged Violent Criminals Back onto the Streets

Among the bail funds that received funding from the Tides Center in 2020 include the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which helped post bail for a man accused of sexually assaulting an eight-year-old girl in July 2020, and the Massachusetts Bail Fund, which helped post bail for a woman accused of stuffing her newborn baby in a garbage can outside a Boston pizza shop in February 2021.....The Tides Center reported in its 2020 Form 990 that it provided a sum total of $5.97 million to 23 bail funds in 2020, a dramatic increase from the year prior when it reported donating just $216,000 to eight bail funds....The Tides Center is one of the five Tides charitable funds, which, according to their consolidated financial statements, raised nearly $1.4 billion from anonymous donors in 2020 to support left-wing causes....

....The Tides organizations are not required to publicly disclose the identity of their donors due to being structured as 501(c)(3) charity groups. Known donors to Tides groups include left-wing billionaires George Soros and Pierre Omidyar, according to Influence Watch.....

Massachusetts Bail Fund Inc  - $880,000.00

Andrew Kerr December 11, 2021

https://tennesseestar.com/2021/12/11/democratic-dark-money-giant-poured-millions-into-bail-funds-in-2020-some-that-helped-alleged-violent-criminals-back-onto-the-streets/

TWEET: Kamala Harris XX@XXKamalaHarris

If you’re able to, chip in now to the XX@XXMNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota. secure.actblue.Xcom

Donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund

Your support will help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota.

1:34 PM · Jun 1, 2020

https://twitter.com/kamalaharris/status/1267555018128965643?lang=en

Direct Headline: Biden staff donate to group that pays bail in riot-torn Minneapolis

At least 13 Biden campaign staff members posted on Twitter on Friday and Saturday that they made donations to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which opposes the practice of cash bail, or making people pay to avoid pre-trial imprisonment....President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign on Saturday said it was “disturbing” that Biden’s team “would financially support the mayhem that is hurting innocent people and destroying what good people spent their lives building,”...

By Jason Lange, Trevor Hunnicutt May 30, 20202:18 PM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minneapolis-police-biden-bail/biden-staff-donate-to-group-that-pays-bail-in-riot-torn-minneapolis-idUSKBN2360SZ

A woman is caught putting a newborn baby into a trash can. Marie Merisier was arrested for attempted murder. Then she was bailed out to dump an infant into the garbage.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris supported the pathway for the "bail reform" that lets Merisier out to do this disgusting crime. And it wasn't just Biden/Harris, Democrats up and down the ticket supported this "bail reform"

You can't have media optics and indefensible narratives like this and not have them come up when infants are starving because of Biden's policies that have triggered massive inflation all over the country.

Greg Abbott says let's prioritize American citizens and American mothers first and foremost. Tim calls him an awful human being.

Joe Biden, the presumed leader of the free world and our sitting POTUS, enables a pathway for massive inflation, flooding our Southern Border in the first place to dramatically increase the problems of a shortage of baby formula, having American infants starve and for women to dump their infants into garbage cans along with mass releasing looters and rioters back out into the streets to destroy small business owners and cripple our national economy even further. But somehow this is a MAGA problem?  Tim says the problem is Biden's messaging.

Tim also says Biden claims this is his Number #1 priority so everything is going to be OK.

Let's have a group hug and start singing shall we?

Don't worry...about a thing....every little thing.... is going to be alright....Don't worry... about your starving infants....every little thing.... is really Putin's fault or Trump's fault or the pandemic's fault or "messaging".....it's gonna be alright....

I don’t think it’s a fine line to say that Greg Abbott is an awful human being. Let’s be clear: he is awful for suggesting that our government should stop providing formula to the babies of undocumented immigrants who currently being detained in camps. That’s the awful part. 

ETA he’s a lousy guy for many other reasons as well, but this one is probably the top of the 

Disappointed not to see more condemnation of the Abbott letter. 

Here's the deal. The US government currently has a lot of babies in custody. It has three options:

1. Feed them

2. Let their families out so the parents can be responsible for feeding them

3. Let them starve

If you've got other ideas, let's hear them. Otherwise, those are the only three options. We gotta pick one. And as far as I can tell, the right seems to be settling on the baby-starving one. Pretty sad and frankly unexpected, even a progressive anti-Trumper like me expected better of them.

Direct Headline: Massachusetts Bail Fund pays $100K to free woman accused of putting newborn baby in Boston trash can

By Frank O'Laughlin March 18, 2021

https://whdh.com/news/massachusetts-bail-fund-pays-100k-to-free-woman-accused-of-putting-newborn-baby-in-boston-trash-can/

Direct Headline: Democratic Dark Money Giant Poured Millions into Bail Funds in 2020, Some That Helped Alleged Violent Criminals Back onto the Streets

Among the bail funds that received funding from the Tides Center in 2020 include the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which helped post bail for a man accused of sexually assaulting an eight-year-old girl in July 2020, and the Massachusetts Bail Fund, which helped post bail for a woman accused of stuffing her newborn baby in a garbage can outside a Boston pizza shop in February 2021.....The Tides Center reported in its 2020 Form 990 that it provided a sum total of $5.97 million to 23 bail funds in 2020, a dramatic increase from the year prior when it reported donating just $216,000 to eight bail funds....The Tides Center is one of the five Tides charitable funds, which, according to their consolidated financial statements, raised nearly $1.4 billion from anonymous donors in 2020 to support left-wing causes....

....The Tides organizations are not required to publicly disclose the identity of their donors due to being structured as 501(c)(3) charity groups. Known donors to Tides groups include left-wing billionaires George Soros and Pierre Omidyar, according to Influence Watch.....

Massachusetts Bail Fund Inc  - $880,000.00

Andrew Kerr December 11, 2021

https://tennesseestar.com/2021/12/11/democratic-dark-money-giant-poured-millions-into-bail-funds-in-2020-some-that-helped-alleged-violent-criminals-back-onto-the-streets/

TWEET: Kamala Harris XX@XXKamalaHarris

If you’re able to, chip in now to the XX@XXMNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota. secure.actblue.Xcom

Donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund

Your support will help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota.

1:34 PM · Jun 1, 2020

https://twitter.com/kamalaharris/status/1267555018128965643?lang=en

Direct Headline: Biden staff donate to group that pays bail in riot-torn Minneapolis

At least 13 Biden campaign staff members posted on Twitter on Friday and Saturday that they made donations to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which opposes the practice of cash bail, or making people pay to avoid pre-trial imprisonment....President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign on Saturday said it was “disturbing” that Biden’s team “would financially support the mayhem that is hurting innocent people and destroying what good people spent their lives building,”...

By Jason Lange, Trevor Hunnicutt May 30, 20202:18 PM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minneapolis-police-biden-bail/biden-staff-donate-to-group-that-pays-bail-in-riot-torn-minneapolis-idUSKBN2360SZ

A woman is caught putting a newborn baby into a trash can. Marie Merisier was arrested for attempted murder. Then she was bailed out to dump an infant into the garbage.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris supported the pathway for the "bail reform" that lets Merisier out to do this disgusting crime. And it wasn't just Biden/Harris, Democrats up and down the ticket supported this "bail reform"

You can't have media optics and indefensible narratives like this and not have them come up when infants are starving because of Biden's policies that have triggered massive inflation all over the country.

Greg Abbott says let's prioritize American citizens and American mothers first and foremost. Tim calls him an awful human being.

Joe Biden, the presumed leader of the free world and our sitting POTUS, enables a pathway for massive inflation, flooding our Southern Border in the first place to dramatically increase the problems of a shortage of baby formula, having American infants starve and for women to dump their infants into garbage cans along with mass releasing looters and rioters back out into the streets to destroy small business owners and cripple our national economy even further. But somehow this is a MAGA problem?  Tim says the problem is Biden's messaging.

Tim also says Biden claims this is his Number #1 priority so everything is going to be OK.

Let's have a group hug and start singing shall we?

Don't worry...about a thing....every little thing.... is going to be alright....Don't worry... about your starving infants....every little thing.... is really Putin's fault or Trump's fault or the pandemic's fault or "messaging".....it's gonna be alright....
Every time I think these posts couldn’t possibly get more bizarre I’m proven wrong. 

Here's the deal. The US government currently has a lot of babies in custody. It has three options:

1. Feed them

3. Let them starve

If you've got other ideas, let's hear them. Otherwise, those are the only three options. We gotta pick one. And as far as I can tell, the right seems to be settling on the baby-starving one. Pretty sad and frankly unexpected, even a progressive anti-Trumper like me expected better of them.
It’s really shameful. The best I can hope for is that some of these posters (like @IvanKaramazov) really haven’t thought this through. The ones that have- and agree with Gregg Abbott- shame on them. 

1. Feed them

3. Let them starve

Any illegal that wants to can ask to be sent home.  They can take their kids and head back to where they came from. 

Any illegal that wants to can ask to be sent home.  They can take their kids and head back to where they came from. 
I don’t believe this is true. Many of the ones detained are waiting to processed. They are not allowed to just leave. Shall we refuse to feed their children? 

Users who are viewing this thread