What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Ellington - RB - Clemson. (1 Viewer)

Why is Ellington ranked so highly for this week? I understand the Jags are giving up a lot to fantasy RBs, but I would have thought a tougher matchup is better for Ellington since the Cards might be more inclined to use him if trying to spark their offense in a comeback from behind and/or in the passing game if they are forced to throw.

If the Cards go up big on the Jags, I can see a lot of Mendy/Taylor game killing carries in the second half.
Ellington has now earned a 10-15 touch role regardless of matchup. While I think you are correct that the bruisers would be leaned on late to protect a lead, the idea is Ellington would be a big part of how they got that lead. I can be guilty of this too, but don't overthink it - the Jags are a great matchup.
Not to burst your bubble, but Ellington was barely used until late in the game last week. Had something absurd like 5 rushes and NO catches going into the 4th Q. And the game was close throughout. They only started rushing him more and tossing him the ball late. The misuse is maddening. You can't take anything for granted.

In this year of horrific RB play, i cant imagine a team has 2 better options then Ellington this week. Easy start.

100+ total yds and a touch. Anything less, i'd be pretty dissapointed.

In this year of horrific RB play, i cant imagine a team has 2 better options then Ellington this week. Easy start.

100+ total yds and a touch. Anything less, i'd be pretty dissapointed.
I have Lacy, Moreno, Mjd in over him. Only one I drafted high is mjd, and he's the only one I'd sub Ellington for.

Debated going with Vereen or Ellington this week and decided to go Ellington because I have no idea what to expect from BB.

Not to burst your bubble, but Ellington was barely used until late in the game last week. Had something absurd like 5 rushes and NO catches going into the 4th Q. And the game was close throughout. They only started rushing him more and tossing him the ball late. The misuse is maddening. You can't take anything for granted.
It didn't burst my bubble because I don't really care how or when Ellington gets his touches, only that he gets them.

And the undeniable fact is that his touches have went 1, 6, 6, 7, 11, 12, 5, 17 and 13. Other than a one game aberration, I don't know how you could argue he hasn't earned a 10-15 touch role. It's been a pattern now for five consecutive weeks and he continues to almost double up Mendenhall's production per touch so he's not going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we're going to see another long TD from Ellington this week.
I hope so because I'm buying into the thinking that's the most likely way to get solid points out of him. Arians is gonna run Mendy out there plenty

RushHour said:
Why is Ellington ranked so highly for this week? I understand the Jags are giving up a lot to fantasy RBs, but I would have thought a tougher matchup is better for Ellington since the Cards might be more inclined to use him if trying to spark their offense in a comeback from behind and/or in the passing game if they are forced to throw.

If the Cards go up big on the Jags, I can see a lot of Mendy/Taylor game killing carries in the second half.
Last time the Cards got up big on anybody, Kurt Warner was playing. They seem to find a way to trail or play close through their entire games.

RushHour said:

Last time the Cards got up big on anybody, Kurt Warner was playing. They seem to find a way to trail or play close through their entire games.
Not only that, but everyone thought the Titans would roll over the Jags last week and Chris Johnson would go nuts. Doesn't often work out the way you expect it..

I think we're going to see another long TD from Ellington this week.
I hope so because I'm buying into the thinking that's the most likely way to get solid points out of him. Arians is gonna run Mendy out there plenty
I agree, Arians will be content to play defense and control the clock. Ellington will need to make his own luck between the 20's if he's gonna see paydirt.
What they need to do is fall behind.

RushHour said:

Not only that, but everyone thought the Titans would roll over the Jags last week and Chris Johnson would go nuts. Doesn't often work out the way you expect it..
It looked like that was a combo of the titans playing down to there opponent and the jags playing for pride. Im wondering hop long mendy can play without getting injured

RushHour said:

It looked like that was a combo of the titans playing down to there opponent and the jags playing for pride. Im wondering hop long mendy can play without getting injured
thats the ticket... he will get his massive break and become a stud when mendy is out for an extended period, arians will have no choice then...

starting him this week over Vereen, J. Bell, TRich...pretty easy decision...hopefully Arians begins to cave from all the outside pressure to involve Ellington more...probably not but fingers crossed.

Tough choices this week with him. The CJ game last week gives me pause. I assumed he would go off. Now we are getting a lesser back with less touches on the road going from West coast to East coast for an early game. Andre Brown, Lacy may be getting my nod over him. Tough calls......

Here's how I think the Jax game goes:

Jax just beat a division rival and is going to have a letdown. AZ's defense is legit. I think AZ wins this game something like 24-10. That gives both Mendy and Arrington a lot of carries in the second half, and I think Arrington breaks one on a tired Jax D.

Tough choices this week with him. The CJ game last week gives me pause. I assumed he would go off. Now we are getting a lesser back with less touches on the road going from West coast to East coast for an early game. Andre Brown, Lacy may be getting my nod over him. Tough calls......
It's tough to say lesser back but I can agree less touches... Ellington is avg 7 plus ypc and is dangerous as a runner/wr.... I don't know if anyone is doing more with as limited the touches as him.... He has been really good for his workload... I would say a better back in all honesty to CJ now at 28, but less touches.

Here's how I think the Jax game goes:

Jax just beat a division rival and is going to have a letdown. AZ's defense is legit. I think AZ wins this game something like 24-10. That gives both Mendy and Arrington a lot of carries in the second half, and I think Arrington breaks one on a tired Jax D.
Arrington? I take it you meant Ellington :confused:

Good grief, I keep going back and forth here. I echo those of you (many of you) in this thread who are frustrated with Arians and why he won't give Ellington touches. I think that frustration keeps on circling in my brain. I just offered Ellington and Andre Brown for Knowshon Moreno. I'm not even sure if that is wise, but it's frustrating to keep thinking about Ellington's future status, the constant 'will he or won't he get enough touches'.

I really want to start him over L.Bell, who has a pretty tough matchup vs Lions, even though the volume will be there....but it's tough to pull that trigger.

I really want to start him over L.Bell, who has a pretty tough matchup vs Lions, even though the volume will be there....but it's tough to pull that trigger.
I have both (at least right now...with that Ellington/Brown for Moreno offer pending) and I would side with Bell simply for the volume. Volume is the key for me between Bell and Ellington. And because even though the Lions have a prolific offense, and may get a lead on the Steelers, Bell will still be in the game and catch passes.

I pulled it. I just don't see a scenario where Bell has a good game unless the Steelers are successful with a heavy ground attack. Since that hasn't happened in about 2 seasons, I feel rather comfortable sitting Bell regardless of the touch disparity between him and Ellington.

Steeler said:
I started Ellington over Chris Johnson... so you guys probably can't do worse than that :kicksrock:
So did I. Of course the team I'm playing started "Dammit" Donald Brown.

I was real close to starting him over CJ also but decided not to. I could still put him in at flex but don't think I will. If would be over Keenan Allen.

Alot of people are starting Ellington over obvious choices which means little. The tough choice is when you have solid players available.

I can pick two between Ellington, Sproles. and Andre Brown. I'm rolling with Sproles and Brown...don't trust Arians.

Alot of people are starting Ellington over obvious choices which means little. The tough choice is when you have solid players available.

I can pick two between Ellington, Sproles. and Andre Brown. I'm rolling with Sproles and Brown...don't trust Arians.
Smart.

Flip flopping now has me sitting MJD for Ellington.MJD clearly has the volume edge, but think Ellington's matchup is much easier. Already down 15-0 to an idiot kicker so will probably swing for the fences with the Duke of Ellington. Just some fodder for other folks. Unless Arians changes his ways then the Duke is clearly a matter of "how much risk do you want/need to take on"

I think I'm going to start him after all. Seeing the threads about the Chicago weather has me thinking taking out Alshon Jeffery would be prudent.

He should be able to carve up the Jags pretty nicely with at least one long TD.

Purely a wdis thread now
what else do you wanna talk about on a saturday? How many Bruce Arians is an idiot or Mendenhall sucks posts do you wanna see
None. I also don't care if someone is debating starting him over xxx. Now, if someone has some genuine analysis, that's worth reading. I really don't get that MOST posting on this board can't understand that nobody else cares about their team.

You guys are starting him over Ray Rice? That seems crazy to me. The Bears entire defense has been horrible all seasons. EVERYBODY runs on them. With potential crappy weather, that might be all Baltimore has to do to win this game. I'd think long and hard about this one.

You guys are starting him over Ray Rice? That seems crazy to me. The Bears entire defense has been horrible all seasons. EVERYBODY runs on them. With potential crappy weather, that might be all Baltimore has to do to win this game. I'd think long and hard about this one.
I'd go Ellington over Rice all day at this point, and I'm a Ravens fan.

Up to this point Ellington over Rice and it isn't even close. Rice runs like a kid in a oversized snow suit like in A Christmas story

Users who are viewing this thread