What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime Video "Watch Instantly" Gems: FBG's Recommend (1 Viewer)

I have been impressed with their kids shows. My kid likes Tumble Leaf & Creative Galaxy. A little young for Gortimer Gibbons.
Mainly for the girls: Wishenpoof and Just Add Magic

For both: Annedroids and Stinky and Dirty

Jean Claude Van Johnson - Do yourself a favor and watch this pilot. It's a satire of JCVD's acting career and it's the funniest damn show I've seen in a very long time. I think there's about a week left to vote (not sure how) to help get this picked up for a full season.

I've been enjoying The Kettering Incident. fans of x-files, wtf is going on mystery types of things set in stunning location (tazmania) should check it out. definitely worth the watch, even if a lot of what's happened so far are locals who clearly know more than they're letting on dropping crazy hints to the lead, who then just walks away instead of saying "wtf?!- wait a sec... explain that more please". first 4 episodes were up and down, but mostly good- just watched the 5th episode last night (out of 8)... lots of crazy (in a good way) stuff going on. the lead was the gf in the Night Manager on AMC.

finished it. I'm assuming there's a second season, because... nothing wrapped up at all- even if it went in a pretty insane direction at the end.

kind of up and down over all. I get frustrated with shows/movies where much of what drives the plot is when 2 characters don't take conversations to their natural end- especially when there's bizarre stuff needing explanation that one person knows, and the other person asks the question and then just walks away without getting the answer. lots of that in this- but the overall vibe and story-line makes it work well enough to mostly recommend. 

Wife and I are almost done with the second season of Catastrophe. Think I saw it mentioned briefly in here. Very funny and an easy watch.

I have watched most of the series on Amazon.

Hand of God - took a few episodes to get into, but ended up being solid

Man in the High Castle - cool concept, struck out on story

Red Oaks - is pretty funny.

Bosch - meh, it was alright

Mad Dogs - I enjoyed this one

Mozart in the Jungle - pretty good, the Maestro is hilarious.

Banshe- pretty cool action packed

Ex-Machina - I liked this. Unique story.

The Americas - season 1 was worth a watch, haven't watched season 2

Vikings - season 1 was cool, but it tails off.

Rome- I enjoyed both seasons

Boardwalk Empire - watched on HBO when it came out, I liked it, but it was no Sopranos

Strike Back - entertaining

Band of Brothers - awesome

The Gambler - worth a watch
:thumbup:

Just watched S1 last night, definitely worth a go.

As war "movies" go, I really enjoyed the following:

- "Kilo Two Bravo" is based on a true story of a British unit in Afghanistan.

- Both "Restrepo" and "Korengal" are great documentaries that followed soldiers deployed in the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan.

Currently watching Deadwood.  Old (2004) series from HBO or Showtime, so I've never seen it.  Enjoying a couple of cameo's by some "before they were stars" actors.  Acting is top notch.  Ian McShane and Oliphant are great.  Big fan of each.

Also helps that I went through Deadwood on a family vacation as a kid and got into the story of the town a bit.  I'm not sure if that matters to one's enjoyment or not.

Currently watching Deadwood.  Old (2004) series from HBO or Showtime, so I've never seen it.  Enjoying a couple of cameo's by some "before they were stars" actors.  Acting is top notch.  Ian McShane and Oliphant are great.  Big fan of each.

Also helps that I went through Deadwood on a family vacation as a kid and got into the story of the town a bit.  I'm not sure if that matters to one's enjoyment or not.
:wub:   Deadwood, wish it went a couple more seasons

anyone here watch The Expanse? Has good reviews and I am a sucker for pretty much anything sci-fi.

A police detective in the asteroid belt, the first officer of an interplanetary ice freighter and an earth-bound United Nations executive slowly discover a vast conspiracy that threatens the Earth's rebellious colony on the asteroid belt.

Only 1 season so far but season 2 starting in a couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
 anyone here watch The Expanse? Has good reviews and I am a sucker for pretty much anything sci-fi.

A police detective in the asteroid belt, the first officer of an interplanetary ice freighter and an earth-bound United Nations executive slowly discover a vast conspiracy that threatens the Earth's rebellious colony on the asteroid belt.

Only 1 season so far but season 2 starting in a couple weeks.
I watched one episode- didn't grab me, but didn't suck either. not sure why we didn't keep going with it...

JoeSteeler said:
Kraft... said:
:wub:   Deadwood, wish it went a couple more seasons
:goodposting:  x100

There is a movie in the works allegedly
huh- that would be cool... for HBO or theaters?

loved Deadwood- so many amazing characters and the writing was insanely good. only small issue I had with it was that the writing was a bit too uniform from character to character... but between Al and Wu, it's in epic territory.

Watched Gleason on Amazon Prime.  What devastating but inspiring film.   Your heart obviously goes out to him but it is his wife I really feel bad for.

Watched Episode 1 of Sneaky Pete. It's the only episode available right now. Looks like it's going to be a good one.
9 more episodes added. In the meantime, I started Goliath so I think I will finish that and then come back to Pete. 

Going back to Sneaky Pete. I actually think Goliath is getting dumber with each episode. I will probably finish it eventually. 

Started Sneaky Pete. Not sure how I feel. The con man as a super hero concept has been done a million times. Giovanni is not wowing me. Cranston is good except the accent is terrible. I almost stopped watching, but the toe episode has kept my interest. Im on 6 now. 

Have not read entire thread yet, so I may have more questions if I don't see what I am looking for but my wife just got Amazon Prime but have been Netflix prior.

So, question:

I have the firestick so that may be my issue but is there an Amazon app like Netflix has or my Sling app that I go to and it puts all the suggestions and recommendations  up on one screen or do I just search from my firestick homepage?

More questions to come, I am sure.

The Oasis documentary "Supersonic" is excellent and the Gallagher brothers are good for a laugh even if you don't like the band.

The Oasis documentary "Supersonic" is excellent and the Gallagher brothers are good for a laugh even if you don't like the band.
Just like their career, the documentary ended after their second album.  If anyone doesn't know this doc was done by the same team that made Amy, which is also really, really, good.

Ymmv, but I just finished Sneaky Pete and I'd say give it a chance.  I don't remember episodes enough to say when it got good, but on a whole I found it to be really good.  I am sad it's over.
I'm not sure I ever see it getting amazing, but it's pretty good after 4 episodes.

"You broke it, you bought it". We've just seen so many great TV shows now, it's so hard to be exceptional anymore and that scene exemplifies that. It's unfair, but I couldn't stop thinking about the "Half Measures" scene during "You broke it, you bought it". Just an unfair comparison for what's just a great scene on it's own.

Still early, but to me, Sneaky Pete's ceiling seems to be on par with another Graham Yost show (Justified). Very, very good, but not transcendent. 

Unrelated, but I keep wondering if Aaron Paul considered or was considered for the Pete role. It'd be interesting to see, but he just wouldn't be up for it. Phoebe's boy/Boiler Room kid is great in the role.

The night manager is available.  Gonna rip through that this weekend.  Love me some loki.  

The night manager is available.  Gonna rip through that this weekend.  Love me some loki.  
I watched all of this yesterday.  Loved it.  Also like it was only 6 episodes which seemed perfect for the flow of the story.  9/10.

Just finished Sneaky Pete and liked it a ton.  Which for those keeping score it fell just short of love. 

A couple of the characters annoyed me, and the overall plot was a bit over stretched, but for TV entertainment, I'd give it two thumbs up and would recommend it.  I don't know what there is not to like so much that you wouldn't tune in and have fun watching it.  I'm looking forward to the next season. 

Users who are viewing this thread